Author Topic: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters  (Read 111010 times)

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
Re: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2019, 02:42:05 PM »
I once watched Jerry Fowler try a kickflip back tail on a curb for about an hour. It wasn’t so much awkward as I just felt bad for the guy.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »
I once watched Jerry Fowler try a kickflip back tail on a curb for about an hour. It wasn’t so much awkward as I just felt bad for the guy.

Can we know what year this was to provide some perspective?
p-shuvs and v-flips

Coolhats

« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Marc Johnson - i went to a spot and saw basically "Girl & Chocolate" at the time Marc was skating around most guys were sitting around, i asked him for a game of s.k.a.t.e he's was like "yeah, cool" just seconds after he was about to set a trick Ty Evans comes rolling over "Hey Marc we're outer here, let's go" Marc looks over "sorry dude gotta go.."
[close]

Not to single you out, but since some other posters posted similar things, and this happens to me a lot...

Do people not realize that asking someone you don't know to play SKATE is an incredibly kooky thing to do? I get that, for some people, meeting a pro makes them nervous and they may end up saying or doing something stupid like that, but I swear the next time a random kid asks me to play SKATE at the park I'm going to grill him about his intentions. Is it a power trip because you need to feel better than someone? Is it social anxiety making you say something dumb instead of a simple 'Hi, I'm _____, nice to meet you"? Play SKATE with your close friends if they're not already having fun trying a trick (can't stand when my friends stop me from trying something to convince me to play SKATE with them. I'm not competitive at all and would prefer to never play it). Don't bother strangers.
[close]

Dare i sound entitled but i think this sort of thing is part of the job of being a pro. Theyre public figures and all
[close]
You're right - the job of a pro skater is to be an instrument of marketing for their sponsors. Marketing is sales and sales means interacting with people. This is why some of the best skaters aren't pros or even sponsored - they don't have the social skills to interact with people. Everyone doesn't have the right combination of personality traits. It was way more important in the days of live demos - before video was everything, but it is still part of it.

Playing SKATE should only be something you do with your friends, to warm up. Anything else is weird.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #303 on: April 22, 2019, 03:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can we know what year this was to provide some perspective?

My memory is foggy but I want to say 2011

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #304 on: April 22, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Marc Johnson - i went to a spot and saw basically "Girl & Chocolate" at the time Marc was skating around most guys were sitting around, i asked him for a game of s.k.a.t.e he's was like "yeah, cool" just seconds after he was about to set a trick Ty Evans comes rolling over "Hey Marc we're outer here, let's go" Marc looks over "sorry dude gotta go.."
[close]

Not to single you out, but since some other posters posted similar things, and this happens to me a lot...

Do people not realize that asking someone you don't know to play SKATE is an incredibly kooky thing to do? I get that, for some people, meeting a pro makes them nervous and they may end up saying or doing something stupid like that, but I swear the next time a random kid asks me to play SKATE at the park I'm going to grill him about his intentions. Is it a power trip because you need to feel better than someone? Is it social anxiety making you say something dumb instead of a simple 'Hi, I'm _____, nice to meet you"? Play SKATE with your close friends if they're not already having fun trying a trick (can't stand when my friends stop me from trying something to convince me to play SKATE with them. I'm not competitive at all and would prefer to never play it). Don't bother strangers.
[close]

Dare i sound entitled but i think this sort of thing is part of the job of being a pro. Theyre public figures and all
[close]
You're right - the job of a pro skater is to be an instrument of marketing for their sponsors. Marketing is sales and sales means interacting with people. This is why some of the best skaters aren't pros or even sponsored - they don't have the social skills to interact with people. Everyone doesn't have the right combination of personality traits. It was way more important in the days of live demos - before video was everything, but it is still part of it.
[close]

Playing SKATE should only be something you do with your friends, to warm up. Anything else is weird.
Emerica had a demo here last year and Reynolds spent a lot of the time playing SKATE on the street with random kids (by choice). I'm sure most of those people will remember the day Reynolds asked them to play SKATE more fondly than watching Figgy skate the park handrail.

