Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93133 times)

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1230 on: June 04, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »
It's crazy here in DC.  So many protests and people do not seem to care about congregating in large groups.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1231 on: June 04, 2020, 01:49:27 PM »
It's crazy here in DC.  So many protests and people do not seem to care about congregating in large groups.
at least now you'll have proof that there is no threat

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1232 on: June 04, 2020, 02:15:12 PM »
Our government agency is fully opening to the public in on June 15. Still no masks, disinfectant or gloves will be provided. Worse off, we're facing massive layoffs in a month. I'm just afraid that I'll miss out on that supplemental $600 a week when my time comes to file for unemployment.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1416
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1233 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
A family down the street had 2 kids get the kawasaki like syndrome. They were quarantined in the hospital for a month. Hopefully they're going to be alright.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1234 on: June 06, 2020, 11:04:01 PM »
A family down the street had 2 kids get the kawasaki like syndrome. They were quarantined in the hospital for a month. Hopefully they're going to be alright.
smells like bullshit to me

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1235 on: June 07, 2020, 07:22:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And the dead people? They’re faking, too?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Dont

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1236 on: June 07, 2020, 09:56:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Give it a rest dude

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1237 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Give it a rest dude
"2 kids down the street" from some anonymous messageboard poster allegedly got sick from a "syndrome" that's allegedly (though with no solid evidence) tied to a virus that has been wildly overreacted to.

i'll give it a rest when you guys give it a rest with this fucking bullshit, untill then your bitch ass scare tactic brainwashed nonsense will be met with pushback so it is not accepted as fact by peopel who aren't as stupid as you

Dont

« Reply #1238 on: June 07, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Give it a rest dude
[close]
"2 kids down the street" from some anonymous messageboard poster allegedly got sick from a "syndrome" that's allegedly (though with no solid evidence) tied to a virus that has been wildly overreacted to.

i'll give it a rest when you guys give it a rest with this fucking bullshit, untill then your bitch ass scare tactic brainwashed nonsense will be met with pushback so it is not accepted as fact by peopel who aren't as stupid as you

😂 ok, this debate has gone too far. If you have an issue with the “brainwash nonsense” please take it up with the frontline workers that have seen the irl repercussions. I’m sure they will appreciate your well wishes.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1484
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1239 on: June 07, 2020, 10:41:06 AM »
I like to read his responses for a laugh.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1240 on: June 07, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
I got tested at work Friday night. Had results Saturday. They said we should test at least once a month even if we aren’t feeling sick. I was scared as fuck about the test since everyone said it hurt, but it didn’t hurt at all, just weird pressure.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1241 on: June 07, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »
push a false narrative then when its' challenged you pivot to belittling the source of the informed opposition

you are employing scientology tactics

Dont

« Reply #1242 on: June 07, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »
push a false narrative then when its' challenged you pivot to belittling the source of the informed opposition

you are employing scientology tactics

The irony of thinking that I am belittling you when you are persistently belittling everyone who has died or is at high risk shows that you are never going to understand. Time to use your energy elsewhere.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 641
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1243 on: June 07, 2020, 11:34:18 AM »
We are slowly reopening but people aren't being too dumb so our cases keep going down which is great. But, the schools and day cares are still closed and my job is online until at least Jan.

I am worried about the protests in the States though. It is strange, I'd like to see change come from the protests but masks or not I worry about the safety of everyone at the protests. And, I really wonder what happens when everyone goes back to school in the fall. Students spread disease like crazy.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1244 on: June 07, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »
I am worried about the protests in the States though. It is strange, I'd like to see change come from the protests but masks or not I worry about the safety of everyone at the protests.
no need to worry when the numbers are readily available:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/minnesota

the protests and ensuing riots started 13 days ago and % pos cases are still trending aggressively downward despite more testing than ever.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1245 on: June 07, 2020, 12:12:13 PM »
Actually, the number of daily positive tests is remaining relatively constant. The percentage of positive results is decreasing due to the increase in total daily tests. And with a 1-14 day incubation period, it’s too early to draw any conclusions.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1246 on: June 07, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »
Actually, the number of daily positive tests is remaining relatively constant. The percentage of positive results is decreasing due to the increase in total daily tests. And with a 1-14 day incubation period, it’s too early to draw any conclusions.
the protests and ensuing riots started 13 days ago and % pos cases are still trending aggressively downward despite more testing than ever.
this is the brain damage i've been referring to at work

no reading comprehension and refusal to accept non-fatalist news that directly contradicts your fear monger rhetoric

keep in mind that this is from the oldest and most respected research university in america. it's just not "science" enough i guess  ::)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 12:21:50 PM by Buck Russell »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1247 on: June 07, 2020, 12:30:01 PM »
Yes, but you are misunderstanding me. I looked at the site you posted. The number of new positive daily tests is holding steady. The number of total tests per day is increasing. Therefore, the percentage of positive daily tests is decreasing. Thus, the downward trend in the 7 day moving average percentage of positive cases is because the number of daily tests is increasing, not because the number of positive daily tests are decreasing (because they appear relatively constant). Do you even stats, bro?

