Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 418881 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2490 on: April 17, 2023, 06:01:31 AM »
You guys are all fucking up. No matter how many extra stages or extra shit you add it's still just gonna be Mac & cheese. Boil pasta, drain water, throw some cheese in the pot and shake it a bit and you're done. Takes like 15 mins including prep, eating and cleanup

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2491 on: April 17, 2023, 06:08:02 AM »
9 times out of 10… Kraft Mac N Cheese is better than any “fancy” mac and cheese you get from a restaurant.  Maybe this belongs in the Hot Little Takes thread.

I can be a bit of a food snob, especially since my girlfriend works at a farm and is friends with local food producers, but I totally agree. All that fancy lobster and smoked gouda mac n cheese doesn't hit the same as Kraft. My second favorite is the mac from chikfila.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #2492 on: April 17, 2023, 06:12:24 AM »
I think of expensive mac and cheese on restaurant menus as a bougie elevation of the toddler delicacy.

One of my go-to college apartment meals was a box of velveeta shells and cheese mixed with a can of hormel chili. Probably pushing north of 3500 mg of sodium. I'd probably have a mild stroke if I ate that now

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2493 on: April 17, 2023, 06:35:33 AM »
Beatrice is 28?! I thought she was much younger than that - I was hoping/expecting her skating to gradually improve enough to not be a conversation topic anymore. If you're 28 and you've been consistently working at skating since you were a kid, you're most likely as good as you're going to get (and your skate prime has probably already happened, tbh). Not like she's jumping down El Toro or anything, but 28 is getting to the age where your body starts to let you down.

Not saying she 'doesn't deserve to be pro' - if Dill wants to make you a pro, you're a pro - but it does kind of change my understanding of things.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #2494 on: April 17, 2023, 07:48:19 AM »
Beatrice is 28?! I thought she was much younger than that - I was hoping/expecting her skating to gradually improve enough to not be a conversation topic anymore. If you're 28 and you've been consistently working at skating since you were a kid, you're most likely as good as you're going to get (and your skate prime has probably already happened, tbh). Not like she's jumping down El Toro or anything, but 28 is getting to the age where your body starts to let you down.

Not saying she 'doesn't deserve to be pro' - if Dill wants to make you a pro, you're a pro - but it does kind of change my understanding of things.

Why do you say 28 is the peak? Is that your personal experience? I'm late 20s and still feel like i'm (slowly) improving
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #2495 on: April 17, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »
damn y’all got me cravin Mac n cheese. The best imo is always from a BBQ spot. I want that crispy top and corners too. The best Mac I ever had was at some BBQ spot right outside Atlanta. Still dream of goin back  :-[

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #2496 on: April 17, 2023, 08:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do you say 28 is the peak? Is that your personal experience? I'm late 20s and still feel like i'm (slowly) improving

Same here, 28 and making hella progress. I can still get on FA in 10 years

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2497 on: April 17, 2023, 08:30:02 AM »
i think for her type of skating she will probably just improve with age like Spanky. He may not be doing as big of handrails and stuff, but he is doing way harder / more technical tricks than he ever was.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2498 on: April 17, 2023, 08:54:38 AM »
9 times out of 10… Kraft Mac N Cheese is better than any “fancy” mac and cheese you get from a restaurant.  Maybe this belongs in the Hot Little Takes thread.

there us a macaroni grill restaurant near me and I've never been there, but I havent had that kraft shit since I was a kid, and am now lactose unfriendly and shit up a storm even when I eat a pizza so, guessing it comes down to the how the pasta shells are made and cooked...also guessing the cheese options make it more expensive and American is the cheapest and tastiest cheese for fast food

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2499 on: April 17, 2023, 10:34:35 AM »
Anyone here like Mac&Cheese pizza? Been awhile since I had but I'm a fan

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2500 on: April 17, 2023, 10:46:02 AM »
I hate Mac and cheese
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2501 on: April 17, 2023, 11:03:20 AM »
I hate Mac and cheese

The smell makes me queasy.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2502 on: April 17, 2023, 11:12:20 AM »
I thought the Kraft type mac n cheese from a box was pretty wack but just incorporating a little bit of real cheese (mature cheddar obv first choice) made a world of difference.

Haven't tried a mac n cheese pizza, but since I have my little pizza oven and already use potatoes as a topping I think this might be something to try.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #2503 on: April 17, 2023, 11:33:26 AM »
Mac & Cheese is hugely overrated.

