Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419733 times)

Punished Skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1380 on: December 12, 2022, 03:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck, video went private just before I got to watch it.  Any guesses as to who or what got him to axe it?
[close]

Probably the part where he said Thrasher never even had Nigel in the running because of the SA allegations. He later pinned a comment from himself saying that he was only guessing that’s why Nigel wasn’t in the running. Because he had insider info that the race was only between TJ and T-Funk, and given the footage Nigel released there was no other explanation as to why he wouldn’t be in the top two. He might have taken it down to edit that part out.
[close]

This is what gifted said on Patreon
Expand Quote
Had to take it down because it had the potential to get someone fired. So it will live here for now
[close]

my guess is it was gary rogers

My guess would be Ted Schmitz because GH has got the Ryan Lay/Vent City connection.

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #1381 on: December 12, 2022, 03:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck, video went private just before I got to watch it.  Any guesses as to who or what got him to axe it?
[close]

Probably the part where he said Thrasher never even had Nigel in the running because of the SA allegations. He later pinned a comment from himself saying that he was only guessing that’s why Nigel wasn’t in the running. Because he had insider info that the race was only between TJ and T-Funk, and given the footage Nigel released there was no other explanation as to why he wouldn’t be in the top two. He might have taken it down to edit that part out.
[close]

He got into pretty dicey territory at that part saying "where there's smoke there's fire" and insinuating he knew more about the allegations/other allegations. Saying things that could probably warrant legal action in certain places. It was off the cuff, and careless.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmEGofQDhKC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1382 on: December 12, 2022, 04:57:49 PM »
He deleted the video because it was hot garbage. I don’t remember it all but
-claims TJ is too friendly with Thrasher… as if Louie isn’t?
-I love seeing people one up themselves at spots they’ve skated before but, to each his own I guess. Not really a valid criticism though.
-GH:  “I don’t like the sports-like vibe of the SOTY race”
Also GH:  “I’ve run the stats on what percent of of TJs tricks are jumping over stuff 🤓…” “the established rules say you don’t have to clear the subway ‘rumble strips’ but you do have to clear the picnic table this certain way” lol
-The backside flip?? In the days that SOTY is being decided Tyshawn is out every night pushing himself to get insane clips at like 4 am and he gets another hammer, sends it to thrasher… what exactly is the problem?

Joining in trying to discredit Tyshawn over dumb shit just makes him look butt hurt because Tyshawn embarrassed him last time with the “case closed” post. Gifted Hater coulda worked out his feelings without recording it this time.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #1383 on: December 12, 2022, 07:42:54 PM »
The real conspiracy is that SOTY is just a vehicle to drive up numbers at SLAP discussion forums to increase ad revenue so then the forum runs at a profit for the rest of the year and they don't have to mothball it once the views drop off and the regulars are sitting round talking about how 8.67" with 54.7mm wheels is the ultimate setup for switch varial dolphin flips.

Where have 54.7mm’s been all my life, I’ll come back all year for stuff like that revelation.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1384 on: December 12, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »
Expand Quote
The real conspiracy is that SOTY is just a vehicle to drive up numbers at SLAP discussion forums to increase ad revenue so then the forum runs at a profit for the rest of the year and they don't have to mothball it once the views drop off and the regulars are sitting round talking about how 8.67" with 54.7mm wheels is the ultimate setup for switch varial dolphin flips.
[close]

Where have 54.7mm’s been all my life, I’ll come back all year for stuff like that revelation.
If you don't buy 55mm wheels, skate em til they all read 54.7mm on the caliper, then store them in a hermetically sealed bag, why even bother skating?
Untitled by

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #1385 on: December 12, 2022, 07:57:44 PM »
He deleted the video because it was hot garbage. I don’t remember it all but
-claims TJ is too friendly with Thrasher… as if Louie isn’t?
-I love seeing people one up themselves at spots they’ve skated before but, to each his own I guess. Not really a valid criticism though.
-GH:  “I don’t like the sports-like vibe of the SOTY race”
Also GH:  “I’ve run the stats on what percent of of TJs tricks are jumping over stuff 🤓…” “the established rules say you don’t have to clear the subway ‘rumble strips’ but you do have to clear the picnic table this certain way” lol
-The backside flip?? In the days that SOTY is being decided Tyshawn is out every night pushing himself to get insane clips at like 4 am and he gets another hammer, sends it to thrasher… what exactly is the problem?

Joining in trying to discredit Tyshawn over dumb shit just makes him look butt hurt because Tyshawn embarrassed him last time with the “case closed” post. Gifted Hater coulda worked out his feelings without recording it this time.

he also kept bitching about how Nyjah “gave Thrasher all his footage”, yet Need That was released through Nike, not Thrasher.

Shine On was released through Thrasher but nobody gave a shit about that video.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #1386 on: December 12, 2022, 09:22:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If you don't buy 55mm wheels, skate em til they all read 54.7mm on the caliper, then store them in a hermetically sealed bag, why even bother skating?
Untitled by

And my mom keeps telling me I won’t meet cool people on the internet 8)

switchfakie

« Reply #1387 on: December 13, 2022, 09:25:40 AM »
what happened to the gifted hater video he just made on criticizing the SOTY process?

was one of his accusations in the video false and he had to take it down?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1388 on: December 13, 2022, 11:15:07 AM »
clown ass bitch

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1389 on: December 13, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
Pocket magazine is releasing a Followed on him this Thursday.

