Author Topic: Talking to cops...(Boston Lynch park)  (Read 11851 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Talking to cops...(Boston Lynch park)
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »
the connection is now so many dumb pro whites have another example of "see it happens to us to!" when the reality is this white dude got way more leniency and time to comply when so many black people are treated physically much much worse and faster with BS excuses like they were "threatening".

big shocker that you would be the first poster to have a problem with that statement.

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2018, 06:47:03 PM »
You have no power over what another man chooses to do, right or wrong, you only have power over what you choose to do. Its so simple.

Oh this is now a race war thread my b. As a white I'm pro white as fuck, suck it pro blacks. Yeet

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
the connection is now so many dumb pro whites have another example of "see it happens to us to!" when the reality is this white dude got way more leniency and time to comply when so many black people are treated physically much much worse and faster with BS excuses like they were "threatening".

big shocker that you would be the first poster to have a problem with that statement.
way to make it about you when there weren't any black people on video.
if i wanted to say 'it happens to whites too' i'd post this or that mesa AZ murder. that skater kid was a pussy and the cop didn't hurt him. wrongful arrest? maybe, brutality? nah.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2018, 06:53:08 PM »
of course you find a reason to post that anyway. whatever im not going to argue with a racist like you that casually uses terms like wigger and nigga over and over.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »
Cops obviously an asshole but I love reading through comments and seeing people say shit like "cop didn't read him his rights".

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
Before we get too far with anecdotal evidence:

Three people are killed by the police each day. If you live in Arizona you are 5x more likely to be killed by the police than someone who lives in New York. Per capita, black men are 3.5 times more likely than white men to die at the hands of police.

Also, Frontline recently did a documentary on the police in NJ. https://www.pbs.org/video/frontline-policing-police/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »

This kid is ruining the national police brutality narrative? I don’t think Tom Brady’s taking a knee for this kid next week man, BLM will be fine. Police can be brutal to different groups without invalidating the argument of disproportionality.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2018, 07:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This kid is ruining the national police brutality narrative? I don’t think Tom Brady’s taking a knee for this kid next week man, BLM will be fine. Police can be brutal to different groups without invalidating the argument of disproportionality.

no this guy isnt ruining the national police brutality narrative but he is hurting the narrative about black people being treated more harshly than whites. the average all lives matter person sees this as a white guy being treated just as poorly as a minority when in reality this guy was given way more chances to get out of the situation unscathed yet he continued to physically struggle against the cop.

again the cop is an asshole and was excessive and totally in the wrong. he should be fired. the skater was a complete dumbass at the same time.

boogs

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »
Shocked Gip hasn't set this one straight yet.
he dipped

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2018, 07:37:46 PM »
Gotta say “nopes” to that logic. I understand you’d like video of white criminals being aided by the police, but it’s the real world and you get what you get. The cops don’t like people who don’t comply; how you dress, your presumed level or innocence, and race all come into play. Again, if you see an imbalance in the amount of brutality against a group, by all means speak up, but it’s not necessary to pretend that it doesn’t happen to all groups.  That faulty narritive, my friend, is what weekens your movement.
“I know this happens to all groups and we can agree that is a problem, more problematicly it’s happing to this group more severely and frequently”

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
Pigs gon’ pig.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2018, 09:27:41 PM »
Just comply instead of being an asshole back to them. When they try to book you for trespassing, you can say that you were unaware that you weren’t allowed to be there and thought the hours were xx AM - xx PM. It’s only trespassing if you knew you weren’t supposed to be there. Then, it would get tossed out in court and you can sue for being detained illegally in civil court, especially if it’s in a skatepark (and no laws were actually broken).

I’ve been handcuffed once, stopped multiple times, but never arrested for just skateboarding. Once you start arguing and making a scene by being a whiny bitch, you’re getting booked. Stay calm and speak when spoken to, instead of acting on impulse.

I’ve been dealing with cops kicking me out of spots for 10-15 years, and most scenarios consisted of weird, friendly, small talk, especially during out-of-state trips. You just leave when they tell you to so you don’t end up on YouTube/Instagram.

How's that boot taste?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:38:11 PM by HotnSpicyMcChicken »

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2018, 09:33:42 PM »
FYI to all the mouth-breathers in this thread-

No FUCKING shit that the dude in the vid should have just shut up, the issue here is that many of you took more offense/were quicker to identify the problematic part of this vid as being the fact that the dude wasn't "fully complying" as opposed to the fact that cops can literally do anything they want and ruin your life on a whim.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2018, 10:44:40 PM »
The only official webpage of the park I could see (Charles River Conservancy) states that the park currently closes at 9 p.m. The same for Google, though I am not sure where Google gets that information.

If a crime didn't occur, could someone still be charged with resisting arrest?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2018, 10:59:08 PM »
The only official webpage of the park I could see (Charles River Conservancy) states that the park currently closes at 9 p.m. The same for Google, though I am not sure where Google gets that information.

If a crime didn't occur, could someone still be charged with resisting arrest?
yeah, happens all the time.
our system is screwy. if you haven't broken a law there's vague charges like 'disturbing the peace' or 'disorderly person' which basically means you pissed off a cop.
i've gotten a ton of those when i was a kid and talked my way into jail.
also, you can get resisting arrest by itself even if you shouldn't have been arrest in the first place. it's some catch 22 shit.
basically, cops are trash as the poor but they've been entrusted w/ brutalizing the poor to keep them in line. along the way, some of them may do a kindness or whatever, they're just lower educated people like a lot of us but they make a good living which is dying out for average joes in america.
i wouldn't say the upper class respects them but they afford them impunity so long as they punch down or lateral. cops have done some evil shit over the decades but really, cops are just people. i didn't get that when i was younger but the same folks that join gangs, military, etc. can't hate em all [but maybe feel safer when they're not around].