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »
On a cross country trip to San Francisco, Im pushing down Haight, do the best, fastest kickflip ive ever done in my life."YeaH!" I look up in amazement, and Dill is in Gucci loafers and a leopard print jacket. I get out of the street, walk up to him as his conversation ends with another skater. He is black out drunk. "Keep on doing it, Man!" Dill is chill
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #306 on: April 22, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
This wasn't really that awkward, but randomly Peter Smolik stayed at my house for a night about 4-5 years ago. He was driving across the country with a dude I kinda knew at the time, they needed a place to crash. I remember him being pretty cool, he was stoked on putting Texas Pete on the mouth of his beer cans. I went to bed early because I had to work the next day, but him and my brother and some friends smoked a bunch of weed and kicked it.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #307 on: April 22, 2019, 05:23:01 PM »
I met Heath at the 2007 Wild Ride Tour thinking that he'd be super antisocial or standoffish from all his short answers in interviews and lack of "thank yous" in This Is Skateboarding's credit section, but he was so much friendlier than I had expected him to be that I just didn't know how to act and made the entire experience of getting his autograph and picture super awkward.
Then while I was getting Jerry Hsu's autograph at the same demo, my friend wouldn't stop talking about how since Jerry and I both have brown skin and switch heeled the same set that he should get me hooked up with all his sponsors. I didn't even get to say anything to Jerry because dude wouldn't shut up the entire time.
And then after the demo Brandon Westgate accidentally kicked a soccer ball straight into my gut. Probably accidentally.
Sickest demo ever.
what set did you and Hsu sw heel?

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2019, 07:54:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Emerica had a demo here last year and Reynolds spent a lot of the time playing SKATE on the street with random kids (by choice). I'm sure most of those people will remember the day Reynolds asked them to play SKATE more fondly than watching Figgy skate the park handrail.

^strongly agree. I still remember seeing HSU at my local shop play skate with a friend of mine super clearly when i was real young and still think it was the coolest seeing him acting like he wasnt jerry fucking hsu.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2019, 07:58:15 AM »
HSU
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2019, 11:57:41 AM »
So it's Canada Day today, and I wake up realizing I don't have any coffee beans. So I leave my apartment - in Toronto - and bike to my normal shop. It's just after 9am, pretty much everything is closed today and it's empty downtown. I'm always people watching and I take note of the people I pass, and see some guy in cargo pants and toque which is a little weird as it's pretty hot this weekend, but then again fashion. Coffee shop is closed, so I turn back and start heading in the direction I came. In the distance I see cargo pant toque guy again, and make out a big red rectangle on his shirt. As I get closer I realize it's an eS shirt, and I really don't remember the last time I saw someone wearing one of those.

As I get closer, I realize that it's Tom Asta. He's just walking alone no skateboard with him, looking a bit lost maybe as he stops to check his phone. I confirmed my suspicion when I saw his Mystery tattoo. I didn't say anything to him, but just watched him smoothly walk away. Checked his social media, eS account and local shops to see if there was any mention of him, a demo, signing, etc. but nothing came up. 

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2019, 12:06:21 PM »
2001-02 , skating at the Flushing meadows fountain while some dudes from the DC team are filming for the DC video, Ryan Gee, Kalis, AVE, Dyrdek, and I forget who else.

I'm trying to noseslide the ledge over the gap, dyrdek is trying the smith grind from his part , tells me "You got it this try, and then I'm going to get the smith next!" I go for it, actually land, and then dyrdek tries again and still fucks up. I felt pretty good that day! and I got to watch AVE switch crook that shit.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -72
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2019, 03:51:58 PM »
So it's Canada Day today, and I wake up realizing I don't have any coffee beans. So I leave my apartment - in Toronto - and bike to my normal shop. It's just after 9am, pretty much everything is closed today and it's empty downtown. I'm always people watching and I take note of the people I pass, and see some guy in cargo pants and toque which is a little weird as it's pretty hot this weekend, but then again fashion. Coffee shop is closed, so I turn back and start heading in the direction I came. In the distance I see cargo pant toque guy again, and make out a big red rectangle on his shirt. As I get closer I realize it's an eS shirt, and I really don't remember the last time I saw someone wearing one of those.

As I get closer, I realize that it's Tom Asta. He's just walking alone no skateboard with him, looking a bit lost maybe as he stops to check his phone. I confirmed my suspicion when I saw his Mystery tattoo. I didn't say anything to him, but just watched him smoothly walk away. Checked his social media, eS account and local shops to see if there was any mention of him, a demo, signing, etc. but nothing came up.
He is in Toronto right  now!!

