Author Topic: Jake Phelps persona non grata  (Read 122201 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Jake Phelps persona non grata
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 01:35:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Props to that dude who's getting ready to run his pockets.
[close]
Just want to remind everybody that Bad Shit (which is apparently more than just a creative name!) has a song where Phelps screams “BOMB DOLORES IN THE RAIN!” and then followed it up by eating shit bombing dolores on a sunny day with the intersections blocked for him, which of course ruined the entire event.

No one respects Dolores. I'd be offended if I was her.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:14 PM »
No doubt Phelps has a kooky history of the shit, but I would like to hear both sides of the story or see some video.

paging rob brink

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
And yet a douchebag like Jake is friends with BA and Elissa...The man is a living contradiction.
[close]

this photo of phelps and grant taylor makes alot of sense now...

I still believe this photo is evidence of sexual assault. No woman would ever willingly kiss that man.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
Whats the difference if he was an asshole to black kid? Is that not allowed?
I bet he was an asshole to every type of person throughout his life but he has good friends in all spheres of society.(LGBT, races and so on)
He is super iritating and I hate him but cmon...

9/11 was a national tragedy

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »
I bet he was an asshole to every type of person throughout his life but he has good friends in all spheres of society.(LGBT, races and so on)

Tell you what dude, consistency is something to be admired. If your gonna be an asshole to one person be an asshole to the next. Now in saying that I implore you to buy the ticket and take the ride to Stockwell and go and be an asshole to the people there. Bon voyage and lycka till.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »

Yeah cmon

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2018, 02:08:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Tell you what dude, consistency is something to be admired. If your gonna be an asshole to one person be an asshole to the next. Now in saying that I implore you to buy the ticket and take the ride to Stockwell and go and be an asshole to the people there. Bon voyage and lycka till.

I understand that but they are calling him a racist all of a sudden.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah cmon

Dude, cmon.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah cmon
[close]

Dudecmon.

gotta catch'em all!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
And yet a douchebag like Jake is friends with BA and Elissa...The man is a living contradiction.
[close]

this photo of phelps and grant taylor makes alot of sense now...

[close]

I still believe this photo is evidence of sexual assault. No woman would ever willingly kiss that man.
I agree, if you look closely at grants hands you can tel they are pushing not pulling

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I like this troll. He’s like a foil, there to give people a way to explain shit in more detail.
 Hating somebody for their actions is fine, the problem is when you hate on them for their ethnicity and are a powerful player in skateboarding. That shit is fucked. Also, when you blow it bombing a hill you are incapable of skating and ruin a sick underground hill skating event, that shit is fucked
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Here's the thing, so far from what I've heard despite him saying some racist shit and telling an African to go back to Africa he isn't being put on blast for being racist. What I heard went down was he did all that and was accused of being an asshole. Knowing what goes down at Stockwell and Southbank on the daily he's lucky he is who he is or he might have got served up rather than given the chance to walk away.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:45 PM »
If Thrasher fires or disassociates themselves from Phelps then nobody will fuck with that kook

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2018, 02:19:00 PM »
i am going to make some popcorn
2nd this

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2018, 02:20:14 PM »
If Thrasher fires or disassociates themselves from Phelps then nobody will fuck with that kook

What does he even do for skateboarding again? Why does anyone care?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2018, 02:21:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I like this troll. He’s like a foil, there to give people a way to explain shit in more detail.
 Hating somebody for their actions is fine, the problem is when you hate on them for their ethnicity and are a powerful player in skateboarding. That shit is fucked. Also, when you blow it bombing a hill you are incapable of skating and ruin a sick underground hill skating event, that shit is fucked

And you know for a fact it was for ethnicity? maybe it started somehow and he just did Kramer thing. But I guess you are going to explain me that in more detail?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Here's the thing, so far from what I've heard despite him saying some racist shit and telling an African to go back to Africa he isn't being put on blast for being racist. What I heard went down was he did all that and was accused of being an asshole. Knowing what goes down at Stockwell and Southbank on the daily he's lucky he is who he is or he might have got served up rather than given the chance to walk away.

