Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 817474 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #9210 on: May 31, 2024, 07:53:03 AM »

Ive had this happened to my 808s and several 1010s... not that it matters but i thought i was the only one

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9211 on: May 31, 2024, 07:55:55 AM »
it doesn't effect my skating or the function of the shoe.. ill keep buying the 1010s as long as they make em!

[

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #9212 on: May 31, 2024, 08:53:04 AM »
Interesting little mystery.

Do you guys maybe take your shoes off by pressing one toe against the other foot holding the shoe down?

Maybe sit at a desk and that part of the shoe rubs on the chairleg

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #9213 on: May 31, 2024, 09:13:46 AM »
I'm curious too. I wore my 808 nonstop hoping they'd break in (they never did lol). But that hasn't happened to them. Maybe the black ones are different.

DakotaRed

• Rep: 25
« Reply #9214 on: May 31, 2024, 09:28:08 AM »
Once, I had this mysterious, reappearing scuff mark on the inside wall of the sole of my right shoe. After months of confusion, I finally realized it was from rubbing on the edge of my dirty brake pedal while driving. Another time, in 7th grade, I had the DC Williams in that grey/yellow cw, my first skate shoes. Had a mysterious, reappearing scuff by the outside yellow collar part. After months of confusion, I realized it was from sitting crisscross applesauce on the dirty ass gym floor in P.E. class. Shoe Mysteries.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9215 on: May 31, 2024, 09:49:18 AM »
damn it! im gonna go crazy now retracking all my moves... i better not think of this shit while driving... fuckin SLAP madness...

[

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #9216 on: May 31, 2024, 09:56:00 AM »

Goddamn! Some fire colorways incoming. Been wanting an all black Tom Knox since the shoe first dropped
Damn those black 600s and white with black sole 1010s are both beautiful

I've also had that tearing on the sides of my 1010s. It's fine, all cosmetic damage. I always figured it was from a combination of the way my ankle bone sits in them, how I take off my shoes, and from them rubbing on my pants.

rothdigga

• Rep: 598
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9217 on: May 31, 2024, 10:57:21 AM »
Once, I had this mysterious, reappearing scuff mark on the inside wall of the sole of my right shoe. After months of confusion, I finally realized it was from rubbing on the edge of my dirty brake pedal while driving. Another time, in 7th grade, I had the DC Williams in that grey/yellow cw, my first skate shoes. Had a mysterious, reappearing scuff by the outside yellow collar part. After months of confusion, I realized it was from sitting crisscross applesauce on the dirty ass gym floor in P.E. class. Shoe Mysteries.
I had the same thing on my shoes back in the 90's.  When I had a stick I would subconsciously rest my foot UNDER my clutch and it would make a black mark on my toe.  I didn't know how it was happening, wearing out the very top of my toe, until I paid attention to my foot for like 1 full day and was like "I'm an idiot"...ha. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9218 on: May 31, 2024, 12:48:19 PM »
I'm curious too. I wore my 808 nonstop hoping they'd break in (they never did lol). But that hasn't happened to them. Maybe the black ones are different.
I had all 808 cw you can think of, happened to all of them. Never happened to any 1010 tho.
I'll keep buying both. Good to know that I'm not the only one.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9219 on: May 31, 2024, 02:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I had all 808 cw you can think of, happened to all of them. Never happened to any 1010 tho.
I'll keep buying both. Good to know that I'm not the only one.

i love me the 1010s.. I got a pair of the 808s that i use for chilling- solid comfy shoe but the 1010 skates better for me .

[

DanRar009

• Rep: 64
« Reply #9220 on: May 31, 2024, 02:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Goddamn! Some fire colorways incoming. Been wanting an all black Tom Knox since the shoe first dropped
[close]

I've also had that tearing on the sides of my 1010s. It's fine, all cosmetic damage. I always figured it was from a combination of the way my ankle bone sits in them, how I take off my shoes, and from them rubbing on my pants.

Those are both day one buys for me when they become available either in shop near me or on nb site. Possibly my favorite 1010 colorway in the last year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #9221 on: May 31, 2024, 03:33:17 PM »
@Gray Imp Sausage Metal are those ^ the vegan 440s you got a preview of?
they are indeed!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3387
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #9222 on: June 01, 2024, 06:41:45 AM »

Ive had this happened to my 808s and several 1010s... not that it matters but i thought i was the only one

Damn I’d love to see footage of your ollie technique.

