Author Topic: new greco film..... [coming soon]  (Read 27891 times)

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
Re: new greco film..... [coming soon]
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2018, 05:40:15 AM »
Ha. Love the inclusion of the guns n roses prancing

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »
Loved it, will watch again.

But how dare he make me think he did a switch fs 5050 bs 360. Unforgivable.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

guest1

« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:58 AM »
The only two things I got out of this film is that Greco and Penny are still great at skating and LA is a shithole.  I never “get” these weird hipster art films, but I enjoyed it and Greco’s skating is always a treat to watch.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
I just stopped by to say Tom Penny looks so much healthier on a skateboard in this than he has in years.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2018, 03:45:41 PM »
boring cunt

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Aside from Tom Penny's footage, this was a total snoozefest for me.  I guess because he's had so many identity crisises over the years.  All he's ever done is copy someone else's image, which I can understand when you're a kid but he's in his fucking 30s and still can't figure out his own shit.  Including the skating he does, it's like watching Jeremy Klein, if he wore  some shitty 70s outfit.  He's just a clown to me, and who knows, maybe that will be the next identity he latches onto.
[close]

EVERYTHING is a rip off of something to some degree.. Grecs is doing something completely seperate from what everyone else in skateboarding is doing, i think its sick. I back the old school mobster vibe hes giving, i also backed the hair metal hanoi rocks days so fuck knows.. anything to get away from the rolled beanie flood pants twats tbh
[close]

I'll take no nonsense, straight forward skating by someone who isn't playing dress up over this trite garbage any day. Everybody likes a bit of recognition/appreciation for what they do - some people won't be satisfied until the world sing's their praises. I wonder how much time Greco spends in front of the mirror each day?
[close]

I'd LOVE to hear your examples of skaters who aren't playing dress up
[close]

Anyone who doesn't put much thought into fashion and just wears regular pants like jeans or khakis, and a t shirt. No high waters, no dress shirts or suits, no all white outfits, no thrift store special ed kids outfits, no ironic outfits etc etc. Basically, anyone who isn't trying to draw attention to themselves via their clothing. Blend in vs stick out. 2 different camps, I get it... but I put a lot more respect on those who let their skating be the focus, or aren't such obvious extreme narcissists.

On top of all this, Greco is just trying to skate exactly like Jeremy Klein, who I personally always felt had the worst style and trick selection. Jump ramps to makeshift obstacles in the streets?! That's the corniest shit ever.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
The only two things I got out of this film is that Greco and Penny are still great at skating and LA is a shithole.  I never “get” these weird hipster art films, but I enjoyed it and Greco’s skating is always a treat to watch.
i got it. it was greco's paen to pink floyd's the wall. greco plays 'pink' an artist who has had too much applause, too much drugs and too many slams. he becomes detached from reality and asks 'kay ko should i build the wall?'
next stage of greco will be leader of a fascist state, racist skaters w/ hammers on their neck battering the poor, the weak, the mongo.
at the end greco will have to express genuine feeling and stop hiding behind art.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2018, 04:23:25 PM »
boring cunt

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Aside from Tom Penny's footage, this was a total snoozefest for me.  I guess because he's had so many identity crisises over the years.  All he's ever done is copy someone else's image, which I can understand when you're a kid but he's in his fucking 30s and still can't figure out his own shit.  Including the skating he does, it's like watching Jeremy Klein, if he wore  some shitty 70s outfit.  He's just a clown to me, and who knows, maybe that will be the next identity he latches onto.
[close]

EVERYTHING is a rip off of something to some degree.. Grecs is doing something completely seperate from what everyone else in skateboarding is doing, i think its sick. I back the old school mobster vibe hes giving, i also backed the hair metal hanoi rocks days so fuck knows.. anything to get away from the rolled beanie flood pants twats tbh
[close]

I'll take no nonsense, straight forward skating by someone who isn't playing dress up over this trite garbage any day. Everybody likes a bit of recognition/appreciation for what they do - some people won't be satisfied until the world sing's their praises. I wonder how much time Greco spends in front of the mirror each day?
[close]

[close]

Anyone who doesn't put much thought into fashion and just wears regular pants like jeans or khakis, and a t shirt. No high waters, no dress shirts or suits, no all white outfits, no thrift store special ed kids outfits, no ironic outfits etc etc. Basically, anyone who isn't trying to draw attention to themselves via their clothing. Blend in vs stick out. 2 different camps, I get it... but I put a lot more respect on those who let their skating be the focus, or aren't such obvious extreme narcissists.

