Author Topic: Philly scene  (Read 2685 times)

moshandwallies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Philly scene
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2024, 01:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Bump, headed to Philly for the first time next weekend. Gonna be solo dolo. Will I get vibed out not being a local at FDR? Should I roll up with a 6 pack to ease the tension as is customary (or so I've heard) about Burnside? Am I overthinking this?
[close]

You'll only get kooked at FDR if you show up to do kook activities like film a rap video in the deep ends of bowls or have a photo shoot with all the graffiti. Just show up, say a quick waddup to ppl, and skate and you won't get vibed out anywhere in the city

Well that’s a lie

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2024, 07:27:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bump, headed to Philly for the first time next weekend. Gonna be solo dolo. Will I get vibed out not being a local at FDR? Should I roll up with a 6 pack to ease the tension as is customary (or so I've heard) about Burnside? Am I overthinking this?
[close]

You'll only get kooked at FDR if you show up to do kook activities like film a rap video in the deep ends of bowls or have a photo shoot with all the graffiti. Just show up, say a quick waddup to ppl, and skate and you won't get vibed out anywhere in the city
[close]

Well that’s a lie

well that approach has worked for me in Philly and pretty much every other east coast city/skate scene I've been a part of. much better than doing too much and handing out beers to strangers to try and be accepted by locals that don't give a shit if you come bearing gifts or not

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2024, 03:30:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well that’s a lie
[close]

well that approach has worked for me in Philly and pretty much every other east coast city/skate scene I've been a part of. much better than doing too much and handing out beers to strangers to try and be accepted by locals that don't give a shit if you come bearing gifts or not

I also agree with the “just act like a normal person” approach to skateboarding in different places 

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2024, 03:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well that’s a lie
[close]

[close]

I also agree with the “just act like a normal person” approach to skateboarding in different places

I'm more of a "Hey let me waxx this for you" kinda guy. I like showing the locals that I care about the spot and want everybody to shr3d hard af

moshandwallies

• Rep: -2
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2024, 05:16:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well that’s a lie
[close]

Yeah I totally agree about the gifts I’m no Santa Claus lol

420beers

• Rep: 5
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2024, 05:59:23 AM »
staying in manayunk this weekend and was curious if those ledges at the basketball court on venice island are still skateable

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2024, 06:45:50 AM »
staying in manayunk this weekend and was curious if those ledges at the basketball court on venice island are still skateable

Kinda, they built pickle ball courts there that take up half the existing bball courts and last time I was there a couple of years ago it took up 3/4 of the main ledges.

Better off going to Roxborough Courts DIY that's also close to Manayunk, they've built a lot of cool shit there lately, hours of fun.