Author Topic: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters  (Read 111017 times)

Fernandito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
Re: Awkward (but not bad) Pro Encounters
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
Ran into Evan Mock at a small skatepark, thought “damn, I’m the homely looking guy here” before I realized who it was (he had his signature pink hair covered) and minded my own business after that
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:42:34 PM by Fernandito »

bonafidekook

• Rep: 6
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2020, 12:09:01 PM »
JRE edition, skip to 2:00:30

856forever

• Rep: 1
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2020, 02:19:27 PM »
I made a quick account for this, When I was maybe 12 or 13 I ran in to Ricky Oyola (I’m 21 now) me and a buddy were walking through a parking lot of a local gas station and I was shamelessly mall grabbing, and this dude pops out of a delivery truck and stops us. And says something along the lines of I skate and shit and looks at me and makes a joke about me mall grabbing and says the only time you hold a board like that is to bash somebody. He didn’t say it in a mean way though. I was irritated cause I thought this was just some random guy who was just reminiscing to us so I just sat silent until he walked away. Then me and my buddy walked to our local at the time Kinetic(RIP) when it was in haddonfield and the dude there broke it down to us who he was. I always think about this and laugh cause Ricky is a legend and I love watching his old parts. Haven’t seen him since.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »
Was at Borough Hall with a few homies and ran into Jahmal Williams. Said hi to him and he introduced himself and then I immediately fan'd out and said "I love all your Static parts" He was just like "Thanks man" then proceeded to avoid me for the rest of sesh. Also, I'm pretty sure he has only been in one Static video.. I really kook'd it.

I did the exact same thing with Scott Johnston here in Portland lol. FML.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »
Was skating the park all by myself when i heard someone yell " Go the FUCK HOME " i couldnt see them and have never had that happen before so i just keep skating, 3 minutes later i notice a pro skater get out his car and walk up to the park, he was friendly but i think it was him trying to get the park to himself.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
Was skating the park all by myself when i heard someone yell " Go the FUCK HOME " i couldnt see them and have never had that happen before so i just keep skating, 3 minutes later i notice a pro skater get out his car and walk up to the park, he was friendly but i think it was him trying to get the park to himself.

Was it this guy?

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »
At the very beginning of the pandemic, I met Brian Brown at that strange park in Brooklyn that Zared destroys. I told him that I basically grew up (skate video-wise) on skate maps. He was incredibly nice and humble, but at the end of the encounter I kicked myself for mentioning some show on television rather than one of his many video parts. Felt awkward on my part  :-[

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #517 on: August 16, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw Ben Kadow at LES and ignored him because we’re the same age and i assumed he would cool guy me
[close]

I ran into Benjamin Kachow in NY right after Hockey came out. I was riding a red goalie mask hockey graphic and he said it was a rad board. A few months later he was on Hockey so y’all can thank me for that;)

Gotta cool guy them before they cool guy you to assert dominance

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #518 on: August 16, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »
At the very beginning of the pandemic, I met Brian Brown at that strange park in Brooklyn that Zared destroys. I told him that I basically grew up (skate video-wise) on skate maps. He was incredibly nice and humble, but at the end of the encounter I kicked myself for mentioning some show on television rather than one of his many video parts. Felt awkward on my part  :-[

Should’ve just sang “under my thumb...” and went for the awkward high five.

stillcantreflip

• Rep: -11
« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2020, 06:58:50 PM »
About 6-7 years ago I was on plane back to my university in Wellington, New Zealand. There was a bunch of pros coming from Auckland down to Wellington. I recognized Mikey Taylor and said what up, big smile. Sean Malto was sitting across the aisle from him but I thought he was just some random mexican dude. Saw nuge after the flight in the airport and gave him an awkward what up.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #520 on: August 16, 2020, 07:42:55 PM »
I asked scooch for a board once but he didn’t have one. He looked genuinely bummed he didn’t have a board for me
He wasn’t skating or anything haha

He’s a nice guy

Edit I got another one

Went to take a photo at a fairly well known spot, there’s a couple vans there I’m thinking here we go and it’s a whole bunch of the real and tws cunts. It was awkward as fuck until they realised we came for footage too and not of them

Ishod can skate pretty much everything
He was also a bit fucking smelly that day
listen to cosmic psychos

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #521 on: August 16, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
About 6-7 years ago I was on plane back to my university in Wellington, New Zealand. There was a bunch of pros coming from Auckland down to Wellington. I recognized Mikey Taylor and said what up, big smile. Sean Malto was sitting across the aisle from him but I thought he was just some random mexican dude. Saw nuge after the flight in the airport and gave him an awkward what up.

tener hambre on eso mijita
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #522 on: August 17, 2020, 06:49:36 AM »
Anyone have any genuinely nasty experiences?

captaindoody

• Rep: -73
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #523 on: August 17, 2020, 07:12:14 AM »

Start your own thread you thirsty bitch

joe momma

« Reply #524 on: August 17, 2020, 07:38:14 AM »
I was having myself a good session at my local and Lenny Kirk came up said I was skating well and and asked if I film with anyone in the area. I refrained from saying how sick timecode was, but thinking back I kinda regret not returning the compliment.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2020, 08:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tener hambre on eso mijita
!!! (sorry Lou)
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2020, 08:24:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Should’ve just sang “under my thumb...” and went for the awkward high five.

