Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720671 times)

thebacker

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2220 on: November 07, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
are radials the best shape?

I think they might be.

those oski 57mm radial 99a must b real nice

conical fulls

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2221 on: November 07, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »

I think they might be.

For me, the standard radials are the best. Wish they'd offer them more consistently, but I'm guessing they're not nearly as popular as classics and conicals.

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #2222 on: November 07, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote

I think they might be.

[close]

conical fulls

mm nice

you never forget your first

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2223 on: November 07, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
And I like they slip to grip ratio far better on F4s also.

This. With F4s you can instinctually feel the saddle point when the grip transition to slip. You know how much amount of pressure you have to put to slide or not. I mean, they are predictable.

Concerning the shape: radial slim or classic, indeed. Depends if you prefer more lock or a better roll over copping. Conicals (and especially the fulls) offer a great stability when rolling though, I would recommend them for beginners.

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2224 on: November 07, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote

I think they might be.

[close]

conical fulls

This. I drank the wide wheel kool-aid hard, (other than radials) other shapes just dainty.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2225 on: November 07, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I think they might be.

[close]

conical fulls

[close]

This. I drank the wide wheel kool-aid hard, (other than radials) other shapes just dainty.

There is no wheel but the one true wheel, and Conical Full F4 is his name
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2226 on: November 08, 2019, 12:25:33 AM »

I think they might be.

I made the switch this year from conical full to radial and I’m very happy, from a wheel standpoint at least.

The rest of my life sucks

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2227 on: November 08, 2019, 02:33:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks. glad I skipped the tablets than. Ordered some f4 radials never had f4s before looking forward to it.
[close]
99 or 101?

99 loving the shape.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #2228 on: November 08, 2019, 04:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Classics or radial slims👌
[close]

I haven’t had classics in a few years now that I think about it. I think if I see a set of 53’s next time I’m at vu I might grab a set
50mm 101 F4 Classics are the best wheel ever made.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #2229 on: November 08, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
I ordered some of the Quartersnacks Formula Fours and I was very pleasantly surprised to open the box and find an airfreshener that made my wheels smell like a snack :)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2230 on: November 08, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »
I ordered some of the Quartersnacks Formula Fours and I was very pleasantly surprised to open the box and find an airfreshener that made my wheels smell like a snack :)

Where did you order them from ?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #2231 on: November 08, 2019, 05:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/parts/wheels/spitfire/f4-99-sf-x-qs-classic-wheels-white-pid-53308

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2232 on: November 08, 2019, 05:49:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/parts/wheels/spitfire/f4-99-sf-x-qs-classic-wheels-white-pid-53308

Thanks, I shoulda checked cowtown.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2233 on: November 09, 2019, 01:42:24 PM »
I’m on mobile so a link is the best I can do. Spitfire IG posted the FTC collab pieces, including what looks like OG Classics in F4.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 03:21:38 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2234 on: November 10, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »
ok so, I’ve had a hook up with sone other wheel brands  for the past 5 years or so , but... it just ran its course. So I picked up my first set of formula 4’s today . I went with the AA conical full 55mm. I’ve heard everyone rave about them , ready to see if they live up to the hype

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2235 on: November 14, 2019, 06:02:51 PM »
“The drought is over” apparently  but checking the site it’s all the colored ones ..

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2236 on: November 14, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
ok so, I’ve had a hook up with sone other wheel brands  for the past 5 years or so , but... it just ran its course. So I picked up my first set of formula 4’s today . I went with the AA conical full 55mm. I’ve heard everyone rave about them , ready to see if they live up to the hype

In my opinion that very wheel is the actual Perfect Wheel.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2237 on: November 14, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kindly explain your position on this. Why this over a Radial Slim or a Classic? Genuinely curious, just getting into wheel madness.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 345
« Reply #2238 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Kindly explain your position on this. Why this over a Radial Slim or a Classic? Genuinely curious, just getting into wheel madness.

ive tried; classic, classic wide, classic thin, radial, raidal slim and conical fulls all in 99duro- and i always prefer the classic shape. i mostly skate street and some parks. everytime ive tried anything that isnt a classic i always wanna go back to what i've used.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2239 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ive tried; classic, classic wide, classic thin, radial, raidal slim and conical fulls all in 99duro- and i always prefer the classic shape. i mostly skate street and some parks. everytime ive tried anything that isnt a classic i always wanna go back to what i've used.

