Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1470759 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #5850 on: April 22, 2021, 03:27:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you think Dane Vaughn got that tattoo because the G word is a racial slur he thinks he can get away with using?
[close]

If you'd like to explain that to Dane Vaughn and film it I'll gladly watch.
[close]
I will 100% real man it in the DMs

Edit: fuck it I left a comment. I don't want that dude's smoke at all.

But that brings up a larger point. Maybe I've been reading too much Brink today and am feeling extra argumentative but it seems like you're framing it like a talk shit, get hit sorta thing. If so, that's pretty wack. The same could be said in any of the other accountability situations going on right now but it's work that's gotta get done. Do I think Dane Vaughn is gonna get that shit lasered of because some washed dude called him out? No of course not. But it doesn't change the fact that he got a racist term tatted on his body and, unless he's Roma, he's appropriating their struggle too.

Maybe dude's not aware, maybe he is and doesn't care, maybe he'll start taking pics with his shirt on.
maybe he looks like a character from ‘tiger king’.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #5851 on: April 22, 2021, 03:39:29 AM »
Based on Dane's nipples, looks like it was a solid 55 F that day.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Free Max B
« Reply #5852 on: April 22, 2021, 03:59:07 AM »
BabyJoker Johnson

free max b
FREE MAX B

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #5853 on: April 22, 2021, 04:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you think Dane Vaughn got that tattoo because the G word is a racial slur he thinks he can get away with using?
[close]

[close]

But that brings up a larger point. Maybe I've been reading too much Brink today and am feeling extra argumentative but it seems like you're framing it like a talk shit, get hit sorta thing. If so, that's pretty wack. The same could be said in any of the other accountability situations going on right now but it's work that's gotta get done. Do I think Dane Vaughn is gonna get that shit lasered of because some washed dude called him out? No of course not. But it doesn't change the fact that he got a racist term tatted on his body and, unless he's Roma, he's appropriating their struggle too.

Maybe dude's not aware, maybe he is and doesn't care, maybe he'll start taking pics with his shirt on.
[close]

holy mother of all nomads, when did the term gypsy became racist? And why I never get these updates?

It’s been a slur for a while. They’ve been persecuted for hundreds of years and antiziganism is still a huge problem in the majority of Europe, their struggle is trivialized quite a bit, despite also being victims of the Holocaust. I’m definitely guilty of it as well.

I dated a Roma girl a few years back and she explained to me me how bad it really was. There are ghettos that are being constructed and they’re forced to relocate too and shit, it’s bad.

Here’s a pretty interesting read from the BBC on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44632472
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5854 on: April 22, 2021, 05:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote
skating for the dairy industry is possibly the single most unethical sponsor you could ever have
[close]

I guess my man has never heard of Nike's insane labor transgressions

Hahah, I remember taking a journalism course at uni where they demonstrated how corrupt certain news organisations were, by showing us which ones were covering stories of Nike factories in Bangladesh abusing the fuck out of its workers, and which ones were allowed to cover the Nike sponsored winter olympic games.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5855 on: April 22, 2021, 06:20:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Indeed, you went full Brink.

It was intended as it would be entertaining to see, as I know you’ve got the podcast thing going. Also after to talking to you on the zoom thing, the personality differences between you and Dane Vaughn would make the icing extra sweet.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #5856 on: April 22, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

holy mother of all nomads, when did the term gypsy became racist? And why I never get these updates?
[close]

It’s been a slur for a while. They’ve been persecuted for hundreds of years and antiziganism is still a huge problem in the majority of Europe, their struggle is trivialized quite a bit, despite also being victims of the Holocaust. I’m definitely guilty of it as well.

I dated a Roma girl a few years back and she explained to me me how bad it really was. There are ghettos that are being constructed and they’re forced to relocate too and shit, it’s bad.

Dane Vaughn is not European. Not saying that it is not a racist term in Europe but dude is probably not aware since in the US gypsy is not an offensive term. In fact probably chose that word because it makes him sound like a traveller or something like that. Chill out Rob

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5857 on: April 22, 2021, 09:11:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It was intended as it would be entertaining to see, as I know you’ve got the podcast thing going. Also after to talking to you on the zoom thing, the personality differences between you and Dane Vaughn would make the icing extra sweet.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #5858 on: April 22, 2021, 09:18:33 AM »
I'm not one who gets upset by the suggestion that words be discontinued when they are problematic, but "gypsy" does have a more general meaning, certainly in American english where self-identifying Roma are rare.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #5859 on: April 22, 2021, 10:31:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Dane Vaughn is not European. Not saying that it is not a racist term in Europe but dude is probably not aware since in the US gypsy is not an offensive term. In fact probably chose that word because it makes him sound like a traveller or something like that. Chill out Rob

By no means am I trying to play the Danes advocate, but I think that it is 100% a case of ignorance on his behalf.

Realistically, I don’t think people will ever stop saying it or using the term. But, I think it’s a good bit of knowledge to share.

However, I will apologize if I came across as a dickhead or on some white savior shit. Wasn’t my intention at all and I’m sorry if it came across that way.

I'm not one who gets upset by the suggestion that words be discontinued when they are problematic, but "gypsy" does have a more general meaning, certainly in American english where self-identifying Roma are rare.

Agree with everything you said, and I don’t think the term will ever be removed from the lexicon, but it’s worth noting that the term can be offensive to some.