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2019, 06:21:37 AM »
Expand Quote
I met Heath at the 2007 Wild Ride Tour thinking that he'd be super antisocial or standoffish from all his short answers in interviews and lack of "thank yous" in This Is Skateboarding's credit section, but he was so much friendlier than I had expected him to be that I just didn't know how to act and made the entire experience of getting his autograph and picture super awkward.
Then while I was getting Jerry Hsu's autograph at the same demo, my friend wouldn't stop talking about how since Jerry and I both have brown skin and switch heeled the same set that he should get me hooked up with all his sponsors. I didn't even get to say anything to Jerry because dude wouldn't shut up the entire time.
And then after the demo Brandon Westgate accidentally kicked a soccer ball straight into my gut. Probably accidentally.
Sickest demo ever.
[close]
what set did you and Hsu sw heel?

I want to have an in-depth interview with that aspergers Jedi dork kid who got heckled while everyone was camping out on that trip.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2019, 06:22:17 AM »
Yesterday, while taking the metro to work, I bumped into Julien Stranger and his girlfriend/wife(?).

As I didn't know what to say but I'm a super fan, I just went up and introduced myself and told him that I appreciate him and what he does. 

He was super chill and nice about it, which made my day.

Sometimes meeting your (anti)hero is not that bad.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2019, 07:40:31 AM »
Yesterday, while taking the metro to work, I bumped into Julien Stranger and his girlfriend/wife(?).

As I didn't know what to say but I'm a super fan, I just went up and introduced myself and told him that I appreciate him and what he does. 

He was super chill and nice about it, which made my day.

Sometimes meeting your (anti)hero is not that bad.

I like this story.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »
i worked at Whole Foods in my city, if you're aware of WF then you know celebrities shop there constantly. Jason Lee came into my line and i started freaking out in my head. Once i got done bagging his groceries I told him how much i fucked with his Video Days part.
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2019, 08:29:53 AM »
i worked at Whole Foods in my city, if you're aware of WF then you know celebrities shop there constantly. Jason Lee came into my line and i started freaking out in my head. Once i got done bagging his groceries I told him how much i fucked with his Video Days part.

Was he cool about it?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
This page is bringing the heat.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »
One time at a demo, Antwuan Dixon punched me in the face.

It was AWESOME.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

getdatshrimp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2019, 10:56:43 AM »
 Iv'e got a Wade D stalking story. (not really, just being canadian in the same spots a lot)

First incident:  Downtown Vancouver skate plaza circa ghetto gown era (don't recall the actual year)
 I was 17 visiting Vancouver from the island, had no where to stay. After a full day of skating I was just going to skate the plaza till dawn then catch the early ferry home.  Skating alone for 25-30 mins around 1 am, then Wade rolls up with his signature footlocker dress.   Don't think much of it, I am trying to skate the long ledge/manual pad.  He then gets my attention with the most sleepy stylish flatground warm up I had ever seen up in my early years.
  I stopped skating and rolled up to the ledge with my stuff so I could watch him ( still not knowing it to be Wade).  Pull out my raggety pocket joint from a broken cig packet and proceed to ''chill''.  Not sure what Wade was upto, must have been killing time.  He comes over right after I stopped skating and sits near me.  Introduces himself as '' Wade'' I instantly got this weird jolt thingy in my brain, I recognized him from the top dollar video and more recently the epic Kayo part. (the one with the switchflip front feeble in L.A)   I awkwardly offer him some of my pocket joint, he does not accept.  I skate around for a little while longer but feel sketchy around him.  So I take the bus up to Burnaby and have a nap in confederation park because I know that neighborhood is comfy.

Fast forward 2016.
 I just moved to Toronto from Vancouver Island.  First place I go to skate is Dunbat, no one is friendly although no one is un-friendly either. Who cares, I'm not from here.  Wade shows up, gives everyone daps, and daps me with a ''what up homie''  Wow, how nice.  Improves my place of feeling in the park, I don't need to talk to anyone at the moment but I felt like, chill. Blessing from the toron don.

