Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584761 times)

coneklr

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3690 on: August 30, 2019, 11:37:08 AM »
Should I say fuck it and just live my own life and stop trying to make others happy? Maybe more people would like me then.

The ones that stick around will like the real you which will make your life more fulfilling as you'll be being fully authentic to you.

Ms. Tamzarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #3691 on: August 30, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Should I say fuck it and just live my own life and stop trying to make others happy? Maybe more people would like me then.
[close]

The ones that stick around will like the real you which will make your life more fulfilling as you'll be being fully authentic to you.

shalom  :)

animalflesh

« Reply #3692 on: August 30, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
Why do some sandwich shops not even have pickles upon request?

The pickle is a necessity for any deli in my eyes.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3693 on: August 30, 2019, 01:22:40 PM »
Pickles are garbage.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

animalflesh

« Reply #3694 on: August 31, 2019, 09:29:51 AM »
Ur a monster

But still they should at least be available at the deli

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3695 on: August 31, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
I bought an Abba Zabba once cause of Half Baked, and was really disappointed.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3696 on: August 31, 2019, 07:12:45 PM »
I bought an Abba Zabba once cause of Half Baked, and was really disappointed.

haha this is great, what do they taste like?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3697 on: September 01, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
From what I remember it was just like peanuts stuck in mostly tasteless taffy.

Pretty wack, but Dave Chappelle made them look good.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3698 on: September 01, 2019, 11:51:52 PM »

Saw them at a store counter, thought of Half Baked and got one.

It's exactly like you said; butter enveloped in completely flavorless white taffy.

Considering the decadent nature of the food culture in the US, why are americans so bad at making good candy?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3699 on: September 02, 2019, 02:10:40 AM »
With natural disaster happenings does the national weather service fudge the results to induce panic for supplies to force others to be consumers of what others consider useless shit?

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3700 on: September 02, 2019, 03:27:53 AM »
With natural disaster happenings does the national weather service fudge the results to induce panic for supplies to force others to be consumers of what others consider useless shit?

Yes, definitely. And it's all funded by (subjectively sus billionaire name here).

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3701 on: September 02, 2019, 04:00:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, definitely. And it's all funded by (subjectively sus billionaire name here).
My wife and I were in a line at a grocery store, I was speaking loudly like a person on a soap box preaching and I am glad I am not the only one who smells the bullshit. Not that I am a flatearther, I just am highly aware of the forcefed bs they contrive.

Reese

« Reply #3702 on: September 02, 2019, 04:23:09 AM »
Looking into the whole toxic fema trailer deal really adds fuel to that fire

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3703 on: September 02, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Saw them at a store counter, thought of Half Baked and got one.

It's exactly like you said; butter enveloped in completely flavorless white taffy.

Considering the decadent nature of the food culture in the US, why are americans so bad at making good candy?

something to do with corn syrup and the content of our milk chocolate
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #3704 on: September 04, 2019, 03:25:29 AM »
I live in a place that freezes and gets covered in snow. If the snow is deep enough on the streets, is it possible to cross country ski down the road? I assume this is not possible, as I have not seen anybody do it. But then I start thinking how hilarious it would be to ski to the store during a snowstorm. I’m curious enough that I want to go down to Granola Mountain Emporium and ask Bodhisatta if urban cross country skiing is a thing.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3705 on: September 04, 2019, 03:35:41 AM »
I live in a place that freezes and gets covered in snow. If the snow is deep enough on the streets, is it possible to cross country ski down the road? I assume this is not possible, as I have not seen anybody do it. But then I start thinking how hilarious it would be to ski to the store during a snowstorm. I’m curious enough that I want to go down to Granola Mountain Emporium and ask Bodhisatta if urban cross country skiing is a thing.

I saw this genius girl a few weeks back riding her horse in the grass on the side of the highway to grab a pizza instead of waiting in the stand still traffic in her car.

