Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94166 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #390 on: September 27, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
im hoping for a collapse in the near future to weed people out
totally, I wish skateboarding wasn't the cool thing to do

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #391 on: September 27, 2011, 10:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This elitist attitude is a trend I'm tired of
MN -> IL

5onthat

• Rep: -3
« Reply #392 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
honestly, after going to street league i saw the worst of the worse. thousands of little fags. but it was free and i got wasted with my friend before going so it was a good time.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #393 on: September 28, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
This elitist attitude is a trend I'm tired of
i know i'm suck a prick. but c'mon dude half the little kids at the park smoking their little reggie blunts and being generally annoying and terrible wouldn't be there if skating wasn't so bloated. it's not something i dwell on it isn't ruining my time, i like to see that more kids than ever are exposed to and enjoying skateboarding, but there's a bad side to everything...

i'm gonna get off my elitist macbook pro, put on my north face, get in my range rover and go buy a pack of american spirits and some imported draft. 

jk luv you bye

im probably lying

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #394 on: September 28, 2011, 05:51:18 AM »
went to a park yesterday with some peeps that I havent been to in ages. everybody was wearing nike and adidas shoes, me included. I'm ashamed of myself, this has got to stop.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2011, 06:52:14 AM »
went to a park yesterday with some peeps that I havent been to in ages. everybody was wearing nike and adidas shoes, me included. I'm ashamed of myself, this has got to stop.
But we all know it won't..
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2011, 07:23:34 AM »
Also, what the fuck is with the recent trend of skating 60mm filmer wheels at smooth as fuck parks? Seen a few people doing this lately. Idiots.
Skating fast is fun.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2011, 07:25:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Also, what the fuck is with the recent trend of skating 60mm filmer wheels at smooth as fuck parks? Seen a few people doing this lately. Idiots.
[close]
Skating fast is fun.

dont need huge wheels to go fast, also harder wheels are usually faster on smooth park surfaces

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2011, 07:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
we all started skateboarding at one time becase we thought it was cool. Dont worry about anybody else skating but yourself.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #399 on: September 28, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
Honestly. Ear buds. You don't like the sound of skateboarding?

You loves you? Megatron.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Yeah, definitely headphones. Saw some kid on a cruiser board wearing headphones plow into this guy on a bike because he wasn't paying attention. Both of em got pretty tore up from the fall, and the kid on the bike looked like he wanted to beat the shit out of him. I guess it's one thing if you're skating by yourself or something, but if you're in fucking traffic you've got to pay attention.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

jimi420

« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
Indie music has got to go.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
When you take people to a spot and there like "nah it wont look good on film" and just hates on the spot even though you really like it. I took a couple buddies of mine to a spot and one of them gave me that excuse, the dude is a kook.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2011, 03:24:49 PM »
Last time I was at a skatepark , about 40 % of the ppl there were kids on scooters , and there were parents everywhere . Seems like skateparks are just daycare or family fun day . Drop the kids off and do what ever you want , or drop them there and spend time with the other parents .

Its getting to be like soccer or hockey practice or something .  Skate parks are also full of kids who cant skate or hold their balance , or do the smallest ollie . Why not stay on a regular street infront of house and learn how to push , keep your balance and learn ollies ?

Just sucks when you go to the park , all the parents are there . some kids running around playing or sitting in places you want to skate , then you got ppl who cant skate in the way , or ppl on scooters , and then you still have to wait your turn among the ppl who actually know how to skate .

Maybe Im just being a bitch ?

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
dude, scooters are a shame, but skating around parents feels just akward

HK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
not really a trend 'in' skateboarding but in melbourne its become really popular for all this faggy teenagers and pre teens to ride around on tiny little plastic penny cruisers.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »
not really a trend 'in' skateboarding but in melbourne its become really popular for all this faggy teenagers and pre teens to ride around on tiny little plastic penny cruisers.

those things are fucking dope though.
I'll take 'em over longboarders anyday.
@idealhandmades

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #407 on: September 28, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »
Skating around parents is very awkward. But my mom is stoked on no-comply 180s

5onthat

• Rep: -3
« Reply #408 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
i moved to boston a few weeks ago, and i'm from jersey where the only fun thing to skate is a park, but boston has sick spots. i skate mfa ledges every day, its basically a skatepark

VictoriousOG

« Reply #409 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
Just out of curiosity- do a lot of you ONLY skate parks?  Parks are a convenience but not necessary.  If you hate the park so much, then leave.

