Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584781 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5940 on: March 02, 2023, 06:51:39 AM »
If the earth was flat indeed, would there be gravity that would keep us from falling off?

Fyi: I dm'd Kyrie like a man but he hasn't replied yet

Pretty sure flat earthers deny absolutely everything about basic understanding of reality as we know it and the flat earth is the last straw. Nasa isn't real, the moon isn't what you think, the sun isn't what you think, science is entirely a lie, etc etc there's a million insane things before you get to flat earth and then you realize it's just a mindstate towards society rather than a logical belief. That's my brother anyway

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #5941 on: March 02, 2023, 07:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote
If the earth was flat indeed, would there be gravity that would keep us from falling off?

[close]

Pretty sure flat earthers deny absolutely everything about basic understanding of reality as we know it and the flat earth is the last straw. Nasa isn't real, the moon isn't what you think, the sun isn't what you think, science is entirely a lie, etc etc there's a million insane things before you get to flat earth and then you realize it's just a mindstate towards society rather than a logical belief. That's my brother anyway
You don't need gravity to stand on a flat surface. You would only need it to stand on the side of a sphere.
I feel like flat earthers is a bit like when you got to senior high school you didn't have to do maths anymore if you didn't want to so all the dummies just opted out. Fuck science we don't need it it just makes things too difficult etc

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #5942 on: March 02, 2023, 07:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You don't need gravity to stand on a flat surface. You would only need it to stand on the side of a sphere.
I feel like flat earthers is a bit like when you got to senior high school you didn't have to do maths anymore if you didn't want to so all the dummies just opted out. Fuck science we don't need it it just makes things too difficult etc

I am not the brightest bulb in the physics department but I think that gravity is needed to stand on a flat surface. In space where there is 0 gravity i suppose one cant stand on a flat surface (imagine bringing your skateboard and trying to stand on it). Maybe I didnt phrase my question well enough but I was imagining a flat earth surrounded by space/a sphere.. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #5943 on: March 02, 2023, 08:05:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I am not the brightest bulb in the physics department but I think that gravity is needed to stand on a flat surface. In space where there is 0 gravity i suppose one cant stand on a flat surface (imagine bringing your skateboard and trying to stand on it). Maybe I didnt phrase my question well enough but I was imagining a flat earth surrounded by space/a sphere..
I was speaking in character as a stupid person.(but I didn't make it clear so I am a stupid person)

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5944 on: March 02, 2023, 08:41:11 AM »
I also pondered why I am so heavily watched that if I even go to pick up mail the police target me and sus me out.
Have you gotten blotter or anything of that sort delivered? I assume you live in a smaller city where cops don’t have much to do, and you give off the appearance of someone selling stuff. It used to be an issue for me a decade ago, but it stopped after I stopped wearing anything tie-die or anything vibrant, and switched to neutral colors.

Quotas are a real thing and graffiti/drugs is usually what they target skateboarders for because those have harsher sentencing.

Do conservatives hate Ventures because they think that they’re, “woke?”

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5945 on: March 02, 2023, 09:37:49 AM »
I got a camera given to me.

I'm thinking about starting that YouTube channel.

What else do I need besides the camera and the computer? .... And all my costumes?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #5946 on: March 02, 2023, 09:45:59 AM »

What else do I need besides the camera and the computer? .... And all my costumes?

A speech coach? You have to master that annoying rhythm, meter, tone and inflection of the YTber....

lilboosie

« Reply #5947 on: March 02, 2023, 11:18:02 AM »
I want to bleach my hair. I am going through some changes I’m not stocked on currently and I thought cutting my hair would help. It did but I want something really different. Everyone is against it though.

And a girl I’m talking to is against it. She said to wait till i meet her family. I’m kind of close to saying fuck it and so I feel different. I don’t get it though because she likes bts. Don’t some of them have it bleached ? Fuck it I’m gonna just do a taxi driver cut

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5948 on: March 02, 2023, 11:41:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A speech coach? You have to master that annoying rhythm, meter, tone and inflection of the YTber....

I might just do it all in pig Latin tho
(A)pl(E)

lilboosie

« Reply #5949 on: March 02, 2023, 12:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I might just do it all in pig Latin tho

Use the txt to speech from the male here.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5950 on: March 02, 2023, 04:57:58 PM »
I ponder why I get some much hate for expressing myself fully online. I live happy within myself knowing that I am favoured and that my table is being set infront of my enemies.

I also pondered why I am so heavily watched that if I even go to pick up mail the police target me and sus me out.

Thanks for taking the time to follow my nonsense, may good things happen for you.

Who is after you?  Is the harassment online connected to the cops following you?

Are we talking helicopters following Henry Hill while his nephew is at home stirring the sauce?  Who’s stirring your sauce?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5951 on: March 07, 2023, 03:05:58 PM »
Are there any Jeep drivers that don’t drive like jackasses? Every problem I have with drivers lately tend to be Jeeps with frat/sorority stickers.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5952 on: March 07, 2023, 03:16:02 PM »
Who is DJ at Tampa this year?
(A)pl(E)

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #5953 on: March 07, 2023, 08:30:55 PM »
At what point does something become universal?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5954 on: March 08, 2023, 06:09:36 PM »
I bet when fish get caught and released, it feels exactly how an alien abduction must feel like.

