Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1447704 times)

Troubadour26, hayduke lives, Supreme Mathematic and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #9120 on: December 09, 2022, 06:27:06 PM »
Ahaha imagine being bummed on someone getting sponsored by an airline.

You are aware that he has an olympic gold medal right? We're not talking about Ricky Oyola deciding to ride for a tampon company here.

quackquack

• Rep: -421
« Reply #9121 on: December 09, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »

You are aware that he has an olympic gold medal right? We're not talking about Ricky Oyola deciding to ride for a tampon company here.

Ricky goes with the flow, now you can too.

Oh, the places you'll go.

Terminal

« Reply #9122 on: December 09, 2022, 09:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks Watson and quack quack, made a challenging morning gold!

Agreed, who gives a fuck, not lame at all. Corporate in skateboarding? Um, Nike, Adidas, energy drinks, VF corporation, Oaktree capital, Kering, need I go on?. Men in suits all over skateboarding like a rash for some time now...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #9123 on: December 09, 2022, 10:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Agreed, who gives a fuck, not lame at all. Corporate in skateboarding? Um, Nike, Adidas, energy drinks, VF corporation, Oaktree capital, Kering, need I go on?. Men in suits all over skateboarding like a rash for some time now...

Shit like this doesn’t affect anyone’s skateboarding on a day to day level.   Who cares?  You think Yuto is going to be wearing giant pilot wings pinned on his shirt in every part now?

I’m happy for deserving skateboarders to get money and be able to focus on skating well.   

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9124 on: December 10, 2022, 12:00:41 AM »
The whole airport/airline thing doesn't bother me. I'm not sure why, maybe because of my own selfish interest in travel, but it feels way less lame than a car, Target, or Bagel Bites.

And, this was pretty cool.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #9125 on: December 10, 2022, 12:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol at the Ricky comment. However, if I got a rash I will see a doctor. I can't back sponsors like energy drinks and airlines at all. Nike and Adidas at least provide a somewhat useful product to skate in. I know it's an ever-discussed topic about which sponsors are acceptable etc. But energy drinks are fucking unhealthy/disgusting and have been shown to not enhance performance for athletes. They are useless at best. Imo we should be careful about accepting skaters selling their image to corporations that are not interested in skateboarding at all. Anyway, rant over, enjoy your day y'all. And yes, I am a hypocrite and will also catch a flight instead of travelling by boat to cross the atlantic.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #9126 on: December 10, 2022, 03:09:15 AM »
AO was sponsored by a vaginal wipe company, so Ricky O getting on Tampax flow could be a good fit.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #9127 on: December 10, 2022, 04:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shit like this doesn’t affect anyone’s skateboarding on a day to day level.   Who cares?  You think Yuto is going to be wearing giant pilot wings pinned on his shirt in every part now?

I’m happy for deserving skateboarders to get money and be able to focus on skating well.   

Pretty sure this cariuma logo I’m seeing plastered everywhere has to be the logo for an airline, no?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #9128 on: December 10, 2022, 05:05:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
AO was sponsored by a vaginal wipe company, so Ricky O getting on Tampax flow could be a good fit.

+1. Can’t believe I’ve never seen this.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #9129 on: December 10, 2022, 05:29:29 AM »
nah it's lame. there's nothing that hasn't already been said about skateboarding just becoming another corporate 'sport' like surfing so whatever but the whole thing is just cringe.
Wrong.  Delta is the best, and now Yuto gets to travel back and forth to the states as much as he wants.  Quit hating on a boss move.  It’s not some cringey energy drink or something.

Terminal

« Reply #9130 on: December 10, 2022, 05:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol at the Ricky comment. However, if I got a rash I will see a doctor. I can't back sponsors like energy drinks and airlines at all. Nike and Adidas at least provide a somewhat useful product to skate in. I know it's an ever-discussed topic about which sponsors are acceptable etc. But energy drinks are fucking unhealthy/disgusting and have been shown to not enhance performance for athletes. They are useless at best. Imo we should be careful about accepting skaters selling their image to corporations that are not interested in skateboarding at all. Anyway, rant over, enjoy your day y'all. And yes, I am a hypocrite and will also catch a flight instead of travelling by boat to cross the atlantic.

Yeah agreed,  energy drinks can fuck off. Just a cancer on young people in my opinion. There's a plethora of peer-reviewed research into the relationship between energy drink consumption and alcoholism.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #9131 on: December 10, 2022, 07:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm gonna beat this goddam uterine lining
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #9132 on: December 10, 2022, 09:59:57 AM »
As long as he doesn’t have to wear a Delta Airlines hat and or shirt then no harm no foul in my eyes.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #9133 on: December 10, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
he has to wear a pilots hat actually. for street league and everything. pretty bizarre

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #9134 on: December 10, 2022, 11:56:39 AM »

”That time of the month you just want to yell n****r at spots?”

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9135 on: December 10, 2022, 12:05:41 PM »

Haha I was trying to think of a joke of the same type. Well done.

AR abstain

• Rep: -25
« Reply #9136 on: December 10, 2022, 12:10:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I was trying to think of a joke of the same type. Well done.
Alot of blood. alot of fuckin shit!

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #9137 on: December 10, 2022, 12:24:42 PM »
nah it's lame. there's nothing that hasn't already been said about skateboarding just becoming another corporate 'sport' like surfing so whatever but the whole thing is just cringe.

I get your point but it just seems like people that make this statement are too attached to the image of skateboarding where it’s some part of their identity to be underground.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #9138 on: December 10, 2022, 12:46:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get your point but it just seems like people that make this statement are too attached to the image of skateboarding where it’s some part of their identity to be underground.

i don't see an issue with wanting to have the image of a skateboarder, especially if it's authentic. it sets you apart from people who enjoy football and live laugh love ornaments. if you don't want to set yourself apart from those people that's on you but i don't think you can fault people who do.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #9139 on: December 10, 2022, 11:53:44 PM »
Don't judge a kook by its cover.

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #9140 on: December 11, 2022, 01:03:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i don't see an issue with wanting to have the image of a skateboarder, especially if it's authentic. it sets you apart from people who enjoy football and live laugh love ornaments. if you don't want to set yourself apart from those people that's on you but i don't think you can fault people who do.

Anyone who can't enjoy a good live laugh love ornament is just a miserable cunt.

Mine brings me immense joy!
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #9141 on: December 14, 2022, 04:55:13 PM »

Y’all ready for some history repeating itself?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #9142 on: December 14, 2022, 05:00:15 PM »

good god, cab no longer of girl

that last photo is hilarious, imagine setting up the phone and setting a 5 second timer or whatever

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #9143 on: December 14, 2022, 05:06:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that last photo is hilarious, imagine setting up the phone and setting a 5 second timer or whatever

28 year age difference, that might be the smallest age gap Cab has dated in recent years

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #9144 on: December 14, 2022, 05:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

28 year age difference, that might be the smallest age gap Cab has dated in recent years
ouch! Yeah, I often wonder with pics like this: is it one of his kids, or his latest love interest?
How long till she’s up on stage at a urethane show?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #9145 on: December 14, 2022, 05:15:24 PM »

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #9146 on: December 14, 2022, 05:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is that a different lass?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #9147 on: December 14, 2022, 05:46:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is that a different lass?

Yeah, the engineer dumped him and he made a bunch of sadposts about it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2244
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #9148 on: December 14, 2022, 06:37:39 PM »

Together in Christ.
Ain’t that just adorable.

EDIT: How many months until she goes full Judas on him?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #9149 on: December 14, 2022, 06:56:09 PM »
Bet she can't even make code on computer
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.