Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584756 times)

SirPizzaSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3600 on: July 07, 2019, 08:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I’ve been thinking that I need to lose weight but it’s so hard cuz I stress eat and I’ve been so stressed out lately to the point I have white hairs. I miss being carefree and being a kid.
[close]
i do the same . try bringing food with you to work . it’s so easy when you don’t have food readily available to just go a pig out . what exactly stresses you out ? i’ve been having a hard time on my 1st day off of the weekend i wake up uber weekend from the week and i sit around and don’t do a damn thing and then try and make up for lost time the next day. this weekend i spent both days not doing anything . those days of being carefree are long gone but try and enjoy the weekend . since it was holiday me and my lady friend got to enjoy a short trip away & it was great .
everything stresses me out, my job is high action, my house is always empty and alone, my friends are busy, I just play fallout on my laptop when I can’t skate. I fell really bad the other day and It sucks. To bad I guess that’s what they call life.
the easiest trick in "purple" i could do is probably the tommy G sidewalk carve
I love tommy G so I’ll replicate that.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3601 on: July 08, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
I think alot people can be taken out of a small rut theyre in by buying a van and moving into it for a summer.  Changes ur shit up, you dont get stuck in the 'house' as easily. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #3602 on: July 08, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »
Should I just skate like Tommy G so I can enjoy myself?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3603 on: July 08, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
you should def skate & enjoy yourself to the fullest .

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #3604 on: July 08, 2019, 08:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you should def skate & enjoy yourself to the fullest .
thank you I’ll go do some street carves in my new converse.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #3605 on: July 09, 2019, 01:48:09 AM »
I think I need to put on some weight. I'm currently about 65 kilos and 183cm.. Anyone have any tips? I'd like to be in the +70 kilo range.. I've always weighted about the same and I think I would benefit from gaining couple of kilos but it's really hard to do it because I don't want eat shit and I have quite fast metabolism..

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3606 on: July 09, 2019, 03:06:21 AM »
I think I need to put on some weight. I'm currently about 65 kilos and 183cm.. Anyone have any tips? I'd like to be in the +70 kilo range.. I've always weighted about the same and I think I would benefit from gaining couple of kilos but it's really hard to do it because I don't want eat shit and I have quite fast metabolism..

What you eat now? And how active are you?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:14:48 AM by behavioralguide »

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3607 on: July 09, 2019, 04:22:07 AM »

How old are you ? I was always super tall and skinny. About 32 it all started sticking more when I could eat and drink whatever with no gain before.

In my 20s I was 186cm and 75kg when I was hitting the gym, from memory 68kg before .  In my ealry 30’s I was doing fuck all exercise due to a screwed together tibia and it was bam ! got up to like 97kg at one point. Not doing anything I never did before. Just got a point where my body didnt process as fast and it added up.

Now I’m 45 and hit the gym for weights few times a week  and try to skate a bit ,be active generally and sit at 86 to 88 depending how many beers I’ve had that week.

So for me , an ex super skinny dude , age made allot of difference. But I’m lucky. I still have those skinny points. I still eat and drink whatever I want. But with some gym work I can stay in a pretty good space.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3608 on: July 09, 2019, 04:59:56 AM »

I was always skinny as fuck no matter what i ate. I joined a gym and started lifting a couple times a week, I have a protein shake every morning and I have gained a good 5-10kg since January.

Do Not get an 'extreme gainer' blend of protein powder though, I tried that and i only gained size around the waist line and as soon as i rean out of the stuff it fell off right away.. pure water weight. total waste of time & money

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #3609 on: July 09, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
It's a common theme amongst my generation to wish for an apocalypse. I know people have joked about this in pop culture for a long time, or toyed with the idea of humankind deserving some sort of rinse. But nowadays, it's grown and intertwined in such a casual way with young people. "Ughhh honestly I'm so ready for the apocalypse", or "I for one welcome the coming apocalypse" or "humanity is so fucked honestly". I'm tired of people arguing we should throw in the towel from a place of contrived ignorance. I don't think humanity is so bad. I don't only acknowledge negative things, I don't look around me at people suffering immense pain or hardships in so many different ways and think, "yep, we need more pain. We need ultimate pain, to solve my own angst. "

