Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798867 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5970 on: June 30, 2023, 10:47:10 AM »
Those 480 look so sick. After copping some 1010s I will say I prefer this shoe over the 808. I haven't skated them so this is solely based on chilling. Much more comfy chill shoe.
For me is the opposite. Skated both but I prefer 808, 1010 is a great shoe nonetheless
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

nosteezeesq

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5971 on: July 01, 2023, 09:27:22 AM »
Anyone ever have an issue with 440’s footbed separating from the outsole? The rest of the shoe is still in pretty good condition

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5972 on: July 02, 2023, 02:50:53 PM »
574 vulc looks nice

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #5973 on: July 02, 2023, 07:05:52 PM »
Skated 440 highs with FP insoles daily for a week and my feet were in agony. I was on a trip so I couldn’t switch. Got back and swapped the FPs for G6 insoles and the difference was night and day. Skated today with no foot or leg soreness.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5974 on: July 03, 2023, 04:41:39 AM »
damn that 480 toe box shape looks perfect. NEED!

DanRar009

• Rep: 56
« Reply #5975 on: July 03, 2023, 08:23:10 AM »
Skated 440 highs with FP insoles daily for a week and my feet were in agony. I was on a trip so I couldn’t switch. Got back and swapped the FPs for G6 insoles and the difference was night and day. Skated today with no foot or leg soreness.

G6 insoles are amazing I’d also recommended the abzorb insole that comes in the Jamie foy shoe

woat

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5976 on: July 03, 2023, 07:56:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

G6 insoles are amazing I’d also recommended the abzorb insole that comes in the Jamie foy shoe

I skate the 440 and 440 high religiously and am in constant turmoil trying to find the perfect insoles to match the shoe and my foot type. I keep insoles from a lot of my old shoes from the last 5-10 years, as insane as it sounds it has helped so much when it comes to experimenting with what works.

Right now i am running some Nike SB insoles from a pair of PROD 3's and i think the common issue is that there is a lack of arch support in the regular NB insoles and the best alternative I had was the Tiago 1010. Am about to buy some FP insoles because I thought that would be the best option for impact protection, I would like to know what it is that felt so bad about them in the 440 and why the G6 is a better option

woat

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5977 on: July 03, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skate the 440 and 440 high religiously and am in constant turmoil trying to find the perfect insoles to match the shoe and my foot type. I keep insoles from a lot of my old shoes from the last 5-10 years, as insane as it sounds it has helped so much when it comes to experimenting with what works.

Right now i am running some Nike SB insoles from a pair of PROD 3's and i think the common issue is that there is a lack of arch support in the regular NB insoles and the best alternative I had was the Tiago 1010. Am about to buy some FP insoles because I thought that would be the best option for impact protection, I would like to know what it is that felt so bad about them in the 440 and why the G6 is a better option

EDIT: A worry I have with the G6 is that it would make my heel to high in the 440 low and mean my foot is more prone to slipping out the back of shoe.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5978 on: July 03, 2023, 08:14:22 PM »
I put the Jamie foy absorb insole in my 440 highs on Go Skate Day and it caused me so much heel pain that I’m still dealing with it today. It’s bearable now but man do I regret putting those insoles in. Using Dunk insoles now and so far so good

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #5979 on: July 03, 2023, 09:28:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

EDIT: A worry I have with the G6 is that it would make my heel to high in the 440 low and mean my foot is more prone to slipping out the back of shoe.

While the G6 didn’t really feel like it was going to do anything special when I tried them walking around my house, I noticed that my feet and legs were much more comfortable during and after skating than the FPs. G6 did not alter the heel lock or cause instability, and I tie my shoes pretty loose. While FPs can absorb shock, they’re hard as fuck and don’t provide any energy return. Pretty sure that’s why they made my feet so tired and sore - their only job is to deaden the energy from your feet. That might suite a big impact skater well though.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5980 on: July 03, 2023, 09:47:47 PM »
There's a reason no other shoe company uses the FP style foam...

And it's not anything to do with patents since we all know they ordered a bulk purchase on AliExpress.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5981 on: July 04, 2023, 08:36:36 AM »

And it's not anything to do with patents since we all know they ordered a bulk purchase on AliExpress.
hook me up with a link

YMCMB

• Rep: 49
« Reply #5982 on: July 04, 2023, 09:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
hook me up with a link
Yeah lets see.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #5983 on: July 04, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »
not an aliexpress link, but there was this post from an insole thread

Expand Quote
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/orange

^This or gamechangers? Kinda hate how fps start to disintegrate...

edit: tennis dudes thread with more info on insoles. some anecdotes about superfeet and footprints.
https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/the-best-insoles.573470/
[close]

I saw someone in that tennis thread refer to FPs as "ARTi-LAGE" so I looked it up.

I thought FPs were using some proprietary, patented formula but I guess they're actually just some random insole that anyone can buy in bulk.

https://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/maggie1117/product-detailPKpQSCAcXLWe/China-Arti-Lage-Insoles.html

elva

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5984 on: July 04, 2023, 02:45:20 PM »
Anyone ever have an issue with 440’s footbed separating from the outsole? The rest of the shoe is still in pretty good condition

I had this exact problem with the recent white/burgundy model. Got in touch with the store and they got a refund from NB. I hope they fix it for future batches. Good luck!

nosteezeesq

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5985 on: July 04, 2023, 03:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had this exact problem with the recent white/burgundy model. Got in touch with the store and they got a refund from NB. I hope they fix it for future batches. Good luck!

