Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584756 times)

hangontoyourego

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3300 on: February 03, 2019, 05:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To me Dlxsf is like on par with Nike Sb in the sense that everyone rides their stuff and they are just so insanely popular.
I would like people thinking more outside the box or try to do something different.
Dlx makes great product but I’m just super over almost  all their brands pretty much.

No offense if anyone reading this likes deluxe, I understand why one would.
[close]

i get what you’re saying . so what are you over the shapes , the graphics ? don’t you think people are trying to something different but then people complain there are to many board companies. i just got the manderson shape and i’m all yeah i nvr need to ride another shape again .
[close]
Well I would say that I am over Reals graphics for sure but it’s nothing to with shapes or quality.
Almost every pro without a board sponsor rides real and AH but I just want to see other brands thriving again.
Like imo it would be cool is lots of free agents just rode girl and chocolate or dwindle  because they just like what they are doing.
But of course Crail isn’t known for being consistently good quality like dlx.
And I know I’m just trading one big company for another but idk. It’s really just one of the many shitty skate related options I personally have.
I have a friend who skates lots of Reals and I don’t talk shit about it to him or anything, or a friend who really likes Nike SB, I support people liking whatever they like.

Skateboarding is just such a hugely personal thing to me (most of us) so I just don’t want to be having the same stuff as everyone.
Except when it comes to my own brand lol, fuck yeah I’m down when there’s a bunch of us wearing the same Allergies shirts at the park haha.
even the crail team was known to ride dlx wood . i mean just a get a krooked and paint or sticker of the gonzs horrible graphics . skate a frog board , you’ll be different then or a zero .

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3301 on: February 07, 2019, 05:12:26 PM »
I wonder what it’s like to know you are supposed to die but don’t? My partner has a rare cancer and they were supposed to have died several years ago. There were three occurrences where it almost happened but a couple of years ago a clinical trial stabilized the disease.

Other than getting chemo every three weeks we have lived a pretty normal life these past four years but the disease still looms over us. We have no idea how long it will keep working. It’s been ten years total since this started and until recently I felt like I was always preparing for the end.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #3302 on: February 08, 2019, 05:01:00 AM »
^Jesus Christ
you helped me not take today for granted. I'm pondering how lucky I am. I am thankful for you and your wisdom shared. Godspeed. I wish I could gnar you or do something gnar for you.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #3303 on: February 09, 2019, 06:57:38 PM »
How would Aphex Twin react if he went for a piss but some leftover piss leaked out of his dick and stained his pants without him realizing it, and everyone else was laughing at it for reasons unbeknownst to him until much later?

I drafted a letter to the Nine Club, should I send it?

I should probably post less.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3304 on: February 14, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
I read today that Ryan Adams just caught a bunch of allegations of abuse toward young female musicians. I don't care for the guys music and everything I've ever read about him makes him sound like a total asshole, so I'm not really surprised. Things like this come out more and more these days, which I believe is a good thing. It's well known and documented that men in entertainment have been abusing women and getting away with it because of their fame and power for decades, and it's not fair. The thing that I'm pondering is if we treat these new entertainers who get caught like pieces of scum (I think it's fair), why do we have such a hard time doing the same to the guys who pulled similar shit back in the day and got away with it. I'm personally guilty of this, as I've stopped listening to some current bands (Crystal Castles, The Orwells) after they got slammed for shit behavior, but I still love the Stones, Bowie, Iggy, Zeppelin and probably dozens of other bands who got away shit in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I don't know why, but I happily look the other way when I listen to their music and I'm not ready to give it up over some shit they did before I was born. I kinda feel like a hypocrite, and maybe I am because I can't really justify not supporting current artists with sexual and abusive allegations against them, but continuing to support ones from the past only on the basis that I like their music and the things they did happened a long time ago. I'd like to believe they've changed for the better, as I believe people deserve forgiveness, but I have no way of knowing anything about their personal lives.