And yes, the protests started 13 days ago. Therefore, with a 1-14 day incubation time, the upper limit estimate states individuals infected on the first day of the protests may currently remain asymptomatic.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1248 on: June 07, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
this is the brain damage i've been referring to at work

no reading comprehension and refusal to accept non-fatalist news that directly contradicts your fear monger rhetoric

keep in mind that this is from the oldest and most respected research university in america. it's just not "science" enough i guess  ::)

Are you a Walmart greeter or the guy who collects the carts?

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #1249 on: June 07, 2020, 12:48:22 PM »
Yes, but you are misunderstanding me. I looked at the site you posted. The number of new positive daily tests is holding steady. The number of total tests per day is increasing. Therefore, the percentage of positive daily tests is decreasing. Thus, the downward trend in the 7 day moving average percentage of positive cases is because the number of daily tests is increasing, not because the number of positive daily tests are decreasing (because they appear relatively constant). Do you even stats, bro?

And yes, the protests started 13 days ago. Therefore, with a 1-14 day incubation time, the upper limit estimate states individuals infected on the first day of the protests may currently remain asymptomatic.

Didnt read Corona is FAKE

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1250 on: June 07, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Didnt read Corona is FAKE

Lol waddup homie.

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #1251 on: June 07, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
not much just relishing the fact that i don't have to make up excuses for why im sitting inside all day

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1252 on: June 07, 2020, 02:35:34 PM »
I looked at the site you posted. The number of new positive daily tests is holding steady. The number of total tests per day is increasing. Therefore, the percentage of positive daily tests is decreasing. Thus, the downward trend in the 7 day moving average percentage of positive cases is because the number of daily tests is increasing, not because the number of positive daily tests are decreasing (because they appear relatively constant). Do you even stats, bro?

yes, more tests overall to find the same amount of positive cases means it is becoming harder to find aka its going away.

thank you. gald you finally got there!

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1253 on: June 07, 2020, 02:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I looked at the site you posted. The number of new positive daily tests is holding steady. The number of total tests per day is increasing. Therefore, the percentage of positive daily tests is decreasing. Thus, the downward trend in the 7 day moving average percentage of positive cases is because the number of daily tests is increasing, not because the number of positive daily tests are decreasing (because they appear relatively constant). Do you even stats, bro?
[close]

yes, more tests overall to find the same amount of positive cases means it is becoming harder to find aka its going away.

No, it means the number of new cases is remaining nearly constant.

I invite you to contact them with both of our interpretations of the graph.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #1254 on: June 07, 2020, 03:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“Becoming harder to find”
You are just the most doo doo ass poster on here.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1255 on: June 07, 2020, 05:24:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it actually means the number of positive tests remains nearly constant (also means number of negative tests is growing) but i'm not going to even try to present the concept of multiple positive tests comign from the same person

you're clearly struggling as it is

i'm glad you're on record being this ignorant though. maybe it's good that some of you are this easy to fool

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1256 on: June 07, 2020, 06:02:17 PM »
But you do not consider multiple negative tests coming from the same person? You are trying to invalidate the data you presented me. Weird move.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1512
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1257 on: June 08, 2020, 12:26:49 AM »
Slovenia has been without new cases for a week or more, and now there are some isolated cases popping up again. These cases are then quarantined, but everything else has been reopened basically.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1258 on: June 08, 2020, 08:24:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
it actually means the number of positive tests remains nearly constant (also means number of negative tests is growing) but i'm not going to even try to present the concept of multiple positive tests comign from the same person

you're clearly struggling as it is

i'm glad you're on record being this ignorant though. maybe it's good that some of you are this easy to fool

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/covidview-06-05-2020.pdf

Some fun facts from the CDC.

The percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, continue to decline or remain stable at low levels.
Mortality attributed to COVID-19 also decreased compared to last week but remains elevated above baseline and may increase as additional death certificates are processed.
o Nationally, visits to outpatient providers and emergency departments (EDs) for illnesses with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 continued to decline or remain stable at low levels. Outpatient ILI visits are below baseline nationally and in all regions of the country.  The decrease in the percentage of people presenting for care with ILI and CLI may be due to a decline in COVID-19 illness, which could be in part a result of widespread adoption of social distancing, in addition to decreases in healthcare seeking behavior.

Nationally, the percentages of laboratory specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 with a molecular assay decreased compared to last week; however, there are two developments in particular worth noting: 
1 – The percent positivity increased in four HHS surveillance regions: Region 4 (the southeast), Region 6 (the south central), Region 9 (the west coast) and Region 10 (the Pacific northwest).
2 - While the number of specimens from children <18 years of age tested is low (<5% of all specimens tested in public health and commercial laboratories), the percentage testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 in this age group continued to either trend upward or remain relatively stable while other age groups have seen consistent declines in percent positivity in recent weeks.

And some race related findings:
Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons have a (hospitalization) rate approximately 5 times that of non-Hispanic White persons, non-Hispanic Black persons have a rate approximately 4.5 times that of non-Hispanic White persons, while Hispanic or Latino persons have a rate approximately 3.5 times that of non-Hispanic White persons.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1259 on: June 08, 2020, 12:06:11 PM »
it's officially a wrap so you guys are gonna need to cle4an your shit up and get out of here:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE
Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

to translate: nobody is getting sick from teh protests so we better start telling the truth before they come for us
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:14:30 PM by Buck Russell »