I think your idea is brilliant. Bypass driving or walking in the snow and glide your ass to the liquor store.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #3706 on: September 04, 2019, 07:53:05 AM »

I cross country ski around my neighborhood during the winter and people will do it in the bike lanes around town. Go for it!

Irvine-Sucks.com

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3707 on: September 04, 2019, 09:41:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I cross country ski around my neighborhood during the winter and people will do it in the bike lanes around town. Go for it!

It’s pretty common where I live. People will just cross-country around a relatively flat park for exercise.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3708 on: September 04, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s pretty common where I live. People will just cross-country around a relatively flat park for exercise.

hell yeah man go for it! there snot a considerable amount of snow in scotland but one year it dumped it down real hard and I lived in a hilly town. rosde my snowboard home from school every day that week. it was fun

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3709 on: September 04, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
I've been meaning to try a Zagnut bar for like 20 years cause of Beetlejuice

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3710 on: September 04, 2019, 10:02:26 PM »
  That most people dont skate for 35 years straight without a break. Probably rare.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3711 on: September 05, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
I've been thinking about breaking up with the chick I've been dating for the past 2 months.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #3712 on: September 06, 2019, 12:48:06 AM »
I've been thinking that I've been more into about fits and editing than the actual skateboarding in the past ten years or so..

In this post post modern world (I hate that term but it fits) everything has been done. So I can focus on other things rather than who did what on what.. 

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #3713 on: September 06, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »
Designing a new "cool" skate helmet. Something not as cumbersome as the current models out there. It might not be as protective; but it will be better than nothing. Growing up, my dad was really into bike racing. We'd go to his races and watch the tour de france on tv. I remember he had different helmets. One was like a spider web with leather wrapped foam. I'm picturing something like that. Lightweight and breathable. Maybe it could even be hidden within a beanie. Or a hoodie.
Last week, I had to attend the funeral of a good friend. He passed away after falling and hitting his head skating at the local park. 5 years ago, the same thing happened to another friend.
Maybe it's time we all start pulling an AA and protect our noggins.
Of course, after designing this, I'll need to find someone cool to endorse it, if its ever to catch on.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3714 on: September 07, 2019, 06:53:05 AM »
Designing a new "cool" skate helmet. Something not as cumbersome as the current models out there. It might not be as protective; but it will be better than nothing. Growing up, my dad was really into bike racing. We'd go to his races and watch the tour de france on tv. I remember he had different helmets. One was like a spider web with leather wrapped foam. I'm picturing something like that. Lightweight and breathable. Maybe it could even be hidden within a beanie. Or a hoodie.
Last week, I had to attend the funeral of a good friend. He passed away after falling and hitting his head skating at the local park. 5 years ago, the same thing happened to another friend.
Maybe it's time we all start pulling an AA and protect our noggins.
Of course, after designing this, I'll need to find someone cool to endorse it, if its ever to catch on.

genuine good luck to you man.

I cant see any form of helmet catchin gany real traction with street skaters. there are obvious benefits to it and i wish they were less 'lame' BUT that being said, if you told 17 year old me to stick a helmet on before heading to the local 5 star I cant imagine the response being positive...

ever sen that body armour stuff snowboarders wear? its fairly thin, I wonder if putting something like that in a beanie would be some kind of happy middle ground?

Reese

« Reply #3715 on: September 07, 2019, 09:12:08 AM »
Is anyone making the salute connection with the Indy ad up top?..

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3716 on: September 07, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
all i see is a venture add

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3717 on: September 07, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
should I restart my Netflix subscription? do they have a lot of good stuff on there lately?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3718 on: September 07, 2019, 03:55:23 PM »
should I restart my Netflix subscription? do they have a lot of good stuff on there lately?
how long have you been without it ? glow & patriot act are good . i would personally choose hbo cause i really enjoy righteous gemstones.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3719 on: September 07, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
all i see is a venture add

same for me.

Also I'm in the netflix boat too on wondering if its worth getting it again