Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109914 times)

malevy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1770 on: May 21, 2024, 08:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
someday someone will make a 8.75 twin with a 7.125" nose and tail and a 14.125" wheelbase...hopefully. I'd settle for even 7" nose and tail with a 14.25 wb
[close]

Did anyone read is his post?

WHEELBASE (IN):   14.68

This is not that.
[close]

I want Heroin to continue doing Twin shape popsicles in standard dimensions that gradually scale up with width:

Easily my favorite of the twins available right now. Foy and Crail were too mellow for my liking

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1771 on: May 24, 2024, 09:39:40 AM »
https://shop.ccs.com/products/chocolate-pixel-city-anderson-twin-tip-skateboard-deck-8-25

Did Crail actually make a 14.25 WB twin? If so, I definitely wanna try one.

Amocat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1772 on: May 24, 2024, 10:02:15 AM »
Tactics lists it as the normal 14 sadly. Wished they’d do an 8.75 and 14.25 version personally.

https://www.tactics.com/chocolate/anderson-dance-studio-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1773 on: May 24, 2024, 10:02:35 AM »
https://shop.ccs.com/products/chocolate-pixel-city-anderson-twin-tip-skateboard-deck-8-25

Did Crail actually make a 14.25 WB twin? If so, I definitely wanna try one.

I'd be first in-line but I'm guessing typo

https://www.tactics.com/chocolate/anderson-dance-studio-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck

https://gosports.com.sg/products/chocolate-anderson-pixel-city-8-25-twin-deck

If you are chasing those dims look to DW and SC (SC if you want that stiffer Crail wood feel).

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #1774 on: May 25, 2024, 07:23:26 PM »
Primitive is going to continue selling their twin right? It’s sold out on their shop which sucks but can only mean the demand is there?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1775 on: May 25, 2024, 07:44:34 PM »
Primitive is going to continue selling their twin right? It’s sold out on their shop which sucks but can only mean the demand is there?

It came and went. Depending on how many they pressed that could be a good thing. Also depends on how many of the team is riding it? Prod was supposedly on an 8.125 twin that never was sold and Jaeb is on the 8.25"....

Crail, Santa Cruz andd DLX are the only ones that are consistent. Every drop. Habitat twins seems to be readily avaialbe but my guess is that's because their twins aren't as popular (no common sizes). Heroin drops symmetrical boards pretty much every drop these days but they've got ADHD when it comes to offering anything in a consitent shape or dimensions.

Everyone else seems to be every other drop or so (most use BBS, so if DLX can do it every drop, they can too but I can't image the deman is hight for quasi/Deathwish).

Toy (ps) roger (HLC) and a few randos just seem to be one offs/gone.

Suggest you go with the brands that produce on the regular so you can keep skating the same shape/dims.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1975
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1776 on: May 25, 2024, 08:46:48 PM »
Thank You has a twin as well, but it's Thank You.

Quasi does twins regularly, PS Stix just started doing them through Pizza, but it's Pizza.

Same with Santa Cruz Tom Asta and Murio McCoy, but the Asta 1 seems like it it won't be in rotation anymore. On his last few videos it sounded like he wasn't too hyped on the dimensions and went back to an 8.25 standard popsicle. Shit graphics aside their dims were a good middle ground. I just wish their tips were less tapered.

Habitat / AWS and DLX have consistently done twins every season, but the dims are either too burly or tiny. I do like the Habitat twins as a Venture guy, the WB on the trucks compensates for the length. And the full nose is so good for nollies and flips.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1777 on: May 25, 2024, 09:45:58 PM »

Quasi does twins regularly, PS Stix just started doing them through Pizza, but it's Pizza.

Same with Santa Cruz Tom Asta and Murio McCoy, but the Asta 1 seems like it it won't be in rotation anymore. On his last few videos it sounded like he wasn't too hyped on the dimensions and went back to an 8.25 standard popsicle. Shit graphics aside their dims were a good middle ground. I just wish their tips were less tapered.

Habitat / AWS and DLX have consistently done twins every season, but the dims are either too burly or tiny. I do like the Habitat twins as a Venture guy, the WB on the trucks compensates for the length. And the full nose is so good for nollies and flips.

Quasi is close to regular, but sometimes every other drop (I follow it as it was/is my fav out of the BBS twins). Wouldn't touch a thank you (too long).

Which Pizza is a twin? I really like PS over BBS (BBS feel heavy and thick/dead, why I switched back to SC) and really liked the feel of the toy machine twin out of PS; I would dip on a pizza provided the dims were good.

Those two NHS twins, Asta's name is off it for sure - that was the SC-391 and was recenlty put out with McCoy's name on it  (instead of the the 8.4, and not an 8.4 McCoy in sight this drop.); weird he didn't jump over to the SC-365 (custom mccoy) shape he and Asp uses, which is based off the 8.25s he started riding...

The SC 8.25x31.83x14.22 - 6.71/6.71  (SC-365) really is the best 8.25" I've ridden next to the the new foy 8.25" Twin, difference between the two is really concave and kicks (beeing steeper and deeper on the SC) and wood feel as the main dims are practially identical.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1975
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1778 on: May 25, 2024, 11:35:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Quasi is close to regular, but sometimes every other drop (I follow it as it was/is my fav out of the BBS twins). Wouldn't touch a thank you (too long).

Which Pizza is a twin? I really like PS over BBS (BBS feel heavy and thick/dead, why I switched back to SC) and really liked the feel of the toy machine twin out of PS; I would dip on a pizza provided the dims were good.

Those two NHS twins, Asta's name is off it for sure - that was the SC-391 and was recenlty put out with McCoy's name on it  (instead of the the 8.4, and not an 8.4 McCoy in sight this drop.); weird he didn't jump over to the SC-365 (custom mccoy) shape he and Asp uses, which is based off the 8.25s he started riding...

The SC 8.25x31.83x14.22 - 6.71/6.71  (SC-365) really is the best 8.25" I've ridden next to the the new foy 8.25" Twin, difference between the two is really concave and kicks (beeing steeper and deeper on the SC) and wood feel as the main dims are practially identical.

Not Pizza, I meant Snack, also food based:

https://shop.snackskateboards.com/products/vaporz-twin-tip-deck
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m