Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798771 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N, cornman, Paperclip20 (+ 1 Hidden) and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1140 on: April 16, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1141 on: April 16, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
Rothmeyer I don't know if you've seen me mention it before but I am absolutely for sale.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #1142 on: April 17, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 533 v2 is still in production? I see it's on sale at Tactics in some colorways and I definitely want to scoop a pair if they're getting phased out or something. Still in search of the perfect cupsole shoe for my wide and achy feet ever since they stopped making the Suciu 1.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1143 on: April 17, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 533 v2 is still in production? I see it's on sale at Tactics in some colorways and I definitely want to scoop a pair if they're getting phased out or something. Still in search of the perfect cupsole shoe for my wide and achy feet ever since they stopped making the Suciu 1.

They're still releasing new colorways so I don't think so...You can usually find older colorways on sale.

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
« Reply #1144 on: April 18, 2019, 11:56:46 AM »
Rothmeyer I don't know if you've seen me mention it before but I am absolutely for sale.

How much do you cost?  Like you can come over and do chores and shit at my house?  I have a robot vacuum so I'm kind of set on that front. 

rothdigga

« Reply #1145 on: April 18, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »

We're currently out booking Holiday 2019 533's with 2 colorways in that season so they're still in the line.  But I do know that people like these for wide feet and the 440's also work well for a wider foot, so either should work for you I would think. 

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #1146 on: April 18, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
I started skating another pair of 288s.

The love is still million dollar strong.

coneklr

« Reply #1147 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »
All of you guys that were looking for 868's, take a peek here https://thepremierstore.com/collections/footwear/new-balance-numeric  I noticed some crazy deals on them when looking for 420's

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1148 on: April 21, 2019, 11:44:58 AM »
Put in a few sessions on the 913s and holy hell the arch pain is ridiculous!

I'm coming off years of vulcs (vans, DC, Lakai, etc) so maybe my feet aren't used to having actual arch support?

It's crazy disruptive, I have to stop skating and just stand for a while so me feet can 'flatten out' - Is this a thing when switching to NB# :P?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1149 on: April 21, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »

I'm coming off years of vulcs (vans, DC, Lakai, etc) so maybe my feet aren't used to having actual arch support?

It's crazy disruptive, I have to stop skating and just stand for a while so me feet can 'flatten out' - Is this a thing when switching to NB# :P?
Do they maybe fit you a little small or snug?
Arch pain is really common for an improper fit if that happens to be the case.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TooManyPros

« Reply #1150 on: April 21, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Do they maybe fit you a little small or snug?
Arch pain is really common for an improper fit if that happens to be the case.

They feel great length and width, certainly not snug by any means. I wore them around before skating to break them in, no issues at all. The pain only comes from skating in them.

Swapping to some flat ass vans and no pain.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1151 on: April 21, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »

I had this when I skated the 533’s at first. I swapped the insoles out for Lunarlons and they were fine. I also had to do this on my work boots. I think it comes from not wearing shoes with arch support for so long.
Currently skating 255’s and I haven’t had this problem.

TooManyPros

« Reply #1152 on: April 21, 2019, 04:13:55 PM »
The 913 insoles are just flat foam, no contour at all, so the shoe appears to be doing all the work.

I'm going to stick it out for a few more sessions.

TooManyPros

« Reply #1153 on: April 29, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
The 913 insoles are just flat foam, no contour at all, so the shoe appears to be doing all the work.

Gave them a few more sessions and the last session my feet only hurt briefly but I had to loosen them so much I was swimming around in them. Hopefully they fully break in or I might have to toss them.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #1154 on: April 30, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »

typically, you want the "shoe" to do all the work and not the insole
hardly art, hardly starving

cockrabbit

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1155 on: April 30, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »
im ready for that 288s to drop, anybdy seen those yet?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1156 on: April 30, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah. I always thought the crazy insole tech was to hide the fact the shoes are bad. Like pump out thin shoes for cheep put a decent insole so the bad shoe feels good instead of making a more costly good shoe. Because to me it seemed as thin  vulcs  became popular insole tech grew to compensate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1157 on: April 30, 2019, 11:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed, this is how most athletic shoes are designed (running/lifting, etc).

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #1158 on: April 30, 2019, 02:13:17 PM »

I got some of those Evergreen/Sea Salt 288s right now.. just been walking around breaking em in. But my favorite pair of NBs for sure.

Only problem is they run really big. I normally wear an 8 but need to size down to a 7.5 for these and most shops don't stock that small of sizes :(

Rothmeyer, am I doomed to search sale racks for 7.5s?
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1159 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
been skating vans exclusively for a while now, just got some 440's and i was skeptical but honestly they are the most comfortable shoes ive had in a very long time. like little clouds giving soft kisses to my feet.

havent skated them yet, but it looks like there is a good amount of stitching on the toes so they will probably hold up decently. nice suede too.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1160 on: May 01, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
I'm interested in trying some New Balance, but I worry about sizing.

I wear 11.5 in Vans...is there a rundown of the size equivalencies? Reading through here I've seen a fairly wide range of "size up/size down"...

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1161 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »

I wear 11.5 in Vans...is there a rundown of the size equivalencies? Reading through here I've seen a fairly wide range of "size up/size down"...

213’s run a half size big, they have the Nike blazer bottoms and I’m a big fan of those.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1162 on: May 01, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »
288s feel great on and while skating but the lack of breathability make my feet really stinky  :)
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1163 on: May 01, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »

533V2s and 868's are true to size in my experience.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2019, 02:39:55 PM »

440s was true to size for me. Best shoe I think I’ve had. My only gripe is the 2 piece toe cause I busted the seems quick so I have to keep gluing the cloth back down

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2019, 02:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

440s was true to size for me. Best shoe I think I’ve had. My only gripe is the 2 piece toe cause I busted the seems quick so I have to keep gluing the cloth back down

hit the toe seams with super glue before you skate them. mine held up really well. 288's 533's, 440's, 813's all fit true to size for me.

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #1166 on: May 01, 2019, 04:01:48 PM »
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »
Damn, some killer info in here. Thanks!

rothdigga

« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got some of those Evergreen/Sea Salt 288s right now.. just been walking around breaking em in. But my favorite pair of NBs for sure.

Only problem is they run really big. I normally wear an 8 but need to size down to a 7.5 for these and most shops don't stock that small of sizes :(

Rothmeyer, am I doomed to search sale racks for 7.5s?

Oh man, 7.5 is definitely NOT one of the main sizes that stores stock sadly.  I know this because when I'm doing all of the totals for the season buy, that's one of the lower ones.  You should be able to find some deals online for a 7.5 but finding that size in stores might be tough. 

rothdigga

« Reply #1169 on: May 01, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!
Not to talk you out of buying a shoe, but I would hesitate to say that 379's are a "wide" shoe.  They may be a tad wider than other shoes, but they're going to be snug across the top of your foot.  I just don't want you to order some shoes to deliver overseas and be bummed. 
For a truly wide shoe you can try the 2E width AM574 (mostly just online on our NB.com site) and on Zappos.  But for the straight up Numeric, the 440 is more wide than most, NM212's and 213's are both decent width (212's and 213's need 1/2 size down as they run large). 
Hope that helps a little bit.