Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 721060 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5670 on: July 13, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
thx for the response behavorial guide. i actually considered buying it but i could never skate it for the reason it resonates so much with me. i still considered buying it as a wall hanger and i might even do so, luckily i've found a few shops carrying the board.

also i totally didn't read sir pizza slayers post that way, although i can see how you did. i thought him sharing his almost was adopted story and him being happy about being with his real mom is because i brought this up and reminded him, so he shared it. i am also not jealous about not knowing my real parents and happy for everyone that still has them. and i agree with him, growing up with your real parents is always better, unless they are physically and psychologically abusive. then it would be better to be with cool strangers that are down to care for you. i was happy to get the ladder.

for the record, my parents(adoptive, but they are just my parents for me) rule. i wrote a lot about them already on this forum, too. apparently i have the same problems a lot of adopted people have, which is basically being on a lifelong existential guilt trip, which is not their fault, but just something that comes with the fact and then family dynamics and social norms do their thing in this as well.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #5671 on: July 13, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5672 on: July 13, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
torn on this graphic. on the one hand, i am a sucker for cynical, misanthropic stuff like this, and lovesick is pretty cool overall. but this is pretty dark.

kind of struck a nerve since i was adopted and this kind of sentiment is pretty much the root of all my psychological problems, lol.
[close]
I was gonna get adopted, but they decided no. So I went to live with me mum. Pretty good choice imo. Luv me mum as she is my last living parent.
[close]

*stabbing motion*
[close]
  Stab joke when someone brings up theyre mom?  Ur a scumbag.
[close]
thank you
[close]

It was sir pizzaslayer doing the stabbing...

The root of all of frank psychological problems are being adopted,  sir pizza comes in to say how not being adopted was a pretty good choice iho.

Seemed kind of a dick ish thing to say; a kick in the nuts, under the belt, stabby remark etc etc

EDIT: I like that board, would definitely buy lovesick if they sold in shops over here.
+ the fact it struck a nerve should only be a reason to buy it off of them. You can always skate something generic another time
seems like you read into things a little to hard then bud. When you get a text like “K” you must struggle internally on it.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5673 on: July 13, 2019, 04:37:25 PM »
Went to the skate park today and it was fairly empty but a few people skating around, it was hard to skate because people were looking at me, so I just stood back and watched them, don’t like skating around others. Skating to me is a exclusion thing where I can be by myself to have fun.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5674 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:44 PM »
since we hijacked this thread, i want to further trivialize it with the fact that my ventures came in the mail today, which is cool. but since i wasn't home, they gave the package to my senile as fuck neighbors housemaid while he was away and that dude is legitimately too smashed on medication and didn't know where she put it. have to check back tomorrow in hopes he either found my package or found out about it as he promised to ask his maid and call me back. tomorrow is my only semi free day within a 11 day work stretch and i was stoked to skate a new setup. 

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #5675 on: July 15, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
Im trying to adopt a 2 year old female St Bernard from a death row shelter...

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5676 on: July 16, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »

I ended up getting a 4 month old St Bernard rescue, very much stoked on him but not stoked to do potty training again.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5677 on: July 17, 2019, 03:26:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ended up getting a 4 month old St Bernard rescue, very much stoked on him but not stoked to do potty training again.

Congrats on the new dog!

Rescue places can be the worst. I tried adopting a collie from a place in the Carolinas only to be told I couldn’t because my house didn’t have a fenced in yard adequate for exercise.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5678 on: July 17, 2019, 10:22:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Congrats on the new dog!

Rescue places can be the worst. I tried adopting a collie from a place in the Carolinas only to be told I couldn’t because my house didn’t have a fenced in yard adequate for exercise.

Yeah the 2 year old I was looking at just had too much stuff going on. The owner of the rescue wanted 1750$ and it turns out they have a huge reputation of charging high prices to fund their travel to Korea. Also the dog was rescued from a slaughterhouse and when I asked whether or not she’d be ok living with my other dog and cat the owner immediately said “oh absolutely im sure she’ll be fine”. Not gunna put my other animals at risk based off a shady person.

Also for “Stoked on”: My new buddy was born on 4/20. I named him “Lister”.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #5679 on: July 17, 2019, 11:47:35 PM »
What the fuck?!?

$1750 for a "rescue"?

"slaughterhouse"?

"Korean travel" funds?

What is wrong with people?!?

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5680 on: July 18, 2019, 03:21:55 AM »
What the fuck?!?

$1750 for a "rescue"?

"slaughterhouse"?

"Korean travel" funds?

What is wrong with people?!?

That’s about the run around I got too. It was gonna be a 500$ rescue fee for their expert care for a dog a humane society gave to them.

Some people are genuinely in it to make money, not help the dogs so much

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5681 on: July 19, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »
+ New job w/ solid x2 paycheck
- Don't work remotely anymore so I'm 9-5

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #5682 on: July 19, 2019, 02:19:20 AM »
I got a little kitten so I don’t feel so lonely everyday, but it has to stay in my porch area until it’s old enough to get flea and tick meds. The thing is cute as all hell and super playful, but whenever I try to read outside it jumps on the table and bites the book, making it almost impossible to concentrate. Stoked on the kitten, not stoked on having to defend my books from its wrath.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5683 on: July 19, 2019, 06:14:16 AM »
Moving back to the beach after being in the mountains for a year.  happy to be back in our house and see friends and family but there is so much to do in the mountains.

leftjab13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5684 on: July 19, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
Vans shoes.  For 30 years.  Stoked then not stoked.

