Author Topic: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..  (Read 78750 times)

veritas

Re: Curren Caples and Jake Anderson on..
« Reply #540 on: August 19, 2023, 11:21:28 AM »
These the replacements for nak and tj??

Jake reminds me of Steven crowder.

When you put it like this it sounds even worse, replacing classic riders with two generic white bread Cali bros. It’s a matter of time until Dill gentrifies Hockey with Jagger Eaton and one of the McClungs

manuduncan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #541 on: August 19, 2023, 11:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When you put it like this it sounds even worse, replacing classic riders with two generic white bread Cali bros. It’s a matter of time until Dill gentrifies Hockey with Jagger Eaton and one of the McClungs

i dunno man obviously losing TJ is a big loss but both curren and jakes most recent parts are way better than anything nak has ever put out imo

and if curren and jake can be a little bit more productive footage wise than tj and nak then it's gonna be an improvement overall

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #542 on: August 19, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »
bout fuckin time what the fuck. took em forever, slap knew for months. took forever just to sort through the perfect childhood pick to slap over the cringe logo. shits weird n wack. it is what it is. i'm convinced all yall come here whn drunk because the thoughts flow freely and structure is un-needed. salute

- lil b

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

GB530

• Rep: -10
« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2023, 12:34:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Huge upgrade on sean & sage....I like Sage's skating, but we not gonna see much from him unless it's a Converse edit
[close]

Is Sean and sage off? I also liked sages skating but isn’t he pretty successful doing his music? Maybe he bowed out and rather peruse music. Idk. Sean is def some fat that needs trimmed

Def not, was just in nyc store they selling sage and sean boards

LebowskisRug

« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2023, 12:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i dunno man obviously losing TJ is a big loss but both curren and jakes most recent parts are way better than anything nak has ever put out imo

and if curren and jake can be a little bit more productive footage wise than tj and nak then it's gonna be an improvement overall

I don't think Dill has ever gone for productivity, but those riders all rode for FA and Supreme since they were kids. It wasn't always about them bringing home the biggest hammers it was Dill trying to promote a focus on people going out and skating in a hectic urban environment in a way that was counter to the post Fully Flared era where there was a lot of footage coming out that lacked such a stylistic focus. Not just on the way tricks were done, but where, how the spots looked on film, the clothes, the boards, etc.

It always felt a bit contrived and exploitative in a way, but it was at least coherent and cohesive. Now FA feels like there isn't really cohesiveness and its becoming a modern World camp in a way. The edginess has become a bit stale and corny, the young ones have grown up and moved on, and its time to shift focus and take the brand to its 2.0, which has started with Louie and now these 2 for a kinda boring LA/So Cal focus on slightly different hammers.

Baglady

• Rep: -202
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2023, 02:38:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think Dill has ever gone for productivity, but those riders all rode for FA and Supreme since they were kids. It wasn't always about them bringing home the biggest hammers it was Dill trying to promote a focus on people going out and skating in a hectic urban environment in a way that was counter to the post Fully Flared era where there was a lot of footage coming out that lacked such a stylistic focus. Not just on the way tricks were done, but where, how the spots looked on film, the clothes, the boards, etc.

It always felt a bit contrived and exploitative in a way, but it was at least coherent and cohesive. Now FA feels like there isn't really cohesiveness and its becoming a modern World camp in a way. The edginess has become a bit stale and corny, the young ones have grown up and moved on, and its time to shift focus and take the brand to its 2.0, which has started with Louie and now these 2 for a kinda boring LA/So Cal focus on slightly different hammers.

So is you saying Diego is deliberately taking spills for dills thrills.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #546 on: August 19, 2023, 03:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think this is more about keeping Louie after losing Tyshawn and Nak. Wasn’t Nakel in charge of who was getting on? They really only ever had Tyshawn as an nyc dude anyway the rest of the team was all SoCal based from day one they’ve been a SoCal focused skate brand pretending to be a nyc brand is more accurate.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #547 on: August 19, 2023, 09:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think this is more about keeping Louie after losing Tyshawn and Nak. Wasn’t Nakel in charge of who was getting on? They really only ever had Tyshawn as an nyc dude anyway the rest of the team was all SoCal based from day one they’ve been a SoCal focused skate brand pretending to be a nyc brand is more accurate.