That's sick that you were able to get it refunded, unfortunately I picked mine up from 303 while on vacation so I likely wont have the same luck haha. I really loved the flick on them so maybe I'll just wait a few months for them to fix the issue before picking up another pair.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #5986 on: July 04, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's sick that you were able to get it refunded, unfortunately I picked mine up from 303 while on vacation so I likely wont have the same luck haha. I really loved the flick on them so maybe I'll just wait a few months for them to fix the issue before picking up another pair.

You should probably message @rothdigga some pics.
I’m sure if it’s a manufacturing defect, he’d sort it out for you.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5987 on: July 05, 2023, 04:50:52 AM »
Please NB# never stop making 808. Is the only shoe I can skate, even 1010 feel too close to the ground for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5988 on: July 05, 2023, 06:34:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
hook me up with a link

Someone posted it on here in the insole thread I think, I'd have to dig but if you search it could come up. It was a screenshot of the exact foam pattern/type of foam in a $1/set insole but there was a 1k or 10k pair minimum.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5989 on: July 05, 2023, 07:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
hook me up with a link
[close]

Someone posted it on here in the insole thread I think, I'd have to dig but if you search it could come up. It was a screenshot of the exact foam pattern/type of foam in a $1/set insole but there was a 1k or 10k pair minimum.
https://m.made-in-china.com/product/Arti-Lage-Insoles-732176385.html
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #5990 on: July 05, 2023, 08:55:31 AM »
I know there’s a couple other wide models coming out, but if NB could make a 1010 and 440 High for people with feet shaped like striploin steaks, instead of chicken drumsticks, that would be sweet. 

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #5991 on: July 05, 2023, 09:50:14 AM »
I know there’s a couple other wide models coming out, but if NB could make a 1010 and 440 High for people with feet shaped like striploin steaks, instead of chicken drumsticks, that would be sweet.

Man if 440s and 1010s aren't wide enough...

"Houston we have a problem!"
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #5992 on: July 05, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »
1010 is technically wide, but it’s like they put a mf golf ball under the arch so if you have flat feet they’re straight up painful to wear.

440 is wide in the forefoot, but so skinny in the midfoot.  Again, maybe not so bad if you have high arches, but a flat foot killer.

Clearly these models are selling great, and my foot shape places me in the vast minority.. but it’s a bummer that mostly all the cool/corpo shoe brands are formed this way.  Vans has a couple that work for me, but it’s slim pickings aside from that.  No offence to the core brand supporters, but there’s no way in hell I’m gonna rock any Soletech offerings.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5993 on: July 05, 2023, 10:52:13 AM »
440 is wide in the forefoot, but so skinny in the midfoot.  Again, maybe not so bad if you have high arches, but a flat foot killer.
I have very flat feet and the 440 high w/ superfeet insoles have been treating me well. However, I did experience arch pain whenever I skated the lows (stock insoles); typically pain would last 15-20 minutes while skating then it would go away. I don't experience any of that with the highs and find them to feel roomier even though the soles are identical. Something to do with the overall volume of the shoe? I dunno, but it's all I've been skating whenever I don't skate in vulcs
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 12:57:20 PM by notinternetfamous »

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5994 on: July 05, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »
I got some black leather 22's for rain chillers

They have a pretty round wide toe. Now have 212, 272, 22.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5995 on: July 05, 2023, 12:41:54 PM »
I have flat feet and the 1010 will feel weird for 10-20min if I haven't been skating them, but great after. It takes a bit of time to get used to the feeling.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5996 on: July 05, 2023, 02:17:00 PM »
I have full on duck flat wide feet and on my 7th pair of 1010's. I experience foot pain for the first 10 mins or so during my session. I used to keep my shoes loose and then only tie them tight when I get to the spot/skatepark. Ive learn that if I just tie them tight when I leave the house I dont get as bad foot pain when I start skating, I'm guessing it has something to do with blow flow since my pain is more of a throbbing pain and my foot is already adjusted to it by the time I skate. Either way my foot isnt best designed for the 1010's but that trick has seemed to help for me.

Also want to point out how the 1010 is in a league of its own, there really isnt a shoe (besides 808) that even comes close to the quality/protection of the 1010, there so good by default I have no choice but to skate them and Im okay with that haha

BigMurf

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5997 on: July 05, 2023, 03:39:25 PM »
I have full on duck flat wide feet and on my 7th pair of 1010's. I experience foot pain for the first 10 mins or so during my session. I used to keep my shoes loose and then only tie them tight when I get to the spot/skatepark. Ive learn that if I just tie them tight when I leave the house I dont get as bad foot pain when I start skating, I'm guessing it has something to do with blow flow since my pain is more of a throbbing pain and my foot is already adjusted to it by the time I skate. Either way my foot isnt best designed for the 1010's but that trick has seemed to help for me.

Also want to point out how the 1010 is in a league of its own, there really isnt a shoe (besides 808) that even comes close to the quality/protection of the 1010, there so good by default I have no choice but to skate them and Im okay with that haha

I had a pair of the first run of 1010s and just got another pair recently. I don't remember them feeling so crazy. Like someone else said, feels like standing on a golf ball. Figured since I'm still in the break-in window it would get better.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5998 on: July 05, 2023, 04:01:57 PM »
If the arch on the 1010 is too gnarly for you, putting the really thin insole from 440s in there helps alleviate that a bit.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5999 on: July 05, 2023, 04:06:44 PM »
If the arch on the 1010 is too gnarly for you, putting the really thin insole from 440s, or any other thin minimal insole without a pronounced arch like the one in the 1010s in there helps alleviate that a bit.