Author Topic: KOTR episodes  (Read 86513 times)

essal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: KOTR episodes
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2017, 10:21:10 AM »
that blunt benihana was fucked.

and foy puking from eating guac  ??? ??? ???

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
that blunt benihana was fucked.

and foy puking from eating guac  ??? ??? ???
Pinche gabacho

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2017, 11:23:46 AM »
VertIsDead has been posting photos and some text from the first KOTR article:

http://vertisdead.blogspot.com

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Did Thrasher already announce the mystery guests earlier in the year and I just completely forgot?
[close]

I think the guests are Nora, Lacey baker, and Samaria brevvard

I'd be bummed if i was the one who wasn't assigned to enjoi

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »
I want a Foy and Lizard fight before this thing is all over.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:08 PM »
They're like stepbrothers

dees52

• Rep: 4
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »
Raemers being subtitled was my highlight.

Space Monkey

• Rep: 35
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2017, 08:35:46 AM »
Why do they keep giving Creature such easy challenges?
Hang out with Rowley, hang out with Jaws...
Give them a real challenge of hanging out with Andy Roy for more than 2 minutes.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »
Me last episode: "man, creature has been getting off pretty easy these last few episodes, they're for sure gonna make up for it by giving them some fucked up challenges soon like they've been giving to enjoi and deathwish"

This episode: creature plays with paintballs and goes to a bubble bath rave while Deathwish had to clean and skate a bunch of dirty tunnels and enjoi had to hang out with an obnoxious metalhead all day. Gee, i wonder which team got off easy there?
Tune in next week when creature have to pick daisies from a flower field for 150 points.

Overall though it was a pretty good episode; that hells doorway sesh (was that what that spot was called? I can't remember,  but y'all know what I'm talking about) that Deathwish did got really heavy; that spot looks so scary but also super fun at the same time. So far for every spot that Deathwish has hit up there's only been like one or two people skating while everyone else was just sitting down and watching, but pretty much everyone on the team got up and was skating for this one and everyone got tricks too so that was cool to see.
Also that chick that lizard made out with was fine as hell.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »
Neen is for sure going to get MVP/his board pulled in the next season or two

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »
Gravette is a consummate professional.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2017, 07:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They're like stepbrothers

They are the Billy and Sinclair of this year.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
Me last episode: "man, creature has been getting off pretty easy these last few episodes, they're for sure gonna make up for it by giving them some fucked up challenges soon like they've been giving to enjoi and deathwish"

This episode: creature plays with paintballs and goes to a bubble bath rave while Deathwish had to clean and skate a bunch of dirty tunnels and enjoi had to hang out with an obnoxious metalhead all day. Gee, i wonder which team got off easy there?
Tune in next week when creature have to pick daisies from a flower field for 150 points.

Overall though it was a pretty good episode; that hells doorway sesh (was that what that spot was called? I can't remember,  but y'all know what I'm talking about) that Deathwish did got really heavy; that spot looks so scary but also super fun at the same time. So far for every spot that Deathwish has hit up there's only been like one or two people skating while everyone else was just sitting down and watching, but pretty much everyone on the team got up and was skating for this one and everyone got tricks too so that was cool to see.
I think he caught some feelings for her.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
Give them a real challenge of hanging out with Andy Roy for more than 2 minutes.

They should make it challenging like "find someone skating a Creature board in the wild"

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2017, 04:01:17 AM »
That Gravette backflip in the paintball war! lmao I died laughing. He should have his own show.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They should make it challenging like "find someone skating a Creature board in the wild"

I have a feeling it's because of Gravette. 

Producers/Burnett know that Gravette will do literally anything they give him so they're purposely giving the harder stuff to the other teams because they know it will cause more drama/conflict. 

Hopefully this means that later Creature stuff will be extra gnarly. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2017, 11:00:01 PM »
gravette is a good bloke.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ZING!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2017, 01:43:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Who is this make out challenge for?  I get it was an alright thing to do, but there's no reason to keep it going.  I don't know anyone who wants to see skaters make out and I'm still a little bummed out on JJ after his year.

After watching the Big Brother doc where Burnett admitted that he emulated (he said ripped off) the BB tour article style, it makes sense that KOTR spawned from ripping off that BB idea of devoting a whole issue to a tour and the antics involved.  the problem is, Burnett is a dork trying to "cool guy out" with a bunch of toughies so he's working hard to take things to the next level which he just doesn't have in him and feels gross and inauthentic when it comes out him.   mannequin hand gonz photos and eggplant 540s are great skate nerdy stuff.  shit in a shoe from a tree is something little kids who watched jack ass would think of.  it's just a thing that involves poo in not particularly excited or revelatory way.  Burnett just needs to realize he's Patrick Fugit.  He'll never be in Stillwater and Penny Lane aint gonna give it to him

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2017, 04:26:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Who is this make out challenge for?  I get it was an alright thing to do, but there's no reason to keep it going.  I don't know anyone who wants to see skaters make out and I'm still a little bummed out on JJ after his year.

After watching the Big Brother doc where Burnett admitted that he emulated (he said ripped off) the BB tour article style, it makes sense that KOTR spawned from ripping off that BB idea of devoting a whole issue to a tour and the antics involved.  the problem is, Burnett is a dork trying to "cool guy out" with a bunch of toughies so he's working hard to take things to the next level which he just doesn't have in him and feels gross and inauthentic when it comes out him.   mannequin hand gonz photos and eggplant 540s are great skate nerdy stuff.  shit in a shoe from a tree is something little kids who watched jack ass would think of.  it's just a thing that involves poo in not particularly excited or revelatory way.  Burnett just needs to realize he's Patrick Fugit.  He'll never be in Stillwater and Penny Lane aint gonna give it to him

Yeh, a lot of the challenges which are already cringey to begin with become so much worse after Burnett tries to cool-guy explain them to the camera

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thank you. Thrasher please take notice.  Shit in a shoe isn't gonna get you any crossover anyway, if anything it will look lame to skaters and the general public alike.  Same with the makeout shit.  Do we think (m)any non-skaters even watch this shit consistently?  Seems like there should be enough skaters interested to sustain a viceland show, but i could be wrong.  Either way, shit in a shoe isn't gonna do it.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2017, 12:38:10 PM »
Shitting on a scooter kid is more applicable. The make out challenge grew after dudes were racking up numbers of smooches and cold sores,its kind of whatever to see,but an easy way to make points

frontflip

« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »
Shitting in a shoe is meh, but when its out of a tree its dope. Makeouts are cool but if they want it to be a challenge it should be the most dudes you can make out with.

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »
If there is any poo related challenge I would actually chuckle at, it would be if they did an ode to CKY and do the whole shitting in a full sprint. So disgusting and such a weird thing to make/let yourself do.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »
If there is any poo related challenge I would actually chuckle at, it would be if they did an ode to CKY and do the whole shitting in a full sprint. So disgusting and such a weird thing to make/let yourself do.
Best trick while shitting yourself is guaranteed on next years KOTR

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
Enjoi knows what's up. No chance in hell I rock a spandex leotard that close to someone who calls himself the Snuggle Bandit and spent extensive time in prison.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2017, 08:28:22 PM »
It's sick how both enjoi and Deathwish are both outperforming Creature, but without any jocky bullshit.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Mother fucking Pilz! Holy shit that dude is rad.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »
"do you guys smoke marijuana?".  WE ARE ALL SAMARIA

wheelies

« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »
Enjoi knows what's up. No chance in hell I rock a spandex leotard that close to someone who calls himself the Snuggle Bandit and spent extensive time in prison.
Andy just wanted to see what enjoi was working with