Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799926 times)

Underpressureflips and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wax poetic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8070 on: December 15, 2023, 06:59:43 AM »
I was fucking around earlier and combined a New Balance trail shoe with the Adidas Silas 1 (I couldn't get it to rotate and put mesh behind the N or close that little gap in the ollie area but not bad for an hour of fucking around) ...

Crossed these two for reference ...

Silas Pro
https://sneakernews.com/2010/10/14/adidas-skate-silas-grey-aqua-jason-voorhees/

Hierro v7
https://runrepeat.com/new-balance-fresh-foam-hierro-v-7

I'd fuck with it, especially taking my 4Runner off road or camping ... close that ollie area spot so the two panels just have a slit between them (and maybe carry that little rubber bead down between them) and put mesh behind the N and I'd probably skate it too

I just pulled out an old pair of 420's ... this almost looks like it could be a 420 v2 premium @rothdigga if you guys want to use it please send me a pair  8)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #8071 on: December 15, 2023, 09:31:48 AM »

Nop

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #8072 on: December 15, 2023, 11:23:16 AM »
Those are cool but they’re also essentially the same colorway as those Emerica KSL G6 shake junt collabs lol

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #8073 on: December 15, 2023, 01:53:24 PM »

Nop

I appreciate that they tried to do something unique with the toe stitching, I just don't like it

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #8074 on: December 16, 2023, 01:31:40 PM »
2 questions ... 600 sizing compared to 480's (currently in my TTS 8.5 in 480's and the fit is good)?  Second ... did I miss all the Christmas deals or can someone point me to a place with the smurfs with a Christmas discount right now?  A wife and 3 kids puts daddy's not really needed shoes on the back burner unless I find a deal I can justify haha.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #8075 on: December 16, 2023, 01:57:32 PM »
2 questions ... 600 sizing compared to 480's (currently in my TTS 8.5 in 480's and the fit is good)?  Second ... did I miss all the Christmas deals or can someone point me to a place with the smurfs with a Christmas discount right now?  A wife and 3 kids puts daddy's not really needed shoes on the back burner unless I find a deal I can justify haha.
You did not. Deals sucked this year, and most places didn’t discount 480s or 600s. Seems like only the old models get discounts (probably to get rid of old stock).

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #8076 on: December 16, 2023, 02:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You did not. Deals sucked this year, and most places didn’t discount 480s or 600s. Seems like only the old models get discounts (probably to get rid of old stock).

In general there was no good deals this year. Corporate greed is at an all time high. Best deal in general this year I saw was the stand mixer I wanted being $200 off. But outside of that pretty trash for anything . Even the mystery board boxes went up in price and have less stuff now despite inflation being back to 2019 levels and the fed holding rates and talking about lowering them in 2024. The world we knew is over.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #8077 on: December 16, 2023, 02:56:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

In general there was no good deals this year. Corporate greed is at an all time high. Best deal in general this year I saw was the stand mixer I wanted being $200 off. But outside of that pretty trash for anything . Even the mystery board boxes went up in price and have less stuff now despite inflation being back to 2019 levels and the fed holding rates and talking about lowering them in 2024. The world we knew is over.
You can get the 600s in one of the two launch colorways for 40% off on Concepts right now. Saw some other shops running sales on the 600s and 480s too during black friday. The newer colorways of the 600s have barely been popping up in shops yet but I'm sure places will be running sales on them within a month.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8078 on: December 17, 2023, 12:27:27 AM »
To answer your first question: Sizing is the same.on both 600 and 480 in my experience.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

herecomesaregular

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8079 on: December 17, 2023, 08:38:31 AM »
I forget if this was discussed already,  but are the vegan 440s going to continue, either in the v1 or v2?

Very much need the black vegan 440s to keep existing. And if they were updated to be blackout instead of having the white details I would buy 10+ pairs…
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 10:53:32 AM by herecomesaregular »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8080 on: December 17, 2023, 04:26:04 PM »
I forget if this was discussed already,  but are the vegan 440s going to continue, either in the v1 or v2?

Very much need the black vegan 400s to keep existing. And if they were updated to be blackout instead of having the white details I would buy 10+ pairs…
Not sure about the v1s but rothdigga did say that there will be a vegan v2 in 2024

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8081 on: December 18, 2023, 05:37:09 AM »
Just got the 480 highs and they’re everything I missed about skating dunk HI’s, without the scarcity.

I wouldn’t mind just sticking to them.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #8082 on: December 18, 2023, 11:36:25 AM »
Just got the 480 highs and they’re everything I missed about skating dunk HI’s, without the scarcity.

I wouldn’t mind just sticking to them.

Same. I actually prefer them to the dunks because of the support.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #8083 on: December 18, 2023, 12:37:14 PM »
Just got some 480s after hearing mixed reviews about them. I think Tiagos still fit my foot a bit better. 480s feel stiffer in the forefoot and seem like a little more effort to flex, but a less bulkier upper. But they're good and feel like they'll definitely skate great as long as they break in a bit.

The one thing I really don't like about them is the insole though. If you already have a stiff, dense, full length midsole, they why would you add a really stiff, dense insole too? Just makes you feel even less connected to the board, and I'm not even a  boardfeel guy by any means, only really skate tiagos, and dunks/Js if I swap out the insole for super feet. If it was even a tad thicker but less dense, more pliable, it would have probably felt better. There's also no heel cup or any support on the sides of the foot especially the arch which is noticeable. Plus those weird ridges in the insole felt a bit annoying.