Just wondering what you guys think. I tried talking about this on reddit, but apparently everyone there is a saint and doesn't listen to anyone who's ever done anything bad in their life. I've put links below for reference on Ryan Adams and all the old dudes who pulled similar shit in their time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/arts/music/ryan-adams-women-sex.html

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/mar/15/i-wouldnt-want-this-for-anybodys-daughter-will-metoo-kill-off-the-rocknroll-groupie

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/crush-arizona-2019-rawhide-phoenix-tickets-schedule-lineups-11207906

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3305 on: February 14, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
I read today that Ryan Adams just caught a bunch of allegations of abuse toward young female musicians. I don't care for the guys music and everything I've ever read about him makes him sound like a total asshole, so I'm not really surprised. Things like this come out more and more these days, which I believe is a good thing. It's well known and documented that men in entertainment have been abusing women and getting away with it because of their fame and power for decades, and it's not fair. The thing that I'm pondering is if we treat these new entertainers who get caught like pieces of scum (I think it's fair), why do we have such a hard time doing the same to the guys who pulled similar shit back in the day and got away with it. I'm personally guilty of this, as I've stopped listening to some current bands (Crystal Castles, The Orwells) after they got slammed for shit behavior, but I still love the Stones, Bowie, Iggy, Zeppelin and probably dozens of other bands who got away shit in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I don't know why, but I happily look the other way when I listen to their music and I'm not ready to give it up over some shit they did before I was born. I kinda feel like a hypocrite, and maybe I am because I can't really justify not supporting current artists with sexual and abusive allegations against them, but continuing to support ones from the past only on the basis that I like their music and the things they did happened a long time ago. I'd like to believe they've changed for the better, as I believe people deserve forgiveness, but I have no way of knowing anything about their personal lives.

Just wondering what you guys think. I tried talking about this on reddit, but apparently everyone there is a saint and doesn't listen to anyone who's ever done anything bad in their life. I've put links below for reference on Ryan Adams and all the old dudes who pulled similar shit in their time.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/mar/15/i-wouldnt-want-this-for-anybodys-daughter-will-metoo-kill-off-the-rocknroll-groupie

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/crush-arizona-2019-rawhide-phoenix-tickets-schedule-lineups-11207906
  I brought this up to you with r kelly getting his shit pulled from spotify when Bowies stuff is untouchable.   Its a life lesson at the end of the day.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3306 on: February 14, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »
Is the TK thread douche baggy?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3307 on: February 14, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  I brought this up to you with r kelly getting his shit pulled from spotify when Bowies stuff is untouchable.   Its a life lesson at the end of the day.

how you gonna bring this up when bowie isn’t even human anymore .. the dude turned into a fuckin tea kettle
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3308 on: February 15, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »
1st off what the fuck is reddit ? my friend sends  me articles from that and i can’t tell is they are real . its the news for instagrmers to feel smart .so our course their pretending to be saints cause they live life through their phones . you know what im fed yo with is the older generation haveing to bow down to these shit heads kids . they don’t seem to give a shit the way life was before they were born . they just want to rewrite history . anyway ,  if like me you’ve been listing to those bands your entire life then you can’t just turn your back when their music is your life , right ? i just went to see KISS & there’s tons of hatred towards them & justifiabley so but if you don’t like it don’t go or support them why must you shove your morals at me  . i would say you turning your back on the bands from the 70’s is if you turned your back on your parents for being shitty . i like ryan adams a lot & have since heartbreaker . even have his new lp ordered . i probably should have let the coffee sink in a little more before writing this . oh well

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3309 on: February 15, 2019, 09:38:46 AM »
You sound like a total idiot

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3310 on: February 15, 2019, 09:41:44 AM »
1st off what the fuck is reddit ? my friend sends  me articles from that and i can’t tell is they are real . its the news for instagrmers to feel smart .so our course their pretending to be saints cause they live life through their phones . you know what im fed yo with is the older generation haveing to bow down to these shit heads kids . they don’t seem to give a shit the way life was before they were born . they just want to rewrite history . anyway ,  if like me you’ve been listing to those bands your entire life then you can’t just turn your back when their music is your life , right ? i just went to see KISS & there’s tons of hatred towards them & justifiabley so but if you don’t like it don’t go or support them why must you shove your morals at me  . i would say you turning your back on the bands from the 70’s is if you turned your back on your parents for being shitty . i like ryan adams a lot & have since heartbreaker . even have his new lp ordered . i probably should have let the coffee sink in a little more before writing this . oh well

Well that was a fuckin doozy.

And I'm not sure what you're referring to about the older generation generation bowing down to shit head kids, but lets just continue down this lane of musician and entertainers. The way I see it, the older generation ran some things in a shitty way and are finally getting called out on their bullshit, i.e. new musicians getting caught for sexual misconduct while it was all good 30, 40, 50 years ago. Theres a difference in not respecting the past and realizing that the social norms of the past were shit and doing something to change them for the better.