Yah don't get me wrong I don't love the brand or anything. But I was just thinking of the earlier days when they made it seem like the kids all skated downtown NYC or Philly daily

sparklingrainwater

• Rep: -2
« Reply #548 on: August 19, 2023, 10:15:54 PM »
Dill better be making a video

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #549 on: August 19, 2023, 10:42:06 PM »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
« Reply #550 on: August 20, 2023, 12:33:13 AM »
They don't have a signature board. If you wanna have longevity, you gotta hav a signature board. Think baker, antihro, girl, real. Logo boards. FA don't have this.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2023, 04:15:14 AM »
They don't have a signature board. If you wanna have longevity, you gotta hav a signature board. Think baker, antihro, girl, real. Logo boards. FA don't have this.

You gotta point there. Interestingly when they first came they did do a bit more with textures like the “embossed” all over FA print boards or the lenticular picture boards .I guess you could say the photo boards are their signature.

FA or hockey doing logo boards at this point would probably be a huge red flag for the state of the company though.

veritas

« Reply #552 on: August 20, 2023, 05:49:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You gotta point there. Interestingly when they first came they did do a bit more with textures like the “embossed” all over FA print boards or the lenticular picture boards .I guess you could say the photo boards are their signature.

FA or hockey doing logo boards at this point would probably be a huge red flag for the state of the company though.

The class photo and the Hockey mask decks have been their logo boards for a decade

LebowskisRug

« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2023, 07:56:55 AM »
I cannot understand why anyone would want to ride a class photo board. I can't think of many graphics I would go out of my way to avoid if the shape is right but that's near the top of the list.

moshandwallies

« Reply #554 on: August 20, 2023, 08:12:45 AM »
What about Polar? They don’t have a logo board and they seem doing fine. Kind of a stupid take.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 129
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2023, 08:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What about Polar? They don’t have a logo board and they seem doing fine. Kind of a stupid take.

This one has been brought back a few times:

For FA it would be those one color embossed boards.

Warmup

• Rep: -16
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2023, 08:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What about the circle logo that has every letter of the word polar in it?

moshandwallies

« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2023, 09:39:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
What about the circle logo that has every letter of the word polar in it?
They don’t make boards with just that tho. That’s their logo but they don’t make plain boards with that.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2023, 03:22:06 PM »
It's like when Malto got on Girl. Good skateboarder but it felt like meeehh.. Not that FA is my thing since I am to old for that brand. But this is not going to sell boards and image I think.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2023, 04:08:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The class photo and the Hockey mask decks have been their logo boards for a decade

True and I said that. I was going off more what op was talking about with girl or real or baker just a pure logo board. Which hockey and FA don’t have in their lines. And even the stuff like embossed boards and hockey mask graphic aren’t every season. Honestly I’ve always thought that was FAs problem unless you skating a photo board it’s hard to tell it’s even an FA board with most their graphics .

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2023, 05:26:41 PM »
Neither chocolate or girl do stand alone logo boards with out a riders name on it , do they? Krooked, frog, polar, passport, don't have stand alone logo boards on the regular either if at all

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
I would actually have been hyped if they were on Hockey instead, because Hockey makes good videos

creep3000

• Rep: 2
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2023, 10:56:45 PM »
I think Jake and Curren are a good fit.

FA is much better with out Nakel and Tyshawn.

A team that more about skateboarding. Hope Curren or Jake wont start to rap.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #563 on: August 21, 2023, 05:56:59 AM »
Neither chocolate or girl do stand alone logo boards with out a riders name on it , do they? Krooked, frog, polar, passport, don't have stand alone logo boards on the regular either if at all

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #564 on: August 21, 2023, 06:41:18 AM »
Is it official now?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 141
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #565 on: August 21, 2023, 11:10:40 AM »
Could have sworn I saw AA riding a 'baker' style board from Hockey a while back, which sent me on a google image witch hunt and reminded me that damn, Hockey graphics are great. Who needs logo boards when you have creativity. Didn't know how to feel about the brand when it first dropped but it just grows and grows on me.

Yeah. Benny Maglinao > Dill with design, aesthetics, etc.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 141
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #566 on: August 21, 2023, 11:14:49 AM »
I think Jake and Curren are a good fit.

FA is much better with out Nakel and Tyshawn.

A team that more about skateboarding. Hope Curren or Jake won’t start to rap playing music, modeling, hanging out with Harmony Korine in Miami, getting lost at gas stations and only Instagram posting park clips, getting into furniture making, riding for Supreme or their own clothing brand, dressing like Dylan Rieder, etc.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2023, 12:03:58 PM »
Dill said Hockey is the white FA, so now what is FA?

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #568 on: August 21, 2023, 01:12:26 PM »
FA is whack - dill is just buying talent at this point and losing any sort of identity that they had. I like the riders but seems like a really weird camp to be in.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #569 on: August 21, 2023, 01:13:21 PM »
Is it official now?

I'm still still waiting for Skate mental to say hop out the box and say GOTCHA! just wait! you'll see!