Author Topic: A JENKY INVESTIGATION INTO JONAH HILL’S SKATE PAST  (Read 29060 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Re: A JENKY INVESTIGATION INTO JONAH HILL’S SKATE PAST
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
Look we already got j lee and that one time brad pitt talked about mike carol for a minute or two, it isn't going to get any better than that.

Honourable mention, drew barrymore marrying tom green.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
why didnt they talk to lotti? was 1 guy enough to confirm?

also quitters don't get to be a part of it. that's what happens when you quit.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If he was a “used to skate” kook and was wearing quasi or toy machine or dc or any other brands that arent just hot right now id have more respect for it.  But being a used to skate dude and wearing only palace and supreme is as cornball as it gets.
[close]
What’s worse, being a used to skate guy wearing only Palace and Supreme or a full on skate guy wearing only Palace and Supreme? They’re both fucking corny so what’s the difference?
[close]

One of them can kickflip and crooked grind
I don’t care if the dude can kickflip into crooked grind, if someone rocks only Palace and Supreme, to me, they’re fucking corny, but that’s just me talking. I’m a middle aged dad so I’m probably not the best guy to be talking about skate fashion with.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If he was a “used to skate” kook and was wearing quasi or toy machine or dc or any other brands that arent just hot right now id have more respect for it.  But being a used to skate dude and wearing only palace and supreme is as cornball as it gets.
[close]
What’s worse, being a used to skate guy wearing only Palace and Supreme or a full on skate guy wearing only Palace and Supreme? They’re both fucking corny so what’s the difference?
[close]

[close]
I don’t care if the dude can kickflip into crooked grind, if someone rocks only Palace and Supreme, to me, they’re fucking corny, but that’s just me talking. I’m a middle aged dad so I’m probably not the best guy to be talking about skate fashion with.

There's a certain tipping point where being a hypebeast overrides whatever they're doing on a skateboard.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »
i wonder if he knows/cares people are discussing him on slap?

You think an acclaimed actor who just wrote/directed a movie that's getting distributed by the sickest company in the game who hangs out with ACTUAL pro skaters who are stoked on what he's doing gives a fuck if some nobodies on a forum on the internet approve of him? Yikes!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 01:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

You asked what the difference was.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »
“So the next time your neighbor mentions “this new skateboard movie” they read about in the New Yorker, you don’t have go on a triggered rant about how skateboard culture is getting hijacked by outsiders.”

Except that he quit, so he is an outsider. “I useda skate” kooks are worse than people who never started. You had the opportunity to be a skateboarder, and you abandoned it? Biggest kook move imaginable
It’s not that serious dude.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 01:48:50 PM »
My biggest issue is that he "used to skate" and has only entered skateboarding again to make sure his movie gets a good reception.

I know people bashed lil wayne a ton when he came in but he's actually skateboarding and seems to like it. He films stuff, even if its shit. He builds parks and goes out skating with skateboarders.

That one Kyle dude on SNL seems to actually skate too, even if he's not very good and hangs out with Richie Jackson.

There's obviously no old photos/footage of jonah hill skateboarding. Why isn't there any new stuff? Oh right he watched tyshawn do a big flip in the Adidas video, totally means he's a skateboarder right? This article is saying we should give him a pass because he was the fat kid who went to the skateshop and spent his mom's money, even if no one talks about him ACTUALLY skating.

He's attempting to sell out a culture that he hasn't been engaged in for like 20 years and we have every right to call it disingenuous.
He made a movie about the culture 20 years ago, so what’s the problem?

Tortoise

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »

I quit skating for a time due to piling out, and trying to find my way in life. I thought about skating to the point of dreaming about it often. I still followed and loved it as much as I did when I was out there all day everyday. It’s not such a black and white thing as you’d like to believe it is, but you are who you are, and it’s predictable you’d react the way you have here.

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Expand Quote
i wonder if he knows/cares people are discussing him on slap?
[close]

You think an acclaimed actor who just wrote/directed a movie that's getting distributed by the sickest company in the game who hangs out with ACTUAL pro skaters who are stoked on what he's doing gives a fuck if some nobodies on a forum on the internet approve of him? Yikes!
Of course, who doesn't?

