Author Topic: Dylan Rieder on Adidas  (Read 123856 times)

dillanharp

Re: Dylan Rieder on Adidas
« Reply #360 on: April 13, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

well..
[close]
Dude is dressed like a girl.  I'm not even saying that in a homophobic way, he is just straight up wearing a woman's outfit.

Also those shoes look like something a soccer mom would wear around the house.
[close]

an extra inch of white rubber around the ollie area away from being vans slip ons and they're mom shoes now? gimme a fuckin break

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
i guess they'll have him design a range of shoes that will appeal to the no-logo crowd, i've never been into the gigantic 3 stripes on the side, but i bet dylan's shoe will be pretty simplistic and totally different to the standard adidas skate stuff, which will interest me and everyone else who isn't too keen.

Adidas Dylan line: For everyone else who isn't too keen.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
If someone who'd never heard of skateboarding asked me what skateboarding was, I would have them read this entire thread.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
How the hell does this thread have 13 pages? Some of you guys live a little TOO vicariously through these pros !

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
^
^
^
And some of us live a little too vicariously through Nicolas Cage...

zoltan

« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

well..
[close]
Dude is dressed like a girl.  I'm not even saying that in a homophobic way, he is just straight up wearing a woman's outfit.

[close]

an extra inch of white rubber around the ollie area away from being vans slip ons and they're mom shoes now? gimme a fuckin break

yeah they probably skate way better than vans slip ons too. adidas are very high quality. the extra rubber seems like it would skate good

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
It's scary how concerned some of you guys are with other people's clothing.

starwars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
theres two pairs of gravis dylans on ebay for 30, better grab em while you can

dillanharp

Dole

• Rep: 3
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you think Dylan uses a lot of product in his hair or its just like - you know- like that?
[close]

I'm gonna go with argan and coconut oil, otherwise if it's natural he's one lucky sombitch
[close]

I'm gonna say he probably uses Dill's jizz - just hoping that one day, by dressing like him and using a part of him, that he will become as relevant as him.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Adidas got that Dylan Rieder please believe it...that is all

Fake Tits

« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
If he's officially on that's rad because Adidas clips are always the best!

ontheswarm

« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »

There you have it boys.

Everyone's going on about this - haven't read through all 13 pages of this thread - but honestly, think about it. Maybe Cons did throw an offer at him, Maybe even Nike, and definitely Vans. However, Dylan's a pretty big name in skateboarding and it's the first time in a while that such a big name has come up for grabs in the shoe department with such a lifespan still left on them. I know that Etnies threw an offer for 1.2 Million at Austyn Gillette so how much do you think Adidas threw at Dylan? Shit, I'd never go out on my own to buy Adidas but do any of you guys really hate them enough to turn down millions of dollars and free Adidas shit for said amount of time?

I really would like to know how this shoe skates compared to a vans slip ons or slip on pros.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
Man, I didnt believe this for a second before seeing that picture. This shit is fucked, horrible horrible fit

i still dont buy it, he could be testing them out, isn't there photos of him in vans?
need an instagram confirmation at least.

zoltan

« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »
It's scary how concerned some of you guys are with other people's clothing.

its not his clothing people care about its the brand he will be representing and we would like to see him a sick brand that will produce sick videos/coverage of him which adidas will

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
I am disappoint.

there is still potential for a spin off line more reminiscent of his last few models though.

I need something that the store I work at stocks and that I can also wear to weddings/formal occasions.

BlackMarble

• Rep: -1
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »
I was talking to a marketing guy from Vans the other day and he said Vans wasn't a player because Vans ended badly last time they split. Apparently dude is a pain in the ass to work with as well
you gotta get down, before you get down

Fake Tits

« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »
I am disappoint.

there is still potential for a spin off line more reminiscent of his last few models though.

I need something that the store I work at stocks and that I can also wear to weddings/formal occasions.

ahaahhahahahaha!!! yes!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »
I was talking to a marketing guy from Vans the other day and he said Vans wasn't a player because Vans ended badly last time they split. Apparently dude is a pain in the ass to work with as well

This is very believable

Fake Tits

« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:38 AM »
Expand Quote

There you have it boys.

Everyone's going on about this - haven't read through all 13 pages of this thread - but honestly, think about it. Maybe Cons did throw an offer at him, Maybe even Nike, and definitely Vans. However, Dylan's a pretty big name in skateboarding and it's the first time in a while that such a big name has come up for grabs in the shoe department with such a lifespan still left on them. I know that Etnies threw an offer for 1.2 Million at Austyn Gillette so how much do you think Adidas threw at Dylan? Shit, I'd never go out on my own to buy Adidas but do any of you guys really hate them enough to turn down millions of dollars and free Adidas shit for said amount of time?

[close]
I really would like to know how this shoe skates compared to a vans slip ons or slip on pros.

However it skates is whatever... Because that's one of the ugliest shoes I've seen.  Looks like a K-Mart special.

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

There you have it boys.

[close]
[close]

However it skates is whatever... Because that's one of the ugliest shoes I've seen.  Looks like a K-Mart special.

rite, compared to adidas' other shoes these are horrible

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is very believable
didn't the switch from Vans to Gravis also happen around the same time as his pill addiction?  that could've been a factor in being difficult to work with.

Gnar Gnar Banks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
 Adidas may have had some failed ventures in other aspects of their company, but as far as their skating goes it should show that they don't overpower their riders and push them to shove adidas down the worlds throats, like other corporations. At least they will probably be open minded and have enough money to blow to risk letting dylan try out his own shit. Whats he gonna do on Van's anyway, use syndicate to create an all black shoe, already been done.

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »
Adidas is the only non skater owned shoe company to do things properly.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote

well..
[close]

Yeah he dresses like Erica Yary

fuckedupretard

• Rep: -25
  • power ollie
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
i really really hope he's just fucking with people. not that i wouldnt like seeing him on adidas, but i mean he's been seen in vans, adidas and hufs after gravis fell through. i dont know why but i feel like him making the whole skate world discuss whether or not he's going to be on adidas is funny to him. but he is definately going to vans.

bubbles

• Rep: -4
  • her name bubbles

shit_for_brains

« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:29 PM »
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2013/04/confirmed-dylan-rieder-on-adidas/

Wouldn't Adidas be the only ones who could confirm that? That post is just saying "guys he's on Adidas here's a picture of a slip on"

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:33 PM »
That link mentions Chuz/Saucony again.  Has anyone sent them a memo saying that there is a reason Chad hasn't had a shoe sponsor in three years?  The skateboarding public simply doesn't care for him, and they will lose a lot of money.  I would even refuse to buy non skate Sauconys if they sign him, not that I own any, but I'm not opposed to it for some walking around shoes.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is very believable
[close]
didn't the switch from Vans to Gravis also happen around the same time as his pill addiction?  that could've been a factor in being difficult to work with.

To be completely honest thats okay. he ended up making some gems. They said the same thing about stefan when they were working on his shoe and thats apparently one of the best selling models at nike, thats even if you include their legit sports divisions.