If you want to keep supporting Ryan Adams, go ahead, but you're not getting your pre-order. They've been canceled. All companies that endorsed him or sold his signature products have cut ties as well.
https://twitter.com/BullMooseVinyl/status/1096204174470139904

I bought this up because I feel morally at odds with myself. Any form of sexual misconduct should be intolerable and that shouldn't be looked at as a new generation idea. It should be respected as form of human decency. You can't change the past, only try to do a better job in the future. I grew up listening to Bowie and The Stones and Zep and all that shit my dad played, and never once did anyone tell me that those guys did shitty things in their personal lives. I agree with you that their music is part of my life, its part of who I am, and I definitely feel like I can't turn my back on it at this point. I feel kinda shitty about it, but moving forward I'm not going to support or apologize for anyone who gets caught pulling the kinds of shit people like Ryan Adams just got caught for.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3311 on: February 15, 2019, 11:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well that was a fuckin doozy.

And I'm not sure what you're referring to about the older generation generation bowing down to shit head kids, but lets just continue down this lane of musician and entertainers. The way I see it, the older generation ran some things in a shitty way and are finally getting called out on their bullshit, i.e. new musicians getting caught for sexual misconduct while it was all good 30, 40, 50 years ago. Theres a difference in not respecting the past and realizing that the social norms of the past were shit and doing something to change them for the better.

If you want to keep supporting Ryan Adams, go ahead, but you're not getting your pre-order. They've been canceled. All companies that endorsed him or sold his signature products have cut ties as well.
https://twitter.com/BullMooseVinyl/status/1096204174470139904

I bought this up because I feel morally at odds with myself. Any form of sexual misconduct should be intolerable and that shouldn't be looked at as a new generation idea. It should be respected as form of human decency. You can't change the past, only try to do a better job in the future. I grew up listening to Bowie and The Stones and Zep and all that shit my dad played, and never once did anyone tell me that those guys did shitty things in their personal lives. I agree with you that their music is part of my life, its part of who I am, and I definitely feel like I can't turn my back on it at this point. I feel kinda shitty about it, but moving forward I'm not going to support or apologize for anyone who gets caught pulling the kinds of shit people like Ryan Adams just got caught for.
  So you cant turn your back on Bowie or L Zep but other than those 2, from here on in, nobody else.  Especially shit people like Ryan Adams.  Good then.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3312 on: February 15, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »
what’s arizona footage look like to outsiders? i think it looks like shit
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #3313 on: February 15, 2019, 01:22:01 PM »
Like shit

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3314 on: February 15, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »
I get jealous of all the ditches.

I think Arizona looks really cool in general though, it felt like being on another planet compared to where I'm from.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3315 on: February 15, 2019, 05:23:38 PM »

It looks like a nice place to breathe. North east get so shitty and humid in the summer that I envy the dry heat.

Oh yeah and ditches look fun

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3316 on: February 15, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
The desert sucks too. Arizona looks like the absence of a place.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #3317 on: February 15, 2019, 06:33:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It looks like a nice place to breathe. North east get so shitty and humid in the summer that I envy the dry heat.

Oh yeah and ditches look fun

Arizona is beautiful, and I'm happy to have spent my early to late teen years there. I will always support Cowtown, Freedom, and Sidewalk Surfer. I have nothing negative to say about it. I do think everyone thinks we give each other a little pat on the butt instead of high 5'ing though. Which is true, but it's more cute, rather than an aggressive football butt slap.

My cats were meowing at each other today for a solid 15 minutes, I wondered if they can understand each other or if they were just making noises.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #3318 on: February 15, 2019, 06:36:15 PM »
The desert sucks too. Arizona looks like the absence of a place.

