Author Topic: Evan Smith  (Read 20039 times)

Ducky Fucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -75
Re: Evan Smith
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2018, 10:05:15 AM »
What the fuck ?

LegitDude

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2018, 10:45:17 AM »
What did he do wrong on the Australia trip?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »
I loved his recent part and have not listened to his Nine Club yet but I can’t stop thinking about the fact that he ate dog shit. This does not make me feel good. Honestly, it makes me want to never buy one of his products. To think, I nearly bought one of his decks on sale a few weeks back- and that was before I knew about the dog shit.
Thank fuck I went for Birdhouse.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

fs overkrook

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
He’s an incredibly gifted skateboarder and has the creativity to match. Evan has always been eccentric as well, so I’m sure smoking hash, eating mushrooms, and dropping acid can only accelerate his eccentrisim.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
Does Element winning KOTR validate him eating dog shit? Probably not.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
Does Element winning KOTR validate him eating dog shit? Probably not.

I’m not sure anything validated that. To be fair I more blame whiever put the book together.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
He skates incredibly good definitely a big fan of his skating, but I feel he's the kind of person that's always too happy and hyper that it's annoying to have him around.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2018, 01:37:56 PM »
Woman want to fuck him and men want to be him
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
His skateboarding speaks for itself. He really is one of the best. But he seems annoyingly weird. I think I would really like him if he came out and said everything he has said in interviews/media has just been a giant troll. Otherwise he's way to fucking fried

Dernpop1

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »
He is a definite ripper. The tripped out hippie gig is weak.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2018, 02:14:56 PM »
I would hate to have to sit down and listen to that dopey cunt speak

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »
I like some of his skating but I don't think i could handle 5 seconds of the guy in person. 

conqueso

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2018, 02:34:22 PM »
he does not get a pass for eating poop.

thebacker

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2018, 02:52:00 PM »
he does not get a pass for eating poop.

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »
If eating poop made one skate as good as him, I would not hesitate.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »
His skateboarding speaks for itself. He really is one of the best. But he seems annoyingly weird. I think I would really like him if he came out and said everything he has said in interviews/media has just been a giant troll. Otherwise he's way to fucking fried

Glad I aint the only one

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »
Made it about 15min in on his Nine Club interview and had to cut it off. Dudes mind is everywhere.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
I loved his recent part and have not listened to his Nine Club yet but I can’t stop thinking about the fact that he ate dog shit. This does not make me feel good. Honestly, it makes me want to never buy one of his products. To think, I nearly bought one of his decks on sale a few weeks back- and that was before I knew about the dog shit.
Thank fuck I went for Birdhouse.
yeah thank fuck! birdhouse is so cool

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
Amazing talent but I just don’t like his style.  Someone described it as “drippy”, and I think that hit the nail on the head.

I was surprised at how naive and child-like he was on the 9 club.  Seems like he was homeschooled.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »
During the 2014 KOTR, I kept thinking Julian Davidson was Evan Smith, which made me think both dudes were fried beyond repair.

I'll think about Evan again if he cuts his hair

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
I don't think Evan's really any dumber than the average pro skater. Maybe just a little more childlike and naive. Like when he brought up relativity on the nine club. Like he might have been a little misinformed, but he seemed to be genuinely stoked and interested in the idea. At least his psychedelic gimmick is better than Richie Jackson's whole dress up like Salvador Dali and call his skateboarding a psychedelic frontier when he probably doesn't even trip.

I don't think it's right to call him fried either. A weirdo for sure, but at least he isn't one of those self-proclaimed 'psychonauts' who trip balls and think about their own mind all day without participating in reality. Evan seems to make good use of the drugs, like actually challenging the laws of physics and pushing the boundaries of what is possible on a skateboard. On that nine club episode he seemed to have a realistic attitude about psychedelia. The way he was portrayed on KOTR made me think he'd be one of those acid-in-the-reservoirs, change the face of the world morons. Seems more like he just has a healthy curiosity about things and experiences. Either way, he shredded harder than anyone else on that trip, so even if he was a bit of a space cadet he clearly had a solid grip on reality.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
I'm getting old. I stood next to this dude at the DIME contest challenge and I had no clue who he was.

But, I just watched his new Peace part. I was impressed that he pulled some NBDs on two Barcelona spots that have had "everything" done on them.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »
He skates incredibly good definitely a big fan of his skating, but I feel he's the kind of person that's always too happy and hyper that it's annoying to have him around.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2018, 10:34:00 PM »
Saying he makes good use of psychedelics is just dumb.  He's a hippy who likes to take hippy drugs.  This doesn't make him a better skater.

LongStoryShort

• Rep: -13
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »
Love his loose lanky style, he's like Kramer on a skateboard, but there's a fine line between accepting a sketchy make and not redoing a trick because it's really tech and never gonna look perfect with your unorthodox style anyway.

Needs a filmer who gets his style so he can have honest feedback at the spot before it hits the editing room.
Some sketchy makes can look better than perfect ones, but you don't want half the tricks in your part to be questionable.

Most hippy type people overdo it being pretentious with their fashion, whereas he just wears the clothes his sponsors give him for free. Seems like a genuine dude,  not a fan of his music, but no problem with the psychonaut talk.

His Peace part was sick, really enjoyed his stuff in future nature, and the cinematographer project too

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2018, 02:06:37 AM »
If eating poop made one skate as good as him, I would not hesitate.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
I never met the guy, but a lot of you guys nailed exactly what I wanted to say. Weird hippy vibe. Kind of pretentious, but I never met the guy so it could just be the look on his face. Like bro, most of us and even older people in the 70s have tried psychedelics. We've seen all the perspectives and hallucinations, so don't act like you had this great awakening and know more than other people. But, being a pro skater has got to make your head pretty huge. Especially for the pro's who never struggled in the real world.
 "Never strugled in the real world"?  Wtf?!  In the real world you can break bones and get paralyzed.  That's what he is risking for money to live.  Your just being a hater.  There's no difference between you and him so if you want a break from the 'real world' - just hop on some handrails.   They're the lap of luxury.  (PS yes I agree with the skate world his style is iffy and his whole head/face/hair sucks.  Oh well)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2018, 03:24:17 AM »
Saying he makes good use of psychedelics is just dumb.  He's a hippy who likes to take hippy drugs.  This doesn't make him a better skater.

Saying this kind of dismissive shit is dumb. All I'm saying is he's more than just an acid-fried burnout. However hard he's gone on the hallucinogens he's never slowed down on the skating front. He seems to thrive on that kinky shit

Lorn Au Arcos

• Rep: -4
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2018, 07:02:00 AM »
I would be really surprised if he is not the next SOTY. I feel like the wheels have been in motion for that since KOTR. Never heard anything negative about him from people that know him but have never personally met him.

borntosin

• Rep: -25
  • Guilty as Sin
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2018, 08:33:30 AM »
way to fried. But insane skater

my thoughts exactly, dude is way too fried, his nine club was kinda embarrassing.. 
i can't even go to the grocery store without encountering at least a half dozen front feeble impossibles out up 8 stair sets