Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4829132 times)

williumbillium and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #30450 on: March 02, 2022, 12:28:37 PM »
 :-\

Polar Shin Sanbongi Astroboy 8”
Venture 5.2 low
Spitfire classic 53mm
Bones reds
Jessup grip

Had a lot of fun riding some weird shapes the past year (and will continue to ride the krooked sweatpants because that thing is so nice!)
But at the end of the day I will always go back to what I know and love. Really happy that some of my favourite companies continue to make 8” decks and I hope they don’t stop any time soon!

What's the wheelbase and how does it pair with the lows

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #30451 on: March 02, 2022, 12:50:10 PM »

Venture 5.2 low
Spitfire classic 53mm
Bones reds
Jessup grip

Had a lot of fun riding some weird shapes the past year (and will continue to ride the krooked sweatpants because that thing is so nice!)
But at the end of the day I will always go back to what I know and love. Really happy that some of my favourite companies continue to make 8” decks and I hope they don’t stop any time soon!

I have this graphic for my collection. Its so good

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30452 on: March 02, 2022, 02:22:18 PM »
Haven’t been on Slap as much since I stopped smoking weed every day so I have a few new setups to report.

Sour 7.5”
Venture 5.0 lows with the hollow kingpin whatever they're called
Nfg 52mm teardrops
Bones reds
Pig hardware i think?
Jessup

It was cool but a bit too long for my tastes and I cracked it on a rock to fakie (?) so I got…

Red Curbs 7.5” shop board
Everything else is the same

I’ve gotten pretty used to this shape. I was skeptical of my last Red Curbs 7.5” since I broke a 9” of theirs in less than 3 hours of skating on it but the 7.5” turned out to hold up pretty well, I ended up switching it out for the Sour 7.5” because the grip wore out and it was razor tailing after almost 2 months of skating. Excessive Atlas stickers to make it clear that I would rather buy an Atlas 7.5” shop board if they sold them, which I doubt they ever would unless the sub-8” demand grew significantly. No shade to Red Curbs intended, they’re a great shop and are more than worth giving money to, it’s just that my allegiance lies elsewhere.

Finally,

Strangelove Natas guest board 10” at its widest point
Powell Peralta rails
Mob Nora grip
Shortys Silverados
NFG 60mm Vees 95a
Reds
Indy 1/4” risers

This is a fun setup, I’m pretty hyped on it. I impulse bought some 215s and needed something to set it up with so I ended up getting 2 of these Natas decks, one in blue and one in yellow. I’m not into BDSM but I thought it’s a sick graphic regardless and I like that the shape roughly mirrors his OG SMA board. Rails are from an old Imaginarium board I skated close to a decade ago. These NFGs are the first version of their 95a formula, and they’ve worn down to about 57.6ish mm after around a year and a half of riding them. I got the grip in a raffle, I can understand if some may think it’s a violation but it fits the color of the board and I couldn’t possibly imagine putting it on a normal looking board. I set up the silver bolts so that they poke out to the side of my front foot when I’m pushing regardless of whether I’m switch pushing or not.

Nice stuff! What are the wheelbases on the Natas deck?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30453 on: March 02, 2022, 03:26:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Haven’t been on Slap as much since I stopped smoking weed every day so I have a few new setups to report.

Sour 7.5”
Venture 5.0 lows with the hollow kingpin whatever they're called
Nfg 52mm teardrops
Bones reds
Pig hardware i think?
Jessup

It was cool but a bit too long for my tastes and I cracked it on a rock to fakie (?) so I got…

Red Curbs 7.5” shop board
Everything else is the same

I’ve gotten pretty used to this shape. I was skeptical of my last Red Curbs 7.5” since I broke a 9” of theirs in less than 3 hours of skating on it but the 7.5” turned out to hold up pretty well, I ended up switching it out for the Sour 7.5” because the grip wore out and it was razor tailing after almost 2 months of skating. Excessive Atlas stickers to make it clear that I would rather buy an Atlas 7.5” shop board if they sold them, which I doubt they ever would unless the sub-8” demand grew significantly. No shade to Red Curbs intended, they’re a great shop and are more than worth giving money to, it’s just that my allegiance lies elsewhere.

