Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798864 times)

flintstagram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6090 on: July 25, 2023, 09:12:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Whoa

[close]

why they gotta do this to me

Luckily for me they’re a Rone collab, so they’ll be asking more than I’ll be willing to pay.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6091 on: July 25, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoa

[close]

why they gotta do this to me
[close]

Luckily for me they’re a Rone collab, so they’ll be asking more than I’ll be willing to pay.
Same. Probably $180 again

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6092 on: July 25, 2023, 10:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga just curious if there was a timeline you could divulge on any vegan options in the pipeline? maybe more 420s or i think it was 440s that were mentioned back in september?
[close]

Next batch won't sadly be until Summer 2023 for us.  Vegan 440 (it's a low) will be out around the same time as the next 420 colorway.
[close]
@rothdigga the vegan 440s and 272s are out now, what's up with the 420?
Sorry man, I thought we had one more 420 coming but the one we had slated for this Spring/Summer ended up not making it.  Apologies!

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6093 on: July 25, 2023, 11:27:57 AM »
I would never buy them, but it’s sick they are making these high end rone collabs.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #6094 on: July 25, 2023, 12:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga just curious if there was a timeline you could divulge on any vegan options in the pipeline? maybe more 420s or i think it was 440s that were mentioned back in september?
[close]

Next batch won't sadly be until Summer 2023 for us.  Vegan 440 (it's a low) will be out around the same time as the next 420 colorway.
[close]
@rothdigga the vegan 440s and 272s are out now, what's up with the 420?
[close]
Sorry man, I thought we had one more 420 coming but the one we had slated for this Spring/Summer ended up not making it.  Apologies!
It’s cool. Thanks for letting us know. I’m cool with stocking up on a couple pairs of the synthetic 440. Is the #420 discontinued? It’s one of my favorite shoes,  but anything synthetic that NB puts out is fine by me.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6095 on: July 25, 2023, 05:17:20 PM »
hey @rothdigga - i managed to get those Welcome 440s.  It's my first NB# since the first Arto and I gotta say, I'm a believer.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6096 on: July 25, 2023, 11:56:56 PM »
440 heads> just copped some black synth ones and while there is wiggle room for my toes, they still feel mad tight, do they loosen up a bit after breaking in? I feel like +0.5 size up would be too baggy from the get go…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #6097 on: July 26, 2023, 08:04:44 AM »
440 heads> just copped some black synth ones and while there is wiggle room for my toes, they still feel mad tight, do they loosen up a bit after breaking in? I feel like +0.5 size up would be too baggy from the get go…

in my experience (had numerous pairs of lows and highs) the lows are a little tight in the toebox at first, and after a little walking around/one session they break in nicely.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #6098 on: July 26, 2023, 08:11:28 AM »
Skated through my first pair of 440s (which I loved). Today been walking around in 508s to break them in a little. First skate sesh with them tomorrow, based on first impression gotta say I have a good feeling about these shoes (as well).

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6099 on: July 26, 2023, 09:14:19 AM »
Whoa

Make sure ya zoom in for that epi leather texture, shit looks nice.  Weird they're calling them Friends and Family but clearly are advertising a general release with the post.  Think I like these more too than the previous since they're more original vs the first being 100% the ALD 550s

rothdigga

« Reply #6100 on: July 26, 2023, 09:39:11 AM »
hey @rothdigga - i managed to get those Welcome 440s.  It's my first NB# since the first Arto and I gotta say, I'm a believer.

Amazing.  Thanks for trying them out!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6101 on: July 26, 2023, 11:43:43 AM »
I hated the 440 lows at first. Felt too tight, but they’ve broken in nicely and now I prefer them over the highs. Still, I’ll get 13.5 or 14 next time I buy them.

I wish NB# would slow down cause I can’t skate all these shoes. I want the purple and yellow ones too 😍

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6102 on: July 26, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Whoa

[close]

Make sure ya zoom in for that epi leather texture, shit looks nice.  Weird they're calling them Friends and Family but clearly are advertising a general release with the post.  Think I like these more too than the previous since they're more original vs the first being 100% the ALD 550s
These are mad limited, not general release.
Get litty.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6103 on: July 26, 2023, 03:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Amazing.  Thanks for trying them out!

Been digging the shop 440s that I’ve seen.  Just a coincidence two in a short time or is that a mini-initiative?

michael

• Rep: 4
  • lurkallday
« Reply #6104 on: July 26, 2023, 08:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
808s are pretty close to the Reynolds g6. I can see why he likes em so much. Shoe is heavy in hand but I don’t feel it on foot. Went tts and they fit perfectly.
[close]

I’ve seen both tts and then not so much in different colorways of the 808. I got the white/black/teal and they fit tts for the most part. Toe box is a little tight for my liking, but it’s stretched a little wider now and that helps.

Ordered the grey days off of nb’s website and they fit too small. Width was good, but they’re a little short. Like I’d expect an 11.5 to be length wise. Nb only lets you order one pair of the grey days, and there are no returns. I wear a size 12, and can’t go up a half size, gotta go a full size, so most feel kind of screwed on that. I contacted them about it since they don’t fit, not that I changed my mind, and in the most professional manner they could they essentially told me ‘tough shit, you’re stuck with them.’

