Author Topic: Funny Myspace/Live Journal Pictures  (Read 1435634 times)

89-90pistons

Re: Funny Myspace/Live Journal Pictures
« Reply #4200 on: May 26, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »
Gothic people are worse than hippies. And I really fucking hate hippies.

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4201 on: May 26, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
definitely the new hippies

did you see the south park where cartman is trying to stop the hippy invasion? love that shit

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #4202 on: May 26, 2007, 09:02:13 AM »
At least I am big and man enough to stand up to those people who take other pictures from my space and make fun of them.

my hero :D

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4203 on: May 26, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »
definitely the new hippies

did you see the south park where cartman is trying to stop the hippy invasion? love that shit
That episode was very satisfying.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #4204 on: May 26, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #4205 on: May 26, 2007, 10:24:45 AM »
ludwick van cockpire just cried to the mods. i would have maybe considered taking down the posts of his pics before reading the damp patch's posts. so what, the united forces of the undead and wutang clan bailed on you? here is an idea, fuck off

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4206 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »

YuNg MaNo

« Reply #4207 on: May 26, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
what a sad waste of life......raven just kill yourself bro  :-\

SapphireRavenLudwick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4208 on: May 26, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Never!!! I am not going to stop until this situation is taken care of. No matter how you go by posting the pictures with out people's permission your still breaking the copyright law. I have taken a few law classes to keep my work protected by copyrights. I know the laws and the rules. It's just like this you can not take a persons picture with out their consent. Don't you listen to the news people with cell phone are going against the copyright law as well by takeing pictures with out a persons consent. This also goes the same way with taking pictures from other people's profile's. You do not have the right to do this unless you have thier permission. Don't make me post every single copyright law on this forum..It's your call.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4209 on: May 26, 2007, 10:59:54 AM »

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #4210 on: May 26, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »
I would love to see the copyright laws. You've wasted enough space on our skateboard forum. Might as well back your bullshit up.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

YuNg MaNo

« Reply #4211 on: May 26, 2007, 11:05:36 AM »
Wow raven there is nothing you can do.....Even if the pics are removed...everyone still knows your a fag :-X

monster network

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4212 on: May 26, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »
getting poo-raped by a guy dressed as the crow with a rerun of ally mcbeal playing in the background doesn't make you perry mason

Mercy

« Reply #4213 on: May 26, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »
It's sad when people act like this. I could see maybe if people had permission to use the pics and maybe if it was done in good fun but its not. You guys don't have permission to use the pics. And ya i know this is the internet and this happens all the time but come on, do you have to lower yourselves to acting like this? Do any of you think of some of the consequences it might have. Ripping on people with no account for how they feel or how they will react to it has caused this world allot of problems Columbine,Virginia Tech., and various people who have lifetime problems because there picked on some even commit suicide in extreme cases. Ya that stuff happened in the real world not on the net. But the net still has an effect on people. I say  whoever runs this board should stop this thread.

SapphireRavenLudwick

« Reply #4214 on: May 26, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
    *  Creating original images from drawing and painting programs. The best way to obtain images is to create them in a drawing or other image creation program. In doing so, however, it is best to start from scratch rather than from someone else's creation. Even if an image is significantly altered, the new image may infringe upon the copyright in the first image by being a "derivative work."

* Taking images from third-parties. The simple rule is, "Don't steal someone else's images." The moment an original image (or string of text) is fixed on a hard drive for the first time, it is protected by copyright. Any unauthorized copying of a protected image is an infringement of the creator's copyright, unless the use falls within one of the very limited exceptions to the copyright law, such as "fair use." In most cases, it is unlikely that the incorporation of an image into a commercial web-site would be considered a fair use.

* Licensed images from the Internet. Some images, such as Microsoft's "Internet Explorer" logo, may be copied, but only if the would-be copier accepts the terms of a license defining the permissible uses of the image. Often such licenses provide that the copier cannot alter the appearance of the image in any way, and may use the image as a link only to certain designated sites. (An example of a logo license agreement can be found on MSNBC's web-site.)

* Clip-art Libraries Provided with Software. Other sources of licensed images include clip-art files, such as those provided with Claris Home Page, Microsoft Front Page, and Adobe PageMill software. Incorporating clip-art from these libraries into a page does not violate copyright law, as these images are licensed to the purchaser of the software for this purpose. To avoid liability, however, a webmaster must be careful to obey the terms of all applicable license agreements. For instance, the license may not allow a user to alter the images in any significant way.