I feel the same way but Radial Slims get a pass (don't see the need to ride Conicals, let alone 'full' wheels).

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2240 on: November 14, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I feel the same way but Radial Slims get a pass (don't see the need to ride Conicals, let alone 'full' wheels).

If you live in an area with fairly smooth ground or spend most of your time in the park then classics or anything else on offer is probably fine.

However if you live in an area with a little more adversity on the surface, Conicals help mitigate that roughness.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2241 on: November 15, 2019, 12:35:52 AM »
You guys the real MVPs
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2242 on: November 15, 2019, 05:31:57 AM »
Those AA conicals fulls be looking nice as fuck.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:26:00 AM by ClownOfTheDay »

thebacker

« Reply #2243 on: November 15, 2019, 05:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you live in an area with fairly smooth ground or spend most of your time in the park then classics or anything else on offer is probably fine.

However if you live in an area with a little more adversity on the surface, Conicals help mitigate that roughness.

this is spot on

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2244 on: November 15, 2019, 02:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Basically, I (badly) skate a little of everything, but mostly bowl, curbs/ledges, and some ditch stuff that's super close to where I live.  For what I do, the conical fulls have a really good shape for sliding when you want to but won't generally slip unless you're going real fast while turning real sharp, they're wide enough to handle some crust, and they feel more solid on landings.  Basically, they're just a burly wheel and feel like one.  I don't have a problem doing my three flip tricks with them, but the classics definitely help tricks pop a bit higher (skinnier, lighter, the bowed sidewall makes it easier for the wheel to tilt and leave the ground on scooped tricks). 

FWIW, I like the straight up classics next best after the conical fulls, but for all the complementary reasons: they're a daintier wheel that responds much more sensitively to input, which means stuff that works fine on other wheels might not fly on classics (and vice versa).  Basically, their big virtue is the same as their big vice: they slide around real easy on the ground.  If you find yourself slipping out on landings a lot, classics won't change that; but if you're sticking on landings and need a little more mobility to ride away, they'll definitely help.  Powerslides are the most fun on classics, though, because they just break into a slide like they're reading your mind. 

In the end, it's about what feels good, not about what anybody "needs" out of a wheel, so just try shit out if you can and ride what you like because it literally doesn't matter. 

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2245 on: November 15, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
Classics are my all time favorite shape, simply bc I dig they way they wear down, getting slightly wider as you go.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2246 on: November 16, 2019, 09:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Radial Slims are a perfect median between the Conicals and Classics.  Rounded edge so you can still slappy but it's squared with a large contact patch so you still lock in super well and are able to comfortably ride crusty spots.  If I could only ride one wheel it would probably be 99a Radial Slims.  They're nice on smaller trucks too because you actually have some space to grind.  Conical Fulls and Radials are way too big for anything under 8.5 IMO but that's just my preference.

Regular Conicals and Radial Slims are very similar though but I really feel like the Radial Slims are a better wheel.  Also Conicals only come in like three sizes while Radial Slims come in twice as many.  Really this is nitpicking though.  If you like one you will like the other as well.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2247 on: November 17, 2019, 03:43:54 AM »
Radial slims are my favorite wheel, basically waiting for the tablets I have now to be done to get another set, although I’m thinking about giving a set of f4 classics again

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2248 on: November 17, 2019, 05:20:58 AM »
Just ordered a set of 101 tablets in 51mm. Been riding bones 50s the skinny ones, think v4? Not sure why but I had the urge to try out spitfire f4. Hoping to like them I like really small wheels and the tablets seemed to be a good choice. I’ll report back

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #2249 on: November 17, 2019, 07:10:06 AM »
what do you new england guys ride? I got some 56mm conical full right now, and they feel way to big. they're great on hills, but I feel I could get a slimmer and smaller wheel that will do about the same, the only problem is the god awful pavement up here.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.