Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick "scandal"  (Read 9102 times)

Casey Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
Colin Kaepernick "scandal"
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »
What do you guys think of this?

Summary for those of you who are unaware: football player refused to salute the national anthem because he said he will not salute for a country that oppresses black people and minorities. Now everyone is fired up and saying he's un-american, an asshole, calling for him to be banned from football, or saying he should find another country.

In my opinion, he's entitled to say and do whatever the fuck he wants. People say that he disrespected people who have died for our country. To me, those people gave their lives for our right to criticize the country and say what we want to say without be persecuted. Yes, it was controversial, but not un-American. Un-American would be to be afraid to speak your mind publicly on a real issue without being forced away. It's not like he's saying he's going to kill people, or that people are going to hell, or whatever. He didn't even attack anyone. He just voiced his opinion on the state of this country.

This is a country, not a cult. You can be displeased with how it is structured. To the people who think he should move to another country: should women have moved to another country because they couldn't vote? Should blacks have moved to another country because they couldn't drink at the same drinking fountain as whites? No, you push for change. You share your voice. That's America, to me.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Colin Kaepernick "scandal"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
If someone called me un-american I'd actually be pretty stoked  ;D

Eric ricks

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
No issues with what he did/said.

People get waaaay too fuckin excited over the dumbest shit nowadays.

Also probably doesnt help that big media didnt share everything he said.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
Isn't part of being American that you're able to stand against things you disagree with or don't believe in?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

he criticized both trump and clinton but they barely mentioned it. they just wanted to turn it into a race-baiting issue for more clicks and controversy and anger.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
If someone called me un-american I'd actually be pretty stoked� ;D

Yea but you're the biggest limp wristed wiener on here, so of course you would.

I'm all for it though. He's not wrong and he has every right to do it. This is a local story for me, SF police officer's Union is demanding an apology and alameda county SO invited him for a ride along.
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 12:33:37 PM »
Much better QBs out there, he is stupid for further decreasing his value.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 12:48:06 PM »
Anyone else find it fucking weird we (meaning American children) were required to "pledge allegiance" to the US every morning before school? Is that still a thing?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 12:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea but you're the biggest wiener on here, so of course you would.

I'm all for it though. He's not wrong and he has every right to do it. This is a local story for me, SF police officer's Union is demanding an apology and alameda county SO invited him for a ride along.
Says the guy who dumped scalding hot coffee on a child's head, either you're the limp wrister or a sadistic maniac

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
pro athletes and actors have huge egos. i'm guessing he was pulled over one time while driving his flashy car he bought with the 20 million dollars he is paid to throw a ball. it made him feel so oppressed. he went home and sat in his mansion and said....man this is fucking ridiculous the way they treat us black men in america. i have to do something about this

Eric ricks

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

he criticized both trump and clinton but they barely mentioned it. they just wanted to turn it into a race-baiting issue for more clicks and controversy and anger.

Yep thats what I was referring too.

Im not a fan of his but he certainly has the right to speak his mind. And I certainly wasnt offended by anything he said

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
pro athletes and actors have huge egos. i'm guessing he was pulled over one time while driving his flashy car he bought with the 20 million dollars he is paid to throw a ball. it made him feel so oppressed. he went home and sat in his mansion and said....man this is fucking ridiculous the way they treat us black men in america. i have to do something about this
Dude, your country is fucked... and a lot of people want to make it even worse, do you not understand the concept altruism? The only reason people give a shit is because he's a rich pro athlete, if it was just another dude no one would care. So he uses his visibility to speak on something he believes in. Remember how Muhammed Ali got sent to prison for refusing to join the army, he was called un-american, now he's American legend and people salute him for taking a stand, same shit, albeit without the jail time.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 01:07:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude, your country is fucked... and a lot of people want to make it even worse, do you not understand the concept altruism? The only reason people give a shit is because he's a rich pro athlete, if it was just another dude no one would care. So he uses his visibility to speak on something he believes in. Remember how Muhammed Ali got sent to prison for refusing to join the army, he was called un-american, now he's American legend and people salute him for taking a stand, same shit, albeit without the jail time.
really tired of you outsiders commenting on our country when you are so misled by the media ::)

