Author Topic: Nick Dompierre's body fat  (Read 11019 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Nick Dompierre's body fat
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
There's this group of meatheads at my gym that do roids and try to get other people into them. The gains they're making are just unnatural. Took me about 4 months to see some serious changes. Some of these guys did it in two weeks. They don't even work out that hard either. They're usually there for about 45 minutes and I go for 2 hours. I'd rather do it naturally. Makes me feel better about the work and the payoff is rewarding. Trying to hit 235 and cut down.
WTF are you doing in the gym for 2 hours? You're never going to make gains burning all those cals. You basically get in max out everything and get out, that's how Nick and the Icelanders do it. Immediately jumping to steroid allegations from a health professional like Eric Ricks is questionable behavior.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »
There's this group of meatheads at my gym that do roids and try to get other people into them. The gains they're making are just unnatural. Took me about 4 months to see some serious changes. Some of these guys did it in two weeks. They don't even work out that hard either. They're usually there for about 45 minutes and I go for 2 hours. I'd rather do it naturally. Makes me feel better about the work and the payoff is rewarding. Trying to hit 235 and cut down.

Oh I hear ya! Thats why I said responsible use.

Broscience fucks alot of people up on this issue and people are using WAAAAY too much of compounds.

Not to sound like a dick, but if your training for 2 hours you wont get great results. Your overtraining.

A solid routine take 30-45 minutes and less for small muscle groups.

I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
WTF are you doing in the gym for 2 hours? You're never going to make gains burning all those cals. You basically get in max out everything and get out, that's how Nick and the Icelanders do it. Immediately jumping to steroid allegations from a health professional like Eric Ricks is questionable behavior.

You don't know what you are talking about. Do you know how much I eat and how many calories I take in on a daily basis? I'm in a building phase right now. Lots of protein and heavy ass weights. No cardio besides when I'm skateboarding and the rope at the end of every gym session. Once I hit my desired weight my gym regimen will change. Low weight, cleansing diet, more cardio influenced. Also two hours is necessary. I like to work out almost every single muscle in a certain are of my body. I don't neglect a single one.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »
Not really overtraining at all. Let's say I'm doing chest. I go in and do 10 sets of bench, then next is incline bench for ten sets, next is incline dumbbell presses for 5 sets, then it's its flys for 5 sets, next is cables 5 sets lower and 5 sets upper, then I end on the fly machine for 5 sets. After that I do two AB workouts and hit the rope. All of that usually takes up two hours. The only part of my body that doesn't get a two hour workout is legs but I do not neglect my legs at all. My quads and ass cheeks have gotten massive.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »
I often do 40-80 mins of cardio, is that over training? I really like it. I ride distances on my bike in the summer and I am never ever widned when I skate.
Telling other people how to work is is kinda lame. I have been working out since 2004 when I blew out my knee, I have learned from many of my own mistakes and successes, you do what feels right to you.
I do agree, if you are only doing weights or resistance training, 30-45 mins is about all you need. 
I haven't done isolated exercise in about 6 years. No curls or triceps extensions in years either.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 11:31:36 AM »
Right now I'm working out to gain muscle. I didn't just jump into this without advice or tips. My friends brother is a personal trainer and he helped me with this. I've definitely made some gains. It's working. I mean to each their own. I like my workout process now. It's very disciplining.

I often do 40-80 mins of cardio, is that over training? I really like it. I ride distances on my bike in the summer and I am never ever widned when I skate.
Telling other people how to work is is kinda lame. I have been working out since 2004 when I blew out my knee, I have learned from many of my own mistakes and successes, you do what feels right to you.
I do agree, if you are only doing weights or resistance training, 30-45 mins is about all you need. 
I haven't done isolated exercise in about 6 years. No curls or triceps extensions in years either.

I don't think that's too much.

not_ericricks

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
Cardio is different.

But do what works. Im not hating.

But there is alot of science behind training and cardio

Just make sure you're eating sufficiently and that makes a huge difference in training as well.

And take post workout nutrition seriously, that 1 hour after training can make a big difference

Keep training homies!!!

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
That 1 hour after is crucial.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
im curious do you guys do your workouts in the morning or at night? I could never get a solid routine at any time other than the crack of dawn, at night you want to do other things. Still got love for the 2AM warriors but that's a lifestyle too hectic for me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
im curious do you guys do your workouts in the morning or at night? I could never get a solid routine at any time other than the crack of dawn, at night you want to do other things. Still got love for the 2AM warriors but that's a lifestyle too hectic for me.

