Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 801268 times)

MusclesMarinara, Underpressureflips and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8280 on: January 19, 2024, 08:27:25 AM »

Snagged these a bit ago. Just a heads up, they fit more TTS than the other 272s

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8281 on: January 19, 2024, 08:50:17 AM »

Not into Vulcs but God damn those are sexy
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 839
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8282 on: January 19, 2024, 09:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not into Vulcs but God damn those are sexy
Same. I try to skate maybe 2 pairs of vulcs a year. Then I remember why I  don’t

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8283 on: January 19, 2024, 11:05:01 AM »
Just got some 808's. Anyone else find the laces are short af? 
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8284 on: January 19, 2024, 11:14:29 AM »
Not that bad but sure they could be a little longer
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8285 on: January 19, 2024, 11:28:01 AM »

They're a bit short especially if you lace them all the way up. I changed some longer flat laces on mine and they're much better.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 349
« Reply #8286 on: January 19, 2024, 11:50:17 AM »
i really wish shoe brands did the extra laces thing...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #8287 on: January 19, 2024, 12:38:03 PM »
What's interesting to me is that half of the NBs I've had came with extra laces while the other half didn't. My 1010s and Reynolds 480s both came with extra laces that were different colors. My 440 highs and 480 highs didn't. I wonder if it depends on the colorway or price point of the shoes? Either way, I don't mind it because I never rip laces and have tons of them stocked up.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8288 on: January 19, 2024, 12:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What's interesting to me is that half of the NBs I've had came with extra laces while the other half didn't. My 1010s and Reynolds 480s both came with extra laces that were different colors. My 440 highs and 480 highs didn't. I wonder if it depends on the colorway or price point of the shoes? Either way, I don't mind it because I never rip laces and have tons of them stocked up.
My 1010 didn't came with laces. Interesting.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #8289 on: January 19, 2024, 03:30:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, I'm also getting extra laces about half of the time. I believe my 1010 came with extras, but my 440s and 508s didn't. I've bought some old stock of discontinued models over the last year, and they all had extra laces, so maybe they've just gone cheap on us recently?

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #8290 on: January 19, 2024, 03:40:03 PM »

For a moment I thought you meant they came with no laces at all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 04:25:07 PM by Tiltmode Army Reservist »
RIP Ben Raemers

ridethegutter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #8291 on: January 19, 2024, 04:21:50 PM »
I have had 4 different colorways of the 1010’s. The only color that came with extra laces were the gray ones.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #8292 on: January 20, 2024, 12:57:29 AM »
I bet some peeps steal extra laces from the shoe boxes somewhere along the logistics chain.

devils acrobat

• Rep: 144
« Reply #8293 on: January 20, 2024, 03:08:37 AM »
Got me some 1010 recently and cant say I have ever worn a more comfortable shoe. Havent skated them so far but really looking forward.

actionhack

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8294 on: January 20, 2024, 03:18:52 AM »
I bet some peeps steal extra laces from the shoe boxes somewhere along the logistics chain.

I’ve bought every 1010 colorway. Most direct from NB. Only a handful of them have extra laces. Mostly the special releases.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8295 on: January 20, 2024, 09:35:37 PM »
3 weeks in with the 1010 and the suede used is something else. I drag hard on my kickflips and FS Flips but the suede is holding up with zero tears, I did apply super glue on the stitching and some Shoe Goo on the outsole but overall the shoe is holding up really well. If I gave up on kickflips I could see these lasting me a year of skating.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #8296 on: January 21, 2024, 02:56:49 AM »
i wish i found the perfect sizing in 1010s but no luck so far.

TTS they always fit tight at first but then seem to bag out (white leather with gum from a few years ago as well as the beef and brocc colorways) and half size down i feel like they are too small/ wouldn't ever start fitting plus i always have heel slip. bummer to give up on 1010s all together since i'd love to give some of my money to tiago.

anyway, i gave my slightly used pair to a homie and he is mind blown by how good they last him with just a lil superglue on the stitching. he been skating these heavily for  like 4 months now, so good for him at least!

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8297 on: January 21, 2024, 12:15:12 PM »
i wish i found the perfect sizing in 1010s but no luck so far.