On top of all this, Greco is just trying to skate exactly like Jeremy Klein, who I personally always felt had the worst style and trick selection. Jump ramps to makeshift obstacles in the streets?! That's the corniest shit ever.
[close]

If the choice is between being labelled boring, or dressing up in costumes everyday, then boring is fine by me. I'm not trying to attract attention. Like I said, blending in vs sticking out.

I have to say though, I am surprised that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Barely any criticism. I can accept that I'm in a small minority here. I just find this sort of thing very cheesy and was never a fan of Greco to begin with. I was still intrigued enough to watch it, but had to keep skipping ahead. I'm not a movie person, so that obviously makes a difference too.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:38:42 PM by Budgie Lasek »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
Sorry I haven't read the thread or watched this yet, but I was wondering if Jeremy Klein appears at all?
I think he was in the original cut as Grec's waifu, but yeah I guess they had a fight over who got to hug the anime pillow

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
For the people that “get it”, can you explain the plot and what message it was trying to convey?

Anyone ever watch this thing?...

I spent the entire hour and fifteen minutes trying to figure out what the fuck was going on and eventually had to look it up online.  Apparently it’s got something to do with God.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:06:28 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
boring cunt

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

If the choice is between being labelled boring, or dressing up in costumes everyday, then boring is fine by me. I'm not trying to attract attention. Like I said, blending in vs sticking out.

I have to say though, I am surprised that the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Barely any criticism. I can accept that I'm in a small minority here. I just find this sort of thing very cheesy and was never a fan of Greco to begin with. I was still intrigued enough to watch it, but had to keep skipping ahead. I'm not a movie person, so that obviously makes a difference too.

you dress up in a costume everyday too, dummy. you just choose to wear the same one everyone else wears.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2018, 11:21:41 PM »
I ain't gonna pretend to know art but I liked this because it was fun and looked great. Then again, i've always been partial towards Jim, ever since I saw his Misled Youth part.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2018, 02:05:13 AM »
I just stopped by to say Tom Penny looks so much healthier on a skateboard in this than he has in years.

Is it me, but doesn't he only 'look' cleaner but also skate 'cleaner' again? There was a while when he was on shrooms a lot (I think) a lot when he would do a weird leg gesture everytime he landed a trick. Almost like a twitch. Seems to be gone?

Still can't get over Jim's slam. And how many tattoos has Jim gotten removed, a lot? I've seen a few places where I was like 'huh' didn't he used to have tattoos there? Like his whole neck is completely clean now?

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2018, 05:06:58 AM »
Your comparing his behaviour to yours like its relevant or important. Nobody fucking cares.

Expand Quote
boring cunt

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2018, 05:44:10 AM »
jim and tom together skating in the eternal city of Rome was simply beautiful.

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2018, 08:24:54 AM »
Loving this vid was like reading "Catcher in the Rye" on the train. Ernest and embarrassing in equal measure. I loved it. Someday Jim will 100% find the breaking point in reconciling whatever his persona is with the act of skateboarding, but he's not there yet.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
Your comparing his behaviour to yours like its relevant or important. Nobody fucking cares.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]

How soon we forget... ^ ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:37:06 AM by Budgie Lasek »

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2018, 09:15:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]
[close]

You still couldn't give any examples.. Because even "blending in" is a thought out costume, it's just the one everyone else is wearing.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
For the people that “get it”, can you explain the plot and what message it was trying to convey?

Anyone ever watch this thing?...

I spent the entire hour and fifteen minutes trying to figure out what the fuck was going on and eventually had to look it up online.  Apparently it’s got something to do with God.

Great movie. Makes Eraserhead look like Ernest Saves Christmas.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2018, 11:57:34 AM »
Loving this vid was like reading "Catcher in the Rye" on the train.
Bruh

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »
I'd definitely watch "Eraserhead Saves Christmas".

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You still couldn't give any examples.. Because even "blending in" is a thought out costume, it's just the one everyone else is wearing.

I gave a very clear description of the clothing styles I don't find disagreeable. I'm not going to do the work for you and make a list of skaters I like - figure that out yourself.

If you honestly don't understand the difference between a costume and normal clothes, I can't help you. You're deep though, bro... so deep.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I gave a very clear description of the clothing styles I don't find disagreeable. I'm not going to do the work for you and make a list of skaters I like - figure that out yourself.