I go Mon - Wed - Fri with my trainer at night, come home and eat, take a shower, and go to bed. It's wonderful.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I go Mon - Wed - Fri with my trainer at night, come home and eat, take a shower, and go to bed. It's wonderful.

Weekdays I go at 6pm and on weekends I go at 10am. I pick a different rest day every week.

not_ericricks

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 12:17:12 PM »

I prefer morning but mid day is fine. If I train too late it effects my sleep quality

And tracer, I was a healthcare processional, a registered nutrional consultant practitioner. I dont practice anymore, I moved into engineering.

Stoopkid, one thing ya gotta love about training is how your stamina increases. In full swing im fine on 5 hours sleep, can work like a savage, train, skate, cook, play basketball or hockey or whatever. Basically hardly ever get tired or winded.

Also for hitting the bike, you guys should try HIIT cardio. Fuckin rules for cardio. Done in 15 minutes and holy fuck is it a workout!

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »
My stamina increased insanely. I work in construction so work is insanely physical. When I first started hitting the gym I would be wiped but after a month of just grinding through it it became a breeze. Could work, hit the gym, and then go skate for like 3 hours after.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
Now that this is a body building forum I'm gonna go full Zoolander and read the thread title as "Nick Dompierre's body, fat?".

not_ericricks

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:28 PM »
My stamina increased insanely. I work in construction so work is insanely physical. When I first started hitting the gym I would be wiped but after a month of just grinding through it it became a breeze. Could work, hit the gym, and then go skate for like 3 hours after.

Hahaha yep. And you wanna work even harder because the physicality helps your body. It get to the point where its kinda hard to relax or take a day off lol. You just wanna do shit constantly.

My wife always wonders why im super busy all the time but thats just how I like it.

Of course I cant now because I broke my leg and tore my acl, so im going fuckin mental being stuck on the couch lol. Well its improved abit since I got in physio last week. But still

Also, I highly recommend using high dose fish oil for nutrient partitioning/fat loss. Plus the million other good things it does. And its cheap as fuck.

If you guys ever have nutrition/supplement questions feel free to hit me up. Ive got that shit down pat, for all varieties of bodies/abilities and ages.

And stoop, 2 hours isnt overtraining in the way you explained it. When bulking/strength programs, it takes waaay more time because, as you know, its lower rep with heavy ass weight. So your not flying from one movement to the next. It sounds like you got a good grasp on what your doing for your goals.

Good job man!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
is this Eric ricks of standard trucks? acme?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha yep. And you wanna work even harder because the physicality helps your body. It get to the point where its kinda hard to relax or take a day off lol. You just wanna do shit constantly.

My wife always wonders why im super busy all the time but thats just how I like it.

Of course I cant now because I broke my leg and tore my acl, so im going fuckin mental being stuck on the couch lol. Well its improved abit since I got in physio last week. But still

Also, I highly recommend using high dose fish oil for nutrient partitioning/fat loss. Plus the million other good things it does. And its cheap as fuck.

If you guys ever have nutrition/supplement questions feel free to hit me up. Ive got that shit down pat, for all varieties of bodies/abilities and ages.

And stoop, 2 hours isnt overtraining in the way you explained it. When bulking/strength programs, it takes waaay more time because, as you know, its lower rep with heavy ass weight. So your not flying from one movement to the next. It sounds like you got a good grasp on what your doing for your goals.

Good job man!

Yeah low reps and heavy heavy ass weights. Every workout I try to hit a higher weight than my last. I cant wait to cut down though. Im not fat at all but I just feel beefy. I have to take it easy on my squats though. I can squat almost 400lbs an my ass is starting to look like kim ks. had to go up to 34s in pants. Best part about working out is my skating got that much better. I just feel 100%. I broke 2 boars recently though due to the weight increase.

not_ericricks

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
is this Eric ricks of standard trucks? acme?

No. I just think hes rad so im paying homage to a great skater of the old days

*just asked the mods to change it so there is no confusion
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:53:40 PM by Eric ricks »

not_ericricks

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 02:01:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good job man!
[close]

Yeah low reps and heavy heavy ass weights. Every workout I try to hit a higher weight than my last. I cant wait to cut down though. Im not fat at all but I just feel beefy. I have to take it easy on my squats though. I can squat almost 400lbs an my ass is starting to look like kim ks. had to go up to 34s in pants. Best part about working out is my skating got that much better. I just feel 100%. I broke 2 boars recently though due to the weight increase.