* Free Images Off the Internet. Some web sites provide images that are for use by others. These images may be used in a web page, as long as the terms proposed by the image creator are followed. Typically, these sites only require that some type of credit is given to the author, including a link back to the author's site. However, there remains the possibility that the images were misappropriated at some point and were not original creations of the alleged author. In these cases, use of the images may infringe the copyright rights of the original author.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4215 on: May 26, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
hey, you're mum has the internet, neat.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #4216 on: May 26, 2007, 11:13:44 AM »
I can take as much as you dish out............Evermore
does anyone else read that and imagine that it's being said with a whisper, with pixie dust floating all over the place?

SapphireRavenLudwick

« Reply #4217 on: May 26, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »
Shall I continue or does it stop here.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4218 on: May 26, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »

is that what you say when finger banging whalegoth chicks?

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #4219 on: May 26, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

More wood Saphy more wood !

The fire's just getting started
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

SapphireRavenLudwick

« Reply #4220 on: May 26, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
 Don’t assume that if you credit the author there is no copyright infringement: a lot of people wrongly think that if they credit the author of an article or image they are not violating the copyright law. You can only use copyrighted material if you have explicit permission from the author to do so (or if you make fair use of it, as explained before).

Don’t copy material just because it does not show a copyright message: the Copyright Law required a copyright notice to protect works until 1977. In 1978, however, the law changed and abolished the requirement for copyright notice. This means that every published work (be it on paper or digital media) automatically gets copyright protection, whether expressed with a notice or not.

Don’t equate Creative Commons with “free for grab”: while Creative Commons licenses are less restrictive then standard copyright they should not be interpreted a “free for grab”. In order to understand what you can or can not do with Creative Commons material you should check what kind of license it is using. Certain licenses will require you to credit the original author, while others will require that you release any modifications of the document under the same license.

Don’t copy material just because you are not making a commercial use: while making commercial use of copyrighted material might make it easier for the author to claim damages against you the commercial use per se is not a requirement for copyright infringement. Even if you are not making a commercial use of the material you are still infringing the law if you do not have a permission from the author.

Don’t assume that if you remove the copyrighted material you will be out of trouble: a lot of people copy images and text around the Internet thinking that in the worst of the cases they will receive a take down notice from the author and remove the material from the website. The removal of the copyrighted material will not remove the copyright infringement at all. Should the author decide to go after you in count you will be in trouble all the same.

Don’t copy material just because you can’t find a copyright holder: the fact that a copyright holder can not be identified does not imply that the material can be freely copied. Similarly if you locate the copyright holder, email him asking permission and receive no answer back you would still be infringing the law if you use the material.

I will keep going until the situation is settled. Read it!!!! Read It Well.  Thier is more where that came from.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4221 on: May 26, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
hey, did you get permission from the author to repost that information you just cut and pasted?

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #4222 on: May 26, 2007, 11:27:52 AM »
intelligent zing!

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #4223 on: May 26, 2007, 11:30:53 AM »
And of course everyone's bothered to read that - ahhhh, not really just kidding.

Some valid points there Saphy, shame i skipped them, anyway, is this like bondage to you, it hurts and you don't like it but you're addicted to the shame and humiliation and can't stop coming back, good thing the "goth army" is here to protect you huh
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4224 on: May 26, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »

monster network

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4225 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:19 AM »
they don't want to mess up their make up or get their full length black leather jackets dirty. woofters

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4226 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:49 AM »
hey, did you get permission from the author to repost that information you just cut and pasted?
Copyright © 2007 Daily Blog Tips

haha

sebastian toombs

« Reply #4227 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:21 AM »

oh no, a GOP sweep of the state looms ahead!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4228 on: May 26, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »
Yeah, I have to cut some corners since I'm throwing 'em out quick 'n dirty, Bastien... hehe

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #4229 on: May 26, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
I believe satire is protected under the first amendment. This thread clearly falls under the definition of satire. Like the mods have already told you, you take the images down, you're hosting. Furthermore, why do you care what a bunch of skateboarders think of you? Toughen up. It's a hard world and there's more important battles to fight. And, to suggest someone may commit suicide as a result of this forum is ridiculous. Suicides are the result of mental health issues that would more than likely be present with or without bullying. I was bullied all through high school because I was the only skateboarder and I'm still here to call you on your nonsense. Please, take a step back and assess this whole confrontation. I think you'll find you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Once again, toughen up.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony