Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 68197 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2023, 06:42:34 AM »
It's spicy but it ain't that sketchy you can't skate it and worry about something happening you.

Just don't leave valuables around.

I skate it evening time regularly. To be honest I was there Thursday morning last week at 9am and there was 3 dudes absolutely out of their minds and that was the only time I felt vulnerable. Because it was just me and them there. They were defo waiting to rob someone. Just waiting for the right person to come along it seemed like.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2023, 10:56:55 PM »
Visiting Barcelona in mid January. How cold is it? Sweater, beanie, etc? Thanks. I enjoy the cold but my wife usually needs a down jacket.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2023, 03:41:33 AM »
Hey everyone,
After years of dreaming about it, I'm finally going to Barcelona on a (mostly) skate trip for a week in September! I'm going with my wife (who is hitting the Skate Love Barcelona rollerskating summit) and we will be doing some touristy stuff, but I'm definitely orienting the trip around skating. I'm an older skater who is pretty much exclusive to ledges and banks, no handrails or stairs, but I'm also to do some some spot tourism even if just to see some of these legendary locales in person.

We're staying in Poblenou but aren't afraid of taking trains or walking/skating across the city. I'll obviously be hitting the Born Plaza, Picnic DIY, MACBA, and that curb by the W.

I'm looking for any tips, recommendations, or info you have. What spots are a bust? What is worth checking out just to see it in person? What are good places to eat that might not be on obvious internet lists (no dietary restrictions)? Any cool non-skate spots or things to do other than the obvious tourist stuff?

I'm especially curious about spots where I can skate and my wife can rollerskate (smooth, flat ground. She doesn't roll on transition. We're middle aged.)

I've got a map I'm making with spots, food, and some other things here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Ur3twWvrIgLPKT383k4kBjgxz99-f6E&usp=sharing

Hit me with PMs or reply here if you got anything for me. Gracias.

If you're looking for spots that your wife can rollerblade send a dm to Tyler Surrey, his girlfriend is a professional rollerblader.

Other than that parallel has a great floor but the recent spot kinda sucks for skating. There's a a new pump truck with a few quarters and rails just in front.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2023, 04:13:10 AM »
Visiting Barcelona in mid January. How cold is it? Sweater, beanie, etc? Thanks. I enjoy the cold but my wife usually needs a down jacket.

It depends, January temperatures are in between 8-15 Celsius degrees. I would recommend you a few layers because at noon can be hot sometimes.

I usually wear an undershirt, T-shirt and sweater or jacket.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2023, 08:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It depends, January temperatures are in between 8-15 Celsius degrees. I would recommend you a few layers because at noon can be hot sometimes.

I usually wear an undershirt, T-shirt and sweater or jacket.

Thanks! I like to travel light but definitely taking a packable jacket and sweater. Would love to visit some local shops, any recomendations? Not taking my board on this trip but will definitely visit some of the local spots.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2023, 12:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey everyone,
After years of dreaming about it, I'm finally going to Barcelona on a (mostly) skate trip for a week in September! I'm going with my wife (who is hitting the Skate Love Barcelona rollerskating summit) and we will be doing some touristy stuff, but I'm definitely orienting the trip around skating. I'm an older skater who is pretty much exclusive to ledges and banks, no handrails or stairs, but I'm also to do some some spot tourism even if just to see some of these legendary locales in person.

We're staying in Poblenou but aren't afraid of taking trains or walking/skating across the city. I'll obviously be hitting the Born Plaza, Picnic DIY, MACBA, and that curb by the W.

I'm looking for any tips, recommendations, or info you have. What spots are a bust? What is worth checking out just to see it in person? What are good places to eat that might not be on obvious internet lists (no dietary restrictions)? Any cool non-skate spots or things to do other than the obvious tourist stuff?

I'm especially curious about spots where I can skate and my wife can rollerskate (smooth, flat ground. She doesn't roll on transition. We're middle aged.)

I've got a map I'm making with spots, food, and some other things here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1Ur3twWvrIgLPKT383k4kBjgxz99-f6E&usp=sharing

[close]

If you're looking for spots that your wife can rollerblade send a dm to Tyler Surrey, his girlfriend is a professional rollerblader.

Other than that parallel has a great floor but the recent spot kinda sucks for skating. There's a a new pump truck with a few quarters and rails just in front.

Hey don't want to sound like a gossip girl but I think Tyler is no longer with the rollerblader. I saw an IG story of a cutie who also skates spending the night camping in the woods with a girlfriend, Tyler and Gustav.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2023, 03:19:22 PM »
Appreciating all the tips. Thanks.

Does anybody know if the Mercat de Las Flores ledge spot a go?

https://res.cloudinary.com/krak/video/upload/v1510663153/medias/sbhwt09cbv9qgzv144e2.mp4
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey everyone,

[close]

[close]

Hey don't want to sound like a gossip girl but I think Tyler is no longer with the rollerblader. I saw an IG story of a cutie who also skates spending the night camping in the woods with a girlfriend, Tyler and Gustav.