My legs respond quick too, which is odd considering they arent that strong. 400 is a gnarly freeweight squat dood! I couldnt do that. I warm up with (for working sets) at 235 for 12 reps, but I only rest 25 seconds, so its 12, 12, 10, 8. Id have to wrap up to squat higher with my bad knees.

My lower back is very strong though from doind dead cardio which is insane. Kinda sad I can deadlify more than I squat lol

You ever want a challenge sometime try dead cardio.

Take about 135, do 12-15 reps, rest 20 seconds, continue on for 12 sets then get the fuck outta the gym lol.

Its adding weights to HIIT cardio and it works great! Its fuckin hard though

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »
Now that this is a body building forum I'm gonna go full Zoolander and read the thread title as "Nick Dompierre's body, fat?".

I appreciate this
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good job man!
[close]

[close]

My legs respond quick too, which is odd considering they arent that strong. 400 is a gnarly freeweight squat dood! I couldnt do that. I warm up with (for working sets) at 235 for 12 reps, but I only rest 25 seconds, so its 12, 12, 10, 8. Id have to wrap up to squat higher with my bad knees.

My lower back is very strong though from doind dead cardio which is insane. Kinda sad I can deadlify more than I squat lol

Take about 135, do 12-15 reps, rest 20 seconds, continue on for 12 sets then get the fuck outta the gym lol.

Part of the squating achievements is from being a swimmer, skateboarder, and football player. My least favorite workout is just flat out bench presses. That workout right there really shows you what's up.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »
yeah, i did like 20 push ups the other day, im getting swole, look out biebel
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:49:05 PM by ducky darnsworth »

not_ericricks

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good job man!
[close]

[close]

[close]

Part of the squating achievements is from being a swimmer, skateboarder, and football player. My least favorite workout is just flat out bench presses. That workout right there really shows you what's up.

I hate bench presses. Still do them but I much prefer the range of motion with dumbells. I have tendonitus in my elbows from work, so I cant get a full range of motion with a fixed bar.

My buddy is a benching freak. He can bench 405 for 12 and hes only about 200lbs. Rediculous strength

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good job man!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I hate bench presses. Still do them but I much prefer the range of motion with dumbells. I have tendonitus in my elbows from work, so I cant get a full range of motion with a fixed bar.

My buddy is a benching freak. He can bench 405 for 12 and hes only about 200lbs. Rediculous strength

That's gnar for him. I spoke of my one friend in this thread and he's a monster. He's on some James Harrison shit doing 5plates on each side.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »
Highest I've gone on bench is 2 plates and a 35 on each for 6. Bench always kicks my ass. Yet I can squat and skullcrush like a champ.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2017, 02:52:47 PM »

Who the fuck squats more than they deadlift?

Edit* that's a serious question. I've never known anyone who squats more. I don't have the heaviest squat but I can deadlift way more.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:56:27 PM by Yushin Okami »
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

not_ericricks

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who the fuck squats more than they deadlift?

Lots of guys. Deadlififts get overlooked often. If you're serious in training, than yeah thats fucked up

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »
I'll stick to Arizona tea and cigs
5-10 150

Fuckshit.

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2017, 12:58:58 AM »
What supplements are you dudes taking if any? I use Oxyshred (feels as though it does fuck all), Myprotein Whey Isolate, and Myprotein BCAAs tablet form. I have stopped using pre workout and just have a coffee before training, absolutely love training though, crazy how much better it makes you feel.

Erick ricks do you just use fish oil tablets??

not_ericricks

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:39 AM »
What supplements are you dudes taking if any? I use Oxyshred (feels as though it does fuck all), Myprotein Whey Isolate, and Myprotein BCAAs tablet form. I have stopped using pre workout and just have a coffee before training, absolutely love training though, crazy how much better it makes you feel.

Erick ricks do you just use fish oil tablets??

Fish oil softgels, q gram each with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA, 12 per day in divided doses.

Undenatured whey isolate. Make sure its only whey isolate. It should be at least 89% pure so you get the immune stimulating effects of the immunglobulins. Never blend it or heat it.

Those are the main supplements everyone should use.

Doesnt hurt to add in a b complex, multi enzyme, garlic extract, and magnesium biglycinate.

BCAAs arent needed because you are already getting them from your whey isolate.

Creatine of L citruline helps too but arent necessary.

Stay away from shitty weight loss products.

Either use nicotine+caffiene in low doses
Or low dose ephedrine+caffeine (16mg E+ 100mg C, 3 to 4 times daily)