TTS they always fit tight at first but then seem to bag out (white leather with gum from a few years ago as well as the beef and brocc colorways) and half size down i feel like they are too small/ wouldn't ever start fitting plus i always have heel slip. bummer to give up on 1010s all together since i'd love to give some of my money to tiago.

anyway, i gave my slightly used pair to a homie and he is mind blown by how good they last him with just a lil superglue on the stitching. he been skating these heavily for  like 4 months now, so good for him at least!

My experience with the 1010s has been similar. What I’ve found is that the mesh toe box fits better than the leather toe box. And my heel feels more locked in / sits lower with some colorways more than others. (Maybe NB# uses more than one factory, which leads to slight variances).

The white/green leather with mesh toe box and black suede with gum sole and mesh toe box are examples of drops that fit great.

The beef and broccoli fit terribly. I tried multiple sizes and couldn’t find one that worked.

I wish NB# would release a version 2 with more consistent sizing and with better heel lock.

Amocat

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8298 on: January 21, 2024, 01:10:33 PM »
For the 1010 I just got a pair, I have to do a heel lock lace on them and then they are fine, without that lacing though they definitely have a bit of heel slip without some crazy thick socks.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #8299 on: January 22, 2024, 05:47:18 AM »
ha so not only my problem with that i see.

Had the first colorway all black with the gray and they ran a full size smaller than the mariano colorway of the first drop too. even depending on the material there might be variance in fit, i understand but 1010s fit all over the place for me.

and the thing is i don't wanna lace them too tight, just can't look down on that.

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8300 on: January 22, 2024, 10:12:55 AM »

Had the first colorway all black with the gray and they ran a full size smaller than the mariano colorway of the first drop too. even depending on the material there might be variance in fit, i understand but 1010s fit all over the place for me.

and the thing is i don't wanna lace them too tight, just can't look down on that.

Totally agree. The 1010s beg to worn exactly how Tiago wears them. Loose with your pant legs behind the tongue. Call me vain or OCD, but I can’t stand looking down at my feet when the laces are cinched down tight.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8301 on: January 22, 2024, 10:45:04 AM »
Looks like some shops have received their 440 V2 shipments. Very excited to try the high tops, I've skated 10 pairs of 1010's in a row and its time for something new!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8302 on: January 22, 2024, 11:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Totally agree. The 1010s beg to worn exactly how Tiago wears them. Loose with your pant legs behind the tongue. Call me vain or OCD, but I can’t stand looking down at my feet when the laces are cinched down tight.
The way Reynolds chokes them makes them look like an entirely different model.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 349
« Reply #8303 on: January 22, 2024, 11:15:49 AM »
So I've been skating the 1010's for over a year now. I've had about 8-9 pairs and I love em. I got the 808s but realized they're too bulky compared to the 1010's but make a great daily shoe. I wanted to try something different and got the 425's to try something different. A bit too slim/non supportive for me. I'll continue to the stick with the 1010s for as long as they make em!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #8304 on: January 22, 2024, 11:44:48 AM »
Looks like some shops have received their 440 V2 shipments. Very excited to try the high tops, I've skated 10 pairs of 1010's in a row and its time for something new!
here's a pretty comprehensive overview of the changes for v2: "we’ve updated the 440 to have a slightly taller toe cap, which moves the stitching out of the high wear areas, we’ve added tack down stitches on the eyerow in the Ollie zone, adjusted the last to have the shoe sit flatter and also round out the toe. Internally we’ve updated the foam in the midsole heel wedge to a more modern Abzorb and also changed to an EVA lasting board. Those internal changes coupled with a new Ortholite insert make for a much more comfortable and supportive underfoot experience without adding too much bulk. Finishing off the new 440v2, we’ve updated the quarter logo branding to match some of the more modern lifestyle models"
taken from https://www.boardsportsource.com/new-balance-ss24-skate-footwear-preview/

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8305 on: January 22, 2024, 02:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
a new Ortholite insert

nice, nice

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8306 on: January 22, 2024, 02:33:50 PM »
Gotta admit the BIG N without the back/double N layers is much better, and less Dad shoe, looking.

Smart branding move.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -21
« Reply #8307 on: January 22, 2024, 03:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know of at least one shop that snags the extra laces and sells them separately

grassblade

« Reply #8308 on: January 22, 2024, 03:23:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I know of at least one shop that snags the extra laces and sells them separately

name and shame them. fuck that shit

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #8309 on: January 22, 2024, 05:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

name and shame them. fuck that shit
^^
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.