Hahahaha, thanks for the gossip, in his 9 club interview they were still together.

@WarmUpZone Been there last month, it's pretty beat up but still skateble. I'm not sure if there's security up there. Anyway Montjuïc is great visit if you just want to hit the spot.

@Trashcon Rufus, Amigos, Petshop are really close to Macba.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2023, 06:18:12 AM »
Appreciating all the tips. Thanks.

Does anybody know if the Mercat de Las Flores ledge spot a go?

https://res.cloudinary.com/krak/video/upload/v1510663153/medias/sbhwt09cbv9qgzv144e2.mp4

Yeah is it still going I want to skate

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: August 29, 2023, 07:49:28 PM »
@alraunen thanks! Will definitely check those out.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2023, 01:22:28 PM »
I’m finally planning my trip to Barcelona. Should be there in October.

I was going to make a thread but since this one looks active… I want to know if there’s any shop that sells used decks. I don’t feel like flying with mine. When I used to live in LA I’d occasionally by one from this shop to use of for a week then donate it. Also if there’s any pals that want to sell me board or just skate / hang let me know!!!

I like 8.5 X 32 or 8.38

Also feel free  hit me up with a spot map or links. Also planning on going to Valencia in November.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 01:44:20 PM by lazer69 »

supduude

• Rep: -2
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2023, 01:38:55 PM »
shop selling used decks i dont know..

you can check the app "wallapop" is like craiglist but in spain , maybe you find a board you like there

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #372 on: September 15, 2023, 01:56:57 PM »
Went to pet shop, and Rufus today , both didn’t have any thing out , like a used board pile or anything. Might have some luck at macba if someone is setting up a new board?

Gonna check out Al Carrer and Amigos shops tomorrow

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2023, 01:59:44 PM »

I was going to make a thread but since this one looks active… I want to know if there’s any shop that sells used decks. I don’t feel like flying with mine. When I used to live in LA I’d occasionally by one from this shop to use of for a week then donate it. Also if there’s any pals that want to sell me board or just skate / hang let me know!!!

I like 8.5 X 32 or 8.38

Also feel free  hit me up with a spot map or links. Also planning on going to Valencia in November.

I can give you one of mine. Closest I have is 8.125 Baker OG Mellow..it's not skated much.

lazer69

« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2023, 02:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote

I like 8.5 X 32 or 8.38

[close]

I can give you one of mine. Closest I have is 8.125 Baker OG Mellow..it's not skated much.

Thanks for the offer but I think my size 12 us  46 eu feet are too big for 8s, though I used to skate 7.5 in the mid 2000s . I actually just got a board a few days ago, there’s a chance I just bring it, plus I’m flying in from Bulgaria so plane probably won’t even be full.

I’m down to skate though. I’m traveling alone

Looking to mostly skate low impact and drink some brews. I have a feeling though I’ll spend most of my time being a skate tourist & just appreciating and taking photos of the spots I’ve seen destroyed since I was kid more so than skating them seriously .  ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 02:49:24 PM by lazer69 »

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: September 19, 2023, 07:43:21 AM »
I just got back from a week long skate trip to BCN and it was amazing. Thanks to all the Pals that helped with some spot pins and advice.

If anybody is on the fence about going... GO FOR IT. It isn't cheap by any means, but all the famous spots are still more or less skateable and the locals are cool as hell. MACBA wasn't nearly as vibey as I expected (although the level of skating is insane so it can be intimidating), and the locals at Paral-lel were very welcoming to a visitor. The El Born plaza was amazing as well. Every city should build spots like that.

One of the best days I had was just hitting banks and spots in the La Pau and San Marti nieghborhoods, then skating down through Besos and then hitting all legendary spots in Forum. Seriously overwhelming. Maybe one of the most fun skating days of my life.

Great subway system, everyone speaks English if you are worried about communication issues, the food was mostly terrific, and there are some excellent and not very crowded things to do if it rains, like the Catalunyan National History Museum.

I am so glad I made the trip.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:17:16 AM by WarmUpZone »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2023, 07:26:14 AM »
I just got back from a week long skate trip to BCN and it was amazing. Thanks to all the Pals that helped with some spot pins and advice.

If anybody is on the fence about going... GO FOR IT. It isn't cheap by any means, but all the famous spots are still more or less skateable and the locals are cool as hell. MACBA wasn't nearly as vibey as I expected (although the level of skating is insane so it can be intimidating), and the locals at Paral-lel were very welcoming to a visitor. The El Born plaza was amazing as well. Every city should build spots like that.

One of the best days I had was just hitting banks and spots in the La Pau and San Marti nieghborhoods, then skating down through Besos and then hitting all legendary spots in Forum. Seriously overwhelming. Maybe one of the most fun skating days of my life.