Putting Lobster in that shit is a disrespect to lobsters everywhere.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2504 on: April 17, 2023, 11:38:43 AM »

Nah man seafood in baked mac w/jalapeños is god tier food. Lobster is also a mid seafood, shrimp supremacy.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2505 on: April 17, 2023, 11:39:23 AM »

a self respecting person wouldn't boil a lobster only to throw it in Mac n Cheese...

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2506 on: April 17, 2023, 12:26:11 PM »
Dam didn’t know about Käsespätzle and Älplermagronen

The alpine one incorporates apples? Fuck. Might have to try a recipe was looking some up. Thanks SLAP. Anyone have pics of a Mac they made.

If you think box macaroni and cheese is acceptable that’s very questionable. A nice artisan cheese with quality noodles is enjoyable. The meal already lacks nutrition, especially Kraft boxed, might as well indulge with good quality less processed whole ingredients imo. I understand the appeal of trash but I’m less keen on it personally.

I’ve had pasta on pizza before. Would be a matter of just pouring it on top of a crust but it’s similar to eating macaroni and cheese in a bread bowl so very very indulgent but gotta sin sometimes and enjoy life.

nothing's been the since same

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2507 on: April 17, 2023, 12:52:11 PM »
I definitely understand why some of y'all view Mac n cheese as childish and/or unnecessary to eat anything other than Kraft Mac n cheese, especially since the ladder can be often true, but getting Mac n cheese at a really good soul food place can very likely change your mind. This shit can be an art. I very much agree that the boujee Mac n cheese's tend to not be that good and also be quite extra but, Mac n cheese at a nice soul food place where the recipe has been passed down for generations and is made with passion, is quite the treat

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #2508 on: April 17, 2023, 12:57:48 PM »
A person who hates Mac n cheese AND Beatrice is the final boss constricted in a lab

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2509 on: April 17, 2023, 01:05:31 PM »
I definitely understand why some of y'all view Mac n cheese as childish and/or unnecessary to eat anything other than Kraft Mac n cheese, especially since the ladder can be often true, but getting Mac n cheese at a really good soul food place can very likely change your mind. This shit can be an art. I very much agree that the boujee Mac n cheese's tend to not be that good and also be quite extra but, Mac n cheese at a nice soul food place where the recipe has been passed down for generations and is made with passion, is quite the treat

Trueee, soul food joint mac n cheese is different it’s always that perfect homemade stringy thick slop consistency. I really could go for catfish and mac with yams right about now.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #2510 on: April 17, 2023, 01:08:20 PM »
Kraft mac & cheese isn't real.

Simmer heavy cream, add american slices of your choice, salt & pepper, and fresh cooked noodle of your choice is simply the best, and is so easy.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2511 on: April 17, 2023, 01:08:31 PM »
I wish it was made with other types of pasta, like spaghetti and cheese

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #2512 on: April 17, 2023, 01:18:13 PM »
To be honest, while mac is great and spätzle even more so - in terms of quick and creamy pasta recipes absolutely nothing tops a great plate of spaghetti carbonara (the egg version - not the Alfredo sauce one)

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2513 on: April 17, 2023, 01:30:46 PM »
To be honest, while mac is great and spätzle even more so - in terms of quick and creamy pasta recipes absolutely nothing tops a great plate of spaghetti carbonara (the egg version - not the Alfredo sauce one)
That and a good gnocchi (if you count that as pasta) are my favorite pasta dishes, good soul food mac n cheese is a very close third though (might be worth noting I've never had Käsespätzle, looking forward to trying that). My mom makes a fantastic spaghetti carbonara. She makes it with pancetta, which can be controversial but her's comes out delicious!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 01:39:31 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2514 on: April 17, 2023, 01:56:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can be a bit of a food snob, especially since my girlfriend works at a farm and is friends with local food producers, but I totally agree. All that fancy lobster and smoked gouda mac n cheese doesn't hit the same as Kraft. My second favorite is the mac from chikfila.

Be careful to whom you admit that. LOL. I'm a fan of their mac too, but Trader Joe's frozen is better.