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 122
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9223 on: June 01, 2024, 07:19:14 AM »
https://kineticskateboarding.com/collections/new-balance

480 lows in both white and black suede!

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9224 on: June 01, 2024, 07:33:50 AM »

THEY DON'T HAVE MY SIZE I AM CRESTFALLEN

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #9225 on: June 01, 2024, 08:46:50 AM »

Wait, these seemingly came out of nowhere. Not cool! Cause I would’ve got those black lows if I knew they were coming 😂

Now I’m broke.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 8
« Reply #9226 on: June 01, 2024, 09:37:18 AM »

Copped both new high top colorways from their site! Stoked!

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #9227 on: June 01, 2024, 04:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those are both day one buys for me when they become available either in shop near me or on nb site. Possibly my favorite 1010 colorway in the last year

I got some 440's to look forward too. Those 1010's don't look to bad either.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #9228 on: June 01, 2024, 10:51:31 PM »
That white gum colorway is needed for the Tiago 1010.   

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 8
« Reply #9229 on: June 01, 2024, 11:51:23 PM »

Yea, that's one of the best ones yet imo.

The 1010 needs to stay in the lineup forever.

Such a good looking shoe with great colorway potential

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #9230 on: Today at 12:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea, that's one of the best ones yet imo.

The 1010 needs to stay in the lineup forever.

Such a good looking shoe with great colorway potential

Agree - and there’s so many untapped basic options to do.

devils acrobat

• Rep: 147
« Reply #9231 on: Today at 11:14:23 AM »
Can some of you guys that have tried different models help me out please. Of the newer generation of NB's I have skated the 508 and 1010. I preferred the look, flick, and ventilation of the 508 over the 1010 but it was too narrow in the midfoot. This is not an issue with the 1010. Also my feet feel less sore after skating in the 1010. I was now looking at the 440v2, 480, and 600. 600 look like the best choice for me but the midfoot looks very narrow in the fotos I have seen. Is that the case? Also how comparable is the cushioning between 440v2 and 480? Thanks y'all, having old feet sucks.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9232 on: Today at 02:46:40 PM »
Can some of you guys that have tried different models help me out please. Of the newer generation of NB's I have skated the 508 and 1010. I preferred the look, flick, and ventilation of the 508 over the 1010 but it was too narrow in the midfoot. This is not an issue with the 1010. Also my feet feel less sore after skating in the 1010. I was now looking at the 440v2, 480, and 600. 600 look like the best choice for me but the midfoot looks very narrow in the fotos I have seen. Is that the case? Also how comparable is the cushioning between 440v2 and 480? Thanks y'all, having old feet sucks.
Cushioning wise for me: 480>1010>808>600>508>440
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Scab Picker

• Rep: 11
« Reply #9233 on: Today at 02:48:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wish the N matched the laces and heel. There isn’t any olive anywhere else on the shoes.

That 1010 colorway is probably the best so far. I hope, but don’t expect, that these will be on clearance racks by the time my stockpile of shoes gets low.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #9234 on: Today at 03:28:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I wish the N matched the laces and heel. There isn’t any olive anywhere else on the shoes.

That 1010 colorway is probably the best so far. I hope, but don’t expect, that these will be on clearance racks by the time my stockpile of shoes gets low.

i think the tongue tag is olive but your point stands

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #9235 on: Today at 05:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Cushioning wise for me: 480>1010>808>600>508>440

this is a helpful scale.

i haven’t tried the 480s yet.
i am very impressed with how long my wheat 808s have lasted, and still look decent. wish i could get more of the wheats. the shoe has stretched out some, but the toebox is probably too narrow for me, even 1/2 size up. impressed with the structure/strength of the shoe: retains shape, and i get a good flick from the firmness of the sole.
as a tangent, lots of folks love(d) vulcs for the flick, but as soon as that tape wears in, i cannot flip for shit.
i haven’t skated 1010s since the beef n broccoli, easily my favorite cw. i really liked that shoe. heard some folks opine that the shape changed some, maybe qc wasn’t as good. i don’t know that to be true.

maybe the 480 should be next for me. lots of foot/lower leg pain, keeps me off of the board, or severely diminished. i’ve been doing the hilarious thing where i bend down to attempt a trick (let’s say a really slow moving nollie flip) and then i just kinda stay crouched, not quite stuck, but the pop explosion isn’t forthcoming