Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 108190 times)

Sona

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -82
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #450 on: May 05, 2020, 01:52:17 PM »
Flip Sorry had the best soundtrack of any skatevideo
~

ballintoohard

« Reply #451 on: May 05, 2020, 02:00:06 PM »
There was actually a Planet Money (I think) podcast about Nickelback's success despite being "the most hated rock band of all time). In the end it came down to the individual members of the band being really smart with their touring and song-writing. They paid good attention to what kind of shit white Americans liked to hear about and toured to low cost areas they could consistently sell tons of tickets in and once they had a foothold just wrote cheesy shit Nascar fans liked.

So their success has nothing to do with Nirvana.

Ultimate Bitch

« Reply #452 on: May 05, 2020, 07:45:52 PM »
what if you could kook/gnar individual posts. instead of people's accounts as a whole. idk. either way im gonna get kooked, fuck it. one day the world will understand, my promise to you is i will heal the world before i die, you save my words and you cry to this truth, as i type from basedworld
The people that can gnar or kook you are actually the kooks. Pal status is for nerds.  A negative rep means you are a free thinker and if you focus at Jr member you are a god.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #453 on: May 05, 2020, 08:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote
what if you could kook/gnar individual posts. instead of people's accounts as a whole. idk. either way im gonna get kooked, fuck it. one day the world will understand, my promise to you is i will heal the world before i die, you save my words and you cry to this truth, as i type from basedworld
[close]
The people that can gnar or kook you are actually the kooks. Pal status is for nerds.  A negative rep means you are a free thinker and if you focus at Jr member you are a god.

It’s way more core to focus and come back 20 different times

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #454 on: May 05, 2020, 08:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ultimate Bitch

« Reply #455 on: May 05, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It’s way more core to focus and come back 33 different times
Fixed

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #456 on: May 05, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
Skate twitter is chock full of dipshits. Some of them do good work, but theyre dipshits
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

LiveFromTheCreek

« Reply #457 on: May 05, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This but unironically

I'm on at least my 10th account rn

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #458 on: May 05, 2020, 11:25:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

This but unironically

I'm on at least my 10th account rn
thats the suck a frank guy avatar so im watching yall  8)
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #459 on: May 06, 2020, 01:34:14 AM »
I always thought greatly about heath and he was on par my favourite skater with reynolds.
But the other day i rewatched Emerica Wild Ride. And my opinion changed.
There he feels super obnoxious and douchy and full of him self while being a pain in the ass to alot of people.
His "interrogation" thing after avoiding his team mates is super childish and cringey.

Sona

• Rep: -82
« Reply #460 on: May 06, 2020, 01:57:29 AM »
Transworld Anthology is the best skatevideo of all time
~

BieberStance

« Reply #461 on: May 06, 2020, 04:47:55 AM »
Flip Sorry had the best soundtrack of any skatevideo

together with this is skateboarding

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #462 on: May 06, 2020, 06:26:37 AM »
I always thought greatly about heath and he was on par my favourite skater with reynolds.
There he feels super obnoxious and douchy and full of him self while being a pain in the ass to alot of people.
His "interrogation" thing after avoiding his team mates is super childish and cringey.
BamaHardy's story about Heath ascribed him to Marc Johnson status where I disavow all the cool shit I've seen him do in light of the real person he is hiding.

Straight up entitled prick

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #463 on: May 06, 2020, 06:38:10 AM »
I’ve always kind of felt the same way. Without hard evidence or anything. Just got a heavy dickhead vibe from the dude. He rules, but I don’t think I’d like hanging out with him or vice versa.

Ultimate Bitch

« Reply #464 on: May 06, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »
Heath Kookart

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #465 on: May 06, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
queef "dicklicker" Hoffart

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #466 on: May 06, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »
I don't like "shaped" decks including the newly resurfaced egg shapes.

I'm completely off them. I've had too many lately that were too weird and unskateable.

And I grew up skating in the 80s so this is a big revelation for me.

Saint Coke

« Reply #467 on: May 06, 2020, 09:32:01 AM »
I don't like "shaped" decks including the newly resurfaced egg shapes.

I'm completely off them. I've had too many lately that were too weird and unskateable.

And I grew up skating in the 80s so this is a big revelation for me.
switching things up is never a bad idea.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #468 on: May 06, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
BamaHardy's story about Heath ascribed him to Marc Johnson status where I disavow all the cool shit I've seen him do in light of the real person he is hiding.

Care to enlighten us on the subject? What exactly did he say?

BieberStance

« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2020, 10:43:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

there is a bunt podcast. its somewere here on the forum . i found it earlier so you can aswell.
Basically BamaHardy went for the first time to cali. was super happy and looking forward to meet his favourite pros. reynolds and heath.
he met them, got bullied big time and even ended um in hospital and wasn`t able to skate on the trip anymore because of heath.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #470 on: May 07, 2020, 12:01:27 AM »
Stranger Things is a dumb show.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #471 on: May 07, 2020, 12:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

there is a bunt podcast. its somewere here on the forum . i found it earlier so you can aswell.
Basically BamaHardy went for the first time to cali. was super happy and looking forward to meet his favourite pros. reynolds and heath.
he met them, got bullied big time and even ended um in hospital and wasn`t able to skate on the trip anymore because of heath.
Andrew Reynolds wasn't a part of it. It was Heath, Dan Rogers, and "Skate Talk" Bob Reynolds.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:46:44 AM by DannyDee »

BieberStance

« Reply #472 on: May 07, 2020, 02:21:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Andrew Reynolds wasn't a part of it. It was Heath, Dan Rogers, and "Skate Talk" Bob Reynolds.

