Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565648 times)

Yu Dum

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3930 on: April 23, 2020, 07:53:03 AM »
incoming gamestop order with:
little big planet 2
dark souls
fallout 3
fallout new vegas
Man, you should sign up for PSNow if you have a PS4 and haven't already. They have Fallout 3, NV, and 4 on there plus tons of other games.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3931 on: April 23, 2020, 07:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote
little big planet 2
dark souls
fallout 3
fallout new vegas
[close]
Man, you should sign up for PSNow if you have a PS4 and haven't already. They have Fallout 3, NV, and 4 on there plus tons of other games.
Still milking this PS3.
May upgrade to PS5 when that drops.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3932 on: April 23, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
little big planet 2
dark souls
fallout 3
fallout new vegas
[close]
[close]
Still milking this PS3.
I feel that completely. I did that with the Gamecube and Wii until I got my Switch.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3933 on: April 23, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
little big planet 2
dark souls
fallout 3
fallout new vegas
[close]
[close]
Still milking this PS3.

Yep I’m the same ...I rotate between my ps3 and ps4, mainly because ps4 uses a lot of power and gets expensive to play for long periods

Psnow definitely got better since they lowered to $11 ...I remember signing up for the first version and it was like $20/mo and barely no ps4 games ...shits amazing I’ve been playing the new wolfenstien and tomb raider game

Yu Dum

« Reply #3934 on: April 23, 2020, 09:28:33 AM »
So, I'm at a point in pretty much all of my games that I'm stuck in a deathloop.
I'll start RE7 and die within five minutes bc I'm stuck at the final battle with Jack.
Start RE3, and I'm stuck in a deathloop fighting Nemesis in NEST2.

Any of you Pals have any recommendations for survival horror games on PS4? I don't mind spending any money.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #3935 on: April 24, 2020, 02:03:18 AM »
Haven’t been into video games much since I was a lot younger but with the combination of the quarantine and a few rainy days I found myself hooking up my old Xbox and playing the original Halo combat evolved. I’m talking the OG first Halo. Forgot how fun it was.

Never played any of the newer ones after Bungie gave it up. Got carried away with the nostalgia train and played through the whole campaign on legendary. Made me miss playing multiplayer almost twenty years ago. Crazy. Anybody here still fuck with Halo?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3936 on: April 24, 2020, 09:48:35 AM »
Haven’t been into video games much since I was a lot younger but with the combination of the quarantine and a few rainy days I found myself hooking up my old Xbox and playing the original Halo combat evolved. I’m talking the OG first Halo. Forgot how fun it was.

Never played any of the newer ones after Bungie gave it up. Got carried away with the nostalgia train and played through the whole campaign on legendary. Made me miss playing multiplayer almost twenty years ago. Crazy. Anybody here still fuck with Halo?
I've watched online games of halo 2 online.
Takes me back to my first experiences online gaming, talking shit, and caring about this thing:

The first few halos on tough difficulty is intense. Real fun.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3937 on: April 24, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I've watched online games of halo 2 online.
Takes me back to my first experiences online gaming, talking shit, and caring about this thing:

The first few halos on tough difficulty is intense. Real fun.

I still have the OG Xbox and WII sitting under my coffee table...I still have the games including Halo and Marvel vs capcom 2.  I think my PS2 and sega genesis/ sega CD in the storage closet still works...I still have my old Dreamcast games (marvel vs capcom 1)

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #3938 on: April 26, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »
I started Metal Gear Solid 5 today and god damn was the epilogue/intro a chore...

I played MGS3 and enjoyed it, but don't feel like the cutscenes were over the top like it felt with 5.

Maybe I'm just more impatient now, but the amount of cutscenes in 5 made me turn the game off after a hour or so.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3939 on: April 26, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »
I started Metal Gear Solid 5 today and god damn was the epilogue/intro a chore...

I played MGS3 and enjoyed it, but don't feel like the cutscenes were over the top like it felt with 5.

Maybe I'm just more impatient now, but the amount of cutscenes in 5 made me turn the game off after a hour or so.

People definitely have their complaints on phantom pain.
That intro was dope though. Battling out of the building post coma as Snake is a vivid gaming memory I have.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3940 on: April 27, 2020, 12:58:24 AM »
Still playing Zelda BotW, in the midst of trying to cool my PC with bigger fans and cooler to keep myself occupied.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3941 on: April 27, 2020, 07:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

People definitely have their complaints on phantom pain.
That intro was dope though. Battling out of the building post coma as Snake is a vivid gaming memory I have.

