Author Topic: Making a change from Indys  (Read 4894 times)

Mullet Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Making a change from Indys
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
Why fix what ain't broken?

He's not fixing anything. And how can you tell if something isn't broken if you have nothing to compare it to?

I try all kinds of shit. I find my favorite stuff that way. Compare and contrast.

no thanks

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's not fixing anything. And how can you tell if something isn't broken if you have nothing to compare it to?

I try all kinds of shit. I find my favorite stuff that way. Compare and contrast.

Well who would want to go from fucking Natalie Portman to Whitney Houston just to see the difference?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
Because you know Whitney is a freak.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well who would want to go from fucking Natalie Portman to Whitney Houston just to see the difference?

If you insist on an analogy like this, Indy would be Cher.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Only problem I've had with Aces was that the stock bushing crumbled after some time. I don't think I had them overly tight, though I have since loosened them up. I've heard others having the same problem, but it's just a good excuse to buy Bones.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
always liked how indys turned, but i've never had a pair where axel slip wasn't a problem.....thinking of switching too....theeve?

masquared

• Rep: -1
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:41 AM »
always liked how indys turned, but i've never had a pair where axel slip wasn't a problem.....thinking of switching too....theeve?

Do it.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »

Theeve baseplates remind me of Indy ones.  Hangers of old Trackers.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
i rode indys for 20 something years, until recently when my board got stolen out of my van and a friend kicked me a pair of almost new aces he had.

i'll never buy indys again.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

ollienorth

• Rep: 3
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 07:02:13 AM »
Does Venture make an 8.5" axle?
yeah, but i wouldn't recommend it. the only pair or ventures i had was that size so i don't want to judge the brand as a whole, but the axles just always felt super flimsy, snapped within 2 months.

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:55 AM »
i've been riding thunders for like a decade now and just recently made the switch to indys, they took some time to break in and even now they are im not 100 percent comfortable with how they turn. granted to last forever thats what ill be riding though, but im not going to buy a pair again. glad that there seems to be a good amount of decent trucks on the market now with brands like theeve and ace, so im probably going that route

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
Man, those dudes somehow used the worst examples ever, because both Whitney Houston AND Cher could probably fuck your dick right off. For all I know, Natalie Portman is the worst lay ever. I mean, she dated fucking MOBY. Whitney Houston was married to BOBBY BROWN.

I shouldn't have to spell this stuff out for you guys. This is not rocket science, people.

The dudes above me clearly went Bobby Brown with their trucks. They know what's what. Personally, I started with Thunders, rode Indys for probably 15 years or so, and recently went back to Thunders. I'm backing them. Also, I have never tried Ventures - and for all I know, I've been blowing it this whole time. I think I'll pick some up, I seriously like that idea.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »
I rode Indy's and I thought they were really good, lasted forever and turned pretty good. Then I traded a set of Thunders for some Krux to my friend and I haven't gone back. Thunder's just turn so damn good and they grind great also, and they last a long time as well (not as much as Indy's from my experience though) Thunder is the way to go.

I have been feeling tempted with ACE's and Ventures, but you know the whole "why fix something that isn't broken" deal