Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799935 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7020 on: September 28, 2023, 10:03:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just had to order the Reynolds NB# 480's from a shop in the UK, can anyone tell me how they fit?  I've heard people say that they fit a little big, so I ordered a 1/2 size down...but here on this thread I'm seeing people saying that some NB# are snug or smaller than sized...(the 808's specifically)
Anyone know how these 480's are gonna fit?
[close]

In my experience the 480s have been a little big, but only width-wise. I normally just get my normal NB size although in the 480s I feel like a half size down wouldn't be bad! Probably just gonna fit a little snug at the toes if you've got hands for feet like myself.
[close]

Cool, since I ordered from the UK, the sizing was not what I'm used to seeing and I've seen charts saying that UK vs US is anywhere from 1 to 1/2 size different from each other - so I had to do way too much math when ordering these and now I'm a bit stressed on if they're gonna fit... I'm sure I could sell them pretty quickly if they don't fit well, but damn I've been drooling over these shoes for so long now it would kill me to have to part with them.
I'll post how they fit / feel when they arrive - If anyone is interested I may have a pair of US size 10(ish) (ordered as UK9) Reynolds 480's for sale in a few days...but hoping not.  I'm not a reseller and I would only charge what I paid. ($123)
I'm a size 10 in most shoes, including the 440 and 1010, and I went TTS and got a 10 in my Reynolds 480. They fit me perfectly so hopefully that's the case for you too. If not I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble selling them. I'd even be slightly interested in buying them off you lol

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7021 on: September 28, 2023, 10:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
how's the fit on the 213 pro court? i don't know if they still make that model but i found an older pair for cheap and i like the look, should i go tts with them?
[close]
Half size down. I wear 10 in 1010, 10.5 in 808s and I wear a 10 in 213

212 and 213 both run 0.5 small so go half down from your normal "TTS" size. NB sizing is all over the place tbh, but this one is definitely one that needs 0.5 down.

@Scarecrow Radio wouldn't 0.5 down for you be 9.5 and not 10 since you went 0.5 up in your 808s? Or did you go 0.5 down in 1010 as well? Most people have gone 0.5 up in the 808 so that's why I'm asking
Super Champion Fun Zone

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7022 on: September 28, 2023, 10:08:18 AM »
Hopefully they up the production of the 480s. They’re basically sold out everywhere (outside of small sizes). Limited sneakers stress me out. Gotta keep an eye on release dates and grab them immediately 😭

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7023 on: September 28, 2023, 10:42:42 AM »
Cool to see Reynolds getting treated right at NB

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #7024 on: September 28, 2023, 10:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how's the fit on the 213 pro court? i don't know if they still make that model but i found an older pair for cheap and i like the look, should i go tts with them?
[close]
Half size down. I wear 10 in 1010, 10.5 in 808s and I wear a 10 in 213
[close]

212 and 213 both run 0.5 small so go half down from your normal "TTS" size. NB sizing is all over the place tbh, but this one is definitely one that needs 0.5 down.

@Scarecrow Radio wouldn't 0.5 down for you be 9.5 and not 10 since you went 0.5 up in your 808s? Or did you go 0.5 down in 1010 as well? Most people have gone 0.5 up in the 808 so that's why I'm asking
I would say my true size is 10.5. I wear 10.5 in Dunks, Blazers and Busenitz. My 1010s fit real snug and I like that

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #7025 on: September 28, 2023, 11:47:32 PM »

It's truly wild to see a skater have a locker next to a two time finals MVP. Yeah, I know it's just corporate HQ decor, but still. Andrew's jumper needs some serious work though.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7026 on: September 29, 2023, 12:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's truly wild to see a skater have a locker next to a two time finals MVP. Yeah, I know it's just corporate HQ decor, but still. Andrew's jumper needs some serious work though.
Already been said but I love that the Boss is getting the respect he deserves. On a plus note I got heavy Czech vibes with the sock + sandals combo. Love it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7027 on: September 29, 2023, 08:33:01 AM »
Hopefully they up the production of the 480s. They’re basically sold out everywhere (outside of small sizes). Limited sneakers stress me out. Gotta keep an eye on release dates and grab them immediately 😭