My move to Austin.  Mostly stoked but trying to figure out a place to live is a battle.  Gonna be some sacrifices I havent had to deal with in a while. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5685 on: July 19, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »

My move to Austin.  Mostly stoked but trying to figure out a place to live is a battle.  Gonna be some sacrifices I havent had to deal with in a while.
I live in Austin! let me know if you need a skate bud.

leftjab13

« Reply #5686 on: July 19, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thanks brother. one of these days. 
any insider info on good areas to live?  or avoid?  Im too old, with 2 youngens, to be in UTA area.  I want a yard for a ramp too.  Had a half pipe in my basement back home and I miss it already.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5687 on: July 19, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
thanks brother. one of these days. 
any insider info on good areas to live?  or avoid?  Im too old, with 2 youngens, to be in UTA area.  I want a yard for a ramp too.  Had a half pipe in my basement back home and I miss it already.
I live in the North Loop area but lucked out on an affordable apartment. There are some nice houses in this area along with the area next to this called Hyde Park. I'm sure you could try to find one with room for a backyard ramp. Both neighborhoods are only a couple miles north of UT. I've lived on the east riverside and all I can say is avoid that part if you can. Shitty traffic and more prone to crime (although not that rough compared to other parts of the country). Sounds like you're in family mode and this area is pretty nice. I also like the area west of Mopac. Really nice houses and neighborhoods but it looks considerably more expensive. Get on that if you got the funds for sure.

Anyways, I like North Loop. Next to Home Slice Pizza, grocery stores, coffee shops, movie theater etc. The most popular skatepark, House Park, is only a 15 minute drive from here so that's a plus. There is also a tennis court with diy obstacles and also a miniramp in a park nearby. I love my neighborhood!.

Good luck with your move and I hope some of that helped!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 03:38:03 PM by camel filters »

leftjab13

« Reply #5688 on: July 19, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »
Great info. Thanks, I appreciate it.
I drove by Home Slice Pizza today. I laughed at how great of a name that is.
Shoulda honked.
Im going out with real estate agent tomorrow. Trying to stay close to DT.  Maybe Meuller area. Hyde Park has a couple we are going to see. Trying to hit a home run with a toothpick though.
thanks again for the insider info.

creaturefiend420

« Reply #5689 on: July 20, 2019, 02:06:23 PM »
Going back to finish school this year smh

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5690 on: July 20, 2019, 09:16:07 PM »
Great info. Thanks, I appreciate it.
I drove by Home Slice Pizza today. I laughed at how great of a name that is.
Shoulda honked.
Im going out with real estate agent tomorrow. Trying to stay close to DT.  Maybe Meuller area. Hyde Park has a couple we are going to see. Trying to hit a home run with a toothpick though.
thanks again for the insider info.
No problem. Welcome! I think you'll like it here!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5691 on: July 21, 2019, 09:07:11 AM »
I’m going to attend an NA meeting this week.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #5692 on: July 22, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
I’m going to attend an NA meeting this week.

Good for you.  I can imagine that'd be really scary or at least take some guts to do.  Can't hurt at least, good luck bud
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5693 on: July 22, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
I’ve only been to AA meetings cause they made us go to them in rehab when I was younger, they wouldn’t take us to NA meetings cause they said there were too many drugs at them.
Don’t know how true that actually is though.

Those kinds of things can be awkward as hell for sure, but everybody is always crazy nice, and it’s usually good for keeping your mind off things for a few hours at least.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #5694 on: July 22, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »
I can't do meetings. Too much like a religion. Some groups are borderline cults. I've found that recovery is an intensely personal process and there is no rule book or "do x steps and you'll be cured" for it. Counting days is one of those things that some people get way too wrapped up in. I never got any benefit from listening to other people talk about how fucked up they were/are and I've yet to find a homegroup where it wasn't a bunch of cliques, drama, and pissing contests - both about who'd been clean the longest and who was the most fucked up when they were using.

That's not to say it's a bad thing, it works for a lot of people (and fails for a lot of people). If it works for you that's awesome and I wish you nothing but the best and hope it continues working for you, but for me all it ever did was piss me off and make me wish I was high so I didn't have to listen to some melodramatic old woman tell the same story for 10th time.

So if it doesn't work for you, find something that does. Skateboarding is one of the things that helps me stay clean, partially because I spend all my money on it so I couldn't get high even if I wanted to, and partially because it gives me a challenge to attack and goals to set.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5695 on: July 22, 2019, 10:41:59 PM »
thanks everyone, I'm nervous but I'm definitely ready for change

honestly hoping the meetings go something similar to that gif of Jordan Taylor up there

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5696 on: July 23, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
Step dad, he can be cool but can also be a total know it all prick.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5697 on: July 24, 2019, 05:00:25 AM »
My wife asked me to take her son to his job and that if I did so, she'd "make it worth my while"

She did not.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5698 on: July 24, 2019, 05:20:12 AM »
thanks everyone, I'm nervous but I'm definitely ready for change

honestly hoping the meetings go something similar to that gif of Jordan Taylor up there

Find a group where people talk how they got clean and what they do now to stay clean and have a decent life. Stick to the winners, as they say.

Ignore bullshit and listen to logical shit.

Ignore war tales, those are useless.

For every ten idiots there is, at least, one good person.

Don't think of yourself as different or unique, you're not.

AA and other similar groups can be culty and preachy. It really is no wonder since their lives were at stake. Also, nobody forces you to go or do shit. Remember, 95% of your success is in your hands.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #5699 on: July 24, 2019, 05:35:52 AM »
Going back to finish school this year smh

Hell yeah, better to do it than to not do it.