Finally,

Powell Peralta rails
Mob Nora grip
Shortys Silverados
NFG 60mm Vees 95a
Reds
Indy 1/4” risers

This is a fun setup, I’m pretty hyped on it. I impulse bought some 215s and needed something to set it up with so I ended up getting 2 of these Natas decks, one in blue and one in yellow. I’m not into BDSM but I thought it’s a sick graphic regardless and I like that the shape roughly mirrors his OG SMA board. Rails are from an old Imaginarium board I skated close to a decade ago. These NFGs are the first version of their 95a formula, and they’ve worn down to about 57.6ish mm after around a year and a half of riding them. I got the grip in a raffle, I can understand if some may think it’s a violation but it fits the color of the board and I couldn’t possibly imagine putting it on a normal looking board. I set up the silver bolts so that they poke out to the side of my front foot when I’m pushing regardless of whether I’m switch pushing or not.
[close]

Nice stuff! What are the wheelbases on the Natas deck?

Thanks. I believe they're 14.75" and 15.5" according to the internet, I have the truck screwed into the shorter one.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #30454 on: March 02, 2022, 03:26:38 PM »
Stopped looking for WKND boards during the whole Johan situation, but Tom K and Jordan Taylor etc. have really got me in love with them again.

WKND Tom K 8.25 (CT shape with 14" wb)
Thunder 149
1/8 Risers
54mm SML Mike Arnold wheels
Bones

This graphic is sick, hadn't seen it before. looks super fun.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #30455 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Stopped looking for WKND boards during the whole Johan situation, but Tom K and Jordan Taylor etc. have really got me in love with them again.

WKND Tom K 8.25 (CT shape with 14" wb)
Thunder 149
1/8 Risers
54mm SML Mike Arnold wheels
Bones

[close]

This graphic is sick, hadn't seen it before. looks super fun.

Very excited to skate it. Love the film, but mainly it takes me back to the first metal gear solid on the ps1.

It's short and not had chance to skate it yet, but should be fun!

oliknight

« Reply #30456 on: March 02, 2022, 05:01:21 PM »
:-\
Expand Quote

Venture 5.2 low
Spitfire classic 53mm
Bones reds
Jessup grip

[close]

What's the wheelbase and how does it pair with the lows

It’s 14.25 and it just feels perfect, it’s all I’ve ever really known when it comes to popsicle shapes so I’m biased

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #30457 on: March 02, 2022, 05:16:44 PM »
8.38 Jon Dickson "Mice and Men" Deathwish (gifted deck)
Indy 149s + risers
Ricta 55mm Cloud Cruiser's (White/Red - 85a)
Bones Reds (shaken 2x in naphtha for that raw metal eargasm)
Enjoi Gender Bender hardware
Shop griptape
Powell Peralta Rib Bones (Yellow)
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #30458 on: March 02, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »

ATM Donovan Rice (shoutout to @jakeumms for the recommendation a little while back and @PuffinMuffin for the stickers)
Ti 169s
57 mm Radial Fulls
Swiss
Mob
Hardware

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #30459 on: March 02, 2022, 06:18:07 PM »

ATM Donovan Rice (shoutout to @jakeumms for the recommendation a little while back and @PuffinMuffin for the stickers)
Ti 169s
57 mm Radial Fulls
Swiss
Mob
Hardware
Beautiful. Quick question, are you anywhere near 6’? I’ve always wanted one but I know they’re on the short side.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #30460 on: March 02, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »

Ti 169s
57 mm Radial Fulls
Swiss
Mob
Hardware
Donovan is rad. Are the titanium Indy's worth it?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #30461 on: March 02, 2022, 08:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Slouch Skateboards 8.25 x 31.875 Wheelbase 14.25
Old Indy standard 149s (I'm going to try some Ace AF1 55 once these trucks are done)
Loopholes wheels Jameel Douglas 54mm

Loving this board. Second one in a row.
[close]

Do you know which woodshop it was from?
Or any info about the top, markings, sticker or anything?

Thanks.
[close]

It is Woodchuck Laminates. It does not have any top markings or stickers.

Thank you!

I have added them to the Woodshop list as well as your board and info into the current thread too.

