Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225023 times)

police state

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1860 on: April 20, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
ya, and stamkos shoulda had a breakaway, jon cooper was super pissed off during the post game interview check that one out ha
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1861 on: April 20, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
I cant believe they called anything on subban in that game after he purposely high sticked someone (i forget who) in the throat. If he wasnt such a gigantic piece of shit with a spoiled brat of an attitude he would be an amazing player. and that was most definitely a goal i cant believe how poorly the refs handled that one they made a joke out of what would have been a good game.

Im going to try and find the cooper interview now because i can only imagine what he has to say

Rule 69.1 (just saw everyone knows why the disallowed goal on callahan was the wrong call)

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper?s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

1) the initial contact on price came from a check that killorn took and still went to the right to avoid contact with price who was out of his crease so that doesnt count

2) the contact on price coming out of the net was caused by an interference by subban that disallowed killorn to leave the net which led to price and killorn having contact (which price actually initiated anyways) so that doesnt count either.

Bad call dont let these shmucks show you rule 69.3 and pretend like it was a good call.

Edit: also to abraham linksys or whoever said why wasnt the play reviewed unfortunately its not a reviewable play which is fucking stupid in the first place
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:48:38 PM by waltercronkite »

dillanharp

« Reply #1862 on: April 21, 2014, 01:30:39 AM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1863 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:28 AM »
Funny enough, the french commentators are not arguing the ref's decision.
Because the French are nice
I cant believe they called anything on subban in that game after he purposely high sticked someone (i forget who) in the throat. If he wasnt such a gigantic piece of shit with a spoiled brat of an attitude he would be an amazing player. and that was most definitely a
What's wrong with him? He's one of my favorite players, yeah partially because I'm black, but he's good. I've seen some of his interviews and he's not this "piece-of-shit" players that everyone seems to make him out to be.

Also, if this Kings/Sharks series doesn't tell you that Quick is overrated I don't know what will
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:38:12 AM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1864 on: April 21, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
I cant believe they called anything on subban in that game after he purposely high sticked someone (i forget who) in the throat. If he wasnt such a gigantic piece of shit with a spoiled brat of an attitude he would be an amazing player. and that was most definitely a
[close]
What's wrong with him? He's one of my favorite players, yeah partially because I'm black, but he's good. I've seen some of his interviews and he's not this "piece-of-shit" players that everyone seems to make him out to be.

Also, if this Kings/Sharks series doesn't tell you that Quick is overrated I don't know what will

Seriously where do you start? He's a good player who plays a very cheap style of hockey he makes dirty and pathetic plays that are cringe worthy he starts fights with his coaches not only off the ice but during games an when Montreal offer him a 7.5 million a year deal he tells him he will walk unless they give him 8 which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1865 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
If Subban didn't play in MTL....no way would he get the hype he gets both good and bad. 

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1866 on: April 21, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »
If Subban didn't play in MTL....no way would he get the hype he gets both good and bad. 

I can definitely agree with that montreal is a big team in the nhl if he were on another one you wouldnt hear about him as much

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1867 on: April 21, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »

That goes for every big names in the league. Most of the french canadien players don't want to play here because the pressure is just to big for them. I'm not a hockey fan, but I know just enough to know that alot of players who we're just average in MTL became big stars with other teams, alot of people blame the pressure from the local media and the fans. 

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1868 on: April 21, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
Minnesota is going hard right now. Killin colorado on shots on goal
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1869 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
hope colorado wins, matt cooke is a piece of shit forever.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1870 on: April 21, 2014, 06:28:12 PM »

how is this idiot still allowed to be in the nhl?

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1871 on: April 21, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how is this idiot still allowed to be in the nhl?

He definitely deserves a worse punishment than what he got for that. Minnesota has been playing pretty damn dirty tonight.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1872 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »
What a shitty play by Cooke. Usually I'll defend him  when people are talking shot about him but that play was classless. He's been playing cleaner but that's the second knee-to-knee I've seen from him this year. Throw him out for the next seven at least, probably the rest of the postseason. Also, how are my Wild outplaying the Avalanche so badly and it's 0-0? Jesus Christ just give Varlamov his Vezina already.

EDIT: Granlund scored from the ground! What a play! We win!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:11:34 PM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1873 on: April 21, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »
Say what you want about the Cookes/ Averys.. Every team in the league will try and pick them up in free agency, they are shit disturbers and great for any team.

Harem

« Reply #1874 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:48 PM »
Much better from Blackhawks today. A shut out for Crawford will do his confidence the world of good.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1875 on: April 22, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
pre game predictions
tampa bay finally gets a W and I hope stamkos has a big game.
I think boston will win a close game in hockeytown usa. someone actually fight chara please ass beating or not.
flyers win game 3 hope this series gets nasty and goes 7 games.
san jose sharks looked like they can't be beaten lately so road game or not I think they will win big time.
unrelated this shit was tight.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1876 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Seriously where do you start? He's a good player who plays a very cheap style of hockey he makes dirty and pathetic plays that are cringe worthy he starts fights with his coaches not only off the ice but during games an when Montreal offer him a 7.5 million a year deal he tells him he will walk unless they give him 8 which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
He's a powerplay asset in addition to what you previously said and that's all. I have no fucking idea how he won the Norris last year over Suter, I really don't.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1877 on: April 22, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »
PKs the next Dion Phaneuf.....

abraham linksys

« Reply #1878 on: April 23, 2014, 12:01:22 AM »

silkyjohnson

« Reply #1879 on: April 23, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »

Harem

« Reply #1880 on: April 23, 2014, 05:18:56 AM »

Chris Therien, Flyers' radio analyst, "I don't even know why Carcillo is in the Rangers' line-up!"

Carcillo scores next shift.

CT, "I feel like I've just been punched in the mouth...

abraham linksys

« Reply #1881 on: April 23, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
pre game predictions again. still feel bad for those lightning.
I think the columbus blue jackets wind up winning tonight not down with the penguins one bit.
anaheim ducks will win unless tyler seguin steps up but I doubt it since getzlaf is killin it.
blackhawks/blues will be a good game but I see the blues taking this one tonight.

Exposure

« Reply #1882 on: April 23, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »
Crosby needs to leave Pittsburgh if he wants to win a Stanley cup. Their team is too one dimensional.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1883 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:14 PM »
smooth 8)

Exposure

« Reply #1884 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:30 PM »
never thought i'd see the blue jackets actually giving the pens a run for their money

Harem

« Reply #1885 on: April 23, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »
Patrick Kane, I love you.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1886 on: April 23, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
never thought i'd see the blue jackets actually giving the pens a run for their money

How many times does Fleury need to look like he just jumped on a hand grenade?

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1887 on: April 23, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
PKs the next Dion Phaneuf.....
http://wewantacup.com/headlines/2349-ease-up-on-dion-phaneuf

This article nails it. Phaneuf is the only guy who can play the minutes he gets, and has a weak supporting cast. Gunnarsson is good, but he isn't a top two defensemen. Get the guy some fucking help.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1888 on: April 23, 2014, 11:36:02 PM »
Detroit is going to win the game and win the series, never count out the wings.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1889 on: April 24, 2014, 10:12:53 AM »
Yeah...but I wanna see Boston play Montreal.....

I think Chicago might claw their way through St. Louis but San Jose or Anaheim will pull through in the west.

Love the way Colorado and Dallas look though.....the bottom feeders of the west will stay at the bottom for awhile....