I wish he would get on a Podcast with The Bunt crew. I feel like that would be a good pairing.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1390 on: December 13, 2022, 11:40:00 AM »
Pocket magazine is releasing a Followed on him this Thursday.

I wish he would get on a Podcast with The Bunt crew. I feel like that would be a good pairing.

Calling it for season 13

They talked about him with Mason Silva on the finale episode of the latest season. Mason knows him and skates with him sometimes so I think that connection will get made. GH had said he has love for The Bunt and would be on so it's a matter of time. Would be an amazing finale to the next season to have him on

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1391 on: December 13, 2022, 12:21:53 PM »
It was some bad takes, him saying Thrasher wouldn't give SOTY to Nyjah cause of his allegations was a farrrr stretch. Thrasher wouldn't give it to Nyjah cause they still think they're too cool for Nyjah. Even after doing a Lacoste collaboration.

switchfakie

« Reply #1392 on: December 13, 2022, 02:01:24 PM »
It was some bad takes, him saying Thrasher wouldn't give SOTY to Nyjah cause of his allegations was a farrrr stretch. Thrasher wouldn't give it to Nyjah cause they still think they're too cool for Nyjah. Even after doing a Lacoste collaboration.

word, yeh i thought some of the points he made in the video was kinda reaching

your reason makes the most sense. fuck thrasher, shits kooky asf, ive felt since phelps died it entirely lost its grit, maybe even before that because i never really liked phelps that much to begin with

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1393 on: December 13, 2022, 02:27:48 PM »
I only had only just started it before it was taken down but I was cracking up when he called out that goober at shredz shop for being clueless.

#switchgod

• Rep: -98
  • One love.
« Reply #1394 on: December 13, 2022, 05:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
him saying Thrasher wouldn't give SOTY to Nyjah cause of his allegations was a farrrr stretch.
[close]

I dont think its a stretch at all. I said the same thing on here last week.

Expand Quote
I think Thrasher was just trying to avoid the inevitable shitstorm of rape accusations if they gave it to him.
[close]

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1395 on: December 13, 2022, 05:41:11 PM »
what happened to the gifted hater video he just made on criticizing the SOTY process?

was one of his accusations in the video false and he had to take it down?

Repost of the video for those interested

Edit: Taken down less than an hour after I posted lol.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 06:35:46 PM by Grant Patronik »

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
« Reply #1396 on: December 13, 2022, 05:47:18 PM »
I only had only just started it before it was taken down but I was cracking up when he called out that goober at shredz shop for being clueless.

Those Shredz Shop videos are solid gold.  They always remind me of doing a low effort oral presentation for some like secondarily important class in high school where you straight copied and pasted from Wikipedia and are reading directly off the PowerPoint slides

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
« Reply #1397 on: December 14, 2022, 02:27:08 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmKSzx4KbIA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Followed on pocket skate tomorrow morning. Should be lots of material for both detractors and enjoyers alike.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1398 on: December 14, 2022, 07:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those Shredz Shop videos are solid gold.  They always remind me of doing a low effort oral presentation for some like secondarily important class in high school where you straight copied and pasted from Wikipedia and are reading directly off the PowerPoint slides

@big_kev_215 that's a perfect description lol

stoked to see GH's Pocket Mag part

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #1399 on: December 14, 2022, 07:15:13 PM »

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 173

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #1401 on: December 14, 2022, 08:17:49 PM »
See yall in the waiting room

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1402 on: December 14, 2022, 08:32:35 PM »
See yall in the waiting room

Play Dead premiere? Nah

Mikey Alfred premiere? Nah.

GH Pocket Mag premiere? No excuse not to be there. We need Twitch chat emojis though, none of this YouTube chat BS.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1403 on: December 14, 2022, 11:26:29 PM »
Buzzcut makes him look like provost with a library instead of weed card

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #1404 on: December 15, 2022, 04:40:34 AM »

i sometimes watch the pj silhouette gif in yr sig, but telling my brain that he's going the over way.

it turns the line into fakie fs flip, reg bs flip and then switch back 360 kf.

pretty dope to see what a pj back3 kf on flat would like.

has anyone ever done that on flat?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2022, 07:03:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i sometimes watch the pj silhouette gif in yr sig, but telling my brain that he's going the over way.

Mike Arnold does a crazy one (switch) here at 4:47, he’s done them over some big flat gaps too

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2022, 07:13:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Mike Arnold does a crazy one (switch) here at 4:47, he’s done them over some big flat gaps too

Check 14:35, you can see PJ doing the trick

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2022, 09:19:56 AM »
That was a fun watch. Enjoyed the Jerry footage and the shot at borra at the end  ;D

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #1409 on: December 15, 2022, 09:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Check 14:35, you can see PJ doing the trick

thanks dudes, that mike arnold one was wild