Much apprreciated.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #30462 on: March 02, 2022, 09:23:56 PM »

baker 8.0
venture 5.6 ti hanger w/ cast plates
spitfire F4 og classics 52mm
bones swiss
jessup ultra
income taxes hardware

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #30463 on: March 02, 2022, 10:34:19 PM »

Powell Peralta rails
Mob Nora grip
Shortys Silverados
NFG 60mm Vees 95a
Reds
Indy 1/4” risers

I am not a fan of colored grip but this looks awesome as if it was made for this bloard. I would def. ride it. My buddy took a 10“ fishtail to the session last Sunday and I was amazed how much pop it had and also how easily it flipped.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #30464 on: March 03, 2022, 04:56:32 AM »

DOA flat as fuck 8.25
Theeve TI-hanger 5.5 (the ultralight fancy ones)
Riptide krank 87a bottom, thunder stock tops (cold weather setup based on the ace setup, I like to run film mediums in these when it's warm enough )
54mm Spitfire F4 radial slims
Shitty Jake Shunt pro model bearings
Jessup probably*

Stickies courtesy of Brujaria, Environs, and @PuffinMuffin 

Back is maybe starting to heal a little so I decided to out something together that would be easy to pop. I actually don't recall trying this deck/truck combo too many times for some reason but it feels amazing today. I popped an ollie in a spot where I could see my shadow and it actually looked not trash, so I tried a heelflip and it sizzled up and slapped my back foot first try. Yup, this shape still feels like home and this one feels really good. For sure the best flat/mellow boards on the market.

* this one was a fletch castaway so I didn't grip it, but he's a jessup guy so Im making an informed assumption... Also the slide marks are not mine and he is much, much better than me.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #30465 on: March 03, 2022, 06:00:56 AM »

DOA flat as fuck 8.25
Riptide krank 87a bottom, thunder stock tops (cold weather setup based on the ace setup, I like to run film mediums in these when it's warm enough )
Jessup probably*

Back is maybe starting to heal a little so I decided to out something together that would be easy to pop. I actually don't recall trying this deck/truck combo too many times for some reason but it feels amazing today. I popped an ollie in a spot where I could see my shadow and it actually looked not trash, so I tried a heelflip and it sizzled up and slapped my back foot first try. Yup, this shape still feels like home and this one feels really good. For sure the best flat/mellow boards on the market.

* this one was a fletch castaway so I didn't grip it, but he's a jessup guy so Im making an informed assumption... Also the slide marks are not mine and he is much, much better than me.
BFRD, you've really piqued my interest on these FAF decks.  I love south central wood, but the kicks on the 5boros I've been riding have just been too steep.  I've hesitated, wondering if these would be too flat, but I think I just need to go for it when they drop more.

Get hungry on it!

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30466 on: March 03, 2022, 06:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote

Ti 169s
57 mm Radial Fulls
Swiss
Mob
Hardware
[close]
Beautiful. Quick question, are you anywhere near 6’? I’ve always wanted one but I know they’re on the short side.

Yeah, I’m actually right at 6 foot tall and I’ve been enjoying skating these kind of shapes.  I guess you just adapt to the shortness of the board over time (it’s definitely noticeable at first).  Only time I recall it really impacting my skating was trying to boardslide this bump to decently high flatbar and having my front foot basically sliding up and off the nose trying to get too much out of the ollie for how short the board is.  Got smoked a couple times on that.  I mostly skate ledges, curbs, and manual pads and it’s super fun for those. 

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30467 on: March 03, 2022, 06:46:08 AM »
Expand Quote

Ti 169s
57 mm Radial Fulls
Swiss
Mob
Hardware
[close]
Donovan is rad. Are the titanium Indy's worth it?

I think they are for bigger trucks (159/169).  I had Ti 139s a while back and they weren’t much different but I appreciate the weight savings on the 169s (especially since I usually run them with wider, heavier wheels).  The lower-ness of the forged baseplate is good for me too.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #30468 on: March 03, 2022, 07:12:04 AM »

baker 8.0
bones swiss
jessup ultra
income taxes hardware

love this set up, income taxes as in the texas boys yeah? if so, hell yeah

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #30469 on: March 03, 2022, 07:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote

baker 8.0
bones swiss
jessup ultra
income taxes hardware
[close]

love this set up, income taxes as in the texas boys yeah? if so, hell yeah

appreciate it! yup, i got them gifted to me from a homie before moving to CA.
i would also like to rep southside skateshop, but i ran out of stickers lol shout out H-town

Maxi205

• Rep: 32
« Reply #30470 on: March 03, 2022, 08:50:50 AM »
New one very exited to try out an 8,5 with a 14 inch wheelbase

Anti Hero mis team eagle 8,5x31,75x14wb
ACE af1 55
Spitfire formula four 53 conical 99a
Shorty's 7/8 lights hardware
Industrial 6 ball bearings
Mob grip
[

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #30471 on: March 03, 2022, 10:27:35 AM »

ACE af1 55
Mob grip
[

That short eagle might be my next board. Definitely want to give it a shot.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #30472 on: March 03, 2022, 01:16:48 PM »

ACE af1 55
Mob grip
[

Gnar'd for the rug.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #30473 on: March 03, 2022, 01:24:02 PM »

ACE af1 55
Mob grip
[

This setup is beautiful. I need to cop a mis registered eagle. Let us know how it rides !