The hardest thing, is that you encounter people who will make you angry, people who will shit on you, and you still have to be a good person. You still get nothing for it and give everything. We are at a point where you can't be logically good. You need to go a bit insane. Everyone is dumping their negativity into the ether, constantly purging it. There aren't enough filter feeders, there isn't enough happiness. An insane amount of negativity, requires insanity to fight back. Insane positivity. Illogical positivity, maybe love that isn't deserved, but necessary to achieve a balance.

We need to fight with a better strategy. I'm gonna do it forever. I'm gonna be insanely positive forever.  I don't even care if it's self destructive. Kamikaze style it is bitches.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #3610 on: July 09, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
It's a common theme amongst my generation to wish for an apocalypse. I know people have joked about this in pop culture for a long time, or toyed with the idea of humankind deserving some sort of rinse. But nowadays, it's grown and intertwined in such a casual way with young people. "Ughhh honestly I'm so ready for the apocalypse", or "I for one welcome the coming apocalypse" or "humanity is so fucked honestly". I'm tired of people arguing we should throw in the towel from a place of contrived ignorance. I don't think humanity is so bad. I don't only acknowledge negative things, I don't look around me at people suffering immense pain or hardships in so many different ways and think, "yep, we need more pain. We need ultimate pain, to solve my own angst. "

The hardest thing, is that you encounter people who will make you angry, people who will shit on you, and you still have to be a good person. You still get nothing for it and give everything. We are at a point where you can't be logically good. You need to go a bit insane. Everyone is dumping their negativity into the ether, constantly purging it. There aren't enough filter feeders, there isn't enough happiness. An insane amount of negativity, requires insanity to fight back. Insane positivity. Illogical positivity, maybe love that isn't deserved, but necessary to achieve a balance.

We need to fight with a better strategy. I'm gonna do it forever. I'm gonna be insanely positive forever.  I don't even care if it's self destructive. Kamikaze style it is bitches.

Thing is, the apocalypse already happened around 2012 and we've been stuck in a purgatory-like simulation ever since. Other than that, yeah I agree it's good to be positive.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #3611 on: July 09, 2019, 10:55:14 AM »
It was the solstice of 2012, I remember it well because it's tomorrow, and I always make a point to vividly remember it. So I always think back to yesterday and prep myself to make memories about all the parts I had forgotten. Cause when tomorrow happens I need to convert to good high quality memories, so that I can more adequately rely on my yesterday.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #3612 on: July 09, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »
Why were the boobs and asses threads removed?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3613 on: July 09, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »
Why were the boobs and asses threads removed?

they were unpinned but not removed.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3614 on: July 09, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thing is, the apocalypse already happened around 2012 and we've been stuck in a purgatory-like simulation ever since. Other than that, yeah I agree it's good to be positive.

right, it was weird at first, but i've gotten used to it. everything is too real, i still don't want to step in dog turds. i actually hate the intentional paradoxes. like we're all simulated, they should simulate cool stuff too, like ending war and cancer and making the perfect vegan meat and leather substitute and so on, but they keep all that shit in so we think we still live in a faulty reality. our handlers are mean assholes, tell you what.

makes me wonder if the devs work under crunch with low payment.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #3615 on: July 10, 2019, 01:30:43 AM »
I'm turning 30 in a couple of months and my body is starting to show signs of wear and tear..

The thing is I don't want go to the gym. I hate that shit and the people with passion (I'm sorry). So it needs to be something else. In the summertime I go swimming about thrice week. I skate 2-3 times a week and ride my bicycle to work etc.. Nothing real physical activities tho...