I lived near the Ryerson pond (popular Toronto warm up spot) Id'e see Chephas (not friendly) surprise surprise, and Morgan there a lot, super friendly.  He even dumbs down his games of skate cause I think he likes to play skate? Or he's just that friendly. But this aint about Morgan. I got another story about him at this infamous pitchers spot in China town and old TLC hits. I digress, this is getting off track.
   So, I get mildly familiar. Mind you, I'm not a real skater. Skated off and on for the past 3 years; fucking work.
Buying a few beers before work ( work in a kitchen wont be off till 2 am)  See Wade and a Wade clone behind me in the till cue. He recognized me from the pond. Does a casual ''whas up G, what you say'n?'' I'm not super awkward but I froze up and was just like ahhhh goin to work, how you liv'n? Stumbling the words out like a troubled teen to a guidance counselor.
 Tell my dishwasher this story, who also skates.  He's more of the hightop Osiris, can do a great heelflip with the rest of his bag being boneless flip variations.  Anyway, he doesn't believe me.  I don't care. Go cook some burgs; forget about it. 

My friend from BC comes to visit me, we go skate the pond. I haven't been skating a ton.  Wade rolls up, '' Pounds a dap, Yo, haven't seen you in a while''  Feel super cool infront of my friend.  And that never happens.

So, I'm not even a huge fan of Wades approach to skating, I wish he had a bit more Chad Dixon in him, Chad's switch heel over black ice was amazing.  Form not as great as Wade. But whom am I to say, my forms looks like a drunken seal.

EDIT: That being said, I am fairly drunk.  But, with the new spenny addition I might just buy some Primitive. Despite my previous opinion of them being stricktly mall  bound.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:08:44 AM by getdatshrimp »

D10S

• Rep: -59
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
I was with the Habitat dudes that one time Ryan Gee got bitch slapped by a deer. 

https://youtu.be/wU0GadM3B9U?t=357

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
First place I go to skate is Dunbat, no one is friendly although no one is un-friendly either.

This is a great description of Dunbat.

Also, Wade seems like a great dude. I remember seeing him there and he was always friendly to everyone.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Patrick2G

• Rep: -307
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2019, 01:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
First place I go to skate is Dunbat, no one is friendly although no one is un-friendly either.
[close]

This is a great description of Dunbat.

Also, Wade seems like a great dude. I remember seeing him there and he was always friendly to everyone.

Wade is really friendly. He came to a friends party once and signed the wall with a “holla at chyea boy” below his sig. I equally hilarious and cool. The walls were covered in shit and you were allowed to doodle, he wasn’t being disrespectful or anything.

Schneaumunn

• Rep: 19
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
Fourstar Hawaii 5-0 demo.
Approx 2010
I said what up to TnT and complimented
him on his lines at World Famous A’Ala
Skatepark.
He looked at me like i was speaking a
foreign language and barely nodded.
I slunk away and hid for the rest of the
demo.
The look and feel of hand tooled leather

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »
Damn, man.  You go to parties where the walls are covered in shit?  Wild crowd.

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2019, 02:31:04 PM »
Iv'e got a Wade D stalking story. (not really, just being canadian in the same spots a lot)

First incident:  Downtown Vancouver skate plaza circa ghetto gown era (don't recall the actual year)
 I was 17 visiting Vancouver from the island, had no where to stay. After a full day of skating I was just going to skate the plaza till dawn then catch the early ferry home.  Skating alone for 25-30 mins around 1 am, then Wade rolls up with his signature footlocker dress.   Don't think much of it, I am trying to skate the long ledge/manual pad.  He then gets my attention with the most sleepy stylish flatground warm up I had ever seen up in my early years.
  I stopped skating and rolled up to the ledge with my stuff so I could watch him ( still not knowing it to be Wade).  Pull out my raggety pocket joint from a broken cig packet and proceed to ''chill''.  Not sure what Wade was upto, must have been killing time.  He comes over right after I stopped skating and sits near me.  Introduces himself as '' Wade'' I instantly got this weird jolt thingy in my brain, I recognized him from the top dollar video and more recently the epic Kayo part. (the one with the switchflip front feeble in L.A)   I awkwardly offer him some of my pocket joint, he does not accept.  I skate around for a little while longer but feel sketchy around him.  So I take the bus up to Burnaby and have a nap in confederation park because I know that neighborhood is comfy.