It was cool, but an hour of crawling/cutscenes is not how I want to start a game haha. I'd even be okay with a longer intro if that meant more gameplay in between cut scenes, but a cutscene followed with 15 seconds of gameplay (aka crawling), then another cutscene just got tiresome.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3942 on: April 27, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
I may have already said this, but I started RE2 on hardcore mode and holygoddamn is it kicking my ass. I love it, but fuck I'm really struggling.lol

I'm also getting deeper into Doom: Eternal and loving it more and more. Definitely a huge jump in combat and the amount of enemies from the 2016 version. Shit has me on edge with every new environment I enter.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3943 on: April 27, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »
I’ve been playing Control and I absolutely love it. I’m a huge fan of third person shooters as well as Metroidvania style games so it’s perfect for me. Highly recommend if you can get it on sale. Been also playing Dark Souls 2 which is an absolute chore and a half.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3944 on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:58 AM »
I’ve been playing Control and I absolutely love it. I’m a huge fan of third person shooters as well as Metroidvania style games so it’s perfect for me. Highly recommend if you can get it on sale. Been also playing Dark Souls 2 which is an absolute chore and a half.
I've been debating on playing Control for a while now. I started it one night when I was way too drunk to understand what the fuck was happening, but I want to give it a go when I'm sober.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3945 on: April 28, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
Mario Kart Wii, it's pretty fun but I can't get the multiplayer mod to connect me to a server despite following the steps correctly. It still has an active community apparently.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3946 on: April 28, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »
Bought Smash Ultimate last night. I’m working through unlocking all of the characters right now, but I’m gonna post my friend code soon.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3947 on: April 29, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »
Bought Smash Ultimate last night. I’m working through unlocking all of the characters right now, but I’m gonna post my friend code soon.

Let's get it.

I'm on my first play through of this:

Kinda wish I played this before the Link's Awakening reissue.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3948 on: April 29, 2020, 10:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let's get it.

I'm on my first play through of this:

Kinda wish I played this before the Link's Awakening reissue.
I'll post it tonight. I've been grinding through the adventure mode and loving every minute. Much better than the Subspace Emissary shit in Brawl.

A Link To The Past is incredible. One of the most difficult games in the series, tbh, but that's mainly because it doesn't really hold your hand and guide you to where you need to be.

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #3949 on: April 29, 2020, 02:31:02 PM »
I preferred Links Awakening to Link to the Past. Something about Link to the Past never sat well with me I think its the character models. The whole darkworld thing felt like a bit of a cop out or something, maybe it was just too difficult like you say.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3950 on: April 29, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
Honestly, I preferred Link’s Awakening as well, but ALTTP is still golden imo. Just a higher difficulty curve.

Here’s my friend code if anyone wants to get that work in Smash Ultimate.
SW-7902-7690-1413
My username is 100emoji.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3951 on: May 01, 2020, 05:17:55 PM »

Update: now that I've gotten a handle on the game/mechanics I'm super into it lol.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3952 on: May 02, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »
Getting deeper into Doom Eternal again. Started fighting the Kahn Maykr last night, but I was so tired that I just gave up after she killed me.
Interested in how the battle with the Icon Of Sin will be. If I don't get to pilot one of those big mechs then I'm gonna be pissed.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #3953 on: May 02, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
So, I'm at a point in pretty much all of my games that I'm stuck in a deathloop.
I'll start RE7 and die within five minutes bc I'm stuck at the final battle with Jack.

Any of you Pals have any recommendations for survival horror games on PS4? I don't mind spending any money.

It's an older game, but I really enjoyed the first Outlast game. Great tension, especially early on.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3954 on: May 02, 2020, 06:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's an older game, but I really enjoyed the first Outlast game. Great tension, especially early on.
I’ve been considering that. There’s minimal combat, right?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3955 on: May 03, 2020, 11:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Update: now that I've gotten a handle on the game/mechanics I'm super into it lol.

rad.
Some areas of the game seem frivolous.
Definitely a game worth revisiting if you're a completionist type of gamer.
enjoy

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #3956 on: May 03, 2020, 01:33:48 PM »
i'm playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, which is an absolute broken hunk of shit game
but one of the characters voice sounded eerily familiar, I did a google:

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #3957 on: May 03, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I’ve been considering that. There’s minimal combat, right?

Yeah, I don't even remember actual combat (it's been a couple years). More like Amnesia or Alien: Isolation (both also recommended)
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #3958 on: May 03, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »
Final Fantasy 6

should probably point out I play it on emulator and abuse the Vanish/Doom glitch whenever I feel like, some of those dragons are too damn hard to bother grinding to beat.

I feel like the Vanish/doom thing is more of a trick than a glitch kinda like using pheonix downs to kill undead things it seems like it shouldn't work but it's in the game so abuse the tricks you find useful.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:20:19 PM by Mog »

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #3959 on: May 04, 2020, 12:13:21 AM »
Playing through Shadow of the Colossus again.

I played it on PS2 but never finished it because it was too much game for PS2 and it just ran poorly.

I played all the way through on the PS3 Ico/SotC Remaster pack.

I've just defeated the 8th Colossus on the PS4 version.

I think the PS3 one might be my favorite version. The PS4 one is completely beautiful but there is some of the weird dreaminess lost in the super-realistic graphics on this newest remake. Also on the PS3 you can custom configure the controls whereas on PS4 there's only a few options and none of them are perfect for me.

Also, I've been getting super nerdy and downloaded Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 and have been learning the game. I've just been going through the tutorials so I haven't even played a match yet, but my girlfriend was laughing at me yesterday because I was basically jumping off the couch yesterday mimicking the character's jumping. It's super intense and it's perfect for now because I have hours of sitting on my ass inside. I'm already considering buying an arcade stick just for this game which I haven't done since I bought one for PS2 for Virtua Fighter 5.