So I’m going to rock them and hope like hell they stretch out just a little bit over time.
[close]

Has anyone else found the 808 Gray Days to fit .5 too small? I wear a 12 in skate shoes and 12.5 in running shoes and I found a pair of 808 Gray Days in size 13 and I'm thinking of getting them. Unfortunately, there aren't any stores in my area where I can try on a pair. I have a wide foot, so I am thinking the size 13 might work.

Cheers
[close]
full retail ? over retail? thats my size as well, for some reassurance in if they dont work for you, maybe id take

Thanks everybody for the input, the size 13 arrived today and they fit good. I found them on sale at Brush Alley Skateshop in Michigan.

Cheers

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #6105 on: July 26, 2023, 10:05:25 PM »
Anyone on here tried Franky's shoe, the 417?
I am usually a 7.5 US and tried these in a 8, but they were way too big.

I'll wait for a more standard colors to come out.

But then I'll buy more 306's or the Reynold's or the Knox's instead.

Also, the 306 is one of NB#'s best shoes @rothdigga .... hope that's still in the lineup for a while.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #6106 on: July 27, 2023, 01:19:27 AM »

They do loosen up just the right amount as they break in, you can also bang them in the microwave to speed it up.

rothdigga

« Reply #6107 on: July 27, 2023, 09:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone on here tried Franky's shoe, the 417?
I am usually a 7.5 US and tried these in a 8, but they were way too big.
[close]

I'll wait for a more standard colors to come out.

But then I'll buy more 306's or the Reynold's or the Knox's instead.

Also, the 306 is one of NB#'s best shoes @rothdigga .... hope that's still in the lineup for a while.
No changes coming to that one in the foreseeable future my man.  You're safe.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #6108 on: July 28, 2023, 12:07:26 AM »
Skated through my first pair of 440s (which I loved). Today been walking around in 508s to break them in a little. First skate sesh with them tomorrow, based on first impression gotta say I have a good feeling about these shoes (as well).

Ok so as expected, the 508s are pretty fucking great. Break-in time is a bit longer as compared to the 440s (which needed close to zero of breaking in and felt instantly amazing), but is pretty short anyway, my shoes started to feel pretty perfect towards the tail end of my first session on them.

As expected as well, the 508 provides more support and impact protection as e.g. the 440 – the sole/insole felt amazing, the balls of my feet felt nice and protected. Plus the shoe is really comfortable. If there is a downside, it might present itself by way of a tiny bit less boardfeel that the 440 (the 508 feels a wee bit bulkier and stiff in the beginning), but nothing significant. The upsides complete destroy the (really marginal) downsides.

Overall, an amazing shoe.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6109 on: July 30, 2023, 05:36:38 AM »
Someone, talk me down from buying those purple 440H. I already have a few pairs and barely skate, and don’t wear them as chillers. So they’d be sitting for at least a year 😖

They’re so pretty though lol

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #6110 on: July 30, 2023, 05:58:41 AM »
Someone, talk me down from buying those purple 440H. I already have a few pairs and barely skate, and don’t wear them as chillers. So they’d be sitting for at least a year 😖

Whenever there is a 1010 colorway that seems just too good to pass up, if I wait a little while longer they release an ever better one, and at that point I still don’t have the need for new shoes.

So I say let it roll!
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6111 on: July 30, 2023, 06:02:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whenever there is a 1010 colorway that seems just too good to pass up, if I wait a little while longer they release an ever better one, and at that point I still don’t have the need for new shoes.

So I say let it roll!
That’s true. There always another colorway. Gonna just ignore my FOMO for now lol.

Bummer Vacation

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6112 on: July 30, 2023, 06:44:36 AM »
How do NB fit in comparison to Emerica? Like I wear a 10.5 in Emericas, should I size up or size down?

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6113 on: July 30, 2023, 09:14:19 AM »
How do NB fit in comparison to Emerica? Like I wear a 10.5 in Emericas, should I size up or size down?

In my experience, it depends on what model you’re looking at. For me personally, NB#is all over the place with their sizing. Great shoes though

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #6114 on: July 30, 2023, 09:37:18 AM »
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-tiago-lemos-1010/NM1010PW-D-105.html

This Tiago is 30% off on NB for $76 with free shipping, almost a full size run . I really liked this colorway so psyched to get them for cheap

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #6115 on: July 30, 2023, 10:39:05 AM »
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-tiago-lemos-1010/NM1010PW-D-105.html

This Tiago is 30% off on NB for $76 with free shipping, almost a full size run . I really liked this colorway so psyched to get them for cheap
Daaaaaaaaamn this one is so tempting... these are one of my favorite colorways of the 1010s too and my current pair are starting to wear down holes in the soles...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6116 on: July 31, 2023, 04:26:29 AM »

4th pair of 808 in a row, got this little chunk out of nowhere. Tried to glue back in with supeglue but the fix didn't lasted too long, any suggestions for this pals?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6117 on: July 31, 2023, 04:43:00 AM »

4th pair of 808 in a row, got this little chunk out of nowhere. Tried to glue back in with supeglue but the fix didn't lasted too long, any suggestions for this pals?
Looks like you just got a bad pair. But that shouldn’t affect how they skate.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6118 on: July 31, 2023, 05:23:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Looks like you just got a bad pair. But that shouldn’t affect how they skate.
0 issue regarding performance as you mention but is annoying to get this after 2 sessions.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #6119 on: July 31, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
for everyone asking about the 480 numeric, heard from my local they're dropping very soon (8/11)