Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798848 times)

Mongo Lloyd, Murray Hewitt and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4920 on: December 14, 2022, 12:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
All this 440 talk, when are them vegan joints dropping @rothdigga ?
[close]
Vegan 440's and another model won't hit until July 2023...should be worth the wait.  I'm planning on keeping those in the line once they hit as a carryover model so they should be readily available as a vegan option (one cup one vulc) for those that need them.  That's the goal on them.
Rothdigga is the real boss here! Will pay full retail for them in Japan (which will be pricey) just so you get paid son! Hope NB is giving you a nice Xmas bonus!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4921 on: December 14, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »
Anyone know what these are? 574 all coasts?

https://instagram.com/stories/lookbacklibrary/2992758957408014999?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edit: no idea if that link works. They're black gum but the sole around the toe doesn't look to flare up like a tiago

gotta be either allcoasts, unreleased 1010 color, or a sample
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #4922 on: December 14, 2022, 10:41:59 AM »
Expand Quote

https://instagram.com/stories/lookbacklibrary/2992758957408014999?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edit: no idea if that link works. They're black gum but the sole around the toe doesn't look to flare up like a tiago
[close]

They also look like they could be an unreleased 808 color?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4923 on: December 14, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah at first I thought either tiagos but the sole doesn't look quite right.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4924 on: December 14, 2022, 12:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah at first I thought either tiagos but the sole doesn't look quite right.
The inner toe cap looks like an AM574
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -494
« Reply #4925 on: December 14, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m sure he’s not getting a shoe, just colorways. That’s kinda wrong to pass over dudes like Jordan or Tom Knox that deserve a shoe more based on the work already put in for said brand…especially those two in particular.
[close]
While I think him getting a shoe isnt guaranteed bigger names joining a company and getting shoes before others who have been there longer is pretty common. P rod did it on Nike followed by koston. Foy and Tiago on nb too

He already said in a comment a few weeks ago that a signature model was coming. This was before the announcement but I think it’s pretty clear he’s getting a shoe after the village psychic interview. This dude was ready to hire Jeff mikut just to have a shoe he could skate regardless of sponsorship. I don’t think you start cutting up shoes and making phone calls to lead designers and not end up with a shoe.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4926 on: December 14, 2022, 02:05:05 PM »
Idk if this has been brought up before in this thread but is there any particular reason that now both Tiago's come with laces that are too short or just enough to get a single tie in them? I've had a pair of 1010s and now 808s and have ran into this. Idk why there's even those top lace holes, because with stock laces you're not getting the laces in them if your life depended on it.

Edit- anyone have a idea where to get similar thicker type laces but obviously longer length?
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

eSK3

« Reply #4927 on: December 14, 2022, 02:38:31 PM »
Idk if this has been brought up before in this thread but is there any particular reason that now both Tiago's come with laces that are too short or just enough to get a single tie in them? I've had a pair of 1010s and now 808s and have ran into this. Idk why there's even those top lace holes, because with stock laces you're not getting the laces in them if your life depended on it.

Edit- anyone have a idea where to get similar thicker type laces but obviously longer length?

That’s definitely a you issue and how your foot is shaped. I have no issue in lacing the 1010 or 808 to the top eyelet. Double knotting isn’t needed and actually looks hella gross but that’s just my opinion do you.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4928 on: December 14, 2022, 02:44:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s definitely a you issue and how your foot is shaped. I have no issue in lacing the 1010 or 808 to the top eyelet. Double knotting isn’t needed and actually looks hella gross but that’s just my opinion do you.

Damn and I don't even have huge feet, I only wear a size 10. Might have to look into dunk laces for myself I guess. They seem pretty similar to the Tiago laces.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #4929 on: December 14, 2022, 02:47:50 PM »
Just got both my 808 and 1010’s and can barely lace up on the second to last eyelet. So it’s an issue for me too. I also have odd shaped feet, so both squeeze my feet something fierce from the sides at the base of my toe line. I’m beginning to think I should have half sized up, but not really even convinced it would have helped.

Maybe I just have to break these in (something I believe to be the case for most shoes.

Weird “me” issues aside. These are maybe the most finely crafted shoes I’ve ever seen.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

eSK3

« Reply #4930 on: December 14, 2022, 02:53:09 PM »
They should “loosen” up and become more malleable. Don’t give up on them too soon.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4931 on: December 14, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »
Yeah I'm sure once I walk around in them and re-lace after a couple wears they'll be good to go. They're definitely some of the most comfortable shoes I've put on my feet.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4932 on: December 14, 2022, 04:55:41 PM »
Ok, I’ve modified the insole by cutting away the part that rides up the sides, and that’s provided some relief.

