Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1945277 times)

ramplocal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
  • poser
Re: post you skating
« Reply #18150 on: August 08, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »
Really liked MintySandwich's clip too! Lots of people with good style on this page.

And @ramplocal thank you very much, I appreciate that. I'm really just one more aging skater doing his thing though!

Here are three throwaway clips at a Marseille spot from a few weeks back and some street photos my friend shot:

Hey no problem man, i look forward when i see your posts in this thread. It really motivates my 40 year old ass to go skate, im actually skating now bc i watched your clips earlier

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #18151 on: August 08, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
Hey no problem man, i look forward when i see your posts in this thread. It really motivates my 40 year old ass to go skate, im actually skating now bc i watched your clips earlier

Man that really made my day, any time someone expresses that me doing my own thing just so happens to motivate them to do their own thing gets me stoked like nothing else. I like to look at skating as a language so whenever it's communicative in any way I think it's great and when it's actually constructive then it's awesome. I too get stoked on people who post in this thread, in fact probably more than I do watching anything that's not an independent production or a work you can tell is sincere is organic. Thanks for motivating me back and have a great weekend!

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #18152 on: August 08, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man that really made my day, any time someone expresses that me doing my own thing just so happens to motivate them to do their own thing gets me stoked like nothing else. I like to look at skating as a language so whenever it's communicative in any way I think it's great and when it's actually constructive then it's awesome. I too get stoked on people who post in this thread, in fact probably more than I do watching anything that's not an independent production or a work you can tell is sincere is organic. Thanks for motivating me back and have a great weekend!
Thats dope man, im having a super fun sesh right now, thanks and keep the clips coming!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18153 on: August 09, 2020, 06:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thats dope man, im having a super fun sesh right now, thanks and keep the clips coming!

Ha will do, I went skating this morning and filmed some stuff because your post juiced me up and ended up learning a lot of awkward spinny things, I'm stoked. First one is obviously inspired by Andy Howell, would love to learn it on flat:

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #18154 on: August 09, 2020, 12:00:32 PM »
Just found this thread (stoked to see everyone else's clips and putting the incredible gear scores to use!  8) in their favorite places) and incidentally, I put together some clips from a solo session at my local park:

Super Champion Fun Zone

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18155 on: August 09, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »
^ Really good form on that last 360 flip! Filter on the clip made me miss skating in the fall somehow.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #18156 on: August 09, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
^ Really good form on that last 360 flip! Filter on the clip made me miss skating in the fall somehow.
Thank you!! I appreciate that! Those and BS big spin are my favorites to do. It was super dark so I tried to lighten it up and I guess I made it look like fall instead haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #18157 on: August 09, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
This was scary

vhsfisheye

« Reply #18158 on: August 10, 2020, 01:13:55 AM »
im the filmer..
heres homie footage
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDscHlbpSmP/

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #18159 on: August 10, 2020, 07:16:56 AM »
This frontside noseslide to fakie manny from the weekend.

https://streamable.com/1izy1f

Technique

« Reply #18160 on: August 10, 2020, 06:11:15 PM »
This was scary
You're pro!

This frontside noseslide to fakie manny from the weekend.

https://streamable.com/1izy1f

This was very sick. Like the fit too.

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #18161 on: August 11, 2020, 08:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ha will do, I went skating this morning and filmed some stuff because your post juiced me up and ended up learning a lot of awkward spinny things, I'm stoked. First one is obviously inspired by Andy Howell, would love to learn it on flat:

Damn man i can tell you went hard! Dope as fuck!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18162 on: August 11, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »
despite the shitshow year, skatings been feeling better this year than it has in a while. heres some footage from the past 8 months.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #18163 on: August 11, 2020, 04:22:38 PM »
despite the shitshow year, skatings been feeling better this year than it has in a while. heres some footage from the past 8 months.

Hell yeah bud.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18164 on: August 12, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »
Thanks ramplocal. Honestly I was stoked the first trick worked out so well and so quick - I had just learned the variation with the revert going the other way, done it enough that I started to conceptualize one where I'd spin 360 with it instead, and in just a few tries I rolled away from that one too, almost caught me off guard how natural it was and I couldn't believe I had never thought of it before.

A casual clip from two years ago that just randomly resurfaced in an edit, so I posted the 'raw' file on IG. More of a guilty pleasure than a hard trick, would have loved to get to skate the spot for longer that day. Here's my friend's edit for the curious, for his brand Costume that he runs out of Manaus: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/fake-news

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:28:48 AM by silhouette »

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18165 on: August 12, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
Me and some pals trying to get out early at 8am to beat the heat to no avail. This is Phoenix's hottest summer ever recorded. Ive also been on a huge "Alex G" kick

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #18166 on: August 13, 2020, 04:10:07 AM »
Me and some pals trying to get out early at 8am to beat the heat to no avail. This is Phoenix's hottest summer ever recorded. Ive also been on a huge "Alex G" kick

The nosetap to axle was so nice. :)
IG: @flowterspace

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #18167 on: August 13, 2020, 09:58:11 AM »

Euro TM sighting :)

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18168 on: August 13, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

EuroTM's got style and grace. One of my favorites.

Expand Quote

[close]

The nosetap to axle was so nice. :)

Thank you Sir! just figured that one out.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18169 on: August 13, 2020, 07:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was sick, love the track too. That park looks fun as hell with the mini transitions that won't break you off too badly.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #18170 on: August 13, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »
Neighborhood clips

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #18171 on: August 14, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »
The part that I did the nose slide on was almost totally dry and I kept sticking every time I got into it.
So after a bit of attempts, I started just pouring water on the noseslide spot every 10 min or so. Eventually it worked. If I had wax I would have tried to shuv out.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #18172 on: August 14, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
my asscheek is swollen, but overall it was a decent sesh today

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #18173 on: August 14, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
my asscheek is swollen, but overall it was a decent sesh today

Nice.

Envious of those wallrides @doomstation55

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #18174 on: August 16, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
I've missed this thread.  First time I've filmed something worthy since I broke my ankle around a year ago.  I'll get it better.

Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #18175 on: August 16, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »
That looked fun Budo! Good shit definitely.

More stuff from my neighborhood, first spot always has a car parked there so had to push myself to get out there even tho it was like 95 out.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18176 on: August 16, 2020, 10:25:11 PM »
I've missed this thread.  First time I've filmed something worthy since I broke my ankle around a year ago.  I'll get it better.

Broken ankle sound fucking rough, props for getting back on the board!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #18177 on: August 17, 2020, 12:15:08 AM »

Solo session at the local diy

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #18178 on: August 17, 2020, 04:12:21 AM »

i thought i peaked 2 years ago but i’m still learning new shit, i’m really hyped on the shuvit nose manny and the fs flip
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #18179 on: August 18, 2020, 05:29:19 AM »
just a kickflip but i got this bad ass shot of the lightning we had in northern cali last night

even the steven