Fast forward 2016.
 I just moved to Toronto from Vancouver Island.  First place I go to skate is Dunbat, no one is friendly although no one is un-friendly either. Who cares, I'm not from here.  Wade shows up, gives everyone daps, and daps me with a ''what up homie''  Wow, how nice.  Improves my place of feeling in the park, I don't need to talk to anyone at the moment but I felt like, chill. Blessing from the toron don.

I lived near the Ryerson pond (popular Toronto warm up spot) Id'e see Chephas (not friendly) surprise surprise, and Morgan there a lot, super friendly.  He even dumbs down his games of skate cause I think he likes to play skate? Or he's just that friendly. But this aint about Morgan. I got another story about him at this infamous pitchers spot in China town and old TLC hits. I digress, this is getting off track.
   So, I get mildly familiar. Mind you, I'm not a real skater. Skated off and on for the past 3 years; fucking work.
Buying a few beers before work ( work in a kitchen wont be off till 2 am)  See Wade and a Wade clone behind me in the till cue. He recognized me from the pond. Does a casual ''whas up G, what you say'n?'' I'm not super awkward but I froze up and was just like ahhhh goin to work, how you liv'n? Stumbling the words out like a troubled teen to a guidance counselor.
 Tell my dishwasher this story, who also skates.  He's more of the hightop Osiris, can do a great heelflip with the rest of his bag being boneless flip variations.  Anyway, he doesn't believe me.  I don't care. Go cook some burgs; forget about it. 

My friend from BC comes to visit me, we go skate the pond. I haven't been skating a ton.  Wade rolls up, '' Pounds a dap, Yo, haven't seen you in a while''  Feel super cool infront of my friend.  And that never happens.

So, I'm not even a huge fan of Wades approach to skating, I wish he had a bit more Chad Dixon in him, Chad's switch heel over black ice was amazing.  Form not as great as Wade. But whom am I to say, my forms looks like a drunken seal.

EDIT: That being said, I am fairly drunk.  But, with the new spenny addition I might just buy some Primitive. Despite my previous opinion of them being stricktly mall  bound.

I acually really enjoyed your stories thanks

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »
One time at a demo, Antwuan Dixon punched me in the face.

It was AWESOME.
Dixon  I admit he’s great at skating but talk about someone who has no depth for conversations......

the Baker/Deathwish gang was at my local shop for an impromptu signing during their summer tour a few years before Deathwish video came out. Around 09’ or around then and he was kinda bumming everyone out by walking around flexing and stuff it was weird for sure.

I showed them around a few spots around palm beach area and FT Lauderdale area they dropped me off at my house and I got a bunch of stuff for rolling around with them, it was awkward but fun as I fanned out on Mike Plumb, Braydon, Greco, and Reynolds.

I will admit I was a spazz but when’s the next time that’s going to happen? Riding around with those dudes? Never?! Neen and Beagle are such cool characters they’ve got the right humble attitude and I liked them.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2019, 02:55:20 PM »
Fourstar Hawaii 5-0 demo.
Approx 2010
I said what up to TnT and complimented
him on his lines at World Famous A’Ala
Skatepark.
He looked at me like i was speaking a
foreign language and barely nodded.
I slunk away and hid for the rest of the
demo.

Ahhh I got a TNT story for ya, it was Carbondale Colorado and first KOTR 03’.

You remember in the Viceland KOTR intro’s where there’s punks mudsliding? Well that’s my gang and I’m still friends with those kids.

I’m rambling on anyways I’m half cocked and I’m going apey and skating the bowl going for it. I eventually see the DLXSF guys I hop off my board and wander over and say hello to Dan D TNT and Grosso they were super cool and I got on with Grosso and Dan D like my bff back east now TNT has a half sneer look like who’s this guy? I admit I was drunk but the rest of the guys wandered off and I was left alone with TNT I looked around like where’s everyone go?! He cool guyed me with head nod go that way away from me like yeah you should probably go find them.......

I hate it when people have that I’m better then you attitude don’t give a shit how good you are your attitude shows how you really are.

Schneaumunn

• Rep: 19
  • Stop needlin’ me you prick!
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:22 PM »
“I was left alone with TNT I looked around like where’s everyone go?! He cool guyed me with head nod go that way away from me like yeah you should probably go find them.”
- When he gave me the “head nod”,
[shudders, shakily lights cigarette]
I still wake up screaming sometimes.

The look and feel of hand tooled leather