Put in the stock insoles from some 1010s and it immediately made the shoe feel a lot better. Foot felt closer to the ground, more stable. Have some arch support and heel cup too. Since there's already a full length midsole I'm willing to sacrifice that teeny bit of extra cushion from the dense insole. Maybe will feel better to put them back in once the shoe is well broken in? But for now the 1010 insole makes the 480 feel significantly better.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8084 on: December 19, 2023, 08:12:41 AM »
really jealous on you guys with the 480 highs.
might have not liked it at first but it grew on me.

is there any word on when they will be available in europe?

rothdigga

• Rep: 587
« Reply #8085 on: December 19, 2023, 09:21:16 AM »
really jealous on you guys with the 480 highs.
might have not liked it at first but it grew on me.

is there any word on when they will be available in europe?
My guess is the next batch of 480 highs we have for Europe will be late Spring/Early Summer. 

pops

• Rep: 255
« Reply #8086 on: December 19, 2023, 09:31:57 AM »
808s arrived today. Sizing up 0.5 was the right choice. Love the quality and fit in these. Definitely sturdy shoes but not too bad, actually really like them. People say these are super heavy but not in my opinion. Now I have to stack some of these, haha.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8087 on: December 19, 2023, 11:23:48 AM »
Anyone know when shops will be getting the WKND collab?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #8088 on: December 19, 2023, 12:03:00 PM »

I know the next Knox’s have a 1/1 release date, so maybe then

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #8089 on: December 19, 2023, 01:20:27 PM »
Not a skateshop, but they're available on the NB site now
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-272/NM272V1-43273.html?dwvar_NM272V1-43273_style=NM272WKD

rothdigga

« Reply #8090 on: December 19, 2023, 01:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know the next Knox’s have a 1/1 release date, so maybe then
We had a very small amount of them available so only a few shops got them.  Here's the entire list....
303 CIFX LLC
BLX SKATESHOP
CB SURF SHOP INC
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
Focus Boardshop
EASTERN BOARDER
KINETIC SKATEBOARDING
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
ORCHARD SKATEBOARDING
PLUSH
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
SECOND REVOLUTION
Market Skateshop
3rd Lair

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8091 on: December 19, 2023, 02:45:22 PM »
Sorry to keep harping on about the upcoming wide models, but do they have a solid release date/will they be even be available on the Canadian NB site or US only?

rothdigga

« Reply #8092 on: December 19, 2023, 03:47:48 PM »
Sorry to keep harping on about the upcoming wide models, but do they have a solid release date/will they be even be available on the Canadian NB site or US only?
We have the NM272GGB and NM574VGW hitting in Jan in 2E.  The NM440SSN will also be in 2E but won't hit until closer to the Feb 1 launch date for the 440 V2 marketing push.
I know we booked them for the NB.com US site but Canada didn't buy into 2E.  But there were some retailers up North that got them it looks like.  I can hit you with a PM of the retailers in Canada that I see getting them. 

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8093 on: December 19, 2023, 05:55:01 PM »
Thanks! @rothdigga , just sent you a pm.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #8094 on: December 20, 2023, 11:07:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck it. Decided to grab some 480 Highs. The little notch on the back makes me think they’ll be more comfortable than normal high tops.

My only hope is that NB# starts using softer leather for some shoes. The quality of the 480 BOS are better than the standard leather ones.
[close]

I'm skating the 480 high right now and that cutout is such a nice feature. Makes getting the shoes off and on super easy plus a little less restrictive. Really genius design choice honestly.
Rad to hear! It’s exactly why we changed it for ours compared to the Lifestyle 480 high. I’m convinced cupsole hightop skate shoes aren’t more popular because they’re a dick ache put on and take off. So we fixed it😉🤷🏻‍♂️
Get litty.....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8095 on: December 21, 2023, 12:10:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck it. Decided to grab some 480 Highs. The little notch on the back makes me think they’ll be more comfortable than normal high tops.

My only hope is that NB# starts using softer leather for some shoes. The quality of the 480 BOS are better than the standard leather ones.
[close]

I'm skating the 480 high right now and that cutout is such a nice feature. Makes getting the shoes off and on super easy plus a little less restrictive. Really genius design choice honestly.
[close]
Rad to hear! It’s exactly why we changed it for ours compared to the Lifestyle 480 high. I’m convinced cupsole hightop skate shoes aren’t more popular because they’re a dick ache put on and take off. So we fixed it😉🤷🏻‍♂️
Knowing this + seeing Reynolds with them... You know... Jesus...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DanRar009

• Rep: 58
« Reply #8096 on: December 21, 2023, 04:00:35 AM »
Now that the initial run of colorways have all released for the 480 what do we have to look forward to in 2024? Anybody got any info?

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #8097 on: December 21, 2023, 04:18:52 AM »
How is the sizing on the 1010 tiagos? Do they run tts? I currently have the 808 tiagos and they fit pretty snug (almost to small at first), but seem to have stretched out and fit right. I saw a pair of the 1010s for 50 bucks i want to grab but want to make sure they dont run long or anything. The 440 highs i have ran long. Any info on the 1010 length would be appreciated! Dont feel like searching all through this thread on sizing lol

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8098 on: December 21, 2023, 04:27:51 AM »
1010 TTS for me. 808 + .5
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #8099 on: December 21, 2023, 04:58:59 AM »