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 01:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
really tired of you outsiders commenting on our country when you are so misled by the media ::)
Dude you said on here not too long ago that they should make protesting illegal... if anyone is misled it is you

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 01:12:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, pretty sure he was speaking out for other people, not himself. I would say he probably knows he's rich, and isn't sitting there complaining about his own life.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »
this shouldn't have gotten a fraction of the attention that is has. you dont want to salute the flag? so what? this isnt news.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea but you're the biggest wiener on here, so of course you would.

[close]
Says the guy who dumped scalding hot coffee on a child's head, either you're the limp wrister or a sadistic maniac
Your pussy ass can't get the story right so stop. Keep acting like a eunuch.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »
It's def a PR move. Don't you guys remember a year or two ago when he lost a game and was slinging racial slurs? Now he's for the people? His teammates have referred to him as "cancer" in the locker room. He has every right to sit during the anthem. He should he have? No. If your team stands you stand. Carmelo Anthony is all about civil rights yet he stands for the anthem during every game with his team and for his country. Also Carmelo Anthony does a lot for civil rights organizations. What is Kap doing besides not standing for the anthem on national television? I highly doubt he's doing anything. His form of protesting is childish.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »
I'm down for what he did. Mainly because America is based on a bunch of fucking hypocrisy, so let them fools get angry over some dude voicing his opinion. Just because you don't pledge your allegiance to a country doesn't mean hes a Communist or a fucking ISIS bomber. Fuck what Americans think
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
if he was in a punk band it would make him more money, being in the nfl and doing this makes you less money. it's not rocket science.

straight

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »

Pretty Much this!  Why did he wait till the national anthem to make public stance and not when the shit went down with those fucker killer cops.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal

Big Sweatpants

• Rep: -66
  • KOOKIN' IT SO FUCKING HARD
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 04:30:16 PM »

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »
What he did was disgusting. I 100% defend his right to do it, but I find it disgraceful.
He has the right not to stand for the national anthem, and for that reason alone he should stand for the national anthem.
Welp, no one in my fantasy league is gonna want to pick him up now (not like they would have anyway)
Shit could be worse

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »
Who knew the Fox News contingent of slap was so large.

If you have a problem with this man not standing for the national anthem in protest, then you probably need to learn a little more about what freedom actually means.

This country is pretty fucking restrictive for the supposed bastion of freedom people claim it to be.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
Who knew the Fox News contingent of slap was so large.

If you have a problem with this man not standing for the national anthem in protest, then you probably need to learn a little more about what freedom actually means.

This country is pretty fucking restrictive for the supposed bastion of freedom people claim it to be.

Skaters on slap talking about conformity is like strippers talking about why Hilary Clinton does not wear dresses/ skirts anymore

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »
He has every right to not stand for the National Anthem but he's still an asshole. To me the act of standing for the National Anthem means you respect the sacrifices made by past veterans and current active duty service members who have given up their personal freedoms and/or lives to serve their country. If no one ever served in the military we wouldn't be here today having this discussion.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
if he was in a punk band it would make him more money, being in the nfl and doing this makes you less money. it's not rocket science.
He did it because the 9ers are about to cut him, the timing of this says it all. Gabbert will start

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
He has every right to not stand for the National Anthem but he's still an asshole. To me the act of standing for the National Anthem means you respect the sacrifices made by past veterans and current active duty service members who have given up their personal freedoms and/or lives to serve their country. If no one ever served in the military we wouldn't be here today having this discussion.

It has absolutely nothing to do with veterans. If anything, the NFL using veterans as a promotional tool during half time is more offensive than a citizen exercising their 1st amendment rights.