Ugh, if only.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »

anyone ever hook up with a pro and have a nasty fuck.

so much sexual assault in sk8boarding. we need stories of hot dirty consent and hard orgasms.

nothing's been the since same

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

anyone ever hook up with a pro and have a nasty fuck.

so much sexual assault in sk8boarding. we need stories of hot dirty consent and hard orgasms.
Get hungry on it

Good and Evil

• Rep: 3
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2020, 12:51:10 PM »
Last summer I skated LES and Franky Villani, Frankie Spears, Axel Crusher, and Giovanni Vianna were all there at the same time. Only awkward because it felt like an impromptu demo.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2020, 01:05:52 PM »
Kerry Getz bought water from a bagel store I worked at. He was very short.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
I made a quick account for this, When I was maybe 12 or 13 I ran in to Ricky Oyola (I’m 21 now) me and a buddy were walking through a parking lot of a local gas station and I was shamelessly mall grabbing, and this dude pops out of a delivery truck and stops us. And says something along the lines of I skate and shit and looks at me and makes a joke about me mall grabbing and says the only time you hold a board like that is to bash somebody. He didn’t say it in a mean way though. I was irritated cause I thought this was just some random guy who was just reminiscing to us so I just sat silent until he walked away. Then me and my buddy walked to our local at the time Kinetic(RIP) when it was in haddonfield and the dude there broke it down to us who he was. I always think about this and laugh cause Ricky is a legend and I love watching his old parts. Haven’t seen him since.

Ricky Oyola is for the children

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #532 on: August 17, 2020, 02:25:12 PM »
Met Sean Malto at The Masters in 2018. Wasnt extremely awkward but we had a nice chat. He was there with some other Nike people that I didn't recognize, following Tiger obviously.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #533 on: August 17, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
i saw Tiago as i left the Encore premiere in LA with my friends and my drunk ass shouted something along the lines of "yo you're the best yo!". he was a lot shorter than i had imagined. makes his skating that much more impressive considering how large some of the obstacles he skates are.

I always pictured he'd be around BA or Evan Smith's size but was closer to paul or trent mcclung

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #534 on: August 17, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »
^^^Quality

I stole a pro’s girlfriend way back in ‘96. I won’t put his name out there because it’s a bad look for him.

She was down to bounce out of that relationship after the first time they had sex. She said he had the tiniest dick she’d ever seen. Said that it was so small that there was a squeak toy noise coming out of the condom during sex because there was so much empty space in it. I got stuck hanging out with him at this private vert ramp when they were still together but I was already messing around with her. It was super awkward, but not intimidating at all like I sometimes felt around really good skaters. It was like “Oh, you can 540? Well, I can make your girl cum.”

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2020, 09:36:20 PM »
Lmao we know pros are socially inept proven by Instagram, but they sexually inept also?

The type of dudes to just jackhammer like a teenager
Spill the tea lmao let’s hear it so fuccbois can take notes.

Great thread idea:Micro cock pros.

I feel like cromer and dekeyzrer on some BDE
Killin it tough but not thirsty for confirmation

nothing's been the since same

FlatBeat

• Rep: -1
« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2020, 10:20:08 PM »
Slam city jam 2002ish I was 14 and met Ryan Smith. At the time I was really stoked on his skating and went up to him to get my board signed. You could tell he really didn't want to talk to me and just grabbed the board to sign it. I told him how stoked I was on mystery or something like that and he muttered a half assed thanks while looking in the distance. He then finally looks at me and asks if I want to buy his deck. I said sure and gave him 40 bucks. He gave me the deck then quickly walked away towards whatever was in the distance. I felt kind of shitty, he clearly just wanted to make a quick buck for beer money or something.  On the bright side it was my fist 8 inch deck which got me stoked on wider boards so I was able to move past the tiny board trend sooner then my friends.

Same year I see rodney mullen chilling with his back against the fence and I get his attention to sign my board. He gives me a big smile and motions to toss it over. I'm telling him how he's my favourite skater and all that (I grew up on rodney mullen vs daewon) and I'm fanning out. He tosses it back over with the same huge smile and I'm continuing to talk to him. He just keeps looking at me with the same unchanging smile but never says a word back. He hasn't said anything the whole time, we're still just looking at eachother akwardly, so I say something along the lines of, "well...see you later" and I just walk off feeling confused. The conclusion in my 14 year old mind was that Rodney Mullen was in fact deaf and I didn't know, I had never seen any interviews of him or anthing. The way he just kept smiling and not reacting at all to what I said was the same way my friends deaf mom looked when I went to her house. I probably went a good 5 years thinking he had a disability of some sort. I hear him talk endlessly in interviews now so I have now idea what it was all about, maybe he couldn't hear me over the park noise?  We were literally a meter apart and it wasn't that loud. Either way it was really confusing at the time.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2020, 11:30:18 PM »
haha that rodney story is killing me. can totally see both of those happening.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2020, 12:39:46 AM »
I think the thing with mr Mullen is he doesn’t really understand how important or revered he is it’s kinda adorable
listen to cosmic psychos

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #539 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:38 AM »
i bumped into tiago lemos at the airport

he was super friendly, asked me questions about myself, indulged my toddler running around his feet and seemed genuinely flattered to be approached and up for a chat.

unfortunately, i couldn't think of all that much to say beyond variations of 'you're really good at skateboarding' which didn't leave him with much to say other than variations of 'thank you' and, with all the good will in the world, once you've cycled through three or four iterations of the same exchange it gets a little awkward.