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #30474 on: March 03, 2022, 05:03:40 PM »

ACE af1 55
Mob grip
[

I have a feeling the AH 8.5" with 14" WB will be Slap's darling deck for 2022.

Hell it's made me consider sizing up to an 8.5".
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Phillyflared

• Rep: 37
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30475 on: March 03, 2022, 07:54:13 PM »
Out w/ the old and in w/ the new

Post break in curb session

Carl Aikens 8" OG Concave
Ace 33
Spitfire Classic F4 50mm w/old swiss
Mob

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #30476 on: March 03, 2022, 08:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote

DOA flat as fuck 8.25
Jessup probably*

[close]
BFRD, you've really piqued my interest on these FAF decks.  I love south central wood, but the kicks on the 5boros I've been riding have just been too steep.  I've hesitated, wondering if these would be too flat, but I think I just need to go for it when they drop more.

There were actually some "mellow" standards in the last run, not sure what they changed but it was definitely noticeable. They were pretty close to a dlx III in terms of kick angle, but you'd have to basically have a chance to dig through a stack and pick one out. Flats are still way better feeling though.

If you don't already know he doesn't usually send the flats to shops (I guess they don't sell well in shops) and puts them up on the webstore instead. Follow DOA on insta and pay attention to the stories and posts and he usually gives a heads up a few days before they're coming in. It's kind of random in terms of size/graphic so it's best to be early if you skate a popular size. They tend to go pretty quickly once word gets out.

If you're having trouble tracking one down feel free to shoot me a PM when you're ready to switch, but honestly you can probably just DM him like a man and get it straight from the horse's mouf. He's a really friendly dude and a total madness afflicted board nerd so he gets it.

FUBAR

• Rep: 238
« Reply #30477 on: March 04, 2022, 03:09:51 AM »
Expand Quote

DOA flat as fuck 8.25
Jessup probably*

[close]
I DMed him and asked about the next drop of flats, he said maybe May. I need to just get 2-3 next time. Like Tom Petty once said, the waiting is the hardest part.

oliknight

« Reply #30478 on: March 04, 2022, 03:27:01 AM »
Here's the script for the funniest sketch show ever:

After informing Derek about his sore stomach, George Floyd then tells him about how annoying possums can be!

The Furrie and Pup Play supporting vegans convince the whole of New Zealand to become vegan with an updated slogan: "Animals are friends with benefits not food"!
(This is a bit of an Australian in-joke)

A super hero named Sterile Man arrives in town and heads straight to the supermarket to start pointing his finger and shaming any granny killer who dare still walk down the confectionery aisle!
(This is particularly aimed at the attitudes of the Australian politician, media and her supporters who refused to acknowledge the fact that health benifts from covid restrictions all come at cost!)

Homosexuals still too afraid to leave their homes due to Israel Folau's social media post!
(You also have to be Australian to understand just how funny this one is!... This is he last of the Australian references)

Jewish prisoner sits in Nazi death camp pondering who's worse; Hitler, or the people who say it's wrong to brainwash children into sexual servitude of the crossdressers!

Miley Cyrus one ups Cardi B to once again become The Queen of Female Empowerment by performing a live show from inside the hole in an outhouse!

Principal pats herself on the back for the success of her Islam Positivity program after asking a kindergartener from a non-Islamic family "Who's this other little girl in your drawing holding daddy's hand?" and hearing her reply "That's daddy's second wife I dream he has, because after learning about all the people who say Muhammad is a hero I want daddy to be just like him"!

Intersectionality realises that it forgot to include gingers in the movement so the pride/BLM flag gets updated with little polka dots to represent their freckles and Ronald McDonald is deemed their spokesman!

Parents discover that their 5 year old boy has somehow made his way onto the roof of their 3 story home and is yelling out that unless they buy him the frilly pink panties that he needs to be his real self he's gonna jump!

Rapist gives his thoughts to an interviewer about how he feels after watching Slutwalk storm through the street: "Not bad, not bad at all. My only complaint is those few tiny pieces of clothing they kept on. Hopefully next year they'll be back even sluttier. But for now I've got to find something to do with this raging boner they've given me"!

