Author Topic: What was your setup, on your best day?  (Read 5013 times)

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: What was your setup, on your best day?
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2020, 01:28:12 AM »
i think my current set up is it...

Real Ishod twin tail 8.3
Thunder 148 Hollow lights - with forged baseplate - thunder hard bushings
Spitfire classic 53mm 99a
bones swiss
mob

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2020, 04:45:38 AM »

Real Ishod twin tail 8.3
bones swiss
mob
So your liking the twin tail alot? I really want to try one.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2020, 06:03:47 AM »
Expand Quote

Real Ishod twin tail 8.3
bones swiss
mob
[close]

Yeah so far its the best...could also just be the 8.3 size and WB...ill find out after this deck is done...I doubt ill find another until the next release.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2020, 06:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Real Ishod twin tail 8.3
bones swiss
mob
[close]
[close]

Yeah so far its the best...could also just be the 8.3 size and WB...ill find out after this deck is done...I doubt ill find another until the next release.
Thanks, I didn't know they were so hard to find. I posted up in the Dlx thread looking for help finding one in 8 or 8.1. I can only find them on the evil empire websites.. >:(

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »
Expand Quote
The last day I remember feeling super good and comfortable on my board was:
8.5 bacon
Thunder raws 149
Spitfire 53 radials
Olympia bearings

I also fucked my ankle up on a tre on this set up and my ankle hurts doing kick flips now. Afraid to try tres now. But I switched to a smaller set up and last I skated I did a few kick flips with no ankle pain. So that’s cool.
[close]

What happened with the botched tre? On flat?

I've never had them but a lot of people seem to hurt their ankles doing them.

Yeah just on flat. It’s like my front foot never leveled out and stayed perpendicular to the ground and my weight cane down on it. Like I still won’t try to do a tre now. Shit got me shook

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »
8.25" Polar
148 Hollow Lights
52mm Tablets
Mob
Allen bolts
Bones Swiss

I've started to get this... in between sizes thing with trucks.
So i'm rocking 147s now. For those who watch TheNineClub, Kelly had gotten advice from Shane O'Neill to go for the 147 over 148s, and I actually believe its something to it

What's the advantage?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »
In the Rowley Nine club he says "you should skate the same size as your best day of skating" or something like that. I remember my best day ever skating and it was a 7.5 deck 5.0 Ventures and 44mm wheels, and white etnies. I know I dont skate that now.  Anyhow It has me thinking, do any of you guys go by that theory? If so what is it?

I’ve heard that you should always dress in what makes”you” feel your best, or most confident. I know that seems like such an obvious thing but I’ve def caught myself saying why the hell am I trying to wear these pants, shoes etc. as I’ve gotten older I certainly think what makes me feel best is NOT what I did when I was 16, my board is always an 8.5 now andy trucks are looser.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
In the Rowley Nine club he says "you should skate the same size as your best day of skating" or something like that. I remember my best day ever skating and it was a 7.5 deck 5.0 Ventures and 44mm wheels, and white etnies. I know I dont skate that now.  Anyhow It has me thinking, do any of you guys go by that theory? If so what is it?
[close]

I’ve heard that you should always dress in what makes”you” feel your best, or most confident. I know that seems like such an obvious thing but I’ve def caught myself saying why the hell am I trying to wear these pants, shoes etc. as I’ve gotten older I certainly think what makes me feel best is NOT what I did when I was 16, my board is always an 8.5 now andy trucks are looser.
My trucks are looser than andy's for the record..but I think thats 100% true for the clothes with everything, not just skating.

JamesFardy

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2020, 07:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
My trucks are looser than andy's for the record..but I think thats 100% true for the clothes with everything, not just skating.

I didn’t catch that hahah, for the record my name IS Andy hahaha

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2020, 07:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I didn’t catch that hahah, for the record my name IS Andy hahaha
Ha! Well in that case Andy, I will now admit that I don't even ride loose trucks..I apologize for lying to you.

JamesFardy

« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »
You are forgiven. Also. I agree I think this applies to like everything.

Adriii

• Rep: 1
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
Girl 8.25
indy standarts 149
oj 54mm
mob
lakai griffin