If you honestly don't understand the difference between a costume and normal clothes, I can't help you. You're deep though, bro... so deep.

but your version of normal clothes would be a costume if i wore it. 'normal is completely subjective. to Corey Duffel a few years ago normal was  a Pepe Le Pew hairdo and a topshop leather jacket. this years Greco's normal is stolen wardrobe from a mobster movie. why do you care so much about other peoples clothes?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
I get the sense that Ishod really and truly does not give a fuck about what he wears.  Anyone that wears jean shorts is not trying to impress anyone with their fashion sense.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2018, 02:48:17 PM »
Loving this vid was like reading "Catcher in the Rye" on the train. Ernest and embarrassing in equal measure. I loved it. Someday Jim will 100% find the breaking point in reconciling whatever his persona is with the act of skateboarding, but he's not there yet.

What’s an acceptable book to read on a train? Or one that’s like at least 60/40 Ernest/embararring?

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

The question wasn't about who's "agreeable" (or who you like), it was about who's wearing a costume. You're argument is shaky, and you know you can't defend it if you bring it to specific examples.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
Why would anyone want Greco to dress "normal"? He's fucking Greco.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
Why would anyone want Greco to dress "normal"? He's fucking Greco.
if you're up on your greco, you know that he did dress normal for his 15 stair sw fs flip down wilshire. it was a great trick but one of his biggest regrets. when reached for comment jim said 'i almost should have done it again in better clothes, that was fuckin baraka!'

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »

but your version of normal clothes would be a costume if i wore it. 'normal is completely subjective. to Corey Duffel a few years ago normal was  a Pepe Le Pew hairdo and a topshop leather jacket. this years Greco's normal is stolen wardrobe from a mobster movie. why do you care so much about other peoples clothes?

You could argue that normal is subjective, to a degree, but I'm more inclined to call blue jeans and a basic tee normal over purposely torn women's jeans, 17 different accessories, a skin tight freddy krueger shirt, and a fedora. That, to me, seems a bit more like flair... like very much trying NOT to be normal.

As for your question about why I care about people's clothes...   It's a message board for discussing skateboarding, and my comment was regarding why I don't particularly like this skateboarding. I found it very cheesy, and part of that was the clothing. Skateboarding is a visual thing, and we all decide what visuals appeal to us. A LOT of skaters seem to love fashion and following trends or dressing kind of wild to 'be different'... which is fine. But I don't have to like it... and I don't.

I guess the bigger question is - why does it bother YOU so much that I don't care for Greco's style? Man crush maybe?

oroku1983

« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You could argue that normal is subjective, to a degree, but I'm more inclined to call blue jeans and a basic tee normal over purposely torn women's jeans, 17 different accessories, a skin tight freddy krueger shirt, and a fedora. That, to me, seems a bit more like flair... like very much trying NOT to be normal.

As for your question about why I care about people's clothes...   It's a message board for discussing skateboarding, and my comment was regarding why I don't particularly like this skateboarding. I found it very cheesy, and part of that was the clothing. Skateboarding is a visual thing, and we all decide what visuals appeal to us. A LOT of skaters seem to love fashion and following trends or dressing kind of wild to 'be different'... which is fine. But I don't have to like it... and I don't.

I guess the bigger question is - why does it bother YOU so much that I don't care for Greco's style? Man crush maybe?
People like to put effort into their dress because it's fun and makes life more interesting. You sound like you're very much on the spectrum though with you clearly being threatened by people with personality (something people with autism find challenging) and your "movies aren't my thing" comment (wtf) .
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:44:54 PM by oroku1983 »

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2018, 06:01:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
boring cunt

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The question wasn't about who's "agreeable" (or who you like), it was about who's wearing a costume. You're argument is shaky, and you know you can't defend it if you bring it to specific examples.

Or, you might have poor reading comprehension. I was asked for examples of who WASN'T playing dress up. Instead of bothering to make a list, I made it very clear by stating what sort of fashion I thought was cheesy. Process of elimination, duh.

But, for starters, how about the whole Sour team? Wes? Walker Ryan? Daewon? Cairo? Alexis Ramirez? Jesus? Danny Brady? Enrique? McCrank? O'Neil? Tiago is playing 90's dress up, so there's one guy I like who makes me a bit of a hypocrite, but obviously the list goes on and on. I actually think it's funny I had to name names to get through to you guys. Holy fucking dense.