Than ok. Thats the phelphs we all know and dont like. And what now?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2018, 02:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Honestly, next London trip just sit back and watch the show.

shark tits

« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he answers mail drop and hands out t-eddies. also SOTY and he taught us to heil cardiel and taught us the meaning of zorched.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
he answers mail drop and hands out t-eddies. also SOTY and he taught us to heil cardiel and taught us the meaning of zorched.

Lmao its almost like i care even less now

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Honestly, next London trip just sit back and watch the show.

I would be happy if someone beat him up then and there

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2018, 02:33:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lies I learned to hail cardiel from multiple transworld articles I read in 7th grade and ended up googling him and watching all his footage. Phelps association only degrades him
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2018, 02:42:44 PM »
this happened in the past and he was just doing it for shock value to piss off the squares. it’s not like he killed anyone. nobody’s perfect. log off the internet, keyboard warriors

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »
He did call BA a faggot. Possibly not knowing he was gay at the time, but still. Also, yeah, people in skateboarding do interact with him but most probably more out of necessity or his loosely understood OG status than desire. What happened to Sieben taking over? I'd subscribe again after 10 years for that.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
it really annoyed me in matt mumfords slave radio television part where his ender is the channel gap back lip and all you see/hear is phelps talking

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m going to take a wild guess and suggest that Phelps probably Code-switched like a dumbass who thought he had the pass from his darker-skinned friends on some emotionally-charged Tupac Hit Em Up and failed miserably doing so.
[close]

Actually that sounds pretty plausible
[close]
What's "code-switching"?
[close]

changing lingo depending on who you are talking to
[close]

People of all walks of life do this shit, nothing to be alarmed over.

I just roll with it...

i think the phelps situation is kind of different but...

i used to live in australia in growing up and in the country in louisiana and i find that when i talk to people from those areas some of the slang and inflections start popping up. it's not intentional, it just kind of happens.

morningcommute

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m going to take a wild guess and suggest that Phelps probably Code-switched like a dumbass who thought he had the pass from his darker-skinned friends on some emotionally-charged Tupac Hit Em Up and failed miserably doing so.
[close]

Actually that sounds pretty plausible
[close]
What's "code-switching"?
[close]

changing lingo depending on who you are talking to
[close]

People of all walks of life do this shit, nothing to be alarmed over.

I just roll with it...
[close]

i think the phelps situation is kind of different but...

i used to live in australia in growing up and in the country in louisiana and i find that when i talk to people from those areas some of the slang and inflections start popping up. it's not intentional, it just kind of happens.

No one accused phelps of trying to buddy up to a black guy but talking jive. They said he spat at a little girl and told a black man to go back to africa.

People making excuses for this just highlights their own bigotry. Guys that supported phelps are goonna look pretty stupid .

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
Just think about how when the Andy Roy / tnt thing went down dirtbagp went to Phelps to be the arbitrator. Man, skateboarding is in bad hands.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
Just think about how when the Andy Roy / tnt thing went down dirtbagp went to Phelps to be the arbitrator. Man, skateboarding is in bad hands.

If you think skating is in bad hands then it's been in bad hands for what, twenty years? But skating nowadays isn't really in anybody's hands, it's floating around on the internet with shitty trap music and too many step hops and body varials. Everything's fine really, you'll always be able to step on a board and session whatever. Phelps doesn't have any sort of worldwide impact except his four word responses to letters in thrasher
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
Uhh that's probably cause he's close friends with both sides maybe. I don't really know who would make a better mascot for skateboarding than than some washed up gnar clown. Really who? Fred gall, the cracksmoking alcoholic shitbag that saves peoples life's? (yeah that would be sick)

But I digress

He's a shithead, says racist things but really isn't racist like that. For fuck sake they did a skate rock Africa. You guys know what it is already, this is just takedown mode yall in, that's ok but I'm not in it. I've fucked peoples lives up before and it doesn't feel good after the fact.

What even is skateboarding these days?

Ain't no one clean out there. You ain't gonna find what you guys are looking for. Keep searching if you want though.