Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799883 times)

beecee and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8400 on: February 01, 2024, 01:18:22 PM »
Held the 440v2 lows in hands yesterday. I think the sole stiffness might be the most noticeable change? Toebox didn't look ALL that different. Top down either. The "N" is a bit jarring on the model though. I think it works on the Tiago's but for some reason it feels oversized on the 440.

The green lows are more of a faded "sage" less of a green. Didn't get to try on, no 13's.

They’re on Zappos

beecee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #8401 on: February 01, 2024, 03:52:46 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8402 on: February 01, 2024, 05:37:00 PM »
Where are these coming out?

Snkr Connoisseur, your laces!

hacefresco420

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8403 on: February 01, 2024, 05:47:58 PM »
I have a New Balance store around the corner from my office. Stopped in for the first time today. They only had 2 pairs of skate shoes (Foy’s shoe & a 440 low). Not entirely surprising.

Anyway, I was talking to the guys there & they advised 480 high in black/gum drops in May. Figured I’d share.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #8404 on: February 01, 2024, 07:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m fucking dying! Insecurely checking my 480’s now.

Thanks Watson!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

your mom

• Rep: 26
« Reply #8405 on: February 01, 2024, 07:41:59 PM »
Damn those v2s look like a bad botox job

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8406 on: February 01, 2024, 07:48:00 PM »
v2 lows look better in bigger sizes I feel

but the v2 highs ain't it..

Daydream

« Reply #8407 on: February 01, 2024, 07:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Held the 440v2 lows in hands yesterday. I think the sole stiffness might be the most noticeable change? Toebox didn't look ALL that different. Top down either. The "N" is a bit jarring on the model though. I think it works on the Tiago's but for some reason it feels oversized on the 440.

The green lows are more of a faded "sage" less of a green. Didn't get to try on, no 13's.
[close]

They’re on Zappos
yes? They're also on daddies for 20% off..

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #8408 on: February 01, 2024, 08:06:59 PM »

We didn’t change the sole rubber durometer, aka, didn’t make it stiffer. Added a nicer insole though, that might be what you felt.
Get litty.....

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #8409 on: February 01, 2024, 08:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i ran lace jobs like that all the time in high school, just coming through in some lakai fades that were barely hanging onto my foot

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8410 on: February 01, 2024, 09:52:37 PM »
I got the green 440 v2 lows. Comparing them to the Surry 440, the midsole feels better on v2. The v2 heel feels more solid and the entire footbed has a thin layer of gel-like material under the insole. They have the same ortholite insole that is in the 272.

For my trashed feet, it is the most comfortable NB# I have had so far. Just not a fan of any of the v2 color ways. I wish NB# would have a standard black suede for the inaugural launch of their shoes. But I can deal with the odd green color if my feet feel good.
How much for an order of ribs?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8411 on: February 01, 2024, 11:18:16 PM »
I got the green 440 v2 lows. Comparing them to the Surry 440, the midsole feels better on v2. The v2 heel feels more solid and the entire footbed has a thin layer of gel-like material under the insole. They have the same ortholite insole that is in the 272.

For my trashed feet, it is the most comfortable NB# I have had so far. Just not a fan of any of the v2 color ways. I wish NB# would have a standard black suede for the inaugural launch of their shoes. But I can deal with the odd green color if my feet feel good.
And what are the other ones you have?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8412 on: February 01, 2024, 11:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Already came out. First pair was this colorway.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

marcusbutler

« Reply #8413 on: February 02, 2024, 12:05:34 AM »
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.

mini greek

« Reply #8414 on: February 02, 2024, 08:56:15 AM »
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.
Get litty.....

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #8415 on: February 02, 2024, 09:42:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.

Grey day with that buttery pig suede would be sick
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8416 on: February 02, 2024, 10:09:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Grey day with that buttery pig suede would be sick
We need more white shoes with black sole
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8417 on: February 02, 2024, 02:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

255, 272, 306, 420, 480, 600, 808, 1010

My feet are pretty well destroyed which makes them pretty sensative to the shoes I am wearing. What might be quite uncomfortable for me may be perfect for most everyone.
How much for an order of ribs?

marcusbutler

« Reply #8418 on: February 02, 2024, 03:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank god. After skating the OG 440 with the miami dolphin colorway. I need something basic to cleanse my pallet. Just ordered the spruce/white v2's. It ain't lookin too bad.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8419 on: February 02, 2024, 07:56:19 PM »
Anyone tried the wide 440v2s?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8420 on: February 02, 2024, 10:40:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

255, 272, 306, 420, 480, 600, 808, 1010

My feet are pretty well destroyed which makes them pretty sensative to the shoes I am wearing. What might be quite uncomfortable for me may be perfect for most everyone.
Seems were on the same side, can't wait to find some v2
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Mc89

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8421 on: February 04, 2024, 04:29:34 PM »
Skated the 440V2’s today. They feel so similar to the v1 in terms of grip, board feel and flick.