To each their own my dude. I will say literally everything is a shade of tan, so I'll give you the absence part there, but they don't have daylights savings time either so it's a fair trade off.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #3319 on: February 16, 2019, 07:24:44 AM »

men in general have been able to get away with a lot of shit for most of human history. and male artists were able to get away with even more than the average man because they were looked at as geniuses. carlo gesualdo killed his wife and her lover and people to this day still listen to his compositions. a big part of society protected artists from moral criticism. you were allowed to “separate the art from the artist” because art was sacred and magical. it was only when they did something clearly illegal that they got in trouble and often the punishment was light. but this is where a racial component comes in. artists of color, such as chuck berry, seemed to get ostracized immediately for transgressions whereas someone like john lennon is continually excused. lately there is a change happening in the way people view artists and what people are willing to let them get away with. so to make it as an artist you have to not only create good art but also meet certain moral standards or you will be shunned. I think it has a lot to do with people viewing artists and art with less reverence than in the past and changing social standards. artists of the past should be looked at more carefully and with less idol worship, while keeping in mind the historical context of their time, and artists present and future should be held to current standards because it is bullshit that someone can get away with what others can’t just because they’re talented or skilled.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3320 on: February 16, 2019, 08:09:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

men in general have been able to get away with a lot of shit for most of human history. and male artists were able to get away with even more than the average man because they were looked at as geniuses. carlo gesualdo killed his wife and her lover and people to this day still listen to his compositions. a big part of society protected artists from moral criticism. you were allowed to “separate the art from the artist” because art was sacred and magical. it was only when they did something clearly illegal that they got in trouble and often the punishment was light. but this is where a racial component comes in. artists of color, such as chuck berry, seemed to get ostracized immediately for transgressions whereas someone like john lennon is continually excused. lately there is a change happening in the way people view artists and what people are willing to let them get away with. so to make it as an artist you have to not only create good art but also meet certain moral standards or you will be shunned. I think it has a lot to do with people viewing artists and art with less reverence than in the past and changing social standards. artists of the past should be looked at more carefully and with less idol worship, while keeping in mind the historical context of their time, and artists present and future should be held to current standards because it is bullshit that someone can get away with what others can’t just because they’re talented or skilled.
  Thats close to saying the definition of rape changes with the times and i think thats going a little far.  Figure out what artists your gonna jam but imo its not a hot topic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:15:36 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3321 on: February 16, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »
I didn’t say the seriousness or nature of whatever they did changed but what people are willing to let them get away with did. nowadays being an artist is becoming less of an excuse for being an asshole. people are realizing artistic talent or ability is not as special and rare as once thought. turns out lots of people can be pretty good artists if they have the right resources and get the right training. same thing happened in skateboarding. I blame the romantic era for putting artists on a pedestal to an unprecedented level. look at asshats like richard wagner who had a god complex even though his output was questionably good and relied on operatic gimmicks. but people worship him because they bought the hype.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3322 on: February 16, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
1 way to think about it guys is, these songs needed to be sung.  I feel artists somtimes channel somthing shared among many.  I will continue thinking artists are special some being visionaries, entertainers like Sly Stone Lee Perry Odb joni mitchell mulu astake syd barret miles davis many more. ( fuckin joni mitchell wore black face on one of her record covers)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:19:26 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3323 on: February 22, 2019, 04:50:56 AM »
Don't think this article has been posted here yet?

"11 skateparks that tell the story of skateboarding culture"
https://www.dezeen.com/2019/02/21/11-skatepark-architecture-skateboarding-culture/

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #3324 on: February 22, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
how much does Bam expect Novak's Namibian giraffe lamp to fetch on the open market? them shits go for under $100. Novak should sell his lamp for $20 or whatever he can get for it, send Bam the $ and keep it moving. i thought it was some fancy high end article but they're fairly common.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3325 on: February 23, 2019, 09:24:18 PM »
Alex olson walked eckhaus latta
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3326 on: February 24, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »
what's the deal with female conservative pundits like ann coulter? shouldn't they be at home raising kids and taking care of the home and not on TV yapping about shit? they have no place in politics or society at large.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3327 on: February 24, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
what's the deal with female conservative pundits like ann coulter? shouldn't they be at home raising kids and taking care of the home and not on TV yapping about shit? they have no place in politics or society at large.

She is a horrible human being. I enjoy watching her get roasted when it pops up on Comedy Central.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #3328 on: February 26, 2019, 08:18:36 AM »
Why do people say Chris Troy like it’s a bad word - never followed the dude - just curious

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #3329 on: February 27, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
I was looking at the premiere photos from that recent Vans video, and this pic is throwing me for a loop. Does the dude on the right look photoshopped or something? It looks like his arms are someone elses or they're too big to match his body. I dunno, maybe I'm just losing it.

Irvine-Sucks.com