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2018, 04:29:34 AM »
Doesn't have to be resisting at all. You don't do what the cops tells you to do, you are failing to obey a direct order.  That's why his fellow officers didn't want him to say he was arresting the kid for trespassing. Failure to comply is a blanket coverage for the blue line boys. Just like "I feared for my life. I believed he was reaching for a weapon" is gonna get cops out of trouble when they I'll some innocent kid. No matter what race they are.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2018, 05:14:54 AM »
the kid was an idiot, the cop was an idiot

ralf_

• Rep: -27
  • yo
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2018, 05:33:10 AM »
wittgenstein says meaning is usage and i think the sk8 community as a whole is stoked af on ludwig.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:24 AM »
So much fucking cringe from the skateboarders in the background.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »
Doesn't have to be resisting at all. You don't do what the cops tells you to do, you are failing to obey a direct order.  That's why his fellow officers didn't want him to say he was arresting the kid for trespassing. Failure to comply is a blanket coverage for the blue line boys. Just like "I feared for my life. I believed he was reaching for a weapon" is gonna get cops out of trouble when they I'll some innocent kid. No matter what race they are.

At least where I'm from, the moment they take you down and cuff you, you are being formally arrested. The officer needs probable cause that you've committed a crime in order to make that determination. In my years of working with a law enforcement agency, you'd be surprised how little power they actually have. How they interact with the public is based on how likely they think that person will complain against them.

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2018, 12:02:14 AM »
im sure that State Trooper would rather be out there Fighting Crime, doing all this bitchin' Stuff
Do You even Street Style ???

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
im sure that State Trooper would rather be out there Fighting Crime, doing all this bitchin' Stuff

Entertainment has corrupted our understanding of the criminal justice system. Being a cop is a rather mundane job with a few moments of excitement here and there. The average cop in NYC only makes one arrest each week.

"A very small proportion of what police actually do has anything to do with enforcing criminal law—or with criminal matters of any kind. Most of it has to do with regulations, or, to put it slightly more technically, with the scientific application of physical force, or the threat of physical force, to aid in the resolution of administrative problems. In other words they spend most of their time enforcing all those endless rules and regulations about who can buy or smoke or sell or build or eat or drink what...Police are bureaucrats with weapons."

https://libcom.org/files/David_Graeber-The_Utopia_of_Rules_On_Technology_St.pdf

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2018, 10:16:21 PM »
Personal story, but:
There’s a cop going through a mid life crisis in my hometown who skates and tries to hustle kids to buy cheap blank boards and generic bearings. He regularly tells the locals that he’s not there to arrest anyone, but that he’ll arrest law breakers who aren’t skating. A lot of my friends are comfortable with him because he ***SWEARS*** he won’t arrest any of us for smoking weed... probably cause he comes to smoke weed at the park too :-)
I don’t like people who show up to a park to not skate as much as anyone else, but what the fuck? The guy is about as awkward and dorky as any other old dude, but you’re gonna hold him to some high standard, as if his word means ANYTHING. It’s a weird jock mentality, that he can come into our community, feel like he’s taking care of us and doing us a favor, all while freely choosing what and when and whose lives he’ll ruin on a whim.
I’ve only seen him arrest one person. A homeless kid with a pill problem who used to be a skater.  He would sleep at the park sometimes, so the cop waited around for him and arrested him when he fell asleep.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2018, 02:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Entertainment has corrupted our understanding of the criminal justice system. Being a cop is a rather mundane job with a few moments of excitement here and there. The average cop in NYC only makes one arrest each week.

"A very small proportion of what police actually do has anything to do with enforcing criminal law—or with criminal matters of any kind. Most of it has to do with regulations, or, to put it slightly more technically, with the scientific application of physical force, or the threat of physical force, to aid in the resolution of administrative problems. In other words they spend most of their time enforcing all those endless rules and regulations about who can buy or smoke or sell or build or eat or drink what...Police are bureaucrats with weapons."

https://libcom.org/files/David_Graeber-The_Utopia_of_Rules_On_Technology_St.pdf

Thanks for this Graeber reading. I missed this one.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2018, 03:50:00 AM »
impressive amount of bootlicking going on this thread. keep it up slap.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »
all that city out there and people go to boston to skate a park?

Exactly my sentiment mate!
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
ACAB

All
Cops
Are
Buttholes

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Getting arrested because you’re complaining about skating a skatepark is as embarrassing as the cop was wrong for doing it. Go skate Boston, Jesus.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

honestly my favorite skate days are ones where i leave the city and go shitty parks in the burbs with a few friends.  there are dozens of small town parks you can have all to yourself. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

FROTHY

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2018, 11:58:01 AM »
Before we get too far with anecdotal evidence:

Three people are killed by the police each day. If you live in Arizona you are 5x more likely to be killed by the police than someone who lives in New York. Per capita, black men are 3.5 times more likely than white men to die at the hands of police.

Also, Frontline recently did a documentary on the police in NJ. https://www.pbs.org/video/frontline-policing-police/

Gotta put stats like that into context though.

Literature:
"On the most extreme use of force –officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings." - Roland G. Fryer, Jr., professor of economics who at the age of 30, became the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard.