Author Topic: slappy/curb discussion thread  (Read 91120 times)

Dawatermelongoblin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: slappy/curb discussion thread
« Reply #1320 on: May 17, 2024, 09:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ever just straight up forget how to do a trick? I’ve completely forgotten how to do front slappies. Idk what happened. Had them consistently without even thinking and out of nowhere they just stopped working and I’m not sure why. I feel maybe I did a couple bad ones and the habit stuck now I’m in my head. Way too satisfying of a trick for me to not want it back. Any tips? I’ve watched vids of me doing them and I feel like I’m doing all the same shit but now it’s not working.
[close]
I haven’t forgotten it, but every now and then I get in my head about those. It happens with tricks that are technically easy but require a lot of confidence.

Last time it happened I got myself a bigger setup with big (58s) wheels. That made them super easy and once I got my confidence back I could do them on any setup again.

I think it happened when I went through some gear changes recently, so I may be having a hard time adjusting. I can still do them, but the consistency has drastically gone down. I might do the same and toss some bigger wheels on until I get my confidence back.

Dawatermelongoblin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #1321 on: May 17, 2024, 09:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Front slappy isn’t something that just goes away….
[close]

The front slappy has simply… Gone away.
[close]

Go faster, weight on your heels, you gots!

🫡🫡🫡🫡

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1022
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1322 on: May 20, 2024, 01:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Front slappy isn’t something that just goes away….
[close]

The front slappy has simply… Gone away.
[close]

Go faster, weight on your heels, you gots!
[close]

And dip/drop your lead shoulder as you are about to hit the curb as it automagically shifts your weight how you need it to (like looking face down at your lead foot when doing crooks).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 01:36:28 PM by Xen »