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
Isn’t Jonah hill closer to the people that made slap  than we are ?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 02:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote

I quit skating for a time due to piling out, and trying to find my way in life. I thought about skating to the point of dreaming about it often. I still followed and loved it as much as I did when I was out there all day everyday. It’s not such a black and white thing as you’d like to believe it is, but you are who you are, and it’s predictable you’d react the way you have here.
[close]

if you’re following it that hard and dreaming about it why not go roll around for 20 minutes and do a couple tricks?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 02:44:22 PM »
ABD, WASSSUP ROOOOOOCKERRRRRRRRRRSSSS!!!

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
Isn’t Jonah hill closer to the people that made slap  than we are ?

Look at these two starfuckers
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mongoloid

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
if you’re following it that hard and dreaming about it why not go roll around for 20 minutes and do a couple tricks?

My situation was a bit more complicated. Back in I wanna say 2008 I did buy a new setup, new shoes, etc, but I injured myself doing a high flatground ollie (of all tricks). I gave it a few days to see if I just pulled a muscle, and sure enough the pain was just as sharp and persistent. I gave it a week, same thing. Month, same thing. So I wrongly assumed it was some sort of hernia, and being uninsured there is no way I would have been able to afford whatever that kind of operation would have cost. So I just figured that was it for me, and that I wouldn't be able to skate again. Until fast forward a few years when a friend convinced me to fuck around on his board. I approached skating again very cautiously under the assumption I could at anytime agitate what I thought was a lingering health issue. However, I was wrong and I must have just been some kind of severe sprain.

In the times in between skating I would have really strange dreams often about visiting the local (which had been closed for years at this point) and all that would be left in the shop were VHS tapes, so I couldn't buy another board, or that every trick I did I would snap my deck. It was some strange self conscious idea manifesting itself in my dreams that I would never be able to skate again without some sort of complication. As dramatic as it sounds waking from those dreams always left me with a sad feeling.

So as I stated, for whatever anyone's reason may be, its not so black and white.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 03:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You asked what the difference was.
Rhetorical question, sorry.

notcool

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 03:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

My situation was a bit more complicated. Back in I wanna say 2008 I did buy a new setup, new shoes, etc, but I injured myself doing a high flatground ollie (of all tricks). I gave it a few days to see if I just pulled a muscle, and sure enough the pain was just as sharp and persistent. I gave it a week, same thing. Month, same thing. So I wrongly assumed it was some sort of hernia, and being uninsured there is no way I would have been able to afford whatever that kind of operation would have cost. So I just figured that was it for me, and that I wouldn't be able to skate again. Until fast forward a few years when a friend convinced me to fuck around on his board. I approached skating again very cautiously under the assumption I could at anytime agitate what I thought was a lingering health issue. However, I was wrong and I must have just been some kind of severe sprain.

In the times in between skating I would have really strange dreams often about visiting the local (which had been closed for years at this point) and all that would be left in the shop were VHS tapes, so I couldn't buy another board, or that every trick I did I would snap my deck. It was some strange self conscious idea manifesting itself in my dreams that I would never be able to skate again without some sort of complication. As dramatic as it sounds waking from those dreams always left me with a sad feeling.

So as I stated, for whatever anyone's reason may be, its not so black and white.

I quit for 3 years and every night i would have vivid skate dreams. now that i'm back skating they have gone away.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 04:06:30 PM »
If the move is good and it accurately depicts skateboarding rather than make a mockery of it ie Grind, I don't see the issue. He is passionate about skateboarding from what I can tell.

Look at what happened when skateboarders (who are considered legends and have had careers most would dream of) make a movie... We got street dreams. I have a gut feeling that Jonah the Jew will do a better job than Dyrdek and P. Rod did. Doubt he will embarrass the skateboard community like street dreams did.

grind is tight yo

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

shit_for_brains

ungzilla

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
Shit is hilarious

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are such haters! Damned if the kid does, damned if he didn’t. If he lived it for X amount of years, he lived it. You don’t get on girls that can barely kickflip, you harp on about supporting them.

