Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224974 times)

dillanharp

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1830 on: April 18, 2014, 01:27:52 AM »
Sharks.

Not a Fotograph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #1831 on: April 18, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »
New York isn't fucking going anywhere, they'll be out in 6 against Philly, I might as well show y'all my bracket

Quite frankly I am, being from the State of Hockey, a Wild fan but in the name of rationality picked the Avs to win in six, despite the fact that both times these teams have met in the playoffs the underdogs took the series

I'm a Flyers fan and I think that you're high. Flyers are too banged up (Downie, Timmonen, Mason), take too many dumb penalties and have too soft of goaltending to make a real run at things. They'll flame out in round 2 if they survive the Rangers. And I'm guessing that they won't.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1832 on: April 18, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
Every game so far has been ridiculously good. It's kid in candy store good. Being able to watch a great game then flip the channel to another during intermissions is a real treat.

I feel as if there is going to be a slew of injuries once the 2nd round begins.

Naturally I'm going for the Habs but realistically I think either the Bruins(who are great but I hate) or Chicago has it this year. Would love to see the Avs take it. Watching their season since Roy being behind the bench has been great.

Me likie playoffs.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1833 on: April 18, 2014, 08:30:16 PM »
this bruins red wings series is going to put me in the hospital

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1834 on: April 18, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
NHL really needs to cut the playoff structure to 12 teams. Dallas never had a chance, neither did Tampa Bay, just save us the sweeps and give us real hockey

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1835 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:19 PM »

I Was super surprised Boston didn't score even once.. Datsyuk's goal was just fucking beautiful though.
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1836 on: April 18, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I Was super surprised Boston didn't score even once.. Datsyuk's goal was just fucking beautiful though.

Im really not surprised, I kind of knew game 1 was going to be a wake up call. The Datsyuk goal really was a beaut though, he reached back and slid the puck through his  legs from behind like it was nothing crossed into the zone and ripped one far side through dougie hamiltons legs. I dont think franzen deserved an assist on that one datsyuk did it all himself that dude is so next level you just have to respect him

Tracer

« Reply #1837 on: April 18, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »
Detroit just plays good hockey and that's never going to change. Whoever comes and goes doesn't matter, they lock it down.

Beautiful game from the D tonight, shutting out a huge favorite? That's my fav moment in hockey, sorry Boston you get NOTHING! Jo Louis will be rocking in games 3-4 especially after tonight. Huge series shift, really don't see Boston coming back if Howard keeps playing this this.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1838 on: April 19, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
New York isn't fucking going anywhere, they'll be out in 6 against Philly, I might as well show y'all my bracket

Quite frankly I am, being from the State of Hockey, a Wild fan but in the name of rationality picked the Avs to win in six, despite the fact that both times these teams have met in the playoffs the underdogs took the series
[close]

I'm a Flyers fan and I think that you're high. Flyers are too banged up (Downie, Timmonen, Mason), take too many dumb penalties and have too soft of goaltending to make a real run at things. They'll flame out in round 2 if they survive the Rangers. And I'm guessing that they won't.
If/when they make it to round 2 they'll more than likely face the Pens, whom they manhandled all year, which
means they'll for sure get to the ECF

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Exposure

« Reply #1839 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
another insane blues-blackhawks game. Blues tie it with 6 seconds left in regulation then win it in OT.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1840 on: April 19, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
#killcrawford

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #1841 on: April 19, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »
Blackhawks what the fuck?

Tracer, could you please hit your head a little this evening so you would forget about this and the football thread?

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1842 on: April 19, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
Did anyone see that goal by MacKinnon in the Wild/Avs game? Holy shit

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1843 on: April 19, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
This Blackhawks series is killing me.  Why are we having such a hard time keeping a lead at the end?  Today was somewhat understandable, but come on!

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1844 on: April 19, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »

I'm a little late but this shits crazy.

Tracer

« Reply #1845 on: April 19, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
This Blackhawks series is killing me.  Why are we having such a hard time keeping a lead at the end?  Today was somewhat understandable, but come on!
Serious? Because you're playing The St Louis Blues on the road. Penalties are thrown to the wayside so ST Louis gets the best chance of winning, it's F pathetic

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1846 on: April 19, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
If Bishop nor Palat were injured, Tampa wouldn't be losing this series. Fuck the Habs.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1847 on: April 19, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »
Wild better win this next game. Tonight was fucking pathetic, we let Colorado take all the momentum when they scored. Bryzgalov played like shit, our D was shit, we weren't forechecking for shit. I could tell when Colorado was gonna score a goal every time we did. We're giving away wide open shots from the slot, and I don't know when Yeo's gonna realize that just because we have Ryan Suter and Jonas Brodin and an offensive defenseman in Jared Spurgeon doesn't mean we can play roving defense because it's not fucking working. The only good thing for us tonight was Kuemper's relief, because we played like an ECHL team out there.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1848 on: April 19, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
that was a good blue jackets game tonight Jack J's wide open goal was too easy fleury didnt no it even went in for way to long.

That subtle move mackinnon made to the inside before rolling outside was way to easy that goal was incredible, you have to love that shit

Exposure

« Reply #1849 on: April 19, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »
Wild better win this next game. Tonight was fucking pathetic, we let Colorado take all the momentum when they scored. Bryzgalov played like shit, our D was shit, we weren't forechecking for shit. I could tell when Colorado was gonna score a goal every time we did. We're giving away wide open shots from the slot, and I don't know when Yeo's gonna realize that just because we have Ryan Suter and Jonas Brodin and an offensive defenseman in Jared Spurgeon doesn't mean we can play roving defense because it's not fucking working. The only good thing for us tonight was Kuemper's relief, because we played like an ECHL team out there.

Kuemper did a great job at subbing in for Bryzgalov. The Avs are just so fast. Also Roy put Stastny, Landeskog AND MacKinnon in the same line which is basically an unstoppable goal machine.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:10:24 PM by Exposure »

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1850 on: April 19, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
Roy pulling the goalie with three minutes left in game one was bold as fuck. I've always hated him, but I'm finally starting to like him a coach.

Seabrook's hit today was dirty as fuck. I hope he sits a couple.

Nick..

« Reply #1851 on: April 19, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »
The fact Colorado is doing this well without Duchene is fantastic.

Roy pulling the goalie with three minutes left in game one was bold as fuck. I've always hated him, but I'm finally starting to like him a coach.

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety  2h
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will have a hearing tomorrow for interference/charging on St. Louis Blues forward David Backes

He's gone for a game or two, good riddance. In relating to that series, Tarasenko is fucking awesome, love that kid.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1852 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »

yikes :o

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1853 on: April 20, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
The fact Colorado is doing this well without Duchene is fantastic.

Expand Quote

[close]
NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety  2h
Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will have a hearing tomorrow for interference/charging on St. Louis Blues forward David Backes

He's gone for a game or two, good riddance. In relating to that series, Tarasenko is fucking awesome, love that kid.
Gone for 3

Exposure

« Reply #1854 on: April 20, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »

yikes :o

chara is one dude you would not want to get in a fight with

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1855 on: April 20, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
franzens an idiot and what was smith thinking i guess he's over the target being on his back.

The officiating in this tampa bay montreal game is horrendous

Nick..

« Reply #1856 on: April 20, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
Fuck Montreal. Can't stand their team or the fans. I can't wait until the lovefest over Subban ends, he'd be nothing without his powerplay points.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1857 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »

not a lightning fan but how do you not even video review a playoff goal?!?

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #1858 on: April 20, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
What a butthorn.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1859 on: April 20, 2014, 07:29:03 PM »
Funny enough, the french commentators are not arguing the ref's decision.