Living in California (Pasadena), I get a lot of shook reactions when I tell people I often eat at Chick-Fil-A because I live walking distance from one of their locations. When I mentioned that to my stylist, I was afraid I was gonna get booted from the unisex hair salon I patronize, which is very LGBTQ+ friendly. I forget how anti-gay, Christian CFA are (at least the founders)… but it's hard to resist that chicken and convenience.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #2515 on: April 17, 2023, 01:56:52 PM »
I had no idea americans (in my head, 90% of you are american) know about spätzle. Is it common in food places there or do you make it yourselves? One of my favorite foods. Infinite variations, works with almost everything

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2516 on: April 17, 2023, 01:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
think abt the caliber of skaters that are on/were on FA. then look at beatrice. can you name a single memorable trick, part, contest, clip?

even though most the guys in FA don't skate anymore, at one point they were some of the "coolest" skaters in the scene and established themselves as so.

people are upset because beatrice barely puts out anything other then a 50-50 fs shuv out and a mediocre ig clip once a year and she spends most of her time doing interviews abt how deserved she is of her position in skateboarding. like cmon dude
[close]

Shut up and say something about macaroni and cheese we’ve moved on
[close]

You gotta bake that shit, get some bread crumbs or panko on top and finish it with the broiler.
[close]
Breaded Mac n cheese can be so nice. If anyone has leftover Mac n cheese in the fridge I highly recommended dividing it in little squares or spheres (most Mac n cheese sticks together when it's cold), breading it and then frying it. You will get some lovely little Mac n cheese bites! I recommend a marinara, aioli, sriracha, Valentina or chipotle mayo dipping sauce but there is for sure room to get creative. It's a fun little versatile snack
[close]

Pretty much all the recipes I see for mac'n'cheese (I'm from Europe so it's kind of an exotic dish around here) say to bake it with breadcrumbs, but it seems like such an extra step. Like first you boil the mac, making it perfect edible and cooked already, then you mix it in the sauce, which is already a perfectly good meal, and then at that point you should put it in the oven for some more time? If I wanted to spend an hour cooking I wouldn't be making mac n cheese, you know?

Instead I just make it a quattro formaggi and serve it with a chilled Gamay.

*edit deep fried mac'n'cheese bites (with a bit of jalapeno) are fucking great though, but I'm not making that shit at home

How does everyone feel about green chilis in the mix? I'm a big fan, personally, but only occasionally because too much of anything can wear out its welcome.

Also... Mike Watt in his fIREHOSE/Flyin' the Flannel promo days knows what's up... BBQ places have the best mac for sure:
damn y’all got me cravin Mac n cheese. The best imo is always from a BBQ spot. I want that crispy top and corners too. The best Mac I ever had was at some BBQ spot right outside Atlanta. Still dream of goin back  :-[
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #2517 on: April 17, 2023, 02:07:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That and a good gnocchi (if you count that as pasta) are my favorite pasta dishes, good soul food mac n cheese is a very close third though (might be worth noting I've never had Käsespätzle, looking forward to trying that). My mom makes a fantastic spaghetti carbonara. She makes it with pancetta, which can be controversial but her's comes out delicious!

I prefer pancetta to guanciale.
Gnoochi with sage butter is pure bliss (it might not be pasta, but counts as primo piatto, so i guess it's ok to put both in same category)

I had no idea americans (in my head, 90% of you are american) know about spätzle. Is it common in food places there or do you make it yourselves? One of my favorite foods. Infinite variations, works with almost everything

I'm from Germany – so no surprise i'm on the Käsespätzle train

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2518 on: April 17, 2023, 02:10:25 PM »
Anyone here like Mac&Cheese pizza? Been awhile since I had but I'm a fan

Aka the Cici's Pizza special.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #2519 on: April 17, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »
Dam didn’t know about Käsespätzle and Älplermagronen

The alpine one incorporates apples? Fuck. Might have to try a recipe was looking some up. Thanks SLAP. Anyone have pics of a Mac they made.

If you think box macaroni and cheese is acceptable that’s very questionable. A nice artisan cheese with quality noodles is enjoyable. The meal already lacks nutrition, especially Kraft boxed, might as well indulge with good quality less processed whole ingredients imo. I understand the appeal of trash but I’m less keen on it personally.

I’ve had pasta on pizza before. Would be a matter of just pouring it on top of a crust but it’s similar to eating macaroni and cheese in a bread bowl so very very indulgent but gotta sin sometimes and enjoy life.

No, potatoes. You can eat apple sauce as a side tho, delicious.

Pasta on a pizza sounds wild. You would probably get sentenced to death for that in Italy. Looks yummy tho.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro