Poll

Should it be illegal for Bubblegum Tate to spam just like it is for anyone else?

Of course. He's the worst poster on Slap and is doing nothing but making these companies look bad
33 (26.4%)
Oh yes he should be allowed. I love to see every single thing Street Corner comes out with
38 (30.4%)
I'm indifferent
54 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: Mods please stop the Bubblegum Tate spam  (Read 6082 times)

saucy ragu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
Re: Mods please stop the Bubblegum Tate spam
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 11:49:25 PM »
I don't really dig Tate as a poster, he's kind of annoying in that he's so obvious and doesn't have much to say. But he's also pretty harmless. And comparing his approach of product, ad, and video marketing--that usually contains some good skateboarding--to Ari's shit--which usually involves no skateboarding and some wacky ass gimmick--makes Tate look pretty good. And honestly, someone else would probably post it anyway. I want to see the THINK and Venture Ads, they're usually something to ponder over. And Hubba, whatever. Ass, tits, or skateboarding, I'll take my chances.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 11:51:19 PM »
I don't really dig Tate as a poster, he's kind of annoying in that he's so obvious and doesn't have much to say. But he's also pretty harmless. And comparing his approach of product, ad, and video marketing--that usually contains some good skateboarding--to Ari's shit--which usually involves no skateboarding and some wacky ass gimmick--makes Tate look pretty good. And honestly, someone else would probably post it anyway. I want to see the THINK and Venture Ads, they're usually something to ponder over. And Hubba, whatever. Ass, tits, or skateboarding, I'll take my chances.

I keep it mellow  8)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
tate is harmless and has been here for a long time, he's pretty OG and his street corner spamming isn't  that big of a deal.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »
the only people who ever bitch about tate are always posters i have never seen before, nobodies who have never made 1 good post let alone a good topic. one of the main reasons i first got on slap was to see photos and videos like right as soon as they come out, which tate brings to us on a very very regular basis. i really cant understand why anyone would even be hating on him in the first place, he never did anything to you.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 09:15:58 AM »
nah this dude cigbeer isnt gonna be buying street corner not because of BT but because he doesn't skate.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

kevbo999

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »
There should be ONE streetcorner thread that gets bumped with new ads, and it should be in Products where it belongs. ? Fuck this shit of a new streetcorner thread every day in UWTB.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
I'm really sick of some dude who works for Street Corner Skateboards spamming the fuck out of the boards. That kook from that griptape company isn't allowed to do it so why can this idiot? Honestly the dude is doing more harm than good for the companies. I'd never buy anything from street corner simply because looking at it on my board would make me think of Bubblegum Tate and how much I hate him.

manu

• Rep: -100
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »

I'm really sick of some dude who works for Street Corner Skateboards spamming the fuck out of the boards. That kook from that griptape company isn't allowed to do it so why can this idiot? Honestly the dude is doing more harm than good for the companies. I'd never buy anything from street corner simply because looking at it on my board would make me think of Bubblegum Tate and how much I hate him.

You don't skate so there is no need for you to buy anything from street corner anyway.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Why would Slap ban a poster who spams products from Street Corner.  Let's go through a little history here.  The Vitello family was behind the formation of High Speed Production which owns Slap, Thrasher and Juxtapose.  The Vitello family was also behind the formation of Deluxe and Street Corner.  Pretty much, cutting off your own dick because your crabs want more pubis room to graze is not going to happen. 

strangefires

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 01:35:54 PM »
Why would Slap ban a poster who spams products from Street Corner.  Let's go through a little history here.  The Vitello family was behind the formation of High Speed Production which owns Slap, Thrasher and Juxtapose.  The Vitello family was also behind the formation of Deluxe and Street Corner.  Pretty much, cutting off your own dick because your crabs want more pubis room to graze is not going to happen. 

interesting

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »
Which hipster-haired she-devil has upset you this time, and motivated you to take out your misplaced frustrations with the women on poor Bubblegum Tate and his love of all things product?
hahaha, got me good

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 02:10:26 PM »
tate is legit, his statements on the board are pretty on point, i dont mind the street corner stuff thats skateboarding and if you dont like ass and tits your probably some kinda queermo
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
I think it's funny that CigBeer thinks he can complain that someone's spamming when they post skateboard ads on a skateboarding fourm while he posts threads about Briden deleting him from facebook.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
nah this dude cigbeer isnt gonna be buying street corner not because of BT but because he doesn't skate.