Food.. It's always been a bit problematic because I've always eaten I what want.  Nowadays my diet is mostly vegan, some days if I can't get vegan I'll eat dairy  products.. Currently I've been eating lot's of new potatoes and other veggies which are in season, always everything fresh and little as possible stuff that's grown or produced abroad. My protein mainly comes from nuts, peas and lentils. Also I have a garden where I get fresh berries for morning porridge.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
« Reply #3616 on: July 10, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
I'm turning 30 in a couple of months and my body is starting to show signs of wear and tear..

The thing is I don't want go to the gym. I hate that shit and the people with passion (I'm sorry). So it needs to be something else. In the summertime I go swimming about thrice week. I skate 2-3 times a week and ride my bicycle to work etc.. Nothing real physical activities tho...

Food.. It's always been a bit problematic because I've always eaten I what want.  Nowadays my diet is mostly vegan, some days if I can't get vegan I'll eat dairy  products.. Currently I've been eating lot's of new potatoes and other veggies which are in season, always everything fresh and little as possible stuff that's grown or produced abroad. My protein mainly comes from nuts, peas and lentils. Also I have a garden where I get fresh berries for morning porridge.

If yr city/town has an indoor bouldering facility you could try that... I recently started climbing w/ some friends and can  recommend... it's really fun and challenging esp if your doing it w/ someone else,  so you can figure out routes togheter

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3617 on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:14 PM »
Teaching myself to edit footage this summer, so I can make an ASMR Bobshirt remix vid of pros tapping decks and flipping through mags

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #3618 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »
carlos zarazua is the worst

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3619 on: July 16, 2019, 05:17:14 AM »
mike g is like that because he served
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3620 on: July 16, 2019, 05:17:07 PM »
Who is the world’s tallest midget, and who’s the one making the call?

Also, were Philips and Allen real people?  Did they know each other?  Were they enemies?  Kind of the Edison and Tesla of metal fasteners?

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3621 on: July 16, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »
Who is the world’s tallest midget, and who’s the one making the call?

Also, were Philips and Allen real people?  Did they know each other?  Were they enemies?  Kind of the Edison and Tesla of metal fasteners?

they were cool, they even did a cross collab with indy, check this out:

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #3622 on: July 18, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
I really dislike Nyjah, but I have to say that I think his Send Saturdays YouTube videos are super entertaining. Which makes me think that if I can find that format enjoyable with people that really annoy me like D Loy, Sinner and other dudes, I really think it would be rad if other skaters I actually like put out some sort of vlog type videos documenting their days skating.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3623 on: July 18, 2019, 03:49:14 PM »
I really dislike Nyjah, but I have to say that I think his Send Saturdays YouTube videos are super entertaining. Which makes me think that if I can find that format enjoyable with people that really annoy me like D Loy, Sinner and other dudes, I really think it would be rad if other skaters I actually like put out some sort of vlog type videos documenting their days skating.

Evan hay is a guy i like. but he hasn't blogged in a minute. skates with Bobby de keyzer a ton
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3624 on: July 19, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Evan hay is a guy i like. but he hasn't blogged in a minute. skates with Bobby de keyzer a ton
  Sick!

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #3625 on: July 19, 2019, 12:16:44 PM »
free will - i didn’t choose to be born
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3626 on: July 19, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
  You might have chosen tho, sperms are like fighting other sperms to get thru.  Some sperms say "fuck it". 

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3627 on: July 20, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »
Why is there a Kyle walker day?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3628 on: July 20, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
Free will is an illusion. If you accept the principle of causality then by definition everything that has happened or will ever happen is deterministic. I.e., if we were somehow able to account for and recreate all events in the creation of everything, then all things should proceed to unfurl the exact same way that it is now. The thing about it is there are so many variables and interactions of things over the course of billions of years we, as a small piece of existence, could never hope to unravel the complexity of all events that have happened or will ever happen. Therefore it doesn't matter that free will doesn't really exist. The complexity of all of creation makes seem as if it does.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3629 on: July 20, 2019, 03:29:56 PM »
Why is there a Kyle walker day?

Just noticed that on instagram too, along with the question of why I was surprised that it's the 3rd one and I'd never heard of it