The fish is minding its own business, then suddenly gets snared by some crazy contraption.  Next thing it knows, it’s in some bizarre floating machine where a group of strange creatures fuck around with it for seemingly no reason for like 5 minutes then get plopped back in the water with no explanation as to what just happened.

I wonder how long it takes for them to get over it.  15 seconds?  An hour?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

mikeyshorts

• Rep: -15
« Reply #5955 on: March 08, 2023, 06:49:07 PM »
i wonder if you pay a lot of money to walk with greg carroll if its life changing. he charges a pretty penny, is he flattering? what's the brick rub? does anyone walk away not feeling ripped off? is he still even doing it?
would make a jenkem article "i walked with greg carroll for a couple hundred bucks. as an empath, he felt my pain"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5956 on: March 09, 2023, 11:24:08 PM »

but it’s schizophrenic for someone to think that a law enforcement agency is monitoring them?
This would be paranoia.

It’s a religious experience if someone thinks that angels or demons are talking to them,
Schizophrenia would be when you hear voices in your head, or see visions that don't really exist. I think most people having a "religious experience" though, are just making shit up.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5957 on: March 16, 2023, 12:10:26 PM »
^
Thanks for the clarity.

What percentage of people who buy carpenter pants actually use that loop?

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #5958 on: March 16, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »
^
Thanks for the clarity.

What percentage of people who buy carpenter pants actually use that loop?

I’m a carpenter & use it regularly- to grab on drawer pulls and shit and trip myself. Every once in a great while I’ll throw a hammer or something in there.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5959 on: March 17, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »
I wish humanoid robots capable of taking low skill jobs was more of a thing by now. But also that they got paid their own money and lived like us to some extent so I could get one as a roommate and get a nicer apartment where they're paying half but I at least don't need a human as a roommate that way

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #5960 on: March 23, 2023, 02:49:04 PM »
Been super unhappy with my job recently and i have a lot of beef with how management operates. My cousin is vegan and posted this thing on IG recently that humanely killed meat is some yuppie bullshit. That got me thinking- management has these hidden agendas, purposely keeps me in the dark on things, tests me and then tells me later- it all feels disrespectful and slimy af. Yet, despite all that, my coworkers give them endless praise for shit like incorporating dei talking points into the companys mission statement and seems to hold the company in some higher regard because it’s a liberal environmental industry

So all this shit  the company does to be “better” is some yuppie bullshit because at the end of the day it’s still slaughtering animals. Idk if that makes any sense at all.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5961 on: April 02, 2023, 06:25:18 AM »
What are the rules on examining super old books at libraries?  Like the ones you need to be wearing special white gloves to keep from damaging it.  Can anyone with a library card just come in and schedule a time to flip through some precious 16th century manuscript?  Or do you have to show some sort of credentials?

And what if the person is super clumsy and prone to accidentally ripping pages?  Will some head librarian have to step in and stop the proceedings for the good of the book?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5962 on: April 09, 2023, 10:05:39 AM »
Easter is the Superbowl for hardboiled egg consumption
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #5963 on: April 09, 2023, 11:22:04 AM »
Even though the Judge in Blood Meridian is an 'evil' character, was Cormac McCarthy expressing his own views on war and violence through the Judge's words? Or was he implying that these are views that evil people hold? I'm using evil for lack of a better word here.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5964 on: April 09, 2023, 01:34:01 PM »
^Im glad you’re still reading.

Can we prove that anyone has ever had any ill effects from eating food that fell onto the floor?

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5965 on: April 13, 2023, 06:42:06 PM »
Been super unhappy with my job recently and i have a lot of beef with how management operates. My cousin is vegan and posted this thing on IG recently that humanely killed meat is some yuppie bullshit. That got me thinking- management has these hidden agendas, purposely keeps me in the dark on things, tests me and then tells me later- it all feels disrespectful and slimy af. Yet, despite all that, my coworkers give them endless praise for shit like incorporating dei talking points into the companys mission statement and seems to hold the company in some higher regard because it’s a liberal environmental industry

So all this shit  the company does to be “better” is some yuppie bullshit because at the end of the day it’s still slaughtering animals. Idk if that makes any sense at all.

Sorry man, hope you can find something new soon.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #5966 on: April 14, 2023, 06:07:08 AM »
Is the impatience, judgement, and resentment I feel towards strangers in my everyday life just a reflection of the things I dislike about myself and what should I get for lunch today.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5967 on: April 17, 2023, 09:05:41 PM »
Bloard Bland would actually be a cool brand if it was painted the right way. Maybe knock the Blind logo. It would be at least a cool T-shirt
(A)pl(E)

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5968 on: April 18, 2023, 05:34:59 AM »
The absurd tendencies of human life. I've been pondering about the philosophical suicide but I think I'm in too deep to do it. For someone who's always tried to make sense of the surroundings I have come to realize how unimportant it is. Been my happiest self in a long while. Yet this concept keeps me grounded in existentialism. To go on with the plan or should I just be in content like Camus' Sisyphus. Do I even have choice?

live, laugh, love

« Reply #5969 on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:47 PM »
I know I'm showing my age here, but I always felt like the producers of Family Double Dare set the Mom up purposely to fail on the last obstacle. And I always wondered how shitty her kids would act on the drive home to her for not finding the final flag in the kiddy pool filled with green oatmeal.