Independent reporter who published an article highlighting the fact that the identical twin studies prove the Gay Gene theory false watches all the heads of the Antifa mob who awoke him with their "Anti-gay! Anti-gay! Anti-gay!" chant physically explode after asking them what they have to say about the Islamic nations which throw homosexuals off roofs!

The lights are dimmed, the candels lit, and the Barry White record begins, as the robes are removed, and into the bath slide a beautiful couple, who can't help but talk dirty with each other every time a transvestite is the topic of discussion, who've decided it's time for their realtionship to progress to the next level, and who also happen to be siblings!

After being lectured about how we consume too much garbage and that we have to cut back to only the bare essentials for the sake of the planet, a questioner asks "Are there any tv shows which you consider essential?" and is given the response "Obviously the Tim and Eric Show"!

Con-artist puts into motion her latest scam by handing her Official Anxiety Disorder, caused by hearing co-workers dissagree that sexism is the reason why STEM doesn't employ 50% women, documents to her employer, which she brought from Dr. Doctor for only a fraction of what she's gonna be stealing from work over the next few months on her paid stress leave Xanax bender, and she's got an army ready to jump in and start shouting "Where's your degree!?" if anybody tries to call her out!

Welfare leech can no longer sleep due to being haunted by Eminem's lyrics attacking fa(censored by Reddit)ots, that he's been blasting out of his car for the past 2 decades, after voting for a politician who's calling for prison time for those who refuse to be a part of the crossdressers fetish, who bought him with the promise of more welfare money!

Therapist starts giving his sexually abused clients the same healing advice which is given by the BDSM proponents: "I'll tie you up, unzip my fly, and knock you around while you recall your trauma and work through it"!

Psychic realises he can hear the voice of a passer by's immune system asking him "If this pathetic prick won't even fight back against pedophiles taking over the whole world why should I do anything at all?"!

Harvey Weinstein travels back in time before the accusations to identify as an Islamic woman!

Black rioter stops mid way through lobbing a brick through a shop's window to question if maybe acting like a criminal doesn't help eradicate the white supremacist prejudice that blacks are criminals, then decides to do it anyway for the Nikes!

Arts department replaces all their professors with tape recorders that repeat "Any notion of beauty is a system of oppression" all day long!

The excitement on Steve Smith's face when he hears that any male capable of uttering "I'm trans" can now freely stroll straight into Boob Central!

Woke woman cheers and cheers as they give her a tax cut to make up for the gender pay gap, then races towards her front door for a shopping spree, only to have acid thrown straight in her face the moment she opens it by one of the Islamic terrorists they/she let in!

Martin Luther King speaks to us about his dream of living in a world free from kink shamers who say things like "Yo plantation pornography ain't cool man"!

The year is 2030, and everybody except the elites mysteriously grows a beak, and after much talk about how it happened some begin to unravel the mystery as they start to wonder if maybe the pharmaceutical giants, who think it's cool to watch boys grow breasts, and who've had the power to force needles into us every 6 months, are behind it!

Cop pulls his gun on a 12 year old girl who thought she could still get away with calling something regular after new laws pass that replace all of the patriarchy's fascist old free speech laws with big tech's hate speech policies!

The Not Fake News Network sets the record straight regarding Bruce Jenner's Woman of The Year title: "I'm not sure Caitlyn deserved that title. Is she brave? Yes. Is she stunning? She certainly is. But was she really Woman of The Year?... She surely would have been a top 10 contender, but I don't think she quiet earnt that number 1 spot, and I'm not afraid to say it"!

Lord Jacob Rothschild forces all the lunatics who claim that the banking system doesn't grow anything other than the proportion of the wealth that they hold to slump away defeated by demonstrating that as they make new money out of thin air the crops magically grow more produce!

The show comes to a close with:
Man who changed his name to Mr. True Patriot no longer keeps us waiting as he finally puts down his beer, closes his pornhub tab, puts on his armoured vest, picks up his trusty shotgun, and liberates the world!

This is the shows theme song: https://youtu.be/SlURs19PECs?start=165

I haven't finalized the intro yet, but it will include Mr. Trololo waving his finger in disappoint, the super moonwalk, and other classic internet phenomena!

*There most certainly will be black face involved!

Edgy

DERBY

• Rep: 267
« Reply #30479 on: March 04, 2022, 03:53:46 AM »
no one cares. get some help