The flatter toe spring makes them way comfier imo.

The taller toe cap doesn’t actually feel any different than the flick on the v1’s, it’s just a visual difference. The way I flick I use a lot of the toe for kickflips so the taller toe cap will give it more life but will still need a little shoe goo if I don’t want the V cut to inevitably happen.

The abzorb in the outsole/midsole makes them more padded but doesn’t take any board feel away.

The refined heel makes them have less slip and less need to tie them tighter.

This may be long winded but all in all I really like them so far and if you liked the V1’s the initial thought is these are a definite improvement!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #8422 on: February 04, 2024, 05:19:37 PM »
Thanks for the review @Mc89 Would you recommend the same size for the V2s as the original 440s?

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8423 on: February 04, 2024, 05:57:20 PM »
Here are my first impressions of the 440 V2 Highs vs 1010's (only shoe I've skated for the past 2 years lol)

-They run true to size for me, I wear a 9.5 in the 1010's and 9.5 fits perfect in the V2
(I know it was common to half size down for the V1 highs but for V2 true to size works for me

-I prefer the grip on the 440, that was always one of my complaints on the 1010, felt slippery to soon

-Impact protection is of course better on the 1010's but the 440 has great impact protection while also providing better board feel than the 1010

-So far I am enjoying the ankle support of the 440s, this is whats most important to me in a skate shoe, I lace my 440 all the way up and it pretty much acts as an ankle brace BUT with the sole on the 440 being thinner than the 1010, I feel like I have better proprioception, more connected/better awareness of the ground

-Both shoes pass the ankle roll test but 440 being slightly better, since the 1010 has so much impact protection your foot sits a little bit high off the ground which can make the shoe feel tippy at times. The 1010 is still better than a majority of shoes on the market for this test due to its extremely wide sole (Ankle roll test is just to see how easy your ankle tips over. Skinny & tall soles are easier to tip over than low & wide soles)

Cant speak on durability yet but it does seem like the 440 will wear down faster than the 1010 because those are tanks

To summarize: thank you NB for once again making an amazing shoe, my ankles are happy <3

Mc89

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8424 on: February 04, 2024, 06:06:19 PM »
Thanks for the review @Mc89 Would you recommend the same size for the V2s as the original 440s?

No prob! I have the lows and went to true to size on both

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8425 on: February 04, 2024, 07:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

They’re on Zappos
[close]

They're not (sold out maybe?); tactics has them code BIGAIRJARE will net you 20% off tho.

FWIW Zappos is way better with shipping/returns than DADDIES/CCS (as it takes forever for the return to get there, process, then hit your card back with them - with zappos that shit hits asap AND you get a huge return window...a year in some cases A YEAR).

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8426 on: February 04, 2024, 07:59:17 PM »
Skated the 440V2’s today. They feel so similar to the v1 in terms of grip, board feel and flick.

The flatter toe spring makes them way comfier imo.

The taller toe cap doesn’t actually feel any different than the flick on the v1’s, it’s just a visual difference. The way I flick I use a lot of the toe for kickflips so the taller toe cap will give it more life but will still need a little shoe goo if I don’t want the V cut to inevitably happen.

The abzorb in the outsole/midsole makes them more padded but doesn’t take any board feel away.

The refined heel makes them have less slip and less need to tie them tighter.

This may be long winded but all in all I really like them so far and if you liked the V1’s the initial thought is these are a definite improvement!

fantastic news!

Daydream

« Reply #8427 on: February 04, 2024, 08:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

They’re on Zappos
[close]
[close]

They're not (sold out maybe?); tactics has them code BIGAIRJARE will net you 20% off tho.

FWIW Zappos is way better with shipping/returns than DADDIES/CCS (as it takes forever for the return to get there, process, then hit your card back with them - with zappos that shit hits asap AND you get a huge return window...a year in some cases A YEAR).
tactics telling me that code expired now. And agreed about Zappos.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8428 on: February 04, 2024, 09:38:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

They’re on Zappos
[close]
[close]

[close]
tactics telling me that code expired now. And agreed about Zappos.

Yeah, I get the error but if you refresh...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #8429 on: February 04, 2024, 10:52:43 PM »
Need the high V2, haven't seen them in EU so far.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.