Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418903 times)

chudzinski, Double Pegasus and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Re: Gifted Hater street part
« Reply #1740 on: February 14, 2023, 05:26:56 PM »
Really enjoy his skate style, but that was more of a “gifted hater curb part”. Maybe he just has no pop.
He carries speed nicely through all his shit and as some one else said most is super clean too.

I like hearing songs I’ve never heard before.

beug

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1741 on: February 14, 2023, 05:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
music sucked but probably was intentional seeing as he is an internet troll playing a joke on us all.
[close]

It’s a little sociopathic to spend all the time and effort to film a really nice part and then intentionally choose to use the most repellent song in the history of mankind.  Imagine how much better this would have been if he was skating to En Vogue or something.

Or is it possible that we are completely out-of-touch with what the kids like?  Maybe we just listened to their generation’s version of The Beatles.

not wrong, zendaya definitely has more integrity than the beatles

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #1742 on: February 14, 2023, 05:29:16 PM »
Blunt fakie manny flip was sick

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1743 on: February 14, 2023, 05:33:33 PM »
WE MAKE IT LOOK EASY

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #1744 on: February 14, 2023, 05:53:17 PM »
This fucking autistic person pops his tricks like Jeff D after getting his foot run over by a car. I hope somebody rapes his half breed English mom to that shit song too.

??????

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1745 on: February 14, 2023, 05:55:40 PM »
This fucking autistic person pops his tricks like Jeff D after getting his foot run over by a car. I hope somebody rapes his half breed English mom to that shit song too.
How do you and the "he looks like a pedo" guy think any of that is funny? There's not even a dark humor aspect to your comment; you sound like a 30 year old Twitter replies edge lord.

nollieboulala

• Rep: 6
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #1746 on: February 14, 2023, 05:56:54 PM »
skating is great, but I might just have to re-edit with actual music.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #1747 on: February 14, 2023, 05:59:38 PM »
Here's the song

Also this comment made me laugh:
"He had to pick an obnoxious song so you can’t hear him moan after he lands every trick"

bardcore

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1748 on: February 14, 2023, 06:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How do you and the "he looks like a pedo" guy think any of that is funny? There's not even a dark humor aspect to your comment; you sound like a 30 year old Twitter replies edge lord.
Just cause a man skates curbs
Doesn't make him a pedo
I don't think he plays with wooden boys
Like his name is Gepetto
G-Hater post a girlfriend to put
This subject to bed-oh

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1749 on: February 14, 2023, 06:50:44 PM »
Love that he prefaced this with the tier list - skating was rad - song was hilarious

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1750 on: February 14, 2023, 06:56:07 PM »
I knew he was good but this still really passed my expectations. Actually feels like something I'd watch even if I wasn't a fan of his other videos. Didn't like the strobeck filming though and there were definitely some clips that weren't on the same level as the rest

the clip at :50 shows his grip that has, "strobuck," cut out of it. Joa's playing 4d chess in 8 dimensions in this part.

I think (and hope) he becomes a legit amateur this year and gets fully on Sci Fi. there's some pretty nutty tricks in this. dude's got his own flavor of tha juice. joa da juiceman.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #1751 on: February 14, 2023, 07:02:31 PM »

Wow you fucking suck

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1752 on: February 14, 2023, 07:09:01 PM »
‘twas very good. I have no problem with this dude at all even though I think he’s objectively wrong sometimes and is no real expert on skating. I just appreciate a good shit talker.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1753 on: February 14, 2023, 07:32:13 PM »

Dan confirmed

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1179
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1754 on: February 14, 2023, 07:33:26 PM »
Here's the song

Also this comment made me laugh:
"He had to pick an obnoxious song so you can’t hear him moan after he lands every trick"

I kind of hated the song but I respect the music video going all in on basic autumn pumpkin spicers
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:04:50 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #1755 on: February 14, 2023, 07:50:43 PM »
With Gifted Hater's channel rises in subscribers, this thread continues to lengthen in pages, such as life as we continue to learn and grow. Wow. Such beauty.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1756 on: February 14, 2023, 08:32:56 PM »
Yeah I kinda wanted some noise, like the MBV “Sometimes” track he used in one of the Vlogman4000 edits.  I appreciate that irony is his thing, and being more earnest would open him up to criticism, but yeah, not my favorite song choice, free electronic whatever it is, I just think he is capable of more but that will hopefully come with time.  His skating is fun to watch.
im wine drunk but mbv is so good and almost perfect or any video part. Thank you for reminding me to put on their vinyl

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1757 on: February 14, 2023, 08:43:00 PM »
I like joa and his skating but using that song is a defense mechanism 100%. Mans got some quick feet. Also, he reminds me of that nerdy kid in middle school that was always inexplicably sweaty... Hi joa

Expand Quote
I knew he was good but this still really passed my expectations. Actually feels like something I'd watch even if I wasn't a fan of his other videos. Didn't like the strobeck filming though and there were definitely some clips that weren't on the same level as the rest
[close]

the clip at :50 shows his grip that has, "strobuck," cut out of it. Joa's playing 4d chess in 8 dimensions in this part.