I admit too being a park shark, but that's the case when you work a 1-9 shift almost everyday and the only thing lighted properly is the park. If I am off from work, I try to go find people to street skate with, but it's hard with everyone's schedule conflicting with your own.

HK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you dont understand what these kids are like.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #411 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you dont understand what these kids are like.

wow yeah they are dope my first skateboard was one of those plastic cruisers, back when I wasnt even into skating

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #412 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just out of curiosity- do a lot of you ONLY skate parks??  Parks are a convenience but not necessary.?  If you hate the park so much, then leave.

[close]
I admit too being a park shark, but that's the case when you work a 1-9 shift almost everyday and the only thing lighted properly is the park. If I am off from work, I try to go find people to street skate with, but it's hard with everyone's schedule conflicting with your own.
[close]

Don't you live in Dallas?  I wish I lived somewhere that had that many options.  Soon....

It kinda depends where I live Hate . If im back in my home city on vacation , I know all parks and all spots . But when Im working alot and only have maybe 1 day off a week , I dont really want the hassle of getting kicked out or botherd by ppl . I just want to skate , skate a spot with nice ground , perfect ledges , perfect many pads and transition .

Moving to a city which has perfect spot out in the city so I wont skate any parks at all .

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »
Just out of curiosity- do a lot of you ONLY skate parks?  Parks are a convenience but not necessary.  If you hate the park so much, then leave.

I mostly skate parks, mainly because I live in a small town with a great skatepark without a lot of street spots. I just found two new spots that I'm going to try and skate, though.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
I do wanna reiterate that I am not against skateparks at all, but the amount of bitching about them just made me wonder why people skate them so much if they hate them so much.  I like skating both and yeah, kids and park moms are annoying, but maybe I have less of an issue with them because I am older.  I will say that I've smacked one of those little 12 year old wannabe hardasses for breaking glass bottles all over a park and I've also told a mother off for getting on my case about plowing her kid over.  I didn't do it intentionally and I made sure he was ok, but she just kept pushing it and saying that I "assaulted" her kid.

for fucks sake, if kids dont know skatepark etiquete thats one thing, but do their parents not see the danger?

Only a few days ago i was about to do a flippity trick off a block, at the last second i saw a kid in my way, had to kick the board away and jump OVER him, same thing happned 5 minutes later but i jumped to the side. thats when i went and told this kids mom that she should look at what hes doing not for my sake but for his, if i wasnt looking up when i was, its very likley hed be in hospital now.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #415 on: September 29, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »
I do wanna reiterate that I am not against skateparks at all, but the amount of bitching about them just made me wonder why people skate them so much if they hate them so much.  I like skating both and yeah, kids and park moms are annoying, but maybe I have less of an issue with them because I am older.  I will say that I've smacked one of those little 12 year old wannabe hardasses for breaking glass bottles all over a park and I've also told a mother off for getting on my case about plowing her kid over.  I didn't do it intentionally and I made sure he was ok, but she just kept pushing it and saying that I "assaulted" her kid.
Sounds intentional to me.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #416 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »
Ohh that makes more sense.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #417 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for fucks sake, if kids dont know skatepark etiquete thats one thing, but do their parents not see the danger?

Only a few days ago i was about to do a flippity trick off a block, at the last second i saw a kid in my way, had to kick the board away and jump OVER him, same thing happned 5 minutes later but i jumped to the side. thats when i went and told this kids mom that she should look at what hes doing not for my sake but for his, if i wasnt looking up when i was, its very likley hed be in hospital now.
my tech with those kids is to haul ass at them, then just before impact, scoop them up under my arm and run it out. then you gently set them down, and say something like, "whoa little buddy. that almost hurt both of us. maybe you should be a little more careful." it puts the fear of god in them, and nobody has to get hurt.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
Unrelated to tired trends, but this has to do with the park where the kid was breaking bottles and it's kind of a funny story...

That park was in Little Rock, AR and it was more or less just a couple ramps and rails in an alley, downtown.  Anyways, it was right by this plant where they made animal feed, so there was always this grainy smell in the air.  It got really bad in the summer because it was just gross to breathe that smell in constantly- plus Arkansas summers are hot as fuck.

Anyway, one July there was this little dude skating and he was getting a little green and kept talking about how bad it smelled.  He was standing on the deck of one of the quarters and just started puking all over.  There were two other little dudes up there and both of them started puking at the sight of their homie's barf fest.  Then one of them started crying and when he tried to climb down from the ramp he slipped in the puke.  God it was so horrible and wonderful at the same time.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #419 on: September 29, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dude this is like pretty much my schedule too if you lived in louisville id go skate with you  :-[

im probably lying