If he’s got genuine love for skateboarding I don’t really see what the problem is. You guys don’t own this.
[close]
Are you being sarcastic? A person who quits skateboarding clearly doesn’t have genuine love for skateboarding. A person who still skates, regardless of how good of a kickflip they have DOES have genuine love for skateboarding.
Like, your argument and your examples are exact opposites. Were you trying to look that stupid, or does it come naturally to you?
[close]

Ignoring nearly everything you wrote, since you bore me.

No, it really is. You quit? You’re a fucking kook. You were too busy piling out? You’re a fucking kook.

Let’s be real, kook, you’re just pissed at my criticism of “Useda skate” because its you.

Let’s be entirely clear too: all those kooks who are supporting you are just kooks supporting kooks.

Real skateboarders don’t quit EVER.

Of course you don’t like me, kooks always have.
But thanks for the new roast quote
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mongoloid

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are such haters! Damned if the kid does, damned if he didn’t. If he lived it for X amount of years, he lived it. You don’t get on girls that can barely kickflip, you harp on about supporting them.

If he’s got genuine love for skateboarding I don’t really see what the problem is. You guys don’t own this.
[close]
Are you being sarcastic? A person who quits skateboarding clearly doesn’t have genuine love for skateboarding. A person who still skates, regardless of how good of a kickflip they have DOES have genuine love for skateboarding.
Like, your argument and your examples are exact opposites. Were you trying to look that stupid, or does it come naturally to you?
[close]

Ignoring nearly everything you wrote, since you bore me.

[close]

No, it really is. You quit? You’re a fucking kook. You were too busy piling out? You’re a fucking kook.

Let’s be real, kook, you’re just pissed at my criticism of “Useda skate” because its you.

Let’s be entirely clear too: all those kooks who are supporting you are just kooks supporting kooks.

Real skateboarders don’t quit EVER.

Of course you don’t like me, kooks always have.
But thanks for the new roast quote

You don't hold the significance to ever invoke any sort of emotion of me, you're literally a running joke on these boards.

I also think it's funny what a baby back bitch you exposed yourself to be in regards to the whole TNT ordeal. I've never seen such a ferocious tail tuck happen with such great velocity, at the very least you managed to impress me with what a giant gaping loudmouth pussy you are. So congrats there ole chap!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
You quit skating. Shut the fuck up kook. Your opinion means nothing.

Kook quit skating, then acts like he has credibility! Hahahahahaha, ok kook. Keeping kooking it.

You don’t like what I post? YOU QUIT SKATING

You think I’m a bitch? YOU QUIT SKATING

You think your opinion means anything? YOU QUIT SKATING.

Do you really think you have credibility on a messageboard designed explicitly to talk skating? YOU QUIT SKATING

Fucking trashy loser, no, I don’t identify with piling out so hard you quit skating, I moved to the most expensive region in the world, giving up lots of comforts, to skate, so when somebody tells me they quit skating because they were too busy piling out, I can’t understand what the fuck is wrong with them.

You have ZERO credibility in a thread about what makes a person a legitimate skateboarder, because you fucking aren’t one.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mongoloid

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »

Kook quit skating, then acts like he has credibility! Hahahahahaha, ok kook. Keeping kooking it.

Do you really think you have credibility on a messageboard designed explicitly to talk skating? YOU QUIT SKATING

Fucking trashy loser, no, I don’t identify with piling out so hard you quit skating, I moved to the most expensive region in the world, giving up lots of comforts, to skate, so when somebody tells me they quit skating because they were too busy piling out, I can’t understand what the fuck is wrong with them.

You have ZERO credibility in a thread about what makes a person a legitimate skateboarder, because you fucking aren’t one.

This guy ladies and gentlemen! Teaching the youth of tomorrow!

Need I say more?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
I read that in the goodfellas "fuck you, pay me" ray liotta voice

feedmeseymour

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Need I say more?

I’d be hyped if I had a teacher talk like that when I was in high school to be honest.

Mongoloid

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Need I say more?
[close]

I’d be hyped if I had a teacher talk like that when I was in high school to be honest.

I mean he is a pretty good living example of what bitchmade looks like in the flesh.

So there is that.