Just because I'm a grown man that doesn't fan out over skate product or religiously post pictures or videos of me skating does not mean I don't skate. I go through times where I don't skate very often, but most people that have skated over 15 years go through these periods. I've most likely been skating a lot longer than the people that try to pretend I don't skate at all. Me and my good friend have been skating quite frequently before all the rain moved in, and after Christmas is over I plan on doing much more skating. It's fun.

Here is an amazingly fun looking place we will be skating in the next few days

I personally think the paradox threads turn out to be much more entertaining than everyone commenting over some busted ass stripper

Also, it's a good sign that all of the really bad posters do not like me.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »

That's very interesting. "Vitello family" sounds like something from a Martin Scorsese movie.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »
I think it's funny that CigBeer thinks he can complain that someone's spamming when they post skateboard ads on a skateboarding fourm while he posts threads about Briden deleting him from facebook.

How exactly is that funny? Please do explain the comedic aspect of this for me.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2010, 03:38:34 PM »
my only input would be the suggestion that new hubba adverts are posted under whatever, and not under UWTB.

As it is never skateboarding...

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 07:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are actually explaining it right now, but you'd never know it. Let me explain it to the rest of the class...

It's funny because you are completely ignorant of what some might call hypocrisy. Like the time you called someone "self-righteous" (me) and in the very same post you went on to speak for everyone on the board. And to you, that was perfectly valid. That was so incredibly douchey that I actually commited it to memory. I chuckled every time I saw your name after that.

You see, carefully crafted comedy is awesome... but unintentional comedy is what makes life worth living. I thank you. Seriously.

Oh, and "Tate Don't Skate".

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
I like tate. fuck yall.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
Wow, so how many people on here do not skate at all? I find that shit fascinating. Not the act of skating, but rather that there are "skate fans" who know eveything about the gear but don't even skate. I had an old roommate who used to wear skate shoes but didn't skate, but this is a whole  new level.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
I think its more like people used to skate but now just lurk the boards. I dont believe there are anyone on here who has never touched a skateboard.

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
fuck that faggot and his vial
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
the only people who ever bitch about tate are always posters i have never seen before, nobodies who have never made 1 good post let alone a good topic. one of the main reasons i first got on slap was to see photos and videos like right as soon as they come out, which tate brings to us on a very very regular basis. i really cant understand why anyone would even be hating on him in the first place, he never did anything to you.
been on this craphole for almost 4 years, he's sucked the whole time.
of course its harmless, its the fucking internet, honestly the thing that bums me out is that he never really admits to working for them he just posts their bullshit, and as far as his posting its as fucking robotic as his spamming, generic ass responses 99% of the time
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:29:20 PM by NOTjimmyastelford »
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

Austin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
Surprised there hasnt been one of these threads made to ban me .
I like my trucks how i like my women, Loose.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are actually explaining it right now, but you'd never know it. Let me explain it to the rest of the class...

It's funny because you are completely ignorant of what some might call hypocrisy. Like the time you called someone "self-righteous" (me) and in the very same post you went on to speak for everyone on the board. And to you, that was perfectly valid. That was so incredibly douchey that I actually commited it to memory. I chuckled every time I saw your name after that.

You see, carefully crafted comedy is awesome... but unintentional comedy is what makes life worth living. I thank you. Seriously.

Oh, and "Tate Don't Skate".

It's amazing how much you suck at posting on a forum

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »
Billy fucking Roper hates Bubblegum Tate more than anyone I know

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Surprised there hasnt been one of these threads made to ban me .

More posts like that Jim Phillips thread you made, and less shitty ones, and there wont have to be.  ;)
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
The augment between stevedave, strangefires and stagefright had to be on of the most confusing arguments I have ever read.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst