Author Topic: LGBTQ Skateboarding CNN Article  (Read 26419 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: LGBTQ Skateboarding CNN Article
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2018, 09:18:20 AM »
Expand Quote
These groups are fun because I can go and be horrible and nobody cares that I suck. Gives me some sort of ego boost. Plus, the kids are really sweet, helping each other learn to drop in or ollie. It's fucking endearing.

I love watching people get a thrill out of rolling off a curb...so much more exciting than watching some bro squeal and throw his board because he can't land a nollie flip down a six set or something.

Also *Simpsons gif where the old man comes in and hangs his hat, then turns around, grabs his hat and leaves*
[close]

if i was forced to bail a nollie flip because a rogue birkenstock sandal that fell off one of these hoes feet got in my way i would be doing a lot more than just squealing like a stuck pig. bunch a posers i tell you.   
Hey guys, check out the Demo King we got here. What's your skatepark session ender ender?

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »
why is your snowflake ass whining about them not following the guidelines? Did they *in reality* not follow guidelines? I bet they did. I bet you're just in your feelings because people you don't know are learning to skate. Grow a pair of ovaries bro.

Expand Quote
Quit your crying snowflake.

Look at reality: most of these skate meet ups that are women/queer/trans focused happen during times of days when parks aren't that crowded, from my experience. If you can even name a time when you've been "marginalized" at a skatepark by some non cis-het-males then I guarantee that's the exception and not the rule.

Anyone who wants to learn how to skate should be able to feel comfortable at a skate park. I agree with one of the posters earlier, as a cis-het-non-white-male-bro even I felt uncomfortable at skateparks as a kid because of weird vibes people put out. If I was a woman or gay or trans then I'm pretty sure there's a high chance I'd feel even more vibes.

Even beginners should be able to feel good and have fun at the park. Should everyone, including newbs and queer/trans/women, learn the basics of park rules? Yep. And most of the Skate Like A Girl/Unity type groups that I've interacted with teach those as basics.

Anyone whining and crying like a little baby about this should go find a safe space to cry in, or just suck it up and realize that there's always room to learn more about something that you'er passionate about. In this case, it's OK to admit that you didn't realize that skating felt exclusive and required all these groups forming to make it more inclusive.

::::

On a separate note, I do think that the caption for that IG post advertising the skate meet up is wack. Still, I recognize it's being hyperbolic *and* it even invites people to come in the last part of the last sentence. So, am I bent out of shape about it? No. Would I write it in that way? Yes. But it's nothing to whine and cry about. Re-phrase it if you're all bent out of shape and post your alternative phrasing rather than be a little snowflake about it.

Expand Quote
just because you can push and stand on a skateboard does not make you a skateboarder and certainly doesn't give you the right to commandeer a skatepark and tell straight male skateboarders that they're not welcome unless they go and adhere to a checklist of social duties laid forth by you. my dad can stand on a board and roll. is he a skateboarder? fuck no. these chicks are baffled why they got vibed at a park by real skateboards. I'm guessing its because your all hanging out on the flat bottom of the fucking bowl taking pictures for your instagram. they might as well be riding scooters. this is total appropriation of skateboarding. these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs.
[close]
[close]

this meet up is literally in the middle of the day. anyone who wants to skate a public skatepark should be able to without guidlelines set forth on them by a bunch of posers (and ya simple guidlines like don't linger in the bottom of the bowl are valid). and these chicks are literally whining that they didn't get the red carpet treatment by the skate community therefore they're attempting to turn a public skatepark into their own safe space just for them. you dumb

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
Also *Simpsons gif where the old man comes in and hangs his hat, then turns around, grabs his hat and leaves*

I got you, homie.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
I don’t get why wanting to be accepted as who you are gets people who aren’t that way so angry. I mean the vast majority of the people on slap I’m guessing are over 18 because of the level of history most know on here. The sport is mainly made up of people under 18 tho, and for those who skate in anywhere not on the east coast/West Coast you have that whole honor culture thing going on with adolescence(if you all are actually interested go read up on honor cultures, it will teach you a lot, its what most misinformed people label as toxic masculinity, which is bullshit interpretation in every way). I’ve heard numerous kids at parks across the country openly hate on the gay skaters that come to the park, and in general believe gay people shouldn’t be apart of the culture or skate because gay people just make skateboarding look less mainly. last park I went to I actually heard a 16 year old scream at the top of his lungs all gay people should be killed, and he wasn’t being ironic. I’ve seen gay skaters get shamed not only at parks but within our own industry. If y’all want to be assholes to people, go fucking ahead, but know who you all basically seem like by association from even gauging the topic from a non-inviting perspective. gay people have it fucking rough in most places across the United States not on the coasts, so I can understand if those living in the coast bubbles have no fucking clue.

I don’t even feel as bad for gay skaters as I do for women skaters. If you have ever seen 4-5 women at a skatepark at once, listen to what people say sometime about them. Most of the time in my experience people generally say the best girl is the one that’s best looking, not the best skater, and then they try to back it up with oh but style. I can for a fact say that there are numerous male skaters who are ugly as fuck that have unbelievable style(McCrank, Silas, Mariano, etc.), and obviously you have the Dylans and BAs, but it’s not like male skaters are judged on how good they look, they are judged on how cool they look for lack of a better word.

Also people getting upset about using fucking pronouns or calling people what they want to be called fuck right off. You should treat people how you wanted to be treated, and I assume you want people to call you by your name instead of whitey or blackey or something more derogatory. How do people get upset of the pronoun thing so much? We as a culture recognized it was wrong to call black people the n word, and all types of other social advancements of our language. Our fucking society has advanced to a point where we just don’t do those things anymore, so anyone who thinks white people shouldnt say the n word yet get pissed about the pronoun game, again, can fuck right off.

I just don’t understand how a fucking culture of outcasts can dog on minorities so much. Smh. I mean I get how much the black race hates gay people far more then white people do(if you don’t believe me go look up prop 8 voter statistics on race for just a small example, again honor cultures). At the end of the day go treat people well, and get as many people stoked on skating because it just helps us all. It gives the industry more money, which helps promote the riders you want to be bumped to pro, and you never know who someone could become one da, maybe a BA, Elissa or the likes, and I sure as fuck bet everyone thinks skateboarding is better with them then without them.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »

This thread.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2018, 09:48:01 AM »
why is your snowflake ass whining about them not following the guidelines? Did they *in reality* not follow guidelines? I bet they did. I bet you're just in your feelings because people you don't know are learning to skate. Grow a pair of ovaries bro.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quit your crying snowflake.

Look at reality: most of these skate meet ups that are women/queer/trans focused happen during times of days when parks aren't that crowded, from my experience. If you can even name a time when you've been "marginalized" at a skatepark by some non cis-het-males then I guarantee that's the exception and not the rule.

Anyone who wants to learn how to skate should be able to feel comfortable at a skate park. I agree with one of the posters earlier, as a cis-het-non-white-male-bro even I felt uncomfortable at skateparks as a kid because of weird vibes people put out. If I was a woman or gay or trans then I'm pretty sure there's a high chance I'd feel even more vibes.

Even beginners should be able to feel good and have fun at the park. Should everyone, including newbs and queer/trans/women, learn the basics of park rules? Yep. And most of the Skate Like A Girl/Unity type groups that I've interacted with teach those as basics.

Anyone whining and crying like a little baby about this should go find a safe space to cry in, or just suck it up and realize that there's always room to learn more about something that you'er passionate about. In this case, it's OK to admit that you didn't realize that skating felt exclusive and required all these groups forming to make it more inclusive.

::::

On a separate note, I do think that the caption for that IG post advertising the skate meet up is wack. Still, I recognize it's being hyperbolic *and* it even invites people to come in the last part of the last sentence. So, am I bent out of shape about it? No. Would I write it in that way? Yes. But it's nothing to whine and cry about. Re-phrase it if you're all bent out of shape and post your alternative phrasing rather than be a little snowflake about it.

Expand Quote
just because you can push and stand on a skateboard does not make you a skateboarder and certainly doesn't give you the right to commandeer a skatepark and tell straight male skateboarders that they're not welcome unless they go and adhere to a checklist of social duties laid forth by you. my dad can stand on a board and roll. is he a skateboarder? fuck no. these chicks are baffled why they got vibed at a park by real skateboards. I'm guessing its because your all hanging out on the flat bottom of the fucking bowl taking pictures for your instagram. they might as well be riding scooters. this is total appropriation of skateboarding. these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs.
[close]
[close]

this meet up is literally in the middle of the day. anyone who wants to skate a public skatepark should be able to without guidlelines set forth on them by a bunch of posers (and ya simple guidlines like don't linger in the bottom of the bowl are valid). and these chicks are literally whining that they didn't get the red carpet treatment by the skate community therefore they're attempting to turn a public skatepark into their own safe space just for them. you dumb
[close]

you're making no sense dude. i can't even understand what you're trying to argue. your *in reality* just making my point more valid. just shut up and stop quoting me. you're a poser.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:50:32 AM by Jeff Groucho »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2018, 09:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
These groups are fun because I can go and be horrible and nobody cares that I suck. Gives me some sort of ego boost. Plus, the kids are really sweet, helping each other learn to drop in or ollie. It's fucking endearing.

I love watching people get a thrill out of rolling off a curb...so much more exciting than watching some bro squeal and throw his board because he can't land a nollie flip down a six set or something.

[close]

if i was forced to bail a nollie flip because a rogue birkenstock sandal that fell off one of these hoes feet got in my way i would be doing a lot more than just squealing like a stuck pig. bunch a posers i tell you.

I was going to post a snarky response, but the rogue birkenstock thing made me laugh. Next time I'll leave my sandals at home.

Hoeboi

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2018, 09:57:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was going to post a snarky response, but the rogue birkenstock thing made me laugh. Next time I'll leave my sandals at home.

i have no gripe with the lgbt community, but if i show up to my local park ready to shred and I'm turned away by a bunch of pac sun posers because i happen to have a cock in my pants then there will be hell to pay.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
I can't use rational thought to form a valid argument so I'm going to revert to tarring people with stereotypical preconceptions even though that is what I'm attempting to rally against.

This thread.
Ftfy

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i have no gripe with the lgbt community, but if i show up to my local park ready to shred and I'm turned away by a bunch of pac sun posers because i happen to have a cock in my pants then there will be hell to pay.

And until then there will be hell to pay on Slap?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey pal, I'll never turn you away on the basis of the fact that you have a cock in your pants.

Mongoloid

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey pal, I'll never turn you away on the basis of the fact that you have a cock in your pants.

Gay even encourages it!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can't use rational thought to form a valid argument so I'm going to revert to tarring people with stereotypical preconceptions even though that is what I'm attempting to rally against.

This thread.
[close]
Ftfy
[close]

I gave you multiple posts of valid arguments. Of which, you never gave me a single valid response other than calling me an idiot, repeating what I said back to me, and telling me that I was making this political. You really think I want this to be a political issue? All I was advocating for is for these kids to have their time and space to learn the ins and outs of skating. Bottom line. All you have done is write me boring ad hominem responses.

Maybe you should go back and read what I said and then we can reach a middle ground. Or just keep up the douchy contrarianism. No skin off my back.
I'm all for finding middle ground so how about you PM me and we can reach it. The ad hominem stuff is coming from your side too (my perception vs your perception). I too think everyone should have a time and space to enjoy skateboarding so I'd like to squash this but I still maintain that your argument thus far has not been "valid" and that you have made it political. I will be the first person to climb down from something that is brought to my attention. Your last response was ad hominem if most of these arguments only from the side of the minority which does not make it more valid. Let's do this because I firmly believe we can sing from the same hymn sheet.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
i think its great that they are trying to make a space for themselves and i wish them well that being said I just want to remind everyone that that after i get out of work tomorrow the park is reserved for overweight Pisces who just got out of work dressed in business casual attire and land less than 1/10 kick-flips... maybe a few of their friends if they can come.  sorry for the inconvenience.  please give money to my mom.   
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Mongoloid

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2018, 11:01:13 AM »
Let's do this because I firmly believe we can sing from the same HIM sheet.

FTFY, you can thank me later.

Hoeboi

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This thread.
[close]
Ftfy
[close]

I gave you multiple posts of valid arguments. Of which, you never gave me a single valid response other than calling me an idiot, repeating what I said back to me, and telling me that I was making this political. You really think I want this to be a political issue? All I was advocating for is for these kids to have their time and space to learn the ins and outs of skating. Bottom line. All you have done is write me boring ad hominem responses.

Maybe you should go back and read what I said and then we can reach a middle ground. Or just keep up the douchy contrarianism. No skin off my back.
[close]
I'm all for finding middle ground so how about you PM me and we can reach it. The ad hominem stuff is coming from your side too (my perception vs your perception). I too think everyone should have a time and space to enjoy skateboarding so I'd like to squash this but I still maintain that your argument thus far has not been "valid" and that you have made it political. I will be the first person to climb down from something that is brought to my attention. Your last response was ad hominem if most of these arguments only from the side of the minority which does not make it more valid. Let's do this because I firmly believe we can sing from the same hymn sheet.
[close]

All right, good shit. Sorry I have been really defensive, this issue has a lot of personal feelings associated with it. Anyways, as far as the political aspect of it goes, here's the thing. The lgbtq community does not want to politicize their lives, but its the pushback from the right wing that has made it so. Take the Stonewall riots for example. All the queer and trans folk were happy living their lives quartered at the Stonewall inn, but the police came in and do what police do. The brutality faced by the community rendered a political response which helped fire up the liberation movement and so on and so forth.

As far as modern times goes, the lgbtq community has faced a lot of scrutiny from the over saturation of hateful rhetoric to classify all queer and trans people as SJW's.  While that is a small minority, we all get lumped into that radicalized faction. LGBTQ people, at the end of the day, just want to live their lives and assimilate with the populace. And while this queer skate group has said some inflamatory things regarding white, cis men, they do deserve a space to assimilate to our culture. I know that sounds counter intuitive, to start a seperate group to assimiate with the broader whole. But to me it's just the first step to be involved with skateboarding in general. And if they are going to kook it out and not be friendly to others, then they need to rethink their values and the mission of their cause or find a new hobby. But we gotta give them a chance to grow and not just immediatly write them off.

so now im the only asshole thats upset about this. the posers are taking over and you guys are all too fucking blind to see it. it all started with the thrasher tees and now we're losing our skate spots one quarter pipe at a time. i may sound like a street corner apocalyptic preacher but a few years from now when you're forced to skate nothing more than a flatbar in your driveway you'll think to yourself  "man Jeff Groucho was right".

Hoeboi

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2018, 12:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
you'll think to yourself  "man Jeff Groucho sucks"
[close]

why'd you take down that clip of yourself skating to a sound bite of yourself rapping? shit was dope

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
im gay
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »
I don't get how labeling/generalizing straight guys who skate in a negative light and basically letting them know "Your not in our group, but if you want to be try these things:..." makes anyone want to be a part of your group? It will only lead to more people not wanting to be involved with you. IDK what kind of parks these ladies are hanging out at but skaters tend to encourage people who arent "cis males" to keep skating because it is cool to see diversity. The angle CNN takes in this article is everything that is wrong with the world today. Obviously no one wants to be labeled unless its positive, so they just resort to labeling everyone else? what happened to being the better person? come on. Un productive anger fest at its finest. Also, not paying a black woman for her time unless she is providing a service. It might be construed as racist if i walked down the street with cash and started offering it only to black women saying "Im paying you for your time..." HA. especially Beach Blvd.

Hoeboi

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This thread.
[close]
Ftfy
[close]

[close]
[close]

All right, good shit. Sorry I have been really defensive, this issue has a lot of personal feelings associated with it. Anyways, as far as the political aspect of it goes, here's the thing. The lgbtq community does not want to politicize their lives, but its the pushback from the right wing that has made it so. Take the Stonewall riots for example. All the queer and trans folk were happy living their lives quartered at the Stonewall inn, but the police came in and do what police do. The brutality faced by the community rendered a political response which helped fire up the liberation movement and so on and so forth.

As far as modern times goes, the lgbtq community has faced a lot of scrutiny from the over saturation of hateful rhetoric to classify all queer and trans people as SJW's.  While that is a small minority, we all get lumped into that radicalized faction. LGBTQ people, at the end of the day, just want to live their lives and assimilate with the populace. And while this queer skate group has said some inflamatory things regarding white, cis men, they do deserve a space to assimilate to our culture. I know that sounds counter intuitive, to start a seperate group to assimiate with the broader whole. But to me it's just the first step to be involved with skateboarding in general. And if they are going to kook it out and not be friendly to others, then they need to rethink their values and the mission of their cause or find a new hobby. But we gotta give them a chance to grow and not just immediatly write them off.
[close]

so now im the only asshole thats upset about this. the posers are taking over and you guys are all too fucking blind to see it. it all started with the thrasher tees and now we're losing our skate spots one quarter pipe at a time. i may sound like a street corner apocalyptic preacher but a few years from now when you're forced to skate nothing more than a flatbar in your driveway you'll think to yourself  "man Jeff Groucho was right".
[close]

Has there every been an instance where a beginner skater hasn't been labeled a poser when they first start skating? I know I sure was. I was a mongo pushing dork that probably mall grabbed and stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm sure you had to learn the inns and outs too and were just as much a poser as we all were starting off. Let the kids learn and lets not get out the pitchforks and try and kook them out of the park.

I think its very hard to grow up in the current permanent record of social media that remains the current social currency cast upon the youth. You can't be a kid anymore because now everything is made public record to be stripped apart and analyzed by their peers and adults. I'm very happy that I didn't grow up in this age where every misguided action of my adolescent fuckups were shared on the internet. So yes, the whole pay black women for their time is a pretty misguided statement. But they are impressionable kids and I have faith that they will grow out of their apathy.

i agree these kids are terribly misguided and its modern society thats misguiding them. i would never kook someone out of a park, but thats exactly what these girls are trying to put off in their post. "your only welcome if" and for the record i was never a poser, i was ollieing by day 2, the first video i ever saw and owned was Trilogy and i loved sam devlin skating to jesus lizard (that heavy bass line). i was fucking cool from day one.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2018, 01:11:34 PM »
what is most remarkable to me are 3 things:

1. this is the real mainstream news media. not vice, not espn, not pitchfork, this is cnn.

2. cnn basically ripped off the article that was posted on free skate mag last week. rewrote the entire story as if they discovered it.

3. cnn used the skate nazis to make skateboarding look bad. jay adams and jason jessee were both referenced by name in this article and will from now on be what the mainstream will point to and say "look at skateboarding, this is it"

if you don’t know the math than you don’t know the half
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Hoeboi

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This thread.
[close]
Ftfy
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Has there every been an instance where a beginner skater hasn't been labeled a poser when they first start skating? I know I sure was. I was a mongo pushing dork that probably mall grabbed and stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm sure you had to learn the inns and outs too and were just as much a poser as we all were starting off. Let the kids learn and lets not get out the pitchforks and try and kook them out of the park.

I think its very hard to grow up in the current permanent record of social media that remains the current social currency cast upon the youth. You can't be a kid anymore because now everything is made public record to be stripped apart and analyzed by their peers and adults. I'm very happy that I didn't grow up in this age where every misguided action of my adolescent fuckups were shared on the internet. So yes, the whole pay black women for their time is a pretty misguided statement. But they are impressionable kids and I have faith that they will grow out of their apathy.
[close]

i agree these kids are terribly misguided and its modern society thats misguiding them. i would never kook someone out of a park, but thats exactly what these girls are trying to put off in their post. "your only welcome if" and for the record i was never a poser, i was ollieing by day 2, the first video i ever saw and owned was Trilogy and i loved sam devlin skating to jesus lizard (that heavy bass line). i was fucking cool from day one.
[close]

Eh, you kinda lost me with that last part. I don't think you should feel more superior and more deserving of skating at a park because other people didn't meet your personal metric of coolness vs. poserness.  I think you are kinda playing into this idea that this is happening in every park across in America and that these people are coming in and taking away a space you acclimated yourself in. And I understand the overall frustration of your outlook. Its always unnerving when newcomers enter your space that you have devoted so much time to and love to. But I also think that they deserve the opportunity to get hooked into skating just as much as anyone else. And if that necessitates building community to feel comfortable enough to learn the basics, then that's perfectly fine.

skateparks are to be shared, poser or not. just don't let me see you wearing birkenstocks or else my board is flying at your ankle.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2018, 03:03:16 PM »
slap brought to its knees by a random instagram post by a girl who can barely ollie

this site needs an austyn gillette part every week to keep the vibes in check

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

thank god your kind is losing and there is nothing you can do about it.
[close]

nope. i would love nothing more for these chicks to skate where ever they please and continue to do so and have fun. but if they stand by the caption in that IG post then they would have preferred that I not be there skating the park with them that day. fuck that i won't let them oppress me. ill skate wherever and whenever i damn please and i don't need to put up a cock up my ass to do so.

Maybe just try it sometime?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nope. i would love nothing more for these chicks to skate where ever they please and continue to do so and have fun. but if they stand by the caption in that IG post then they would have preferred that I not be there skating the park with them that day. fuck that i won't let them oppress me. ill skate wherever and whenever i damn please and i don't need to put up a cock up my ass to do so.
[close]

Agreed...would definitely help you relax a bit and not be so upset about everything all the time, Groucho.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »
I don’t get why wanting to be accepted as who you are gets people who aren’t that way so angry. I mean the vast majority of the people on slap I’m guessing are over 18 because of the level of history most know on here. The sport is mainly made up of people under 18 tho, and for those who skate in anywhere not on the east coast/West Coast you have that whole honor culture thing going on with adolescence(if you all are actually interested go read up on honor cultures, it will teach you a lot, its what most misinformed people label as toxic masculinity, which is bullshit interpretation in every way). I’ve heard numerous kids at parks across the country openly hate on the gay skaters that come to the park, and in general believe gay people shouldn’t be apart of the culture or skate because gay people just make skateboarding look less mainly. last park I went to I actually heard a 16 year old scream at the top of his lungs all gay people should be killed, and he wasn’t being ironic. I’ve seen gay skaters get shamed not only at parks but within our own industry. If y’all want to be assholes to people, go fucking ahead, but know who you all basically seem like by association from even gauging the topic from a non-inviting perspective. gay people have it fucking rough in most places across the United States not on the coasts, so I can understand if those living in the coast bubbles have no fucking clue.

I don’t even feel as bad for gay skaters as I do for women skaters. If you have ever seen 4-5 women at a skatepark at once, listen to what people say sometime about them. Most of the time in my experience people generally say the best girl is the one that’s best looking, not the best skater, and then they try to back it up with oh but style. I can for a fact say that there are numerous male skaters who are ugly as fuck that have unbelievable style(McCrank, Silas, Mariano, etc.), and obviously you have the Dylans and BAs, but it’s not like male skaters are judged on how good they look, they are judged on how cool they look for lack of a better word.

Also people getting upset about using fucking pronouns or calling people what they want to be called fuck right off. You should treat people how you wanted to be treated, and I assume you want people to call you by your name instead of whitey or blackey or something more derogatory. How do people get upset of the pronoun thing so much? We as a culture recognized it was wrong to call black people the n word, and all types of other social advancements of our language. Our fucking society has advanced to a point where we just don’t do those things anymore, so anyone who thinks white people shouldnt say the n word yet get pissed about the pronoun game, again, can fuck right off.

I just don’t understand how a fucking culture of outcasts can dog on minorities so much. Smh. I mean I get how much the black race hates gay people far more then white people do(if you don’t believe me go look up prop 8 voter statistics on race for just a small example, again honor cultures). At the end of the day go treat people well, and get as many people stoked on skating because it just helps us all. It gives the industry more money, which helps promote the riders you want to be bumped to pro, and you never know who someone could become one da, maybe a BA, Elissa or the likes, and I sure as fuck bet everyone thinks skateboarding is better with them then without them.

Fucking this

Hoeboi

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Agreed...would definitely help you relax a bit and not be so upset about everything all the time, Groucho.

pretending to be a skateboarder is one thing, pretending to be gay is a whole other can of worms. i would never appropriate your culture. you're a good person.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:12:31 PM by Jeff Groucho »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2018, 09:23:05 AM »
Does anyone else feel like they missed the memo with the LBGTQ?  Maybe as a cis male who always assumed he paid black women for their time, it went over my head. :-\
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2018, 09:33:16 AM »
you appropriate pediphile culture w/ that mustache

just popping in to say thanks for the new sig.