I think (and hope) he becomes a legit amateur this year and gets fully on Sci Fi. there's some pretty nutty tricks in this. dude's got his own flavor of tha juice. joa da juiceman.

It says "starbucks"

Joa got da juice fo sho

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
« Reply #1758 on: February 14, 2023, 10:23:56 PM »

bohemian

• Rep: -324
« Reply #1759 on: February 15, 2023, 12:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote
How are you taking the song seriously instead of just laughing at it. He's constantly using the most outrageous monster energy edm music
[close]

Skaters using irritating music they don't actually like for ironic lolz just strikes me as an overly self-conscious defense mechanism. Like someone who was 90% done with a pretty good painting and decided to scribble a big red dick on it to distance themselves from the potential sting of negative feedback. There's plenty of guilty pleasure garbage music from the past that's both bad but bearable. Or maybe he just didn't have the time or mental energy to obsess over the music and was just trying to avoid a copyright strike. I don't know.

Music aside, GH is a better skater than I or any of my friends have ever been even during our peak teenage years before we got into beer & weed.

agree, using ironic music is most def a defence mechanism. music is such an integral element of a skatepart, doing this clearly puts it in another light than if it was something he was truly proud of. shame, because its pretty good, not pro level good, but still something he should put up as a personal acheivement in his skateboard life.

Dick Dastardly

• Rep: 9
  • Muttley!!!
« Reply #1760 on: February 15, 2023, 01:07:06 AM »
Kids got no pop and does too many Nollie shuvs.2/10
Muttley!!!!

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #1761 on: February 15, 2023, 01:34:47 AM »
I thought that was sick, to his credit, in his youtube skater tier list video he mentioned that typically they always skate park like skate spots (perfect ledge, or bank etc) and he definitely has a more raw street approach, he pulls it off really well.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1762 on: February 15, 2023, 02:26:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Watched it skipping bits, he seems to have a good amount of tricks and terrible style, which is very relatable.
[close]

Did your big dick keep hitting fast forward it’s only 3 mins long lol
[close]
hahha, just trying to not give weird youtubers watch-time, I already regretted clicking even though I don't know how it works when the vid is embedded somewhere else like here, I didn't realize it was 3 mins

Weirdest take in this thread by a mile, and that says something
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #1763 on: February 15, 2023, 02:37:53 AM »
Ironic or not, has there ever been worse music for a part? Very good skating though.

Chandler burton had a similar song in one of his parts

I really don't understand zoomer music
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

hocusfocus

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1765 on: February 15, 2023, 05:17:40 AM »
dude he likes the music. you can both ironically enjoy and actually enjoy something. it’s camp.

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1766 on: February 15, 2023, 05:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Watched it skipping bits, he seems to have a good amount of tricks and terrible style, which is very relatable.
[close]

Did your big dick keep hitting fast forward it’s only 3 mins long lol
[close]
hahha, just trying to not give weird youtubers watch-time, I already regretted clicking even though I don't know how it works when the vid is embedded somewhere else like here, I didn't realize it was 3 mins
[close]

Weirdest take in this thread by a mile, and that says something

sure
I hope somebody rapes his half breed English mom to that shit song too.

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1767 on: February 15, 2023, 05:39:50 AM »

DAMN! 5/10 on the nutty scale just freeballin' it? I'd say you've peaked Joa. Time to retire.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1768 on: February 15, 2023, 06:31:18 AM »
lol at the old dudes thinking that people can only listen to hyperpop ironically
check my music

bink

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1769 on: February 15, 2023, 07:32:54 AM »
Song definitely wasn't chosen ironically imo. He likes the song and it works with the part. Matched the trick selection really well.

Also, I think no matter what people were going to criticize his song selection based on who he is -- like saying he was trying too hard, or his tricks weren't good enough for this type of music, etc. I think he just figured since people are going to criticize it either way might as well choose a song he actually wants to skate to regardless if the skate world isn't ready for these types of hammers