Great subway system, everyone speaks English if you are worried about communication issues, the food was mostly terrific, and there are some excellent and not very crowded things to do if it rains, like the Catalunyan National History Museum.

Agreed ! Just finishing a three week trip, was supposed to be a two , but ended up extending .

Only thing is that this city has seemed pretty cheap to me. Maybe cause I’m coming from a ski town in CO , but you can eat for 20 euro a day here pretty easily, and if you shop for food , waaaay cheaper . 3 euro for breakfast pastry or empanada and coffee , 7 euro for a Bocadillo at lunch , and $10 for dinner

Metro is cheap if you buy the $20 pass for a month . DonkeyBike is super cheap for a month pass . $15 euro one time fee, 15 for a month .

But love this place . Will definitely be back.

Bobila is the best DIY I’ve ever seen

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2023, 02:11:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed ! Just finishing a three week trip, was supposed to be a two , but ended up extending .

Only thing is that this city has seemed pretty cheap to me. Maybe cause I’m coming from a ski town in CO , but you can eat for 20 euro a day here pretty easily, and if you shop for food , waaaay cheaper . 3 euro for breakfast pastry or empanada and coffee , 7 euro for a Bocadillo at lunch , and $10 for dinner

Metro is cheap if you buy the $20 pass for a month . DonkeyBike is super cheap for a month pass . $15 euro one time fee, 15 for a month .

But love this place . Will definitely be back.

Bobila is the best DIY I’ve ever seen

Glad you enjoy man

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2023, 07:18:50 AM »

lazer69

« Reply #379 on: September 30, 2023, 10:09:43 AM »
Going to be in Barcelona Oct 12-22. Even though my skate skills are much lower than they were years ago, I’m excited to see the spots raw dog with my bare eyeballs.

First things first I got go to a thrift shop and buy a small duffel bag and more clothes bc all I’m coming with is a tiny backpack. Oh and also buying a deck.

Also going to Andalusia and then making my way back up to Valencia the end of November.

Been studying Spanish everyday for a month, I see someone wrote everybody speaks English, but I’m committed to learning this language. ;D

35mm

• Rep: 29

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: October 01, 2023, 09:49:03 AM »
Been studying Spanish everyday for a month, I see someone wrote everybody speaks English, but I’m committed to learning this language. ;D

Good for you for committing to learning Spanish.

You will be surprised that so much of Barcelona revolves around Catalan instead of Spanish. Between that and how well everyone spoke English, it was actually not the best immersive experience. But what is great is that so much signage and menus and such are in Catalan, English, and Spanish (often in that order), so you can constantly quiz yourself by trying to understand the Spanish portion and then refer to the English.

lazer69

« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2023, 03:23:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You will be surprised that so much of Barcelona revolves around Catalan instead of Spanish. Between that and how well everyone spoke English, it was actually not the best immersive experience. But what is great is that so much signage and menus and such are in Catalan, English, and Spanish (often in that order), so you can constantly quiz yourself by trying to understand the Spanish portion and then refer to the English.

That’s really interesting. Ya taking on Catalan on top of Spanish while also trying to improve my Bulgarian is too much haha. I’m going to be in cities smaller than BCN most my time in 🇪🇸 I’ll be in The south (Andalusia) I’m sure I’ll have opportunity to be put to the test 😬:)

I hope to have just as good of a time in Barcelona as you !

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal

aciddrop420

• Rep: 0
« Reply #384 on: October 09, 2023, 05:36:56 PM »

Traveling to barcelona for the first time in a few weeks and we wanna find this spot, anyone know where it is? Would be greatly appreciated

As well as any other transition spots you can think of would be amazing

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:37 AM »

Traveling to barcelona for the first time in a few weeks and we wanna find this spot, anyone know where it is? Would be greatly appreciated

As well as any other transition spots you can think of would be amazing

I think that this boat is around Valencia not Barcelona.

Transition spots in Barcelona: Canyelles, Zona Franca and Marbella.

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2023, 02:19:10 PM »
Wasn't there a boat in badalona that got moved though? To some guy's house or something. Just down the coast.

Remember seeing the instagram clip. Not sure of exact location though but apparently if you hit him up they are cool for people to come through.

I will ask around and come back

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »
Wasn't there a boat in badalona that got moved though? To some guy's house or something. Just down the coast.

Remember seeing the instagram clip. Not sure of exact location though but apparently if you hit him up they are cool for people to come through.

I will ask around and come back

I just live in the City next to Badalona but never heard about, if you have more info let me know :)).

The one that I mentioned is now Vinaròs (Valencia). Just found out the guy that took it home and he usually let people skate it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnbGQ1utb3-/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:56:46 AM by alraunen »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2023, 10:51:31 AM »
Anyone know what’s happening to Paralell?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2023, 10:44:04 AM »
Anyone know what’s happening to Paralell?

They're demolishing the balcony and the center ledges to make a basketball court.

I used to love Paral·lel back in the day but they screwed a few years back.