True, my bad. I was just skimming through it.
Here is the link: https://podtail.com/de/podcast/the-bunt/the-bunt-s06-episode-2-ft-james-hardy-they-duct-ta/

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #473 on: May 07, 2020, 04:03:18 AM »
PALS who you use their special Kooking/Gnarring privileges to assert some kind of authority over non PALS are douchebags. You think anyone actually gives a shit about their “rep“ on a skateboarding forum?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #474 on: May 07, 2020, 05:29:27 AM »
PALS who you use their special Kooking/Gnarring privileges to assert some kind of authority over non PALS are douchebags. You think anyone actually gives a shit about their “rep“ on a skateboarding forum?

I think a lot of people give enough of a shit to bring it up in their posts letting us know how much they don't care about their rep.  8)
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #475 on: May 07, 2020, 06:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought the Beastie Boys doc sucked. And they were the soundtrack to my skatelife 85-95.
[close]

I’m a fan, but objectively they are not great musicians and the only flow they managed to make work was ‘Ch-Check it Out’, where they finally found an off-kilter cadence that tied up their amateurish rhyming with Jr High school humor, and faux-old school beats and made it work perfectly, and sound like something of their own.

Everything else has parts of good songs. Some have great beats ahead of their time (Paul’s Boutique and Check your head), some have good rhyming (but usually mitigated by nasally high voices) but mostly they sound second-rate at everything they did.

That amateurish approach was endearing, but not anything near the skill and quality that came from all other areas of rap.
[close]

There's good rhymes on basically every album from Paul's Boutique to Hello Nasty, mainly in the Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication era. Specifically MCA had solid flow a lot of times. I would definitely not call it amateurish, just their own thing. Honestly for the late 80's and early 90's they were kinda on point - unless we're talking Tribe, De La Soul, or Public Enemy or something the rapping was probably kinda trash. We still had like LL Cool J type shit and Run DMC. This was a few years before Nas, Biggie, and Wu revolutionized shit. Fucking A the Beastie Boys had more solid flow than most of the guys in NWA.

Have you ever considered different ways to listen to music other than the radio?? you know about cd's and mixtapes-demos I assume?  The late 80's to early 90's is the highest point in history for this genre of music, from NYC to the south all the way to the west. There's more to rap than a highschool mixtape made out of the same 11 songs everyone has heard. Forget about "revolution", its called Progression.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #476 on: May 07, 2020, 06:26:46 AM »

I think pretty much the only time I ever Kook people is when I see them complain about Kooking, because that's the only time I remember it's a thing.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #477 on: May 07, 2020, 06:30:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought the Beastie Boys doc sucked. And they were the soundtrack to my skatelife 85-95.
[close]

I’m a fan, but objectively they are not great musicians and the only flow they managed to make work was ‘Ch-Check it Out’, where they finally found an off-kilter cadence that tied up their amateurish rhyming with Jr High school humor, and faux-old school beats and made it work perfectly, and sound like something of their own.

Everything else has parts of good songs. Some have great beats ahead of their time (Paul’s Boutique and Check your head), some have good rhyming (but usually mitigated by nasally high voices) but mostly they sound second-rate at everything they did.

That amateurish approach was endearing, but not anything near the skill and quality that came from all other areas of rap.
[close]

There's good rhymes on basically every album from Paul's Boutique to Hello Nasty, mainly in the Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication era. Specifically MCA had solid flow a lot of times. I would definitely not call it amateurish, just their own thing. Honestly for the late 80's and early 90's they were kinda on point - unless we're talking Tribe, De La Soul, or Public Enemy or something the rapping was probably kinda trash. We still had like LL Cool J type shit and Run DMC. This was a few years before Nas, Biggie, and Wu revolutionized shit. Fucking A the Beastie Boys had more solid flow than most of the guys in NWA.
[close]

Have you ever considered different ways to listen to music other than the radio?? you know about cd's and mixtapes-demos I assume?  The late 80's to early 90's is the highest point in history for this genre of music, from NYC to the south all the way to the west. There's more to rap than a highschool mixtape made out of the same 11 songs everyone has heard. Forget about "revolution", its called Progression.

This, Nas style of rhymes already was made by Rakim and Kool G Rap in late 80s.
Beastie boys is overrated and white privilege. How many black groups was better and  hadnt the same recognition. Tribe, de la soul and the roots are better but underrated bands.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:36:14 AM by Swithflip »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #478 on: May 07, 2020, 08:59:39 AM »
Breaking Bad was a dumb show too. My bad, I know the last episode was almost seven years ago.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #479 on: May 07, 2020, 09:39:57 AM »
I just finished Breaking Bad last week and thought it was amazing, although my standard for good TV is pretty low and I've seen fuck all series
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.