I have feet that majorly spill over the sides of the sole. Chode feet if you will.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4933 on: December 14, 2022, 07:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m sure he’s not getting a shoe, just colorways. That’s kinda wrong to pass over dudes like Jordan or Tom Knox that deserve a shoe more based on the work already put in for said brand…especially those two in particular.
[close]
While I think him getting a shoe isnt guaranteed bigger names joining a company and getting shoes before others who have been there longer is pretty common. P rod did it on Nike followed by koston. Foy and Tiago on nb too
[close]

He already said in a comment a few weeks ago that a signature model was coming. This was before the announcement but I think it’s pretty clear he’s getting a shoe after the village psychic interview. This dude was ready to hire Jeff mikut just to have a shoe he could skate regardless of sponsorship. I don’t think you start cutting up shoes and making phone calls to lead designers and not end up with a shoe.

Also who's to say if he does get a pro shoe that he'll be getting it before other who have been on longer?

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4934 on: December 14, 2022, 07:38:43 PM »
So after wearing them out tonight and just tightening up the laces a bit when I got home, the 808s already feel better and where I want them to be. Damn they feel so good and solid on feet.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #4935 on: December 14, 2022, 10:18:05 PM »
Ok, I’ve modified the insole by cutting away the part that rides up the sides, and that’s provided some relief.

I have feet that majorly spill over the sides of the sole. Chode feet if you will.
I was reusing some battered thin flat DC insoles in these for the same reason, but just tried your technique and it’s much better, thank you
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #4936 on: December 15, 2022, 12:01:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Who says Knox isn’t getting one?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4937 on: December 15, 2022, 05:37:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I was reusing some battered thin flat DC insoles in these for the same reason, but just tried your technique and it’s much better, thank you

Anytime! I’m gonna try wearing mine to work the next couple days and see if that’ll help break them in.

I’m really hoping I’m not going to have to do the heat gun method where I’m getting pressure points.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #4938 on: December 15, 2022, 06:00:42 AM »
440 high true to size? reference i wear a size 10 in crockett high's
good come sausage

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #4939 on: December 15, 2022, 06:10:53 AM »
Yes. 9 in both fit me perfect.

Get hungry on it!

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #4940 on: December 15, 2022, 08:10:47 AM »

yep.
hardly art, hardly starving

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4941 on: December 15, 2022, 10:13:34 AM »
For most, yes, but I would say the 440 run 0.5 small, as do many other NB# models. They could be TTS for you though.

I'm an 11 in Crocketts but needed an 11.5 (maybe even a 12) in 440s, Tiagos (both), 358, 288, 255.
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4942 on: December 15, 2022, 11:23:22 AM »
I run the same size, true to size, in 440, 508, and 1010, half size down in 272

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #4943 on: December 15, 2022, 11:40:06 AM »
For most, yes, but I would say the 440 run 0.5 small, as do many other NB# models. They could be TTS for you though.

I'm an 11 in Crocketts but needed an 11.5 (maybe even a 12) in 440s, Tiagos (both), 358, 288, 255.

I'll say this for me. I run 9.5 in Half Cabs and my son runs 10's. We both wear 9.5 in 440s.

I sized down to a pair of 9's in 440 and that was a huge mistake.  Sadly the 1010/808 Tiago's don't fit my heel at all.

Dr. Bussup

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4944 on: December 15, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »
Sick. Thanks. That’s what I was hoping for.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #4945 on: December 15, 2022, 12:14:46 PM »
Finally found the brown/black Tiago 1010s in a 10 & 10.5. Do they fit TTS ? I’m a 10.

IpathCats

« Reply #4946 on: December 15, 2022, 12:24:31 PM »
Finally found the brown/black Tiago 1010s in a 10 & 10.5. Do they fit TTS ? I’m a 10.

Overall i'd say tts. but the toebox is shallow, so take that into consideration. I'm kind of a small 10, but too big for 9.5. consider that as well.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4947 on: December 15, 2022, 12:32:15 PM »
Hmm I’m thinking I may have to sell mine, which has me feeling a tad gutted. My left foot really needs an 11 while my right foot is perfectly fine with 10.5.

Overall they feel more comfortable, but my big toe is hitting the inside of the toe box.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #4948 on: December 15, 2022, 12:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Overall i'd say tts. but the toebox is shallow, so take that into consideration. I'm kind of a small 10, but too big for 9.5. consider that as well.

Awesome thanks. I’ll go with the 10.5 based on that.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4949 on: December 15, 2022, 12:58:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your feet are also my feet. I am sorry you are also likely in perpetual sizing hell where nothing ever feels just right. I will say the best fitting shoes I have ever owned are some NB 993.