Author Topic: Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine  (Read 6353 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine
« on: July 05, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »
Finally! And well deserved.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
Re: Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 03:57:06 PM »
although he's the typical emerica/tum yeto mold im stoked for this

also his grandma is a G to ignore the boobs on the debut graphic
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

internetname

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 03:57:38 PM »
About time, not feeling the graphics though

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »

They gave her the censored version 😂

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 03:58:17 PM »
Calling it right now.  July 5th.  Soty.  Not because I like him more than Louie or anyone in particular, I just have a feeling Thrasher’s gonna give it to someone gnar after Suciu and this guy is leading the pack.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 04:26:40 PM »
Finally?   This is Daan/Foy levels quick, no?   Not that it’s undeserved by any means

bo bice

• Rep: 88
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 04:28:09 PM »
that ho been pro

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 04:32:42 PM »
Proban as fuck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 04:36:19 PM »
Finally?   This is Daan/Foy levels quick, no?   Not that it’s undeserved by any means

It's relatively quick, yeah. I figured he'd be pro in another year or so. When an am is pretty hot they get turned pro fast, same thing happened with Darrell Stanton and Ramondetta back in the day for example.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 04:37:19 PM »
dude is a destroyer

ouricecreammachineisdown

• Rep: -11
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 04:39:52 PM »

Super quick but I feel like I say the same thing about almost everybody these days.

Mall Grab Mike

• Rep: -9
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 04:48:58 PM »
Braden Hoban pro for Toy Machine.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 04:55:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's relatively quick, yeah. I figured he'd be pro in another year or so. When an am is pretty hot they get turned pro fast, same thing happened with Darrell Stanton and Ramondetta back in the day for example.

And also with his kind of skating I think it makes sense for a brand to turn him, and other skaters like him, pro earlier, while they're in their prime. With the importance of being "pro as fuck" for a board not nearly what it once was, there's little sense in letting what would otherwise be a highly marketable pro waste their time as an am so they can "pay their dues".

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 05:04:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And also with his kind of skating I think it makes sense for a brand to turn him, and other skaters like him, pro earlier, while they're in their prime. With the importance of being "pro as fuck" for a board not nearly what it once was, there's little sense in letting what would otherwise be a highly marketable pro waste their time as an am so they can "pay their dues".

Especially with Provost and Blake's departure, it probably made room and made it easier for him to go pro – not like he didn't deserve it already.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 05:10:33 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 05:51:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

agreed and his sponsors lose risk of him going the austin stephens/jeremy leabres route being a big handrail/hucker type of skateboarder. not that those guys ever put out what i thought was bad footage or anything, they just turned pro right after putting out heavy parts in their prime and then got hurt & slowly lost the ability to skate the way they had been prior to that. the caliber of shit he’s doing along with the risk only make sense for him to have a board already, well deserved in my eyes.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2022, 05:54:50 PM »
man i wish i could go pro for Tum Yeto & have a picture with my guardian simultaneously

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2022, 06:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
agreed and his sponsors lose risk of him going the austin stephens/jeremy leabres route being a big handrail/hucker type of skateboarder. not that those guys ever put out what i thought was bad footage or anything, they just turned pro right after putting out heavy parts in their prime and then got hurt & slowly lost the ability to skate the way they had been prior to that. the caliber of shit he’s doing along with the risk only make sense for him to have a board already, well deserved in my eyes.

Not to mention Axel who just kinda went under the radar after going pro/switching to vans euro

I’m happy for the guy especially after bs noseblunting then kickflip bs noseblunting that UCI ledge.  That was a trick that lived in my mind for 20 years and I’m glad someone did it the way I was picturing after Jake Hayes did it, but kinda had too much pop for it to live up to what I thought it should look like

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »
I know it's kind of a corny contest and all but he really did fuck up that SLS Hubba Hideout recreation. Like no one really came close to putting down what he did.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2022, 06:38:26 PM »
Not a minute too soon. Dude is a maniac!

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »
ed templeton's art sucks ass

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2022, 07:12:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Goddamnit that all still seems awkward hahaha

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2022, 07:16:18 PM »
But yeah no I’m hyped for him. Looking forward to the next graphic, but still hyped

decaf

• Rep: -20
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2022, 07:24:38 PM »
Smart for Ed to not sleep on turning him pro. Someone bigger could have snagged him up real quick.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2022, 07:34:00 PM »

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2022, 07:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
ed templeton's art sucks ass
[close]

Go and buy Ed Templetons board it’s the one with the crappy graphics

nothing's been the since same

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1223
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2022, 07:52:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Goddamnit that all still seems awkward hahaha

I guess some of us are just more sexually open with our grandmothers.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »
Smart for Ed to not sleep on turning him pro. Someone bigger could have snagged him up real quick.

Sinclair.   

I think Ed has as much to do with Toy these days as Gonz does with Krooked.   Just scribbles some art down and emails it in the distribution co

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2022, 08:30:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Not to mention Axel who just kinda went under the radar after going pro/switching to vans euro

I’m happy for the guy especially after bs noseblunting then kickflip bs noseblunting that UCI ledge.  That was a trick that lived in my mind for 20 years and I’m glad someone did it the way I was picturing after Jake Hayes did it, but kinda had too much pop for it to live up to what I thought it should look like

He's been hanging with Chris Gregson a lot which means I hope he's stacking footage for either a Thunder and/or Spitfire part. Been waiting for it since he switched over to them.

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2022, 09:17:12 PM »
man i wish i could go pro for Tum Yeto & have a picture with my guardian simultaneously

lololol