I know, even the Blue 480's are hard to find in many sizes -  I didn't rush out on drop day to get a pair thinking that it's not like a dunk or whatever but boy was I wrong when I looked online a week after they dropped.  I think at this point dunks are easier to get (general release dunks anyway).  I'm staying on my 480 game from now on!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #7028 on: September 29, 2023, 09:54:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm already waiting for the Black/White 480s. Has it been announced if new pairs will drop monthly?
[close]
Not technically announced but yes, you can expect a monthly drop of the 480's for the next few months.  You guys already got the sneak preview from the colorway card that we put out, sounds like the black/white white/black pack will be well received.
[close]

Roth, what is the long term plan for the 480? Should we expect more colors after this run? And will those runs have more availability? Or are we destined to head down the dunk route with the 480?

I asked a few days ago, maybe @rothdigga missed it.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Out_of_Step

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7029 on: September 29, 2023, 09:57:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No arc on that shot at all!!

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7030 on: September 29, 2023, 10:36:10 AM »
480's TTS?  I know it's probably been answered but I found a pair of the Boss 480s in my size and I need to pull the trigger in a sec before heading out of town for the weekend if I"m gonna do it.

Also 2 pair of gently used 808's for 100 shipped if anyone is interested ...

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7031 on: September 29, 2023, 10:43:31 AM »
480's TTS?  I know it's probably been answered but I found a pair of the Boss 480s in my size and I need to pull the trigger in a sec before heading out of town for the weekend if I"m gonna do it.

I got my usual size 10 and they fit fine, maybe a LITTLE roomier than the 440 in size 10 though.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7032 on: September 29, 2023, 10:46:06 AM »
Thanks @E I'll order an 8.5 then.  If anyone is looking for the Reynold's 480 in a 9 let me know, I found a shop that has a pair currently.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7033 on: September 29, 2023, 11:26:19 AM »

What size?

rothdigga

• Rep: 587
« Reply #7034 on: September 29, 2023, 03:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm already waiting for the Black/White 480s. Has it been announced if new pairs will drop monthly?
[close]
Not technically announced but yes, you can expect a monthly drop of the 480's for the next few months.  You guys already got the sneak preview from the colorway card that we put out, sounds like the black/white white/black pack will be well received.
[close]

Roth, what is the long term plan for the 480? Should we expect more colors after this run? And will those runs have more availability? Or are we destined to head down the dunk route with the 480?
[close]

We've got quite a few colors on the way (monthly drops), but my initial runs of them were low just because I was hesitant on putting too much inventory out there so the first few runs...you might have to hustle to find some colorways that come out.  You always HOPE something will hit like you expect but it's best to not bank on it and then sit on inventory if it doesn't.  Lucky for us these seem to be going how we wished they would so they may be hard to find in certain colors for a while.  Hope that clears it up for you guys.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7035 on: September 29, 2023, 03:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I would say it's going to be a mix of colorways that are going to sell out quickly, and then some pairs we'll have more of a general release approach with more pairs in the market. My advice, especially after Andrews color way flew, would be to snag them if/when you see them. We want to tell cool stories thru the lens of 480, but we also want them to be a shoe y'all can get and skate in. We know how frustrating it can be to find a shoe you like to skate in and then have to deal with not being able to find them when it's time for a new pair. Trying to avoid that being the case as much as we can.
Get litty.....

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7036 on: September 29, 2023, 03:29:08 PM »
They've been good about announcing the release dates. Lots of shops dropped the Reynolds at midnight. That's when I ordered mine. If you watch out you'll be able to easily snag a pair. Just gotta be decisive and grab 'em ASAP (no pussyfooting). Follow random, regional skate shops with online stores. They're not gonna vanish in a few minutes.