Also that Cher song was in the first episode of the x-files I ever saw and it sparked a life long love affair with that show.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5860 on: April 22, 2021, 12:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This was an informative read, thanks for the mini-lesson! You learn something new every day.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 69
« Reply #5861 on: April 22, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »
As kooky as Dane's photoshoots are, I must admit I think his artwork is pretty good.

NOW BACK TO LAME SHIT
Berra's deepest thought?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1368
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5862 on: April 22, 2021, 02:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I totally mistook your meaning. Sorry for coming in so hot.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #5863 on: April 23, 2021, 04:10:48 AM »
Gypsy also has the more general meaning of 'wanderer', and as Dane Vaughn clearly strayed far from good taste, I guess it works.

Jokes aside, it is a tricky word. Irish travellers are also referred to as gypsies, so it doesn't just pertain to Roma, or any ethnicity. It is used both pridefully by gypsies themselves, and as a slur by others. One thing all 'true' gypsies have in common is that they are on the fringe of society and marginalized. To be gypsy is to be an unrecognized minority and invariably means being discriminated against. Arguably they are more outside of society than any other group and that has something to do with why the term is still uncontroversial to most. If at all they complain, few hear, never mind listen. Not sure if Dane being American has anything to do with it. It doesn't work that way vice versa. I'd say it's just a cringey tattoo. Not dissimilar to Foy using a forbidden word to express friendship. That word is just too loaded, and perhaps 'gypsy' ought to be as well.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #5864 on: April 23, 2021, 06:44:30 AM »
As kooky as Dane's photoshoots are, I must admit I think his artwork is pretty good.

NOW BACK TO LAME SHIT
Berra's deepest thought?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #5865 on: April 23, 2021, 07:39:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I totally mistook your meaning. Sorry for coming in so hot.

Ah it’s nothing yo. Digital communication is difficult to convey intent, I ain’t tripping.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #5866 on: April 23, 2021, 09:09:31 AM »
This is by no means lame but just had to post. Does Jim look hobbit sized compared to the rest? Thought for sure this got the Spanky treatment but I don't think that's the case

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #5867 on: April 23, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
This is by no means lame but just had to post. Does Jim look hobbit sized compared to the rest? Thought for sure this got the Spanky treatment but I don't think that's the case

Jimbo Baggins On Bag-end, confirmed

Damn his new form we've all been scrabbling to predict has revealed itself

Let's just hope he doesn't have the magic ring .... *crickets*

Eh I tried

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
« Reply #5868 on: April 23, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »

I know slap has already kooked this clown into oblivion, and rightfully so, but this post..."LIFE IS WAR"?
This choice of caption coming from an upper-middleclass, suburban California raised, athletically gifted, cis white male professional skateboarder is so iniquitous that its almost laughable.
How far removed from struggle must one be to actually think that one's unbelievably privileged life resembles anything akin war?

Its hard to type this because I dont want to sound like Im defending David Loy but you sound like you need a beer or a nap

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5869 on: April 23, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »
Raybourne in the background of that last clip looking psyched.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -71
« Reply #5870 on: April 23, 2021, 06:03:13 PM »

I know slap has already kooked this clown into oblivion, and rightfully so, but this post..."LIFE IS WAR"?
This choice of caption coming from an upper-middleclass, suburban California raised, athletically gifted, cis white male professional skateboarder is so iniquitous that its almost laughable.
How far removed from struggle must one be to actually think that one's unbelievably privileged life resembles anything akin war?

I know it's not what his post is about, but his older brother killed himself... life is a dick head to everyone

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1142
« Reply #5871 on: April 23, 2021, 06:10:15 PM »
 I would like David Loys skating if it wasn’t David Loy.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #5872 on: April 23, 2021, 06:11:12 PM »
I dont even know this dude and he makes me wanna kill myself
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5873 on: April 23, 2021, 06:18:46 PM »
Can’t believe Berle hasn’t bike locked the Dylan rail

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #5874 on: April 23, 2021, 07:09:55 PM »

Post the address.
...and the zoom link so we can photoshop it in and wedgie the industry just like the last time to Greg Hunt, shhhhhh

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5875 on: April 24, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Post the address.
...and the zoom link so we can photoshop it in and wedgie the industry just like the last time to Greg Hunt, shhhhhh
Google maps is a bit blurry, but if you look real close, there's another lock there. It looks like he put it on the wrong side again.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5876 on: April 24, 2021, 03:41:39 PM »
I would like David Loys skating if it wasn’t David Loy.

I remember when Birdhouses "The Beginning" came out I liked his part and thought he was going to be a big deal. I mean he is, but in a very different way. Same with Figgy, also in a very, very different way. I will say Shaun Gregoire got the shaft out of everyone in that video.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Free Max B
« Reply #5877 on: April 24, 2021, 03:49:40 PM »
At the very least someone should put the supreme bikelock on that thing. Should have just left it alone after Dylan grinded it a decade ago but that’s LA.

Cant go find another rail in the LA area nobody wants to see you skate? lol fuckin goofies all of em atleast the swan shit in the Dylan tee was “kinda” a tribute but he can suck a fat one for that shit too

Free max b
FREE MAX B

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #5878 on: April 24, 2021, 09:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Post the address.
[close]
Google maps is a bit blurry, but if you look real close, there's another lock there. It looks like he put it on the wrong side again.

This is admirable work

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #5879 on: April 24, 2021, 09:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Post the address.
[close]

[close]

This is admirable work

@Monkey_Mcpott gotta tell Greg Hunt ‘bout it.