My only worry is I've moved to a size 14. And only a couple of places carry that size. Although I'm still wearing these 13s, so worse comes to worse, I can rock the smaller size. They break in nicely. In truth, I probably need a 13.5. Which no one makes lol

rothdigga

• Rep: 587
« Reply #7037 on: September 29, 2023, 03:51:20 PM »
They've been good about announcing the release dates. Lots of shops dropped the Reynolds at midnight. That's when I ordered mine. If you watch out you'll be able to easily snag a pair. Just gotta be decisive and grab 'em ASAP (no pussyfooting). Follow random, regional skate shops with online stores. They're not gonna vanish in a few minutes.

My only worry is I've moved to a size 14. And only a couple of places carry that size. Although I'm still wearing these 13s, so worse comes to worse, I can rock the smaller size. They break in nicely. In truth, I probably need a 13.5. Which no one makes lol

I also started ordering more large sizes of the 480's but that won't kick in until the future seasons in April/May.  Seeing most stores had 6's and 7's only left and the 13's and 14's went quick, I bulked up on some of the sizes from 11+ after that first initial drop.  Trying to take care and be reactive on this as well. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7038 on: September 29, 2023, 03:58:37 PM »
Any firmer date on the Knoxs?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7039 on: September 29, 2023, 04:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I also started ordering more large sizes of the 480's but that won't kick in until the future seasons in April/May.  Seeing most stores had 6's and 7's only left and the 13's and 14's went quick, I bulked up on some of the sizes from 11+ after that first initial drop.  Trying to take care and be reactive on this as well.
Great to hear! I have three new pairs that should last me until then (won't be skating much this winter). I'll still grab the other pairs if I can get them though. The Black/White colorways are lovely  :D

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #7040 on: September 29, 2023, 06:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

where you seeing these 7's? i gotta get another pair!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7041 on: September 29, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
here’s some: https://kineticskateboarding.com/products/new-balance-numeric-480-brown-brown

https://kineticskateboarding.com/products/new-balance-numeric-480-rust?_pos=1&_sid=dc3aad46c&_ss=r

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7042 on: September 29, 2023, 06:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

there are mens 7s on the nb site for the reynolds colorway. haven't seen anything lower than 8 still around in skateshops of any pair of the nb# 480s but i'm not searching very hard for obvious reasons

edit: @OhioGuy is shaping up to be the world's #1 nb480 fan

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7043 on: September 29, 2023, 06:21:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

there are mens 7s on the nb site for the reynolds colorway. haven't seen anything lower than 8 still around in skateshops of any pair of the nb# 480s but i'm not searching very hard for obvious reasons

edit: @OhioGuy is shaping up to be the world's #1 nb480 fan
Haha, thanks! Kinetic has a few sizes in the Orange/Brown colorway. Good place to buy ‘em from.

Cowtown also has the Reynolds in 7: https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=10&PID=69809&SKU=190883&LinkID=1&srsltid=AfmBOoouozAnew0JG8NMMXdKindzE7qoqb9y6isIginPYCMhhCFs6RAGMIk
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 06:40:47 PM by OhioGuy »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7044 on: September 29, 2023, 08:07:34 PM »
Thanks @rothdigga appreciate the big foot love. Heard some shops allocation was preset at sizes 8-12 and I didn’t even see 13 in some cases (happened at my local) so had to order online

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7045 on: September 29, 2023, 09:40:02 PM »
If anyone is looking for a size 11 of the NB# 480 in the Reynolds colorway, looks like this shop has a pair.

https://deliskatesupply.com/products/new-balance-numeric-480-andrew-reynolds-brown?variant=43990772351225

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #7046 on: September 29, 2023, 10:11:36 PM »
Rubber toecap 808s out on Tactics now. Might be the best colorway of them yet.

https://www.tactics.com/new-balance/numeric-808-tiago-lemos-skate-shoes/black-gum

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7047 on: September 29, 2023, 11:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7048 on: September 30, 2023, 04:29:47 AM »

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?

When do the next c/w come out?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7049 on: September 30, 2023, 04:34:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?
[close]

When do the next c/w come out?
Going by the previous releases, probably in the middle of October. So I’d imagine anywhere between the 15-31st. They did say there’d be monthly drops.